The Ramadan Pole Paradox

(1/5) > >>

Malik:
This set of questions and answers explores Ramadan's relation to the North and South Poles. According to Islamic rules, the keeping and breaking of a fast is related to times of sunrise and sunset which do not occur near the Poles as they would on other places on the Earth.

Q: How long is the day and night in countries near the North & South Poles?

* A: As we get closer to the North or South Pole, the day or night might extend for up to several months each. On the Noth Pole itself, daylight lasts 24 hours during the summer months and darkness lasts for 24 hours during the winter months.

Q: How can a Muslim fast in Ramadan in these countries?

* A: A Muslim can not fast otherwise he/she will starve to death.

Q: Why can't a Muslim fast during Ramadan near the Poles?

* A: The Pious will start the fast in the morning and end it when the Sun sets. Considering the Sun will be up in the sky for days and weeks and month, the pious will have to starve to death. Our bodies can survive for multiple days without food but we will die without water.

Q: What solution did Islamic Scholars offer to the Pious?

* A: Islamic scholars offered the only Mickey Mouse solution they could offer. The scholars made a fatwa that the pious can follow the schedule of his original country or the schedule of the closest country with a distinguishable day & night.

Q: Why it is not a valid solution to follow the schedule of our original country?

* A: What if the Muslim was born near the Poles? And why do I have to follow the schedule of another country? What kind of solution is this anyway?

Q: Why it is not a valid solution to follow the schedule of the closest country where day & night can be distinguished?

* A: Again, why do I have to follow the schedule of another country? And what does the 'Closest Country' mean? The closest country will still have a day or a night that will extend for 23 hours.

The North Pole.

Q: Why do you think Islam did not take into consideration Muslims living near the Poles?

* A: We can understand some desert dwellers not knowing about the poles, but the Creator of the Universe should have known better.

Q: Don't you think the rules for Ramadan were imposed by a Divine Entity?

* A: Impossible. Whoever made these rules either believes that the Earth is Flat, or the Earth is in a Perfect perpendicular tilt relative to the Sun. A real Creator would not make such an astronomical blunder in regards to his/her Creation.

Q: Many People believe the Qur'an is Satanic. Do you agree?

* A: Absolutely not. Satan would not have made such an astronomical blunder either. Satan would know that the Earth is a tilted sphere relative to the Sun. Satan would not have made this mistake.

Q: What do you think Muslims should do about the Ramadan Paradox?

* A: They should stop believing in fairy tales.

Q: Did Muhammad fast Ramadan?

* A: Muhammad, got himself and all the prophets before him an exemption from having to fast, because the
weight of the revelations is too heavy. Muslims should get an exemption for themselves too.

I did not write this I got it from wikiislam

Manat:
There's also a fiqh rule that you fast according to the time of sunrise on the last day on which there was a clearly distinguished sunrise or sunset in your area.  And said one scholar, 'If this results in 18 hours of fasting so be it.  IT is a struggle and a test and there is a bunch of shit coming out of my ear.' 

Baal:
Yep, I wrote this few Ramadans ago. I was being super-nice too. The rules of how to fast Ramadan are not in the koran. The koran only orders people to fast Ramadan, it does not describe that they should fast in relation to the Sun.

The Ramadan rituals, do not directly attack the koran, they only prove how flawed the tradition and the hadith and the knowledge of Muhammad were.

If I wanted to be a bit of a prick and tarnish the koran, I would have wrote the same article, but on the prayers time. The koran states Three prayer times (Not Five) and all of them are in relation to the position of the Sun in the sky. Good luck of course, finding the Sun at noon (or any time during the day or night) North of Sweden in January.

Now, please do not shoot me I am just the messenger, shoot the creator of the universe who messed up the book, and also feel free to shoot that other other messenger.

Baal:
Quote from: fading on August 29, 2009, 06:19 AM

There's also a fiqh rule that you fast according to the time of sunrise on the last day on which there was a clearly distinguished sunrise or sunset in your area.  And said one scholar, 'If this results in 18 hours of fasting so be it.  IT is a struggle and a test and there is a bunch of shit coming out of my ear.'  

What if it the day lasts 6 month, followed by night which also lasts 6 month?

awais:
Quote from: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/5842/

It was proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told his companions about the Dajjaal (antichrist). He was asked how long he would stay on earth, and he said, ?Forty days, one day like a year, one day like a month, one day like a week and the rest like your days.? It was said, ?O Messenger of Allaah, the day which is like a year, will the prayers of one day be sufficient for us then?? He said, ?No, estimate them.? So the day which will be like a year is not regarded as one day in which only five prayers will be sufficient, rather we are obliged to offer five prayers in each twenty-four hour period. He commanded them to offer the prayers at intervals as on a regular day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page