Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:54 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 29, 2024, 07:32 AM

New Britain
September 24, 2024, 10:45 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Islam or Atheism - The Big Debate

(Read 36577 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Islam or Atheism - The Big Debate
     Reply #240 - June 05, 2010, 08:40 PM

ok screw it, what the heck - he was an atheist, you dudes are driving me nuts!

No he wasn't. Don't be presumptuous.  Tongue

Hey, YOU brought it up! Let's just say he was agnostic and leave it at that.
     Reply #241 - June 05, 2010, 08:58 PM

yeah only cos BD that dork asked me which physicists i thought believed in a creator. anyway we all agree that BD is a dumb-dumb-head - that's the most important thing

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #242 - June 05, 2010, 08:58 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #243 - June 05, 2010, 09:52 PM

i don't think God will get upset, but it's personally something i'd rather not do. my personal belief is that everything we have is because of God - he is the reason i can love my wife and son - i don't want to ignore him

pork is a personal preference - i don't think it could be  considered a 'sin'

The Quran says not to eat it, so if you eat it then you are disobeying God.  Come on, you just know that any being that could create the entire universe wouldn't give a shit whether or not you ate pigs; and that's exactly why you should know that the Quran was made up.  Otherwise how can it possibly make any sense?

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #244 - June 05, 2010, 09:55 PM

i don't think God will get upset, but it's personally something i'd rather not do. my personal belief is that everything we have is because of God - he is the reason i can love my wife and son - i don't want to ignore him

He ignores us often enough. :s
     Reply #245 - June 05, 2010, 09:56 PM

The Quran says not to eat it, so if you eat it then you are disobeying God.  Come on, you just know that any being that could create the entire universe wouldn't give a shit whether or not you ate pigs; and that's exactly why you should know that the Quran was made up.  Otherwise how can it possibly make any sense?

Because apparently the qur'an was only intended for 7th century arabs.  Huh?
     Reply #246 - June 05, 2010, 10:44 PM

ok screw it, what the heck - he was an atheist, you dudes are driving me nuts!

No, he was agnostic  dance

In a 1950 letter to M. Berkowitz, Einstein stated that "My position concerning God is that of an agnostic"  Tongue
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein's_religious_views

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #247 - June 05, 2010, 11:46 PM

NO! He was a Muslim!! Angry

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #248 - June 06, 2010, 12:56 AM

Grin
     Reply #249 - June 06, 2010, 12:57 AM

In a 1950 letter to M. Berkowitz, Einstein stated that "My position concerning God is that of an agnostic"  Tongue

fuck that. he was an agnostic-deist  yes

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #250 - June 06, 2010, 07:46 AM

Thanks for the quote.  I knew that his previous letters were not conclusive to prove anything either way, but it did look as though he was more agnostic than deist to me.

But still, it doesn't matter what he was on account that.
    1: He was clearly fallible.
    2: He's a corpse.

Reply #251 - June 06, 2010, 02:17 PM

You're being silly now.

Einstein stated that "My position concerning God is that of an agnostic"
    Which part of this did he say he's part deist?

I get his position because its the same as my own.  He thought all religion sounded man-made, and as someone who studied science at the highest level, he expected far more from God than the scriptures that were sent and thought it seemed a little too simplistic.

Also as a scientist he was not left with any concrete facts to go off, so he was left to conclude in the same way as anyone following scientific method would have concluded then and even now = agnostic.

After reading all the facts, if you want to be more specific I would say he fell on the spectrum between atheism-deism-pantheism = agnostic

but I actually dont believe he was sure of his stance or may have changed with time/mood/context/agenda, hence the confusion.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #252 - June 06, 2010, 02:21 PM

I think Abu Yunus was joking. Sounds like his type of joke. You know... crap?
     Reply #253 - July 02, 2010, 10:03 PM

I just found these two interesting Einstein quotes:

1: Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions, and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seem to me to be empty and devoid of meaning.

2: A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.

Reply #254 - July 02, 2010, 11:29 PM

You're being silly now.

Einstein stated that "My position concerning God is that of an agnostic"
    Which part of this did he say he's part deist?

I get his position because its the same as my own.  He thought all religion sounded man-made, and as someone who studied science at the highest level, he expected far more from God than the scriptures that were sent and thought it seemed a little too simplistic.

Also as a scientist he was not left with any concrete facts to go off, so he was left to conclude in the same way as anyone following scientific method would have concluded then and even now = agnostic.

After reading all the facts, if you want to be more specific I would say he fell on the spectrum between atheism-deism-pantheism = agnostic

but I actually dont believe he was sure of his stance or may have changed with time/mood/context/agenda, hence the confusion.

I heard he was influenced by Spinoza's philosophy

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #255 - July 02, 2010, 11:32 PM

2: A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.

Exactly, this was one of my earliest sticking points to the road to apostacy - what man chooses to do out of fear/reward bears more relevence to his lack of moral integrity that to his good character.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #256 - July 02, 2010, 11:49 PM

this ethics question opened once with a guy who claims he believes  (he drinks, smokes weed and tobacco, had a girlfriend in kosovo and one in austria) and when i asked him if he doesn't do bad stuff because he knows why it is wrong or because he is afraid of allah, he answered because he is afraid.. I then asked would you rape your sister or mother if you knew there is no god? He said probably yes.... I didn't have a clue what to say except "You are a fuckin psycho then..."

maybe he wouldn't do that, but he wanted to stick to his claim that morals come from fear of god by any means, even if that means raping your own sister.

Just look at the sun and the moon, rotating around the earth perfectly! Out of all the never ending space in the universe, the sun and moon ended up close to earth rotating around it perfectly.!!

Reply #257 - July 02, 2010, 11:52 PM

one muslim I know couldnt understand why I didnt steal   idiot2

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #258 - July 02, 2010, 11:58 PM

For such Muslims, it's almost tempting to say: "dude, keep your religion, coz' you need it!"  Wink

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #259 - July 03, 2010, 12:56 AM

Lol

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #260 - July 03, 2010, 01:03 AM

When will Hamza Tortoise put the youtube video on his blog.  For a Muslim he is a c****tease entertainer.  It's been almost 3 weeks

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #261 - July 03, 2010, 08:58 AM

I didn't have a clue what to say except "You are a fuckin psycho then..."

I'd have said "Bye then, it's been nice knowing you".

Imagine what this kind of sicko is like when the regime under which he lives says that you can rape someone as a form of punishment.  I can't stand assholes like this.

Reply #262 - July 03, 2010, 09:26 AM

I just found these two interesting Einstein quotes:

1: Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions, and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seem to me to be empty and devoid of meaning.

X infinity

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #263 - November 01, 2010, 09:16 PM

Just found another quote from Einstein

Einstein said; "It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it"

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #264 - November 01, 2010, 09:52 PM

i never said Einstein was religous if you read through all my posts - just that he wasn't an atheist - we can argue all day long about what his position in between the two actually was.

Reply #265 - November 01, 2010, 09:54 PM

I think its pretty safe to say that he (like many) changed his position from time to time and thats why we can't gain a conclusive answer on the subject.
     Reply #266 - November 01, 2010, 10:34 PM

His position where it matters was clear.  He believed all religion is man made....because it so obviously is.

Reply #267 - November 01, 2010, 10:38 PM

I really think he has not made his mind up, otherwise he would have been far more definitive.  I think its safe to say he could have been an atheist/agnostic/deist with everything he's said. 

Either way,  for his time even this thought was was very radical.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #268 - November 01, 2010, 10:39 PM

I really think he has not made his mind up, otherwise he would have been far more definitive.  I think its safe to say he could have been an atheist/agnostic/deist with everything he's said. 

Either way,  for his time even this thought was was very radical.

He clearly said he does not believe in a personal god.  The Abrahamic religions require a personal god, he therefore outright rejected those religions.

Reply #269 - November 01, 2010, 10:43 PM

Huh? My post was agreeing with you?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »