Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 02:19 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
Today at 08:47 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 03:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 04:08 AM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 02:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 03:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 08:51 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Who's Dr. Shark

(Read 17434 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Who's Dr. Shark
     Reply #30 - June 19, 2010, 12:55 PM

I thought marhaba was a standard greeting across most parts of the arabic speaking world? It's not exclusively turkish Huh?

Reply #31 - June 19, 2010, 01:05 PM

Where has Sheikh Jaws disappeared to?  Huh?  Tongue

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #32 - June 19, 2010, 01:16 PM

He is not addicted to COEM just yet... Cheesy

Reply #33 - June 19, 2010, 02:55 PM

okay coco. i was not aware of that Smiley  just know a bit of turkish so thats why i asked.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #34 - June 19, 2010, 03:32 PM

Is that what you would do if you had a son who didnt believe?  I thought you once said that if it happened to you, then you would disown them and never speak to them again?

yeah, but Moe is BEYOND convincing... it's over for him...

actually, it pains me to see his father playing along, and coming to this site in hopes he'd be able to win his son back into the religion. I hope he'd understand there's no going back for Moe, and just live with it.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #35 - June 19, 2010, 03:50 PM

And so begins the obligatory theological debate...

You know, we don't have to rush to debate every single Muslim that comes here

Anyhow, salam and welcome, Dr. Shark  Smiley

I think we should at least respond a Muslim visitor's posts, if they say anything silly.  If they don't initiate the debate, and they look like they are not primarily interested in debating, we don't need to rush into a debate with them.

While I'm at it, here's another post Dr Shark made on another thread:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10515.msg285003#msg285003

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #36 - June 19, 2010, 03:55 PM

@ tea

sometimes people take themselves a bit too seriously... Dr. Shark is interested in one thing and one thing only: getting his son back! Do you really think he wants to be here and that he's reall interested in debating anyone here? he's doing all of this for his son... it's an act to win him back... that's all.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #37 - June 19, 2010, 04:05 PM

I see what you are saying.  As you can see I have tried to be extra nice to Dr Shark, and not get into a debate with him, personally.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #38 - June 19, 2010, 04:10 PM

Well, the man puts his humanity above the faith and acts reasonably. I applaud him for that. Some would simply disown their family members because they're hell-bound.

Why can religion poison a relationship, which has been otherwise very normal and healthy?

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #39 - June 19, 2010, 06:00 PM

actually, it pains me to see his father playing along, and coming to this site in hopes he'd be able to win his son back into the religion. I hope he'd understand there's no going back for Moe, and just live with it.

Is that what you would do if Moe was your son?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #40 - June 19, 2010, 06:05 PM

No.

Fathers are different... Dr. Shark, obviously, is the kind who loves his children so much... i don't think I'd be that kind of a father...

Reply #41 - June 19, 2010, 06:25 PM

No.

Fathers are different... Dr. Shark, obviously, is the kind who loves his children so much... i don't think I'd be that kind of a father...

I still dont get your stance.  Even if he was just ideologically different from you, and didnt want to hurt you?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #42 - June 19, 2010, 06:30 PM

I still dont get your stance.  Even if he was just ideologically different from you, and didnt mean to hurt you?

if he doesn't want to hurt me then he shouldn't tell me! I remember you once said you enjoyed the looks on your mother's face when you bad-mouth Islam in front of her.. do you think you're really not trying to hurt her?

I believe most kids who tell their parents of their apostasy are trying to hurt them.... or to seek more attention! I can't believe it's so hard to keep it a secret from them.

Reply #43 - June 19, 2010, 06:52 PM

I believe most kids who tell their parents of their apostasy are trying to hurt them.... or to seek more attention! I can't believe it's so hard to keep it a secret from them.

For some it is hard.  When you are coming under increasing pressure to get married (to a Muslimah, of course), and when you see years and years of your life wasting away preserving a tradition/religion you don't agree with, and when you have to pretend to be a Muslim, praying and fasting etc,  it just gets frustrating and you want to take a stand against it, so that the next generation doesn't have to go through the same problems.  It's about freedom and living your own life for yourself and not to please your parents.

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #44 - June 19, 2010, 08:05 PM

I agree with ateapotist.  Those so absolutely disgusted with living a lie and NEEDING to break away, who in fact LOVE their family (especially from cultures where life revolves around the family, and are very close knit) may feel a need to share this with their family.  Not out of spite, but wanting to be honest with themselves and their family. 

why do you think one would do this out of spite? and btw, are YOU a muslim, debunker?

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #45 - June 19, 2010, 08:06 PM

It's some numerology thing some Desis are into.

zebedee it is an internet acronym thingy that somehow translated into arabic that has to do with praising big Al
    (at least thats what a yemeni and saudi muslim told me)

Mystery solved, then.

I can't help myself. It's not just Muslims though, anyone who makes a statement along the lines of "We should respect everyone's beliefs" will cop the same treatment from me.  The idea that a belief deserves respect just because someone holds it to be true is no less ridiculous than saying we should respect beliefs of the past just because people USED to hold them to be true.

Bollocks is bollocks, I don't care who believes/believed it - and people should learn not to respect it.

Of course we don't have to respect other people's beliefs. But people are gonna continue believing absurd piles of BS no matter how much you argue with them. Up to you, just seems like a waste of time for the most part.

I think we should at least respond a Muslim visitor's posts, if they say anything silly.  If they don't initiate the debate, and they look like they are not primarily interested in debating, we don't need to rush into a debate with them.

While I'm at it, here's another post Dr Shark made on another thread:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10515.msg285003#msg285003

Like I said, entirely up to you. Sometimes debating with people is just a waste of time though. And I find that if you rush to attack others' beliefs or mock them, it makes them defensive, and therefore disinclined to truly think about you say to them.
     Reply #46 - June 19, 2010, 08:30 PM

if he doesn't want to hurt me then he shouldn't tell me! I remember you once said you enjoyed the looks on your mother's face when you bad-mouth Islam in front of her.. do you think you're really not trying to hurt her?

I dont agree with the way you put it though.  I thought her look was funny, yes. I wind her up about it, yes.  We are all a bunch of wind-up merchants in our household so dont judge every situation by your own.

In any case, whether you agree of disagree, I was talking about a hypothetical scenario and not my own so you cant then base your conclusions on everyone by my own.  

When I first told them, it was far from an attempt to hurt them.  I just dont like pretending and lying about my thoughts, particularly to my parents, who I love dearly.

I can't believe it's so hard to keep it a secret from them.

Its not, but its false. Forgive me, but I think your thoughts are a little skewed on this one.

It may be the way you were raised, or a culture you believe in, but most parents dont want their kids to lie to them.  I certainly never want my children to lie to me.  And thats even if they decide to become a Muslim.

Whats the point of having such a close relationship, if its with a different person than the person inside?

I believe most kids who tell their parents of their apostasy are trying to hurt them.... or to seek more attention!

I am really surprised you believe this.  In fact I think its the most short-sighted post from you that I can remember  mysmilie_977  

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #47 - June 19, 2010, 08:58 PM

Wrong. I'm shocked that you would think so.
    With me it was about one thing and one thing only, LIFESTYLE.

If my parents were the kinda parents who would normally* allow me to eat non-Halal food, drink, have pre-marital sex, not fast Ramadan...ect I wouldn't have felt I needed to tell them about my religious beliefs.
    In fact I didn't tell them about my apostasy until they started asking questions like "why do eat non-Halal food? why did you have sex? why are you saying it's OK? " and then one day my dad was like "son do you believe in Allah? are you a Muslim?" and I was like "it's good that you brought it up cuz no I don't believe in any religion".

*By normally I mean with no questions or restrictions.
     Reply #48 - June 21, 2010, 03:09 AM

Beyond convincing? How can you be sure that is true? I've never actually debated anyone here yet.

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine

https://twitter.com/AlharbiMoe
     Reply #49 - June 21, 2010, 03:30 AM

well, I can tell by your attitude.

Anyway, I hope you don't get upset if I tell you this but please stop torturing your poor father. Either pretend that you're a Muslim again or tell him the truth that you will never ever believe in Islam again.

Reply #50 - June 21, 2010, 03:37 AM

@ Dr. Shark

I once told a Muslim member here, who was offering to help skeptical muslims, and was asking whether they had questions, I told him that if they'd ask any questions then they'd ask them only to re-confirm/re-affirm their disbelief.

In fact, your son Moe started a thread asking member here for questions to shut up the Imam he's planning to meet with. Even before seeing the Imam, he was trying to kill any possibility at going back.

You son has already made up his decision and does not want to change it.

PS. by the way, it was wrong to suggest that he sees an Imam. No offense, but those Imams/Sheikhs are dumbest and most laughable among Muslims who are actually interested in studying their religion.

Reply #51 - June 21, 2010, 03:38 AM

well, I can tell by your attitude.

Pardon my french, debunker, but my supposed attitude doesn't mean shit. If I did not say "I will never come back to Islam" then there is always a chance that I might. I just haven't found a good reason to come back yet.

Anyway, I hope you don't get upset if I tell you this but please stop torturing your poor father.

You make me laugh

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine

https://twitter.com/AlharbiMoe
     Reply #52 - June 21, 2010, 03:43 AM

ok, you're upset. sorry.

Is your father still coming here? i would like to have a word with him.

Reply #53 - June 21, 2010, 04:00 AM

Debunker you're not doing yourself any favors here friend. Leave the subject Smiley
     Reply #54 - June 21, 2010, 04:03 AM

What? I'm trying to convince his father to stop torturing himself trying! Moe is NOT coming back to Islam. End of story.

Reply #55 - June 21, 2010, 04:07 AM

No offence but I'll just say it right out, Emotional Intelligence is not really your forte.

Leave this matter alone, I’m sure they both know what they’re doing and why they’re doing it. I doubt you’re helping.
     Reply #56 - June 21, 2010, 04:13 AM

No offence but I'll just say it right out, Emotional Intelligence is not really your forte.

I'm not sure what that is but perhaps you're misreading me.

Reply #57 - June 21, 2010, 04:22 AM

EQ vs IQ.  Simply put they are both related to intelligence, but one deals with your intelligence in matters of people and the other in relation to logical problems

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #58 - June 21, 2010, 04:22 AM

Beyond convincing? How can you be sure that is true? I've never actually debated anyone here yet.

I think Debunker is just making a poor attempt at reverse psychology, ignore his ultimatum and do what you want.

As for your father, remember that his mental torment is due entirely to his delusion rather than your refusal to comply with it.  On some other message board the same scenario is probably being played out because a child won't accept that Jesus is God, or that Vishnu created the universe from a Lotus flower.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #59 - June 21, 2010, 04:31 AM

On some other message board the same scenario is probably being played out because a child won't accept that Jesus is God, or that Vishnu created the universe from a Lotus flower.

+1

And despite being contradictory positions, their all sure that they are right "because they have faith"

Which shows faith is baloney, and really needs to be substantiated to mean anything.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »