Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 05:56 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
October 12, 2024, 10:11 AM

New Britain
October 12, 2024, 09:24 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 29, 2024, 07:32 AM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Comments on Debunker and IA debate

(Read 77974 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Comments on Debunker and IA debate
     Reply #90 - June 28, 2010, 08:26 AM

This is incorrect.  If it had been in the one-on-one forum I would never even have seen it because I don't subscribe to that forum.  The post was made in the "God and Religion" forum which is a forum open to debate from all users of this site.  IA posted what looked like a transcript of a conversation that had already taken place, a conversation that WAS private but had now been made public in order for other people to comment on.

I posted, you got all offensive and wanted me to go away, I rightly refused (like the fictitious dog owner on the bus waiting for the police).  Other people commented afterwards, did you ask them to stop commenting? No, you persisted in telling ME that you don't want ME to post because you don't like ME.

The request to move it to the one-on-one forum was therefore clearly discriminative.  You singled me out.  I was annoyed with Aziz for pandering to your demand because it was a clear case of personal victimisation.

Bollocks! When you showed up, I started *pleading* with you to leave the discussion.. i also asked the mods to move the thread to the Exclusive Rooms. When Aziz, thankfully, moved the thread, and yet you kept posting that's when my pleading changed to *shouting orders* at you to leave!

Anyway, this only proves that I see you as an INTELLECTUAL GIANT. No member here is anywhere near as smart as yourself (sorry guys) and that's why I can discuss things with other members but not with a supremely intelligent person like yourself, get it?

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #91 - June 28, 2010, 08:33 AM

That's a feckin' good point

what's so "good" about his point? 12:30 says that the Egyptian women were criticizing the wife of the Aziz for falling in love with her slave (prophet Joseph).

Again, what's so brilliant about his "point"?

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #92 - June 28, 2010, 08:42 AM

Bollocks!

Bollocks is it?  Look here:

I started the thread in the Religion and God sub-forum and I didn't intend it to be a one-on-one thing.

Now onto the next part of your post...

When you showed up, I started *pleading* with you to leave the discussion..

Why should I?  Public discussion on a public forum.  Why should everyone else be permitted to comment on it but not me? Do you expect me to just sit back and take that?  As soon as I commented you then wanted it moved to a private discussion...

The bullshit is you acting all smart and shit when you really aren't! Please, Ration, you get on my nerves, I can't stand you, please buzz of this thread! I beg you!

Or mods, please move this to the Exclusive Rooms.

Note that you are asking me to stop commenting OR for the mods to move the discussion to the one-on-one forums.  You are saying that absolutely anyone can join in on this discussion except for me.  This is plain victimisation, that is why I continued to comment (in protest.)

I will not be victimised, and I will not be censored.

There are plenty of people in this world who for some reason or another are going to rub you up the wrong way.  Some of them are unavoidable, you should to learn to cope with them better.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #93 - June 28, 2010, 08:43 AM

what's so "good" about his point? 12:30 says that the Egyptian women were criticizing the wife of the Aziz for falling in love with her slave (prophet Joseph).

Again, what's so brilliant about his "point"?

What's so terrible about a woman wanting sex with a male slave, but is okay for a man to have sex with his female slave?

Reply #94 - June 28, 2010, 08:47 AM

@ TR

My question was addressed to Zebedee. It's impolite to answer a question that was addressed to someone else. I don't think it's appropriate for an ignoramus like myself to teach a giant like yourself basic good manners.

Reply #95 - June 28, 2010, 08:49 AM

What's so terrible about a woman wanting sex with a male slave, but is okay for a man to have sex with his female slave?

popcorn

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #96 - June 28, 2010, 08:51 AM

@ Islame

Why don't you ask me the question yourself?

Reply #97 - June 28, 2010, 08:54 AM

@ Islame

Why don't you ask me the question yourself?

You really need to grow up! 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #98 - June 28, 2010, 08:57 AM

@ Islame

You really need to grow up!  

Why? I love acting like a little boy.

All what that verse did was retelling an ancient story. The verse simply quoted Egyptian women's opinion on the matter. Period.

The slave, by the way, was prophet Joseph.

Reply #99 - June 28, 2010, 09:00 AM

@ Islame

Why? I love acting like a little boy.

All what that verse did was retelling an ancient story. The verse simply quoted Egyptian women's opinion of the matter. Period.

OK, I accept that - let me put another question to you..

Why are woman not given exclusive permission to have sex with their slaves like men are?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #100 - June 28, 2010, 09:04 AM

Why are woman not given exclusive permission to have sex with their slaves like men are?

Are we talking about married women or single women?

Reply #101 - June 28, 2010, 09:17 AM

Well Quran does not given permission to any group of women, so you can assume it takes all women into consideration in the same way that it conversely gives all men permission to have sex with their slaves.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #102 - June 28, 2010, 09:54 AM

Married women can't have sex with anyone beyond their husbands. Period.

Single women can free their slaves if they wanted to marry them. Why do they need this extra step (free/marry the slave)? I don't know... but my *guess* is it has to do with the potential children.  

Reply #103 - June 28, 2010, 10:02 AM

lol because a slave can't even own their own children Grin
     Reply #104 - June 28, 2010, 10:59 AM

My question was addressed to Zebedee.

Regarding an issue I raised, and on a public forum.

It's impolite to answer a question that was addressed to someone else.

If you wish to teach me manners I think you should teach by example Wink

All what that verse did was retelling an ancient story. The verse simply quoted Egyptian women's opinion on the matter.

12:30 - And she, in whose house he was, asked of him an evil act. She bolted the doors and said: Come! He said: I seek refuge in Allah! Lo! he is my lord, who hath treated me honourably. Lo! wrong-doers never prosper.

Observations
    1: "Allah's" words indicate that her desire was an evil act.
    2: The "prophet" Joseph says that her actions would make her a wrong doer.

The message is that a woman wanting to have sex with her slave is wrong.

Reply #105 - June 28, 2010, 11:03 AM

I thought that was because she was about to cheat on her husband?
     Reply #106 - June 28, 2010, 11:05 AM

I thought that was because she was about to cheat on her husband?

Surely sex with a slave is not "cheating" on your spouse, otherwise the Quran would be permitting men to commit adultery?

Reply #107 - June 28, 2010, 11:06 AM

12:30 - And she, in whose house he was, asked of him an evil act. She bolted the doors and said: Come! He said: I seek refuge in Allah! Lo! he is my lord, who hath treated me honourably. Lo! wrong-doers never prosper.

Observations
    1: "Allah's" words indicate that her desire was an evil act.
    2: The "prophet" Joseph says that her actions would make her a wrong doer.

The message is that a woman wanting to have sex with her slave is wrong.

like I said, I'm no match for your intelligence... I can only discuss your brilliant questions/arguments if someone else asked them.

Reply #108 - June 28, 2010, 11:16 AM

like I said, I'm no match for your intelligence... I can only discuss your brilliant questions/arguments if someone else asked them.

If you don't want to discuss with me then feel free not to.  However I will continue to comment on your comments even when not addressing you personally, just to share my thoughts on any points you make.  I think though that if you choose to respond to what I post you should make it constructive.

I dislike the family down the road from my house, but I smile and say "Good morning" to them whenever I see them - except for the convicted paedophile in their family, him I choose to ignore; I find it a better option than telling him to fuck off every time I see him.  It helps to make the cogs of life run smoother Smiley

Reply #109 - June 28, 2010, 11:22 AM

Well, debunker, it's obvious that the Qur'an regards women doing it with their slaves as some heinous sin, but of course it gives explicit sanction to men to do so in a few places. Strikes me as being something of an odd double standard for a god to take.
     Reply #110 - June 28, 2010, 11:23 AM

@ TR

I don't understand why you're taking offense when I'm calling you "smart". piggy

Reply #111 - June 28, 2010, 11:23 AM

Hey Rationalizer

I notice you had your hand up all through that TV show you were on. Just out of curiosity, what were you gonna say?
     Reply #112 - June 28, 2010, 11:25 AM

Well, debunker, it's obvious that the Qur'an regards women doing it with their slaves as some heinous sin, but of course it gives explicit sanction to men to do so in a few places. Strikes me as being something of an odd double standard for a god to take.

Are you saying that verse 12:30, was saying that? yes/no?

Reply #113 - June 28, 2010, 11:25 AM

Hey Rationalizer

I notice you had your hand up all through that TV show you were on. Just out of curiosity, what were you gonna say?

what TV show? I have to see it!

Reply #114 - June 28, 2010, 11:27 AM

Are you saying that verse 12:30, was saying that? yes/no?

All the verses pertaining to that incident make it quite clear that the woman wanting to have intercourse with her slave was morally unacceptable. Don't you agree?
     Reply #115 - June 28, 2010, 11:31 AM

what TV show? I have to see it!

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10923.0

Scroll down til you get to ateapotist's post. He has the videos uploaded. See if you can spot Rationalizer  grin12
     Reply #116 - June 28, 2010, 11:32 AM

@ Zebedee

All the verses pertaining to that incident make it quite clear that the woman wanting to have intercourse with her slave was morally unacceptable. Don't you agree?

So instead of answering my yes/no question with either a yes or a no, you answered by asking me a yes/no question. Anyway, here's my answer:

No. I don't agree.

1- The Sura was re-telling the story of Joseph.
    2- The Sura was quoting what people said.
    3- The wife of the Aziz was already married. In that society, a married woman who has sex with other men is betraying her husband.
    4- Joseph didn't want to have sex with her for two reasons: 1- He didn't want to committt fornication. 2- He didn't want to betray his master who was kind to him.

Now, will you be kind enough to answer my simple yes/no question I posted in my previous post?

Reply #117 - June 28, 2010, 11:48 AM

1- The Sura was re-telling the story of Joseph.
    2- The Sura was quoting what people said.
    3- The wife of the Aziz was already married. In that society, a married woman who has sex with other men is betraying her husband.
    4- Joseph didn't want to have sex with her for two reasons: 1- He didn't want to committt fornication. 2- He didn't want to betray his master who was kind to him.

Verse 12:30 are Allah's words + the words of Joseph and say the same thing.

Reply #118 - June 28, 2010, 11:52 AM

What a genius, so when God quotes the Pharoah saying: "I know no god for you other than myself", then the Quran is confirming this to be the truth?

Besides, the woman was married! The Egyptian women thought lowly of her because she was married and wanted to betray her husband with a lowly slave!

Not only are you a genius, you're also very knowledgeble of the Quran...  (pun intended)

Reply #119 - June 28, 2010, 11:55 AM

Its irrelevent anyway - the quran gives explicitly gives permission to men, but doesnt to women.   Even without this, its pretty obvious that Mo would not have wanted wives to be shagging their slaves for fun.  Come on guys.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »