Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 05:56 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
October 12, 2024, 10:11 AM

New Britain
October 12, 2024, 09:24 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 29, 2024, 07:32 AM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Comments on Debunker and IA debate

(Read 77958 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 9 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Comments on Debunker and IA debate
     Reply #180 - June 28, 2010, 09:50 PM

are you a Jew who is an Atheist or a Jew who believes in Judaism?
     Reply #181 - June 28, 2010, 09:51 PM

Grin

I'm an atheist. Not a jew was just pulling your kufi.

Sorry  Embarrassed

In any case, welcome to this forum. Please introduce yourself by making an introduction thread Smiley
     Reply #182 - June 28, 2010, 10:03 PM

lo soy means: I am?!! 

Yo soy or soy means "I am"

Lo soy literally means "I am that", but in this context it's the same.

My girlfriend is spanish Smiley

Yes, Spain is the biggest exporter of inflatable sheep dolls in Europe.

fuck you
     Reply #183 - June 28, 2010, 10:06 PM

skimmed the site. Doesn't look to be worth it.
    Use common sense man, that verse is describing the geographic location, and time. If Sun literally set on murky water or any other place on Earth people would've been scorched to death. But hey what can I say.

You don't need a Tafsir for this. A simple common knowledge did the trick for me.

حَتَّىٰ إِذَا بَلَغَ مَطْلِعَ الشَّمْسِ وَجَدَهَا تَطْلُعُ عَلَىٰ قَوْمٍ لَّمْ نَجْعَل لَّهُم مِّن دُونِهَا سِتْرًا

until, when he reached the rising of the sun, the place where it rises, he found it rising on a folk,
    namely, Negroes (zanj), for whom We had not provided against it, that is, [against] the sun, any
    [form of] cover, in the way of clothing or roofing, as their land could not support any structures;
    they had underground tunnels into which they would disappear at the rising of the sun and out of
    which they would emerge when it was at its highest point [in the sky].

tafisr al jalalayn

Now we all know that the when the sun is hottest when it is at its height. This tafsir is written from the perspective that the earth is flat and dhul qarnayn reached its edge. The people that were there had to hide underground from the sun while it rose cause they were real close to it  Roll Eyes

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #184 - June 28, 2010, 10:12 PM

and how did the mufassirin guess it was negroes? I tell you how: they read npn-Islamic sources... like that Queen of Sheba had goat legs and that cows worshipped baby Jesus and that Jesus sent Paul, simon and a third one to a Antioch... how I hate those idiots.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #185 - June 28, 2010, 10:13 PM

Now we all know that the when the sun is hottest when it is at its height. This tafsir is written from the perspective that the earth is flat and dhul qarnayn reached its edge. The people that were there had to hide underground from the sun while it rose cause they were real close to it

that's pure speculation... the tunnels and all that crap is in Tafsir, not Quran.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #186 - June 28, 2010, 10:14 PM

that's pure speculation... the tunnels and all that crap is in Tafsir, not Quran.

this is true but jalaludin as suyuti believed the earth was flat

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #187 - June 28, 2010, 10:15 PM

and how did the mufassirin guess it was negroes? I tell you how: they read npn-Islamic sources... like that Queen of Sheba had goat legs and that cows worshipped baby Jesus and that Jesus sent Paul, simon and a third one to a Antioch... how I hate those idiots.

hey isnt zanjee like a bad word...kinda like the n-word in english?

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #188 - June 28, 2010, 10:16 PM

Gire a nosotros, a su vez a Jerusalén

My Spanish ain't so hot at all, but this don't sound right to me.

fuck you
     Reply #189 - June 28, 2010, 10:19 PM

this is true but jalaludin as suyuti believed the earth was flat

so what? and Ibn Kathir believed in all sorts of legends (like giant men who crossed whole rivers in a single step.. .he believed those lived in his time... I'm serious).

Reply #190 - June 28, 2010, 10:20 PM

hey isnt zanjee like a bad word...kinda like the n-word in english?

yes. and it's Zinji not Zanji.

Reply #191 - June 28, 2010, 10:24 PM

Zinji, please.

Eh-- doesn't sound right. I think you made it up.

fuck you
     Reply #192 - June 28, 2010, 10:26 PM

Zinji, please.

LOOL!

Reply #193 - June 28, 2010, 10:28 PM

so what? and Ibn Kathir believed in all sorts of legends (like giant men who crossed whole rivers in a single step.. .he believed those lived in his time... I'm serious).

Cheesy

Wouldn't that be the people of 'Aad?
     Reply #194 - June 28, 2010, 10:30 PM

well, the people of 'Aad were mentioned in the Quran to be powerful, nothing about their sizes, though.

In any case, 'Aad were exterminated... the dude believed those giants lived in his day!

Reply #195 - June 28, 2010, 10:33 PM

yes. and it's Zinji not Zanji.

so how come the word is used in the tafsir?

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #196 - June 28, 2010, 10:35 PM

it's the same word as negroe... it became later used in a deragatory manner... when did this start, I don't know.. but in any case, the Arabs (of Arabia proper) have always been racist (they looked down on any thing non-Arab includinf Persians and Romans when they were the two superpowers at the time).

Islam tried to change that (racism), but it didn't work.

Reply #197 - June 28, 2010, 10:38 PM

it's the same word as negroe... it became later used in a deragatory manner... when did this start, I don't know.. but in any case, the Arabs (of Arabia proper) have always been racist (they looked down on any thing non-Arab includinf Persians and Romans when they were the two superpowers at the time).

put this post in the mrasheed thread thats what I was trying to tell him.

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #198 - June 28, 2010, 10:38 PM

@ DD

check this out:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=10726.msg284854#msg284854

Reply #199 - June 28, 2010, 10:39 PM

It probably worked to a limited extent, at least in certain Arabized countries. My dad would refer to Black Americans as "niggers" but he would never refer to Somalis or other Black people he knew were Muslim using that slur.

fuck you
     Reply #200 - June 28, 2010, 10:40 PM

It probably worked to a limited extent, at least in certain Arabized countries. My dad would refer to Black Americans as "niggers" but he would never refer to Somalis or other Black people he knew were Muslim using that slur.

Many of the saudis Ive met were racist. the less religious they were the more racist they were. he also said arabia proper

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #201 - June 28, 2010, 10:41 PM

What tunnel? And how is it gonna save you if sun was to literally set in a murky water.
     Reply #202 - June 28, 2010, 10:42 PM

Well, Saudis/Khalijis use a far worse slur! They don't call them Zinjis... they call them *slaves*.... the Arabic word for slave, in the local accents of modern time Arabia, means a black person!

Reply #203 - June 28, 2010, 10:45 PM

Many of the saudis Ive met were racist. the less religious they were the more racist they were. he also said arabia proper

By the way, I was stunned by your compliments of Saudis in that intro thread of yours... what kind of Saudis did you meet? Were they all students studying abroad? Or just some dawagandists?

Reply #204 - June 28, 2010, 10:45 PM

Far worse? I don't know about that. Somethin tells me using either word (nigger or slave, in English) in a hateful manner will elicit the same level of anger from the person you're using it against.

fuck you
     Reply #205 - June 28, 2010, 10:46 PM

I read that thread lol at what Iblis said. I dunno though man Saudis were always good to me man. They seemed to hate on bengalis the most, blacks and yemenis

Well, Saudis/Khalijis use a far worse slur! They don't call them Zinjis... they call them *slaves*.... the Arabic word for slave, in the local accents of modern time Arabia, means a black person!

abd?

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #206 - June 28, 2010, 10:47 PM

By the way, I was stunned by your compliments of Saudis in that intro thread of yours... what kind of Saudis did you meet? Were they all students studying abroad? Or just some dawagandists?

thye were either studying or on some work study thing were they worked here as a doctor in the hospital for a year or two.

I'm an asshat.
     Reply #207 - June 28, 2010, 10:49 PM

@ Q

but nigger literally means black, slave means slave! it's so insulting...

although the religious ones recently started calling the black people: "our uncles". Since Hajar (Ishmael's mother) was believed to be a black slave girl. And since Arabs are descendents of Ishmael, the religious ones now are caling them (the blacks), "uncles".

Reply #208 - June 28, 2010, 10:50 PM

I read that thread lol at what Iblis said. I dunno though man Saudis were always good to me man. They seemed to hate on bengalis the most, blacks and yemenis

abd?

yes.

Reply #209 - June 28, 2010, 10:51 PM

Many use Zinji in a non-derogatory manner.

Yes Abd=slave can mean a person with very dark complexion. Until the 90s it was OK to refer to peanuts imported from Sudan as "slave peanuts". Now it's become non-PC and people refer to it as Sudanese peanuts.
  • Previous page 1 ... 5 6 78 9 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »