Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
September 24, 2024, 10:45 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 20, 2024, 04:09 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
September 15, 2024, 01:08 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New forum member.

(Read 8697 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New forum member.
     OP - July 26, 2010, 08:07 PM

At the request from Islame on my newest thread, I am posting my introduction here.

There was a time when I questioned the validity of religion and god, and that time was always.
    Ever since I can remember, I have devoted long periods of thought and research into religion and logic.

I have essentially always been a 'Strong atheist', though I will freely admit I have given many religions the benefit of the Doubt in many years, ofcourse, any respect for the constructs dissapeared after spending significant amounts of time studying the books, the history, science and the claims about them, where I was always left with a thought of "This is ridiculous".

Over the years I have prided myself on always going the extra step to understanding everything about religion, its origins, its arguments, its claims and it's book, so much that I am now at the point where I've essentially 'been there,done that' with every claim ever made by theists in favor of religion and creation and against atheism and Evolution.

So what first made me question the validity of religion.
    It originally started as a child when I used to watch a number of Old Testament movies...but at the same time I also watch the greek mythology movies aswell....I simply put 2+2 together and noticed how there was technically no difference between them, yet one was considered true and the other...not.
    From that point, more complex questions and thoughts arose and the rest is history.

So far I've majored in Molecular Biology and been informally studying Cosmology and All forms of Evolutionary Biology since then.
    and I dont need to tell you about my future ambitions...Im pretty sure you'll all hear about me in the coming years  Wink
  • Re: New forum member.
     Reply #1 - July 26, 2010, 08:13 PM

welcome aboard mate  far away hug    Afro

"There aint no devil, it's just God when he's drunk"- Tom Waits
     Reply #2 - July 26, 2010, 08:15 PM

signwelcome where you from btw.  How did you find us?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #3 - July 26, 2010, 08:17 PM

Welcome mighty_cats Smiley Excellent youtube channel too, BTW. Afro

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #4 - July 26, 2010, 08:18 PM

"where you from btw.  How did you find us?"

I've known about this place for some time now (6 months perhaps)
    I came across it several times in google searches, then again on a few videos from 'discussislam' on youtube.
    Though When I again came across the 'Debunking islam miracles' thread again today, I decided to add my own list incase people wanted more debunkings, thus im here now. Smiley

At the moment, I am currently living South Yorkshire.
     Reply #5 - July 26, 2010, 08:20 PM

Welcome mighty_cats Smiley Excellent youtube channel too, BTW. Afro

Thankyou, glad you enjoy the channel. thnkyu
     Reply #6 - July 26, 2010, 08:24 PM

Welcome in Mighty_cats.
     Reply #7 - July 26, 2010, 08:53 PM

Welcome!

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #8 - July 26, 2010, 09:00 PM

Welcome mighty cats!  can i have a link to your vids?  
    No doubt you will offer valuable
    "rational" debate with some of our visitors lol   bunny*Yeah!!*  

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #9 - July 26, 2010, 09:03 PM

I have it on the science section of the forum and heres a link to my channel:

youtube(dot)com/user/TheIslammiracle
     Reply #10 - July 26, 2010, 09:05 PM

tyvm Smiley  poor abdul.. he's about to get pwned LOL  where's rasheed!  LOLOL

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #11 - July 26, 2010, 09:08 PM

Here's a link to mighty_cats' youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheIslammiracle

(BTW, you should now be able to place links in your posts.)

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #12 - July 26, 2010, 09:16 PM

Welcome to the forum MC.  far away hug

Why do I have to sign in to view your videos?

Reply #13 - July 26, 2010, 09:20 PM

hello mighty cats, welcome to the forum  Smiley

btw we appear to have very similar scientific interests. I have a PhD in Molecular Biology and a keen interest in Cosmology and Theoretical Physics  Smiley

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #14 - July 26, 2010, 09:21 PM

tyvm Smiley  poor abdul.. he's about to get pwned LOL  where's rasheed!  LOLOL

who's abdul?

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #15 - July 26, 2010, 09:23 PM

who's abdul?

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=11506.175

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - July 26, 2010, 09:26 PM

oh that dude - i like him

Reply #17 - July 26, 2010, 09:30 PM

Welcome to the forum MC.  far away hug

Why do I have to sign in to view your videos?

Im sure its just a youtube problem that arose, all my videos are public ,so I would just say to try again in a while or a diffferent video and maybe the problem will go away on its own  Smiley
     Reply #18 - July 26, 2010, 09:35 PM

Welcome to the dark side  signmuahaha

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #19 - July 26, 2010, 09:45 PM

hello mighty cats, welcome to the forum  Smiley

btw we appear to have very similar scientific interests. I have a PhD in Molecular Biology and a keen interest in Cosmology and Theoretical Physics  Smiley

great, looking forward to discussing the good ol' topics of Abiogenesis and pre big bang theories sometime  far away hug parrot
     Reply #20 - July 26, 2010, 09:57 PM

Welcome to the forum, mighty_cats.  hugs

Nice YouTube channel you've got there.  We'd be delighted to help you with any info about Islam.  Smiley

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #21 - July 26, 2010, 10:26 PM

great, looking forward to discussing the good ol' topics of Abiogenesis and pre big bang theories sometime  far away hug parrot

far away hug

lol, a couple of my fave topics. are you into string theory and the like as well? what are your favourite physics books?

Reply #22 - July 27, 2010, 08:32 AM

Welcome, mighty_cats.

As it happens, I too found this forum after google pointed me towards that 'Debunking Scientific Miracles in Quran' thread. Excellent stuff.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #23 - July 27, 2010, 09:17 AM

Welcome Smiley

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #24 - July 27, 2010, 11:12 AM

far away hug

lol, a couple of my fave topics. are you into string theory and the like as well? what are your favourite physics books?

Well as far as physics books go ,I only research the reference books and manuals,so theres not so much of a favorite per-se, however anything by Michio Kaku is always worth a read (though not really an educational source)
    Physics of the impossible and hyperspace are worth a look.

Skeptical about string theory at present  (I feel a more detailed understanding of the 'default position' of the universe is required before anything really draws my attention.
    However, I would go as far to say that a quantum fluctuation based multi-verse doesnt seem all that unlikely.
    (still hypothetical though)
     Reply #25 - July 27, 2010, 12:14 PM

Cool. I've had Michio Kaku's 'Hyperspace' sitting on my shelf for ages but haven't read it - I think his ideas are a little out there. If you have some spare time on your hands I recommend Brian Greene's 'The Fabric of the Cosmos' - I can pretty much guarantee you'll love it.

Reply #26 - July 27, 2010, 12:44 PM

The Butterfly Effect is a great piece of work related to this subject.
     Reply #27 - July 27, 2010, 03:44 PM

lol. it is quite hard to find good physics books for non-physicists. but I've found Brian Greene to be really good at explaining the major discoveries in theoretical physics and cosmology without resorting to complex mathematical descriptions. he also discusses advances in modern physics and the major problems theoretical physicists face today - as expected some of this stuff is naturally quite speculative and not everyone agrees with the theories put forward.

Reply #28 - July 27, 2010, 04:22 PM

lol. it is quite hard to find good physics books for non-physicists. but I've found Ashton Kutcher to be really good at explaining the major discoveries in theoretical physics and cosmology without resorting to complex mathematical descriptions. he also discusses advances in modern physics and the major problems theoretical physicists face today - as expected some of this stuff is naturally quite speculative and not everyone agrees with the theories put forward.

FTFY
     Reply #29 - July 27, 2010, 04:24 PM

^ Cheesy

Welcome, mighty_cats. Smiley
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »