Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 06:30 PM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
May 26, 2024, 04:18 PM

New Britain
May 26, 2024, 10:14 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 18, 2024, 03:04 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: An atheist from Kuwait

(Read 14160 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • An atheist from Kuwait
     OP - August 30, 2010, 01:46 PM

Howdy.

I'm a radical, fervent, hardcore, full-blown, staunch atheist from Kuwait. I stumbled upon this beautiful website a few minutes ago, so I thought I'd join.

I was raised in a conservative Muslim household in Middle East. I am actually a descendant of the prophet of Islam on my mother's side (*puke*), so you can imagine the immense amount of mumbo-jumbo nonsense I was indoctrinated into believing.

By the age of 15 (I'm 22), my functioning brain and critical thinking ability finally kicked in (I mean come on, it was about time), and a couple of months later I was fully atheist (meaningless word by the way; nobody says they're "atheist" regarding the existence of Santa Claus, Pink Unicorns, etc.).

Not only is there not a shred of evidence for the existence of any gods, much less any sky critters, but there is actually no reason to believe any exists. The concept of god is inherently inconsistent; this "god" has to account for its own existence. If theists are going to say "he's always existed", then I will say the universe has always existed, in some form or another. You see, what theists do is put this "god" into the formula to neutralize the problem of existence, but they are actually making the problem even more complicated. When they say "goddidit", they're not giving any explanation; they're throwing in a lazy answer that is merely an unsubstantiated claim. Hence, we will eventually end up with two problems instead of one: Our initial problem (existence), and now we also have to account for the existence of this god. According to Occam's razor (and common sense, really), we should always go with the simplest explanation.

With that said, and the fact that the mere notion of a wish-granting celestial entity is incredibly ludicrous, childish, and preposterous; and the fact that the universe would operate exactly as it is now if no gods existed; and the fact that serious sh** happens every day while this alleged god is kicking back and doing nothing (e.g. good people are dying in the most horrible ways, kids are raped and killed, kids are dying of hunger and AIDS); and the fact that religions are incredibly inconsistent, contradictory, and violent..I can say I'm pretty damned sure no gods exist.

Finally, I just want to say that this place looks awesome, and I hope to have a fun time here, as I'm sure I will.  Smiley

Take care y'all!
  • Re: An atheist from Kuwait
     Reply #1 - August 30, 2010, 01:51 PM

lol@sky critters

Sounds like you've done your homework, glad to see you here.  

So tell us how you found us, and if you are an open ex-muslim in Kuwait?  How have you family & friends taken it, and do you know others like you over there?

Have you visited the other other Fundamental Chrisitian, ahhmm, I mean ex-muslim website called FFI yet?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #2 - August 30, 2010, 01:52 PM

Welcome Zodiac! But what's with the all bold text?

We have another Kuwaiti atheist here but I think he's on a break or something. Haven't seen him around for a couple of weeks.

fuck you
     Reply #3 - August 30, 2010, 01:53 PM

Welcome to the fun! Smiley

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #4 - August 30, 2010, 02:00 PM

Welcome to the forum, Zodiac. hugs  Enjoy. dance

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #5 - August 30, 2010, 02:02 PM

Welcome Zodiac!!  Smiley

Reply #6 - August 30, 2010, 02:08 PM

We have another Kuwaiti atheist here but I think he's on a break or something. Haven't seen him around for a couple of weeks.

Welcome zodiac Smiley enjoy COEM!

Qman, Abood is gone indefinitely, possibly permanently Smiley

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #7 - August 30, 2010, 02:12 PM

Welcome to the forum, Zodiac.  Smiley

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #8 - August 30, 2010, 02:13 PM

lol@sky critters

Sounds like you've done your homework, glad to see you here.

Haha, thanks! Smiley

So tell us how you found us

I remember hearing about this website from a Pat Condell video a while ago (amazing guy, btw). I googled it, and it turned up.

and if you are an open ex-muslim in Kuwait?  How have you family & friends taken it, and do you know others like you over there?

I'm relatively open. My friends know, and most of 'em have no problem with it. I know about 15 Kuwaiti atheists, but I'm sure there are more.

Have you visited the other other Fundamental Chrisitian, ahhmm, I mean ex-muslim website called FFI yet?

Nope - can't say I've heard of it.
     Reply #9 - August 30, 2010, 02:14 PM

Qman, Abood is gone indefinitely, possibly permanently Smiley

How come?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #10 - August 30, 2010, 02:17 PM

Thanks! Haha, the normal font kinda hurts the eyes to read. If it's bothering you, I'll refrain from using it in the future.  Wink

Oh, hope he's doing alright. Will be glad to bump into one of his posts.
     Reply #11 - August 30, 2010, 02:17 PM

Welcome Zodiac. And here is your free parrot!  parrot

Reply #12 - August 30, 2010, 02:19 PM

How come?

Various reasons. I believe he mentioned getting his shit (i.e LIFE)  together and that means spending less time on this forum. In this case, no time.

"If intelligence is feminine... I would want that mine would, in a resolute movement, come to resemble an impious woman."
     Reply #13 - August 30, 2010, 02:19 PM

Welcome to the fun!

Thanks! Smiley
     Reply #14 - August 30, 2010, 02:20 PM

Welcome to the forum, Zodiac.  Enjoy.

Thank you kindly! I'm sure I will.   Afro
     Reply #15 - August 30, 2010, 02:21 PM

Welcome Zodiac!  Here's a bouncing jinn for ya to celibrate your
    membership here!
    ghost
    (oh, wait.. i forgot, its more powerful in "threes")

ghost ghost ghost

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #16 - August 30, 2010, 02:22 PM

I'm relatively open. My friends know, and most of 'em have no problem with it. I know about 15 Kuwaiti atheists,

15!  I'm assuming there online friends though, otherwise Kuwaiti society is more open that I thought.  Do you have Islamic laws there like Saudi e.g. death for apostates etc.

Also have you told your parents - how do they respond?

P.S  Congrats on working out how to split quotes so quickly & your English is good too Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #17 - August 30, 2010, 02:23 PM

Thanks Poopycock, Ephemeral, thinkfree, and RIBS. You guys are so kind!  Smiley
     Reply #18 - August 30, 2010, 02:26 PM

LOL @ Jinn and Tonic!! FUNNY!!  grin12
     Reply #19 - August 30, 2010, 02:31 PM

Welcome Zodiac. Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #20 - August 30, 2010, 02:34 PM

15!  I'm assuming there online friends though, otherwise Kuwaiti society is more open that I thought.  Do you have Islamic laws there like Saudi e.g. death for apostates etc.

P.S  Congrates on working out how to split quotes so quickly

Yeah, I think Kuwait is a liberal country! Relatively speaking.

Reply #21 - August 30, 2010, 02:42 PM

Welcome to the forums!

I imagine that for some people being a descendent of "the prophet of piece" is their only claim to fame and probably attach great emphasis on it.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
     Reply #22 - August 30, 2010, 02:42 PM

15!  I'm assuming there online friends though, otherwise Kuwaiti society is more open that I thought.

8 of those I know in real life; the rest are online friends.

Do you have Islamic laws there like Saudi e.g. death for apostates etc

We have a constitution that is mostly secular, but alas Islamists have had their way into it. The constitution guarantees the freedom of belief for everybody; however, you cannot express in public anything which goes against their religion or their bloated, sinister deity. All in all, it's the best you can ask for in an Arab country.

I've told them that religion isn't my cup of tea, but I didn't tell them that I'm full-blown atheist out of love for them (my father has some heart problems and I don't want to make it hard for him). They don't push religion on me, though, so it's all good.

P.S  Congrates on working out how to split quotes so quickly

Haha, thanks! Well, I've actually acquired this knowledge from surfing boards for years. pccoffee
     Reply #23 - August 30, 2010, 02:45 PM

Thanks, Cheetah!  Smiley
     Reply #24 - August 30, 2010, 02:54 PM

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks!

I imagine that for some people being a descendent of "the prophet of piece" is their only claim to fame and probably attach great emphasis on it.

Totally. In Muslim societies, being a descendent of "the prophet of peace" automatically puts an imaginary aura on the person being more "deserving" of respect simply because of an accident of birth. Go figure.  Huh?
     Reply #25 - August 30, 2010, 02:56 PM

Welcome to the forums Zodiac  Smiley

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #26 - August 30, 2010, 02:56 PM

I'm distantly related to Darwin, Worship meee!
     Reply #27 - August 30, 2010, 02:56 PM

welcome btw
     Reply #28 - August 30, 2010, 03:01 PM

Beat this, I am distantly related to Ardi!

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #29 - August 30, 2010, 03:02 PM

Ardi?
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »