Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 09:48 PM

New Britain
September 24, 2024, 10:45 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
September 15, 2024, 01:08 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello From Singapore

(Read 6433 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello From Singapore
     OP - November 09, 2010, 05:25 PM

Now where should I start.............

I became a member of this group some time back.....Ive forgotton when I actually register in this group.. I think in 2009 or 2008. I love reading the articles in here.......

Anyway who am I?
    Im 48 and Im from Singapore. Born as a muslim.... became one damn pious one too....never miss my prayers.... read my quran faithfully like a parrot....and every day save 10cents....in my piggy bank.. with the hope that one day i will make that trip to the holy land......and fulfill my duty as a true muslim.

But something happen along the way to that journey..........before i'm told not to stop.......to just move with the flow and just follow. No question to ask...there should be no doubts.......U listen and you follow....but somehow something happen to make me to stop... and look around. Suddenly I realise those people... those Kafirs as Im being told so many times are no different than me......they are just like me another human being. Why should they be any different?  

I am that pious girl....who wanted to be a good muslim so much........until one day, while sitting in the mosque, hears words that trouble her.....and she began to question those words. The more she listen, the more it make her feel so uneasy.........so eventually one faithful day, she took the courage to stand up and walk out of the mosque and never to look back. Ive never go back there anymore..........my journey has been beautiful without all the hatred ... as my model heroine Edith Cavell said before the Nazis shoot her "Humanism.....patriotism is not good enough. One must not have hatred or anger"

Malays by Definition is NOT a Muslim !!!
  • Re: Hello From Singapore
     Reply #1 - November 09, 2010, 05:33 PM

Hi NurulHuda. Welcome.  parrot

Yay, another Malay! Wink Nice sig. So true.  Afro

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
    ~ Douglas Adams
     Reply #2 - November 09, 2010, 05:34 PM

parrot signwelcome parrot
    We would like to hear what were those words that instantly changed your mind?

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #3 - November 09, 2010, 07:19 PM

Hi and welcome Smiley

What does you signature mean?

Reply #4 - November 09, 2010, 07:30 PM

Welcome NurulHuda!
     Reply #5 - November 09, 2010, 07:50 PM

Welcome to the forums  victory

Blind faith is an ironic gift to return to the Creator of human intelligence

Reply #6 - November 09, 2010, 07:53 PM

She is waking up to the fact the Muslims' claim that "All people are born Muslims" is a blatant lie.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #7 - November 09, 2010, 08:21 PM

Wow - another Malaysian exmuslim and I never thought they existed!  Have you met any exmuslims in your life?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #8 - November 09, 2010, 10:24 PM

welcome  Smiley

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #9 - November 10, 2010, 03:41 AM

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay  Wink
     Reply #10 - November 10, 2010, 08:31 AM

Welcome to the forum, NurulHuda  far away hug

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #11 - November 10, 2010, 10:50 AM

What does you signature mean?

Wow - another Malaysian exmuslim and I never thought they existed!  Have you met any exmuslims in your life?

^^^ That!!  Wink

Also, she's not a Malaysian. She's from Singapore.

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
    ~ Douglas Adams
     Reply #12 - November 10, 2010, 02:24 PM

My bad, I assumed that Malays were from Malaysia - I should have read the thread title  grin12

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #13 - November 10, 2010, 08:09 PM

hiya and welcome!!! victory
     Reply #14 - November 11, 2010, 03:28 PM

In the Malaysia constitution: All Malays are automatically a Muslim. You cannot be otherwise....if you try to leave, the religious department : JAIS will arrest you and send you to their "prison"... and there u will undergo a reeducation camp.

Singapore is a secular state....but sometime in the early 60's I think, a group of Singaporean Malays send a petition to have the same provision included in the Singapore Constitution, but it was rejected. Thank goodness for that....and we're the Malays in Singapore are able to exercise our right to our own belief. Despite all that......there's this denial syndrome.....The Malays including those in Singapore still want to belief that All Malays are Muslim. They don't want to think otherwise.

Reply #15 - November 11, 2010, 03:31 PM

are malays an ethnic group -  how do they differ from non-malays?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #16 - November 11, 2010, 03:49 PM

"We would like to hear what were those words that instantly changed your mind?"

Words like :"those kafirs........they will be burn in hell"...."The idol worshippers.....will be damn"....and there's a lot of stories about hell.........and i'm wondering "why am I hearing all these?" I have many friends....they are all idol worshipers and they are nice to me. They are very supportive of me esp with my studies while my own people condemn me....belittle me as if I'm not worth anything. I'm being told my body is "dirty" and that as a woman, man's word is more credible than the women. I spend many days listening to the Ustazah telling us [woman] why more of us will go to hell........than the man. Why is that the man is the head and not the woman. The day when she told us "..if there are 100 woman in a prayer, the prayer will not be accepted unless the man lead it...even if its by a 7yrs old boy".... that is the moment I thought "that's it......this is so ridiculous......are they telling me, this GOD allah favours man than woman?

Why this constant need to make me feel so "small".. and glorifying the man. I did not choose to be born a woman, but since I am now, it does not mean it gives you the right to put me so low.  All those years, I sat there and listen....taking in everything being fed into my head. But a mind who is always seeking for the truth will always find the truth....like any form of revolution, it came about when there's gross injustice and suppression. My change is an internal revolution because I belief change must come from within. You cannot force upon another.

Thank you for listening.

Reply #17 - November 11, 2010, 04:05 PM

"are malays an ethnic group -  how do they differ from non-malays?'

Interesting question. Malay is an ethnic group....based from my understanding they are the byproduct of the mixture of two racial group : Chinese and Indian. Malays migrated from central asia during the great migration.....moving downwards from central asia occupying the malay peninsula and cross over to the borneo islands.

There's so many talk about "who is a malay". Some scholars said : malay does not exist......malay only identify with the certain culture and language. The malay culture and tradition mostly infuse with Chinese and Hindu's custom and belief. Malays are originally before the coming of Islam are Hindus.

Interestingly the Islamization has made the malays to lost this whole sense of ethnicity that they cannot separate being a muslim and being a malay.  

In Malaysia they thought they are doing Islam a great favour, by including the provision of Malay = Muslim, they are protecting the Malays and islam. Indirectly they are creating more problem. How many of them are actually a muslim in name. I know of many malays who are hindus... in public they wear the songkok and the tudung, but in their home, in their prayer room there's the hanuman and durga.

Reply #18 - November 11, 2010, 06:09 PM

Welcome.  Smiley

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #19 - November 11, 2010, 06:16 PM

Hello Nurul!
    Lukatic, now we finally could organize a meet up, but the question, is it going to be in Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia  grin12
    Wish more people from South East Asia will join.
     Reply #20 - November 11, 2010, 07:50 PM

@NurulHuda how I wish stories like yours and many others could be told to female western apologists of Islam,who feel Islam is very liberating for women! But  signnvm they are too brain dead to see the light anyway!
    Anyway it's encouraging to note there are people who do free thinking the world over,and hopefully one day this evil cult will vanish from the face of this earth!

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #21 - November 18, 2010, 06:45 AM

Yes! we should meet. I thought safer ground will be Singapore. Malaysia is a hostile environment... not good. I'm not too familiar with Indonesia....

There are many like us.. the problem its either they are not aware, or too scared to come forward. Even in Singapore there's many apostate are still maintaining low profile. There's a lot of closet apostate. But I know the time will come that they will eventually have the courage to come forward..if we have enough support.

Who knows we may form the south east asian council of ex muslim or the council of ex muslim of SEA. Which ever way they sound awesome yes? keep focusing on this... it may materialise.  Afro

Reply #22 - November 18, 2010, 08:44 AM

Indonesia would be a good place as well, we had some gatherings of 'Indonesian Atheist" group here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=46457772416

But I'm agree that Singapore is a safer ground, it's just everything is so expensive over there, Smiley
    I would like to come back to Singapore tho, used to live there, and I really miss the Laksa   piggy
     Reply #23 - November 18, 2010, 06:17 PM

something happen to make me to stop... and look around.

thats common sense overwriting islamic data stuffed in your head  dance

welcome noor, i know the liberty you feel

anyone notice we exmuslims mention the word "hatred" often?

Islam- it's just "another" religion!
     Reply #24 - November 19, 2010, 12:38 AM

hehhee agree. Its an expensive place ...esp if you go to the tourist and town area. Try to venture out to the public housing estate.... you can take the train. Its link to all the major housing estate.

Somebody should take the lead, and since nobody is daring enough, I offer myself as the host of the inaugural meetings of the ex muslim of SEA. How about that.......any takers?

Talking about laksa.... have you tried Siglap Laksa. Typically Singapore version...

Reply #25 - November 19, 2010, 12:45 AM

Welcome to the forum, NurulHuda. victory

Nice name, btw.  Plus, I like how you think and articulate your thoughts.  Afro

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #26 - November 19, 2010, 12:47 AM

Sorry for being so late, but welcome all the same.  Smiley
     Reply #27 - November 19, 2010, 12:49 AM

@NurulHuda how I wish stories like yours and many others could be told to female western apologists of Islam,who feel Islam is very liberating for women! But  signnvm they are too brain dead to see the light anyway!

No their brain is working, but its being condition. It will take time and effort for them to be recondition. Shock therapy is one of the most effective form of reconditioning. And what we are doing is the same... to expose Islam as it is. Shock them to the maximum. You know its like watching the movie.....initially you are being shown all the beautiful scenery... suddenly you insert the image of destruction, what happen. The mind are being thrown in disarray. Its this being in disarray that brings the mind to the higher level. We must break them....like breaking the mirror image they have of themselves....break their own reflection into pieces and let them see for what they are.  

Interestingly I'm beginning to hear this "there's a possibility that the prophet did not marry Aisha when she is 6... there's research etc...." Now how is this happening? Do you want me to believe that the so called Islamic Scholars suddenly wake up one morning and decided "Aisha may not be 6 yrs old after all". NO this sudden change happen because we've hit the right target, right to the credibility of their leader himself.

Ive encountered a woman who is a victim of violent. She have been so condition that even when I told her "come hold my hand... we will walk out of here together. I will be with you and nobody will harm you" and even when the door of the house is open for her... she just have to walk out, she freeze. Her leg cannot move. I can't drag her out.. she has to make that move on her own. It must be her own choice. That is how I see things around me.

Reply #28 - November 20, 2010, 09:47 PM

hehhee agree. Its an expensive place ...esp if you go to the tourist and town area. Try to venture out to the public housing estate.... you can take the train. Its link to all the major housing estate.

Somebody should take the lead, and since nobody is daring enough, I offer myself as the host of the inaugural meetings of the ex muslim of SEA. How about that.......any takers?

Talking about laksa.... have you tried Siglap Laksa. Typically Singapore version...

You really want to host 400 of us from Indonesia?  Tongue
    On a serious note, the next time I come to Singapore I would like a meet up.

Some of my Malay friends in Singapore are atheist.... ummm...  Thinking hard actually, many of them  Smiley

Haven't tried Siglap Laksa, the one that I've tried is around the placed I used to live, in Eu Tong Sen, Holland Village and random food courts.
    Have you ever been to Spice? Near Zion Rd? I miss the Horlick Godzilla  Cry

I've stayed over at some housing estate there, Bishan, 'this area that is so near from the airport but I forgot the name' , Ang Mo Kio, there are some more places, but I can't recall all the names.

Just promise me we'll go biking to Pulau Ubin, I went there last August and really enjoyed it  dance
     Reply #29 - November 22, 2010, 01:57 AM

"You really want to host 400 of us from Indonesia?"

If there's the will there will be the way..........If I can get the support of the ex muslims community in Singapore, it will be great. After all its going to be inaugural meetings. Nevertheless even if I do not have the support of them I will still proceed. Its all about time management and planning yes?

"the next time I come to Singapore I would like a meet up ....."

Yes! we should. Its time we take this out of the net and meet in person. There's a regular bus service from KL to Singapore.......every hour and it cost only RM40/- . You need to tell me a least in advance so that i can make the necessary. Besides my work I am committed to several NGO's.

"Some of my Malay friends in Singapore are atheist.... ummm...  Thinking hard actually, many of them "

I know there are many. If you look at the latest population stats 2010... there's an increase in the numbers of malays leaving islam.... most of them are educated and middle income group. Their age group variations makes an interesting reading though....Well the malay/muslim leaders will deny this, but the facts are there, and the numbers are increasing. Low and slow it may be but eventually it will be recognizable. Its my belief that the only way for the Malays in Singapore to move up and take their place beside the Chinese and the Indians, they must move away from this spiritual slavery that has cripple them. Malays/Muslim in Singapore cannot be considered as an advance and successful race until they are able to stand beside a Christian Malay, Buddhist Malay, Hindu Malays, the atheist and the others, on one platform and loudly echo :"We are the Malays"

"Haven't tried Siglap Laksa, the one that I've tried is around the placed I used to live, in Eu Tong Sen, Holland Village and random food courts."

Then you should. We can go to Geylang.......where you can get the best Siglap Laksa.

"Have you ever been to Spice? Near Zion Rd? I miss the Horlick Godzilla"
    Nope

"this area that is so near from the airport but I forgot the name"

That will either be Tampines... Or Changi.

"Just promise me we'll go biking to Pulau Ubin, I went there last August and really enjoyed it "

Ah! Pulau Ubin yes....fantastic place. There's an outward bound school there too........

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »