Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
September 24, 2024, 10:45 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 20, 2024, 04:09 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
September 15, 2024, 01:08 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Game of Thrones

(Read 124266 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 17 18 1920 21 ... 25 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #540 - June 14, 2014, 05:47 PM

The producers of the show are hyping up the finale as the best episode they've done yet. There's going to be so many jaw dropping moments. Can't wait.  dance

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #541 - June 14, 2014, 05:56 PM

I know. One of the sixth formers at school told me that her brother has read the books and told her everything that's going to happen. But it's that good she wants to see it too.

She told em that it's going to be EPIC!!!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #542 - June 16, 2014, 10:22 AM

Edit2: SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 10, Thank you Jedi for reminding me.

Disappointed. It could have been so much better. D&D can't write good dialogue even if their life depended on it. 

They keep playing that evil-ish theme whenever Stannis is on screen. Mance and Jon were about to make a deal? Felt like the evil king coming to stomp on the poor and noble freefolk. Their hated of Stannis is becoming annoying.

Tyrion's whitewashing continues. He can do no wrong, he kills Shae in self-defense. Also, no Tysha mention.

Bran's storyline was a joke. Crappy CGI, cartoony skeletons, everything about it was bad.

Sorry for the rant. It just was so disappointing.

Edit: PS. Brienne beating the Hound was bullshit.

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #543 - June 16, 2014, 10:26 AM

Thanks for posting spoilers!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #544 - June 16, 2014, 10:29 AM

What spoilers? The episode already aired 8 hours ago.  But I edited the post anyway...
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #545 - June 16, 2014, 12:24 PM

6 hours is not long enough to assume everyone in the world has seen it.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #546 - June 16, 2014, 01:43 PM

I don't know how much strayed from the book (I know the cut out some parts in the Tyrion scenes), but I almost assumed it wouldn't be as good as everyone were trying to make it. But since my expectations were low, I was somewhat satisfied with the season finale. Now we just wait for season 5  cool2

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #547 - June 16, 2014, 01:59 PM

Edit2: SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 10, Thank you Jedi for reminding me.

Disappointed. It could have been so much better. D&D can't write good dialogue even if their life depended on it. 

They keep playing that evil-ish theme whenever Stannis is on screen. Mance and Jon were about to make a deal? Felt like the evil king coming to stomp on the poor and noble freefolk. Their hated of Stannis is becoming annoying.

Tyrion's whitewashing continues. He can do no wrong, he kills Shae in self-defense. Also, no Tysha mention.

Bran's storyline was a joke. Crappy CGI, cartoony skeletons, everything about it was bad.

Sorry for the rant. It just was so disappointing.

Edit: PS. Brienne beating the Hound was bullshit.

I have edited your post to include spoiler tags.   Smiley

Anyway I think the show is awesome, but compared to the books it's rather disappointing. 

I enjoyed the fight between Brienna and the hound, but it never happened in the book so it seemed so unecessary.

Can't believe Tysha wasn't mentioned, nor that Jamie wasn't then told about Cersei fucking Lancel behind his back.  It has robbed the story of that element of hatred and paranoia that develops between them too.  Tyrion was supposed to state in anger that he killed Joffrey. 

Also, I don't understand why Val the wildling queen isn't in it with mance's baby, so that the nutter lord of the light woman can obsess over killing it, and Gilly has to leave her own baby behind in the next season.

It was just really disappointing.

If the whole reason for excluding or changing parts of the story, is to keep actual readers on their toes, I didn't need to be kept on my toes.  Nothing is ruined by me knowing what is going to happen.  If anything it is ruined when it doesn't happen.  Not fucking improved.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #548 - June 16, 2014, 03:40 PM

Anyway I think the show is awesome, but compared to the books it's rather disappointing. 

^This
    Disappointed that the Epilogue of the Storm of Swords book was not featured especially ".....eyes never left him, She nodded," that would have been epic  

But still a great series to watch. On page 534 with the next book, A Feast for Crows, has almost taken me 2 years to get there, but will complete it soon  grin12
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #549 - June 16, 2014, 10:03 PM

Probably best not to open a Game of Thrones discussion thread before you've seen the latest episode if you don't want to see spoilers.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #550 - June 16, 2014, 10:38 PM

Not having read the books, I thought that was a brilliant episode.  I'm glad I haven't read the books yet if the series feels like a disappointment to those who have.  I think I'll wait until the whole thing is finished on the telly and then read them.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #551 - June 17, 2014, 02:11 PM

Add me to to the list of book readers who were disappointed with the finale. It just felt so rushed and the deviations to the books meant that certain scenes were meaningless and others didn't have as much potency as they did in the books. The most disappointing thing is that they could have rescued the finale with the reveal that everyone was expecting. Would have been cool to have ended the season with such a huge "holy shit" moment.

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #552 - June 17, 2014, 03:08 PM

Probably best not to open a Game of Thrones discussion thread before you've seen the latest episode if you don't want to see spoilers.

Not everyone posts spoilers thus the reason for using a particular code.

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #553 - June 17, 2014, 06:44 PM

Finished watching Game of Thrones. Both of my teaching colleagues and a sixth former asked about it today and wanted to talk about it but I told them I hadn't watched it yet. A fellow teacher did enquire about a toilet scene and I told her not to tell me. All I can say, I could've laughed and cried at the same time with what had happened.

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #554 - June 18, 2014, 12:49 AM

Add me to to the list of book readers who were disappointed with the finale. It just felt so rushed and the deviations to the books meant that certain scenes were meaningless and others didn't have as much potency as they did in the books. The most disappointing thing is that they could have rescued the finale with the reveal that everyone was expecting. Would have been cool to have ended the season with such a huge "holy shit" moment.

I don't understand why they are only doing 10 episode seasons. It's weird that the show with perhaps the most convoluted plot and multiple character arcs has one of the shortest season length of any prime time show. This last season especially would have benefited from a couple of extra episodes.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #555 - June 18, 2014, 03:46 AM

It needs more episodes.

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #556 - June 21, 2014, 01:28 AM

I loved this season, though I'm a book reader (but only on Book 1, but have read ahead on forums & the AWOIAF wiki almost all spoilers up to the pre-released chapters of Book 6. I love spoilers  grin12).

That said, there were 2 highly disappointing aspects about this season.

Spoiler from Episode 403:
    (1) In episode 3, Jaime rapes Cersei, a scene that was not a rape in the book. In the show, they have converted several non-rape scenes into rape scenes, i.e. Danaerys & Khal scenes among them. And then, the show's director & show runners went around saying it was not really rape. This is, of course, bullshit. There is such a thing as date rape, marital/spousal rape; in fact most women who are raped are raped by men they know, not strangers. So, this aspect made me lose some respect for the show as a whole.

Spoiler from Episode 410 & the books:
    (2)Lady Stoneheart. WTF... where is she? Why would the show runners completely write her out? Has she been written out? Because yes, her appearance would have made for an immense season ending cliffhanger. What a wasted opportunity. 

All that said, I still love the show, and the books, and will continue with both.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #557 - June 21, 2014, 09:02 AM

^^^
    Everything you said pretty much is how I feel about this season. There seemed to be quite a few basic misjudgements about the material and considering this book is considered one of the better ones out the series, it's not looking too great for the following seasons.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
     Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
     Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
     Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God." - Epicurus
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #558 - June 21, 2014, 09:44 AM

The majority of the shows in S4 were written by David Benioff & D. B. Weiss and G.R.R.Martin is a producer on the show too so it's . The t.v. show need not follow the book at every page, it must be difficult managing so many plots and characters as has done in the books and then translating that to the small screen. No doubt that the book lovers may be dissapointed somewhat but then you'll always have your books. A lot of artistic license can be taken when adapting a book to other mediums and so they should so long as it is consistent with character and narrative within the show. The only gripe I have with season 4 is the bland storyline that the Mother of Dragons has. I'm tired of the waiting game.

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #559 - June 21, 2014, 09:58 AM

I'm not complaining about changes, if they're good. What I dislike is when the changes are illogical, poorly written, and just laughably bad; and when the characters are poorly adapted on to the screen and their complexity (and agency) removed.
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #560 - June 23, 2014, 01:57 PM

For the ones who are curios about the dragons  Tongue

http://www.pixomondo.com/how-the-game-of-thrones-dragons-are-made-video/
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #561 - July 27, 2014, 12:07 AM

Season 4 Bloopers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-7Fs9HJvs0

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #562 - July 27, 2014, 02:11 AM

I liked: "I'm Khaleesi, not a queen. Fuck's sake, mate."
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #563 - July 27, 2014, 02:21 AM

IMO the two most evenly matched fights shown on Game of Thrones.

Stark vs Lannister

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L8ByreRfUo

Brienne vs the Hound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAH8CO5y8As

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #564 - July 27, 2014, 07:21 AM

Just had a look for a post of Descent's, can't find it. It was a comment that the dragons wouldn't be able to fly because of physics, and that the ice wall is, again, too big and physics get in the way.

So, here's some thoughts on making it all sciencey. I think we can all happily say it's a different planet. What if the people, that look remarkably like humans of Earth, are in fact like a millimetre tall? That right there would fix some physics complaints. Wink

Another idea, the water is different on that planet than it is on Earth, though what that difference would be I couldn't say.

Dragons. Now, providing that the people of that planet aren't in fact a millimetre tall, making the most ginormous dragon you could ever dream of about an inch from tail to snout, what about this:

Let's say the bones are hollow, like a bird. It has unique organs that are specifically used to hold gas, internal bladders. Maybe the lungs but I don't know how that would work (any biologists want to chip in?). Why not fill the internal bladders (or whatever) with hydrogen and methane? Both not only lighter than air and giving a lift to get off the ground, but also combustible which of course directly relates to the ability to breath fire. Now, let's keep in mind that dragon lairs are usually rocky. Mountains, caves. As well as being a good defence and perfect places for a flying creature, what if dragons choose places that have platinum? It would fit with why dragons inhabit these places. Crunching and swallowing the platinum found in the rocks. Perfect catalyst for igniting the gas reverses to produce fire. Platinum, hydrogen and oxygen. Boom. The gas would also give the lift to allow dragons to stalk prey silently, or near enough.

Now obviously the internal bladders would double up as both the means to fly and breath fire, so the more fire it used the less able to fly. It would actually make sense if we're to consider dragon slayers. If the gas reserves are low flying away isn't an option and fire breathing isn't much of a worry.

So yeah, just a random thought. The bacteria inside the dragon's gut produces hydrogen. The hydrogen produced in the gut is then transferred into the internal bladders, and dragons instinctively establish territory in areas which have rocks rich in platinum.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #565 - July 27, 2014, 09:13 AM

I'm not complaining about changes, if they're good. What I dislike is when the changes are illogical, poorly written, and just laughably bad; and when the characters are poorly adapted on to the screen and their complexity (and agency) removed.

But, you're comparing two different mediums here D. Within the context of TV GoT universe what is illogical? GoT can be criticised for a lot of things but poorly written and laughably bad.  I love GoT and read the reviews from IGN/Den of Geek and watch the reviews from YTube as well as talking to colleagues and students who have read the books and not one has said any of the things that you have.

Granted, if you've read the book then the in-book universe, given the great liberties you can take with a book, will be somewhat different to what you see on-screen. I've seen this before with Stephen King adaptations and those of the Marvel universe. GoT has remained faithful to the book save for S4 if the reviews are anything to go by, which is understandable. Regardless, GoT is one of the best shows out there if not the best. It's almost surpassing LOST, BSG, SG:Atlantis and Firefly.

Spoiler (potentially):

Anyway, I've read that some of the elements that were supposed to be in Season 4 ending will be in Season 5 e.g. the appearance of a certain cahracter that was though to be (I've said to much)

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #566 - March 26, 2015, 11:08 PM

Almost time for the next series. Smiley

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #567 - March 27, 2015, 03:00 AM

I used to love the Game of Thrones show. Now that I've almost finished reading the books the show pales in comparison.

A Song of Ice and Fire books should be taught in literature classes in universities.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Game of Thrones
     Reply #568 - March 27, 2015, 11:48 AM

I've deliberately avoided the books solely for that reason. I'm planning on reading them once the show ends.

• Game of Thrones
     Reply #569 - March 27, 2015, 04:49 PM

A Song of Ice and Fire books should be taught in literature classes in universities.

Great series, but this would be a little bit too much. 
  • Previous page 1 ... 17 18 1920 21 ... 25 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »