Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:32 AM

New Britain
September 24, 2024, 10:45 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
September 15, 2024, 01:08 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The heart of the EDL army is online, not on the streets

(Read 53556 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 13 14 1516 17 ... 20 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The heart of the EDL army is online, not on the streets
     Reply #420 - November 08, 2011, 08:41 PM

"pressure, atmospherics and dynamics"

I love physics.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #421 - November 08, 2011, 08:58 PM

I didn't see this as I was typing, sorry. Was your ex-partner using mediation/arbitration, or was the other parent in this equation being a dick and claiming Islamic precedent?

She had years of misery caused by a recalcitrant husband who she hadn't even been married to in common law. She thought she was, and even after she was 'free' she was chained by the experience. I witnessed the aftermath and it isn't good.

I'll say this - everything which is discussed in the abstract doesn't do justice to the kind of power that family expectations allied to emotional blackmailing about religious duty does to young people. In real life situations women (and men) are placed in situations in which the people they trust to look out for their welfare let them down and leave them without protection.

My ex partner didn't have it as bad as an acquaintance of hers, who ended up in a polygamous situation because the man she was railroaded into marrying took another wife against her will, and without any legal recourse because her nikah was not accompanied by a registry marriage.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #422 - November 09, 2011, 12:03 AM

Billy, I have followed your arguments in the last few pages and although I disagree with you re EDL, I have to give you full respect for most of what you say.

Cheers, Arthur.
     Reply #423 - November 09, 2011, 12:11 AM

I only want your respect on the day that you denounce the EDL, arthur.

On that day I'll respect you too for realising the futility of their reckless rage.

God is Love.

Reply #424 - November 09, 2011, 12:17 AM

I support the EDL

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #425 - November 09, 2011, 12:20 AM

The electrons are starting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCxMPzmp1B4&feature=relmfu

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #426 - November 09, 2011, 12:58 AM

I respect the EDL's fashion sense.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #427 - November 09, 2011, 07:01 AM

^@Posthuman. Sorry for the delay in replying to this:

Quote from: post human
    You implied the Turks are mostly from the Turkic hordes, I asked you to prove they were.

My view has long been that the modern population of Turkish is to a large degree descended, non-Y-chromosomally at least, from the ancient pre-Turkish, pre-Islamic population.

In this CONTEXT the word native applies because you are saying an outside superior force made the term emerge.

What, even though the modern Turkish population is not being "oppressed" by a force of RECENT invaders/occupiers?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #428 - November 09, 2011, 07:05 AM

Quote from: [quote author="billy"
    I only want your respect on the day that you denounce the EDL, arthur.

On that day I'll respect you too for realising the futility of their reckless rage.

What should the EDL be denounced FOR exactly?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #429 - November 09, 2011, 07:25 AM

Quote from: David
    She is a very secular, non-conformist , 'cultural Muslim'. She's not clinging to anything, and there is no chance of any bungee-twanging. I would consider her technically an apostate. she considers herself a Muslim. Who cares?

This IS a crucial issue. It is important that Islam-ignorant non-Muslims understand that people like your friend do NOT represent the REAL Islam, even though they may insist that they do i.e. one "version" of Islam does NOT equally warrant the appellation as another. It is PARTICULARLY important with respect to "spiritual seeker" non-Muslims who may form a positive view of Islam from the "Islam" of such as your friend, decide it is an "easy going" tolerant creed and on that basis assume a "Muslim" identity. For the same reason certain self-deluding Sufi sects who may "metaphorically" interpret the Qur'an could give the impression to non-Muslims that Islam is not unlike buddhism and should therefore be challenged.

We're going out for a drink tomorrow. That's what matters.
    Dim problem.

Let us suppose, David, that ALL "Muslims" in your country were like your friend. If this situation could be expected to last indefinitely there would not be a problem. However, we see time and time again from around the world how a core "Muslim" identity can turn into full-blown Islam overnight through simple exposure to knowledgable true Muslims. The population of Indonesia, which to a large extent was persuaded to assume a "Muslim" identity by "laid back" "non-literalist" Sufi missionaries, is a graphic example of this. Indeed, the only way this sort of development could conceivably avoided would be a degree of information suppression - totally impractical anyway - that everybody here would find unacceptable.

Reply #430 - November 09, 2011, 12:26 PM

What should the EDL be denounced FOR exactly?

You make a list and I'll tell you if you're close.

God is Love.

Reply #431 - November 09, 2011, 12:45 PM

However, we see time and time again from around the world how a core "Muslim" identity can turn into full-blown Islam overnight through simple exposure to knowledgable true Muslims. The population of Indonesia, which to a large extent was persuaded to assume a "Muslim" identity by "laid back" "non-literalist" Sufi missionaries, is a graphic example of this.

They'll grow out of it, DH, in Indonesia and elsewhere. The trouble is, I'll be dead by then. That, selfishly, is what pisses me off. Oh, and the unnecessary suffering that will be caused in the meantime.

But this site (which you so decry) has opened my eyes to the inherent design flaws of Islam. It can't last in its present form, and if it's to last at all it will have to change for the better.

Reply #432 - November 09, 2011, 03:24 PM

Some breaking news,
    http://casualsunited.wordpress.com/2011/11/09/breaking-news-edl-on-the-roof-of-fifa-hq-in-zurich/

Arthur
     Reply #433 - November 09, 2011, 03:28 PM

Wow, that bandwagon travelled quickly to Switzerland  Wink

The British Legion have said they're happy with what the FA has done and that the poppy doesn't need to be on the shirt

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/about-us/media-centre/news/remembrance/the-royal-british-legion-on-fifa-poppy-ban

The EDL is making good comedy now.

God is Love.

Reply #434 - November 09, 2011, 03:37 PM

It's an insult not to allow our national team to wear a poppy, so we've done something about it.

Arthur.
     Reply #435 - November 09, 2011, 03:57 PM

I'd say the British Legion who are the poppy appeal should be setting the agenda on this one mate, not a bunch of football hooligans masquerading as nationalist vigilantes.

God is Love.

Reply #436 - November 09, 2011, 05:04 PM

Well I say good on them making a stand, we'll have to disagree on this then.

Arthur.
     Reply #437 - November 09, 2011, 11:33 PM

Arthur old boy, why after 90 years of the Poppy Appeal do we suddenly need poppies on football shirts?

Most of the Great War veterans are dead now. Were we insulting them by not sewing poppies onto the shirts of Charlton and Moore?
     Reply #438 - November 10, 2011, 12:35 AM

All this talk about Poppies, Remembrance day and Football reminds me of Celtic Park  Smiley

Reply #439 - November 10, 2011, 12:36 AM

Good old Celtic with their IRA songs.

God is Love.

Reply #440 - November 10, 2011, 12:36 AM

Well I say good on them making a stand jumping on the bandwagon

God is Love.

Reply #441 - November 10, 2011, 07:24 AM

This is the best video I've seen about Muslims/EDL/Poppy burning shitstorm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsUY2zgOjjA

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #442 - November 10, 2011, 07:40 AM

One of thousands of Muslim graves in France from WW1, desecrated by racists.

The EDL forget that the poppy is in memory of everyone, including Muslims - thousands of Muslims died so that the EDL can have the freedom to do this:

Before anyone makes excuses that they are just idiots, a minority who don't represent the EDL, fuck off - Your entire existance is based on hatred of Muslims due to a minority of THEM.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #443 - November 10, 2011, 05:16 PM

Quote from: David
    They'll grow out of it, DH, in Indonesia and elsewhere.

Is this based on an analysis of past and present trends or just blind optimisim?

Reply #444 - November 10, 2011, 05:45 PM

Quote from: posthuman
    All Muslims know that 5 times prayer is an obligation.

In other words ALL Muslims do NOT subscribe to a "non-literal" definition of "pray" and understand it as:

In other words ALL people with a Muslim identity are "literalists" in their undestanding of the Islamic prayer requirement.

Most Muslims don't do it 5 times a day.

First of all, on what do you base this statement? If true, it still leaves the possibility that most people with a "Muslim" identity pray 1-4 times a day. Again this does not involve a "non-literal" interpretation of the Qur'anic command to prayer.

If most have trouble with something as basic as that, I don't think you need to worry about a literalist majority.

By your own admission above, ALL Muslims subscribe to a LITERAL understanding of "prayer" and are therefore "literalists". If most don't do the full five it may be due to factors beyond their control like the lack of workplace provision of prayer time.

Most Muslims do eid prayer, never are there more people in mosques than in eid prayers, one of the few NON-OBLIGATORY prayers.

That appears to be DEBATABLE to say the least. On what do you base your OPINION?

Reply #445 - November 10, 2011, 05:47 PM

One of thousands of Muslim graves in France from WW1, desecrated by racists.

(Clicky for piccy!)

The EDL forget that the poppy is in memory of everyone, including Muslims - thousands of Muslims died so that the EDL can have the freedom to do this:

(Clicky for piccy!)

(Clicky for piccy!)

(Clicky for piccy!)

(Clicky for piccy!)

Before anyone makes excuses that they are just idiots, a minority who don't represent the EDL, fuck off - Your entire existance is based on hatred of Muslims due to a minority of THEM.

Aren't you condemning a whole group by the actions of a small "unrepresentative minority" - something I am sure you would be the first to warn us against with respect to the members of Islam?

Reply #446 - November 10, 2011, 05:58 PM

^@Posthuman. Sorry for the delay in replying to this:

My view has long been that the modern population of Turkish is to a large degree descended, non-Y-chromosomally at least, from the ancient pre-Turkish, pre-Islamic population.

What, even though the modern Turkish population is not being "oppressed" by a force of RECENT invaders/occupiers?

Well why bring Turkey up then?

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #447 - November 10, 2011, 06:04 PM

In other words ALL people with a Muslim identity are "literalists" in their undestanding of the Islamic prayer requirement.

No, I deliberately chose prayer because that is definitly something literally interpreted.

It's not even a matter of literalism. Muslims don't eat pork, but they're allowed to if pork is all there is. That's a contextual rule.

Killing yourself is literally banned in the Qur'an, would you agree that a literal interpretation of this means suicide bombing is anti-Islamic?

There's a hadeeth in Bukhari that says Muhammad forbade using fire as a weapon, as this is God's punishment not ours.

Would a literal interpretation of this mean almost all forms of modern warfare are anti-Islamic?

Simple thinking like yours doesn't really help.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #448 - November 10, 2011, 06:07 PM

@Posthuman. Because it was overrun by Turkish invaders from outside the landmass just like North America was overrun by European invaders from outside North America, something you appeared to believe had a bearing on the appropriateness of using the word "native" with respect to the indigenous population of Europe.

Reply #449 - November 10, 2011, 06:10 PM

That appears to be DEBATABLE to say the least. On what do you base your OPINION?

Going to mosques for 20 years. whistling2

Aren't you condemning a whole group by the actions of a small "unrepresentative minority" - something I am sure you would be the first to warn us against with respect to the members of Islam?

Did you read the last part? The EDL are hypocrites for this very reason. Using your logic: Nazi:EDL:Right Wing = Militant Islam:Islamist:Muslims

I have the same hatred for for Nazis and terrorist sympathizers, the same disgust with Islamists and the EDL and I judge each right wing (or conservative) or Muslim (practising) on their individual merit.

I despise the

Before Jesus was, I AM.
  • Previous page 1 ... 13 14 1516 17 ... 20 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »