Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 06:30 PM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
May 26, 2024, 04:18 PM

New Britain
May 26, 2024, 10:14 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 18, 2024, 03:04 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Have you been to Ummah.com ?

(Read 115741 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 11 12 1314 15 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Have you been to Ummah.com ?
     Reply #360 - August 16, 2015, 06:57 PM

Hi a girl with doubts.

There is nothing wrong with doubts.

I literally just posted this on my Facebook Time line:

Doubt is essential to discovery. If you never doubt prevailing wisdom, all you can do is confirm it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbBPdqXCQl8

Please do add me on Facebook if you are on there Smiley

btw I was on ummah.com a long time. I was the user "Peace", I lost my faith eventually, but now identify as an Agnostic Muslim.

My story is here if you are interested. Oh and welcome to the forum - the guys and gals here are a lovely lot Smiley

https://abooali.wordpress.com/

Smiley

Thank you for the warm welcome Smiley. I have deactivated Facebook for the time being due to personal reasons but will do so once I am back.
     Reply #361 - August 16, 2015, 06:58 PM

It's fine to start a topic, it's just that introductions are a time honoured CEMB tradition. Gives us an understanding of you and let's you tell us where you're coming from. Smiley

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #362 - August 16, 2015, 07:25 PM

AND we get to hand out parrots! Seriously they are all over my joint now so I really need to unload a LOT of them lipsrsealed

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #363 - September 12, 2015, 08:41 AM

So today someone posted a thread called Why do so many christians and non muslims rape? Someone posted rape statistics and every single ummah member so far has missed this bit.

During the first half of 2013, more than 1,000 Swedish women reported being raped by Muslim immigrants in the Stockholm; over 300 of those were under the age of 15.

First comment:

It's because they are godless, immoral kaffirs who are no better then cattle. This is the result of forgetting Allah and not being guided. They think no one is watching them and they are free to rape and plunder about. Kind of reminds of the extreme animalistic nature of Anglo-Saxons and their love for all things violence. Sick bunch of people I must say.

Not sure why Anglo-Saxons are singled out. Apparently Brits love all things violent as well as tea. Violent tea. Fighting tea.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #364 - September 12, 2015, 09:34 AM

These people are delusional to the core. I'm glad that some of the other users are standing up to them and speaking the truth. Rape is far less likely to be reported in most Muslim countries.
     Reply #365 - September 12, 2015, 09:42 AM

Look what I found on this thread:
    Here's a thought. Just stop thinking altogether. It'll help. A lot.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?451189-WARNING-Please-do-not-open-if-you-are-low-in-iman-or-are-not-knowledgeable-of-Islam
     Reply #366 - September 12, 2015, 10:38 AM

I tell you there trolls there.
     Reply #367 - September 12, 2015, 10:58 AM

I tell you there trolls there.

right......... right Hassan Radwan right .,   As if there are NO trolls here and as if you & ilks like you  are not trolls........

You tried to troll that forum didn't you??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #368 - September 12, 2015, 11:10 AM

Nope. I was always me.

But there folks there who pretend to be rabid jihadists but are not even Muslims. I was on there a long time and got to know some characters there well. Their Islam was a strange caricature of the most mad ffi type stereotype, but when I challenged them on real knowledge of Islam they knew next to nothing and gave away lots of tell tale signs they were not Muslims.

I was reminded of this recently when I read about this guy. I bet he had an ummah.com account:

US man 'posed as Australian jihadist and plotted 9/11 bomb' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34226014
     Reply #369 - September 12, 2015, 11:24 AM

Nope. I was always me.

Cheesy   really .. all right I trust you this time..   only this time...

But there folks there who pretend to be rabid jihadists but are not even Muslims. ...........

US man 'posed as Australian jihadist and plotted 9/11 bomb' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34226014

THAT IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM SINCE THE END OF THE COLD WAR...  

Muslim folks who are loyal to humanity(NOT ALLAH/GOD) MUST KEEP AN EYE ON SUCH SCOUNDRELS.......

Reply #370 - September 12, 2015, 11:46 AM

I was reminded of this recently when I read about this guy. I bet he had an ummah.com account:

Stupid fucking Idiot....  juice is leaking all over ....  well my problem is NOT with fools like that  but   heading in the news like this one

Reply #371 - September 12, 2015, 01:07 PM

Ummah is bad enough you can't tell the trolls from the true believers. Assuming they really are trolls.

Reply #372 - September 12, 2015, 04:06 PM

I know Pamella Geller used to follow ummah.com forum as she posted one of my threads criticising shari'a law back in 2002 on a website called 'little green football's

It seems it is a major source of Islam in their view and I have no doubt many were playing the rabid fundamentalist. In fact I know of one way back then who pretended to convert.
     Reply #373 - September 13, 2015, 06:37 PM

Nope. I was always me.

But there folks there who pretend to be rabid jihadists but are not even Muslims. I was on there a long time and got to know some characters there well. Their Islam was a strange caricature of the most mad ffi type stereotype, but when I challenged them on real knowledge of Islam they knew next to nothing and gave away lots of tell tale signs they were not Muslims.

US man 'posed as Australian jihadist and plotted 9/11 bomb' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-3422601

Most people don't know much about their religions, know only what they hear from their parents, who themselves don't know much either, or, what they hear in mosques, churches etc. Only scholars or clergy read the scriptures - repeating without understanding.

वासुदैव कुटुम्बकम्
    Entire World is One Family
    سارا سنسار ايک پريوار ہے
     Reply #374 - September 13, 2015, 06:52 PM

Most people don't know much about their religions, know only what they hear from their parents, who themselves don't know much either, or, what they hear in mosques, churches etc. Only scholars or clergy read the scriptures - repeating without understanding.

What does it mean to understand the texts? To know what the words mean? to know what the authors meant? to know the geopolitical social and economic climate in which they were written, and to understand them in the light of that?

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #375 - September 17, 2015, 04:33 PM

True, but I am still pretty confident a few of those I came across were not Muslims. In fact I said way back then that there were some people trolling like this, egging other literalists on and beating up on the more moderate and Sufi types. I often sensed some were purposely singling me out for attack because I was a moderate voice:

From the above article it is clear that such people do exist and they pose as hardline Jihadists to smear moderates - - as this quote from the guy shows:

https://www.byline.com/column/8/article/368

"In online conversations, Goldberg (posting as himself -ed.) said:"

"I wanna smear Amnesty and Mariam Veiszadeh…Amnesty is already in hot water over their links to CAGE, I wanna cement their jihadist connections and ruin their reputation. And Mariam is a Muslim whore, so smearing her as a jihadist should be easy."
     Reply #376 - September 17, 2015, 05:46 PM

True, but I am still pretty confident a few of those I came across were not Muslims. In fact I said way back then that there were some people trolling like this, egging other literalists on and beating up on the more moderate and Sufi types. I often sensed some were purposely singling me out for attack because I was a moderate voice:

Some of the trolls posing as Muslims were quite blatant yet I would not be surprised if there were others who were better at masking the fact that they weren't Muslims. They would often have very extreme views.
     Reply #377 - September 20, 2015, 06:19 PM

This thread makes me sad.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?441654-sister-is-crying-so-much

Reply #378 - September 22, 2015, 05:11 AM

It is sad, I still get these fears every now and then and don't know if they'll ever go away. A Muslim friend said that she doesn't want to risk it just in case Hell and Judgement Day are real. When these thinks have been embedded into people's minds from when they were children, they're bound to stick.

This woman echoes many of the doubts I had
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?452309-Issues-with-female-inferiority-in-Islam
     Reply #379 - September 22, 2015, 05:22 AM

It is sad, I still get these fears every now and then and don't know if they'll ever go away. A Muslim friend said that she doesn't want to risk it just in case Hell and Judgement Day are real. When these thinks have been embedded into people's minds from when they were children, they're bound to stick.

This woman echoes many of the doubts I had
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?452309-Issues-with-female-inferiority-in-Islam

If it helps you feel any better, yes, they will go away. Smiley The reason thought patterns persist after the thing that initially caused them is gone is because of something called "neural pathways." Basically, when you have to deal with the same thing over and over again, your brain creates a shortcut so that it doesn't have to work so hard to do the thing. That's why you can (probably) type without looking at the keyboard, your brain has formed shortcuts so it doesn't have to figure out where each key is each time.

But there are tons of those pathways connecting stuff that you don't even think are connected, like maybe smelling vanilla makes you angry and you don't even remember why (that's a bizarre one, I don't expect that to be true of you, but I'm just giving an example). Like, for me, seeing people wearing makeup made me not respect them for a long time, because of what happened when I was a kid (basically my mom caught me putting on her makeup when I was like 8, and threw every single piece of her makeup at me screaming that I was a whore and a slut--it's a whole other story). And there are tons of things that have been connected in your brain to religion, because religion permeated the entirety of your life and how you saw the world for so long.

So now, those pathways are being overwritten, and you're making new pathways, but in the meantime, you're going to stumble on a lot of weird shortcuts to religion-based fear in your brain (and you probably won't even know what is triggering it a lot of the time).

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #380 - September 22, 2015, 06:01 AM

True, but I am still pretty confident a few of those I came across were not Muslims. In fact I said way back then that there were some people trolling like this, egging other literalists on and beating up on the more moderate and Sufi types.   I often sensed some were purposely singling me out for attack because I was a moderate voice:

From the above article it is clear that such people do exist and they pose as hardline Jihadists to smear moderates - - as this quote from the guy shows:

https://www.byline.com/column/8/article/368

"In online conversations, Goldberg (posting as himself -ed.) said:"

"I wanna smear Amnesty and Mariam Veiszadeh…Amnesty is already in hot water over their links to CAGE, I wanna cement their jihadist connections and ruin their reputation. And Mariam is a Muslim whore, so smearing her as a jihadist should be easy."

Yaap   .............And Mariam is a Muslim whore, ........... but..but... readers must note that nowadays these words are common
    "but I am still pretty confident a few of those I came across were not Muslims".

Those words ring in my ears and are quite common in Islam and  often used in Islam. One classic case is Islamic  preacher  from Pakistan Javed Ahmad Ghamidi that you see here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-4QjXoZW5o

he was called as Non-Muslim/Not Muslim enough/ Muslim heretic by By Muslims as well as Non-Muslims.  In fact  Ghamidi and his team member Dr. Khalid Zaheer  debated with Ali Sina at  FFI ..  and there Ali Sina called him .. "that Ghamidi   is NOT Muslim enough "  Cheesy

On that note let me also put this news  link here http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/15/islam-pakistan-barelvi-saudi-wahhabi   Incidentally it is also used in other major religions  but nowadays it is more common in Islam.

I know here Hassan is using those words  for specific group of people WHO HATE ISLAM(Islamophobe) or to Scoundrels who hate nominal Muslims because they use scarf or they go to Mosque..etc..etc and and  these  specific group of people  also  act as Muslim trolls on internet to shut/drown  the voices of people like Hassan...

but but those words are quite common in religious circles  especially from world major religious followers.  I hear this all the time

........."one Muslim saying to other Muslims   "you are NOT Muslim enough" or not even a Muslim......."

......."one Christian  saying to other Christian  " you are NOT Christian enough" or not even a Christian......."

.........."one  hindu  saying to other hindu   "you are NOT hindu enough" or not even a hindu......."

that is Quite common.  But  In Islam it is a serious game and creates   a serious problem  to define .,  "...........Who is a Muslim and who is NOT a Muslim   and who has the authority   to  define a Person as a Muslim or a non-Muslim............"

At the end again I want to stress here "Hassan Radwan was talking about people like   this guy   A serial Faker Neo-Nazi, radical feminist and violent jihadist - all at once

Reply #381 - September 22, 2015, 11:35 AM

Worst haircut EVER!!
     Reply #382 - September 22, 2015, 02:45 PM

If it helps you feel any better, yes, they will go away. Smiley The reason thought patterns persist after the thing that initially caused them is gone is because of something called "neural pathways." Basically, when you have to deal with the same thing over and over again, your brain creates a shortcut so that it doesn't have to work so hard to do the thing. That's why you can (probably) type without looking at the keyboard, your brain has formed shortcuts so it doesn't have to figure out where each key is each time.

But there are tons of those pathways connecting stuff that you don't even think are connected, like maybe smelling vanilla makes you angry and you don't even remember why (that's a bizarre one, I don't expect that to be true of you, but I'm just giving an example). Like, for me, seeing people wearing makeup made me not respect them for a long time, because of what happened when I was a kid (basically my mom caught me putting on her makeup when I was like 8, and threw every single piece of her makeup at me screaming that I was a whore and a slut--it's a whole other story). And there are tons of things that have been connected in your brain to religion, because religion permeated the entirety of your life and how you saw the world for so long.

So now, those pathways are being overwritten, and you're making new pathways, but in the meantime, you're going to stumble on a lot of weird shortcuts to religion-based fear in your brain (and you probably won't even know what is triggering it a lot of the time).

All of these threats of Hell are a very efficient way of controlling people. It would be nice onc the Hell paranoia passes.
     Reply #383 - September 22, 2015, 03:10 PM

This post made my day, well done first wife!

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?450468-Dealing-with-unfair-rules-on-dicorce-and-polygamy-in-Kufr-country
     Reply #384 - September 22, 2015, 06:11 PM

And she showed the court documents of my nikah with second wife and she had filmed when I refused her to go outside because she was running to the authorities and the court said I was an oppressor and not good father

eusa_boohoo

Reply #385 - September 22, 2015, 06:15 PM

Cheesy
     Reply #386 - September 22, 2015, 06:20 PM

This is the best thing I've read in a long time Grin

She's a badass, btw. Most women would suffer as victims in silence.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #387 - September 22, 2015, 06:31 PM

That she is! Glad she did not try the Shariah courts either.
     Reply #388 - September 22, 2015, 09:35 PM

That is kidnapping, where I am from.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #389 - September 22, 2015, 11:36 PM

Yeah, it is kidnapping/false imprisonment, detaining someone against their will and prohibiting them from leaving a place. And even if she accepted Islam/had said that she was ok with her husband telling her what to do and where she could and couldn't go earlier in the marriage, it's still kidnapping and it's still wrong.

• Previous page 1 ... 11 12 1314 15 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »