Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

France Muslims were in d...
Yesterday at 07:45 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 04:36 PM

What happens in these day...
by akay
June 08, 2024, 12:12 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
June 07, 2024, 11:14 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
June 07, 2024, 12:47 PM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 07:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 08:08 AM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 06:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 07:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 12:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 09:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 03:23 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: split from cat stevens thread

(Read 5969 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • split from cat stevens thread
     Reply #30 - April 29, 2014, 03:06 PM

you pick at the poster instead

I can't imagine what you are talking about, except for me telling you that your sources have often been wrong and that you should select other ones. This is not a personal attack, even if you feel like it is.
     Reply #31 - April 29, 2014, 07:34 PM

I'm not an athiests so i still hold many beliefs that many here won't agree with, you all seem to be athiest..  I don't mind debates, i enjoy them very much, i have had critisism from many on here, i dont care,  but you are the only one whos made it personal, go read over your posts again, unlike the others you don't debate whether this or that theory is wrong etc, you pick at the poster instead, well you have with me anyway, it's very arrogant..

To be fair, I can't recall seeing this happen anywhere. Perhaps you could link to examples.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #32 - April 29, 2014, 11:44 PM

^
    Hang in there sister Suki far away hug

Re: Mos Def, interestingly enough he played the part of 'Brother John' a bible propagating born again Christian in the often nihilistic and at times athiest themed TV series 'Dexter'.

Reply #33 - April 29, 2014, 11:51 PM

^
    Hang in there sister Suki far away hug

Does this mean you think I've been unfair to her, too? If someone could please show me how I have been attacking her and ridiculing her, I'd really appreciate it.
     Reply #34 - April 30, 2014, 12:37 AM

Does this mean you think I've been unfair to her, .................

Hi lua.,  if I say "lua  is good and straight forward "., does that mean "lua husband is bad  and cunning??"

Incidentally what you said here is right thing to do.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #35 - April 30, 2014, 12:46 AM

^ I'd hope not! Grin I don't want to be worried about the implications if he gets too many compliments...

Reply #36 - April 30, 2014, 01:00 AM

:O lua's at it again.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #37 - April 30, 2014, 01:03 AM

^ Advising people to check their sources when the sources are hoaxes? I've never stopped!

I knew I could count on you, Qtain. Cheesy
     Reply #38 - April 30, 2014, 01:09 AM

Yeah I know what you mean haha. So anyways, I've had an eventful day today... I just came home after a quick trip to the Bermuda Triangle.

Reply #39 - April 30, 2014, 01:12 AM

I'm sorry you had to come that close to Florida.
     Reply #40 - April 30, 2014, 01:16 AM

Thanks, I'm bored.

Reply #41 - April 30, 2014, 01:33 AM

Thanks, I'm bored.  

well then watch this lecture Qtian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mfdDyhrLUU
    and show it to cat stevens ., it is  almost 2hrs...,  that is Prof. John Henrik Clarke (born John Henry Clark, January 1, 1915 – July 16, 1998),
    John Henrik Clarke  was a Pan-Africanist American writer, historian, professor, and a pioneer in the creation of Africana studies and professional institutions in academia starting in the late 1960s.

He was Professor of African World History and in 1969 founding chairman of the Department of Black and Puerto Rican Studies at Hunter College of the City University of New York. He also was the Carter G. Woodson Distinguished Visiting Professor of African History at Cornell University’s Africana Studies and Research Center. In 1968 along with the Black Caucus of the African Studies Association, Clarke founded the African Heritage Studies Association

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #42 - April 30, 2014, 01:46 AM

Yeezevee, do you know of any articles/books which examine taqiyyah & tawriya?
    There is too much misinformation about them online, I am working on creating an unbiased representation of what they actually entail.

I have compiled a few works so far, but they aren't exhaustive and I could do with some more information for cross referencing purposes.

Thanks.

Reply #43 - April 30, 2014, 01:52 AM

Listening to a 37 hour audiobook on the history of western philosophy.

Reply #44 - April 30, 2014, 10:05 AM

Does this mean you think I've been unfair to her, too? If someone could please show me how I have been attacking her and ridiculing her, I'd really appreciate it.

Nope . . . what YZV said.
    Hi lua.,  if I say "lua  is good and straight forward "., does that mean "lua husband is bad  and cunning??"

Incidentally what you said here is right thing to do.

Thank you YZV, I couldn't have put it as well myself.

On the contrary I enjoy reading your posts, I find them well written and your points tend to be squared off nicely. I was just trying to give a sister a lift when she's feeling down is all, same applies to you though, if I think your feeling down, watch out for a cyber hug in your direction.  Wink
     Reply #45 - April 30, 2014, 10:54 AM

Aha, so you're just really sweet. Got it, and thanks. Afro

With much respect to you and Yeezevee, however, I can't say I find the morality in letting erroneous statements go uncorrected just because the other person is really emotional about it. I don't know that that does the opinion holder much good, and I don't think that does anyone a whole lot of good, and the least that can be done is to advise them that they're being tricked by fake sources. It's up to them what to do from there.

My feelings on the matter, anyway.
     Reply #46 - April 30, 2014, 11:32 AM

Point taken.
     Reply #47 - April 30, 2014, 02:07 PM

Thanks Doubting tomas, i appreciate it  far away hug

Hey Lua it's no problem Smiley  i was actually being kind of lighthearted in my posts if you notice the smileys, i just don't agree to that type of debating that's my only critisism and tried to make a point.. Like Doubting Tomas pointed out, you caught me off guard when i was feeling a bit down, i should have just took what you said straight on the chin  Smiley

Have a great day xxxooo
     Reply #48 - April 30, 2014, 02:11 PM

Hey Lua it's no problem Smiley  i was actually being kind of lighthearted in my posts if you notice the smileys, i just don't agree to that type of debating that's my only critisism and tried to make a point.. Like Doubting Tomas pointed out, you caught me off guard when i was feeling a bit down, i should have just took what you said straight on the chin  Smiley

Have a great day xxxooo

I definitely wasn't trying to antagonize you with my responses, when I was writing them I kept thinking, "Okay, yeah, this'll clear it up," and then it kept getting worse. Grin I'm not exactly known for my ability to defuse a situation...

Anyway, like I said, I have no problem with you and it wasn't meant to be personal. No hard feelings; hope you're feeling better.
     Reply #49 - April 30, 2014, 02:21 PM

Ha ha thanks Lua, i actually feel pretty dumb now lol..   i often misinterpret things people say.. my god i must be an emotional wreckkk lol .. i'll go crawl into a corner or under a stone for a while..   Smiley

tc xooo

Reply #50 - April 30, 2014, 02:29 PM

Ha ha thanks Lua, i actually feel pretty dumb now lol..   i often misinterpret things people say

Well, no, I tend to be pretty long-winded when I write and I have heard that I'm not always concise, and I also probably could have worded some things better to avoid causing offense. Besides which, having a conversation online is not always easy.

Anyway, if you're having a rough time with something, everyone here tends to be very helpful. I'll try to be, too. No need for hiding under a rock. Hang out with us.  yes
     Reply #51 - April 30, 2014, 02:34 PM

Run away Suki, we are all tainted here.

Reply #52 - April 30, 2014, 03:14 PM

Starting to get that warm, fuzzy feeling now. Wink
     Reply #53 - April 30, 2014, 08:39 PM

far away hug
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »