Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 04:09 PM

New Britain
September 18, 2024, 02:11 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
September 15, 2024, 01:08 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Bigmo in the house

(Read 26344 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #30 - June 30, 2014, 12:40 PM

He is the slightly more autistic of us. No social etiquette but no bullshitting around!
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #31 - June 30, 2014, 06:22 PM

Neo-con influenced forum members?  where?  I thought we chased them all away.   Baseball bat

I couldn't be a Quran only muslim, because then I'd still be at risk of some 'light' beating. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #32 - June 30, 2014, 06:27 PM

Welcome Big Mo! So do you reject evolution and support wife beating?

Why do you think the Quran is true?

Lol Tonyt, going for the headshot approach I see.  Cheesy

Latter question the most important one to ask any theist who subscribes to a religions text, imo.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #33 - June 30, 2014, 06:30 PM

No I didn't quite expect the hostility

I'm sorry you feel the reaction was hostile, I certainty didn't intend to come across that way myself.
    The Quran says everyone will be judged fairly and everyone little seed of good he will face and every little seed of bad he will face. It says that many times. We all will be judged by our record. So I wouldn't worry about having a bad day in court.

I would disagree with you there, the quran clearly says that the unbelievers will NOT be treated equally to the believers. As I said before:
    I am curious about your interactions with unbelievers. Throughout the quran there's talk about the believers, and the kaffir. It's important to note the quran makes a huge distinction. Those who aren't muslims are inferior. The quran compares non muslims as beasts of burden, on the same level as animals, and according to some preachers worse than animals.

Does this sit well with you?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #34 - June 30, 2014, 06:53 PM

Hi there Bigmo Smiley

Have a welcome parrot parrot

You seem like a nice guy. Will I roast in Hell in eternity for not believing as per Quran?

No but I lived in America and studied there. R u Iranian? I noticed most ex Muslims are Iranians or am I wrong?

You are wrong. Albeit some places seem to cater to anti-Khomeini Iranians only and then they paint all Muslims with that brush. This site has next to none active members from Iran albeit the spokeswoman for CEMB Maryam Namazie is Iranian by birth.

I couldn't be a Quran only muslim, because then I'd still be at risk of some 'light' beating. 

Nothing about it being light in the Quran Tongue

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #35 - June 30, 2014, 07:06 PM

Nothing about it being light in the Quran Tongue

Berbs was being ironic Tongue
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #36 - June 30, 2014, 07:11 PM

I know that Grin  but you know it's coming so may as well prepare for it. 

"Like dude, it's just a light beating, meant to deter, and allah only put it there as a last measure because the first 2 steps are meant to show a man he shouldn't beat his wife.  "

"But it doesn't say lightly"

"yes it does, but it's in a special magical language that doesn't get translated properly often.  You need to know this special language though, but just trust me.....it's a light beating"

"err.......no"

Mind you, without the hadiths, there is no longer that whole "don't beat her as you would a slave"....there is just, beat her, with no limit placed on that beating at all.

Well.........unless you can speak magical pixie language.

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #37 - June 30, 2014, 07:22 PM

I've actually bought some miswak sticks, just so I can find out just how metaphorical of a beating I can administer to myself. Wish me luck.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #38 - June 30, 2014, 07:30 PM

I've actually bought some miswak sticks, just so I can find out just how metaphorical of a beating I can administer to myself. Wish me luck.

Keep us posted on how that goes.

Better still, video it.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #39 - June 30, 2014, 07:34 PM

I know that Grin  but you know it's coming so may as well prepare for it.  

"Like dude, it's just a light beating, meant to deter, and allah only put it there as a last measure because the first 2 steps are meant to show a man he shouldn't beat his wife.  "

"But it doesn't say lightly"

"yes it does, but it's in a special magical language that doesn't get translated properly often.  You need to know this special language though, but just trust me.....it's a light beating"

"err.......no"

Mind you, without the hadiths, there is no longer that whole "don't beat her as you would a slave"....there is just, beat her, with no limit placed on that beating at all.

Well.........unless you can speak magical pixie language.

I suspect Bigmo's response will be that it doesn't say "Beat/Hit" - but says "Avoid her" or "Leave her" or "Strike a similtude for her" or, my favourite: "Have sex with her" - which are all interpretations I have heard from Quranists at some point or another.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #40 - June 30, 2014, 07:55 PM

Oh god, please don't let it be the Michael Jackson interpretation. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0&feature=kp

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #41 - June 30, 2014, 08:06 PM

Street gangs dressed so much cooler back then. Nowadays it's tracksuits, jeans that are almost falling to your ankles, or what look like pyjamas.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #42 - June 30, 2014, 08:10 PM

And they knew how to dance in sync with one another.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #43 - June 30, 2014, 08:18 PM

I think I speak for all women when I say there is nothing that keeps me in line more effectively than a few light taps with a tiny stick.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #44 - June 30, 2014, 08:44 PM

Keep us posted on how that goes.

Better still, video it.

Cheesy

Until just now, I quite literally had no idea that you'd made a video *demonstrating* this. I'm not sure I'd be able to do the subject any justice after that..
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #45 - June 30, 2014, 09:16 PM

Oh god, please don't let it be the Michael Jackson interpretation. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRdxUFDoQe0&feature=kp

Mashallah!

Don't You Ever Come Around Here
    Don't Wanna See Your Face, You Better Disappear
    It Doesn't Matter Who's Wrong Or Right
    Just Beat It, Beat It
    Just Beat It, Beat It
    Just Beat It, Beat It
    Just Beat It, Beat It
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #46 - July 01, 2014, 03:09 AM

My favourite part about all the apologism around Quran verse 4:34, besides all the intellectual contortionist attempts mentioned by Hassan and Berbs above, is that the entire verse (and in other parts of the Quran), men are given full leeway to 'discipline' wives at all. I don't care what kind of BS soft soap approach anyone tries to bring to the 'beat her' part of the verse. It is disgusting that this supposedly divine book by the supposed creator of the entire universe gives men any entitlement TO 'DISCIPLINE' ANOTHER ADULT HUMAN BEING at all.

Somehow, apologists seem to focus so much on trying to weasel their way out of the 'beat her' part, they don't realize that the entire notion of a man disciplining his wife is disgusting, sexist, patriarchal and needs to be in the rubbish bin of history.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #47 - July 01, 2014, 03:13 AM

^^^^

Hear, hear. The worst part of slavery, what made it possible at all, was the dehumanising and infantilising of the Other. Similarity, women are regarded as both intellectually inferior and potential sexual deviants, therefore they must be controlled in order to preserve the Ummah from fitrah.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #48 - July 01, 2014, 03:30 AM

Hear hear hear.

I wanted equality in a relationship long before I was aware of religiously-enshrined inequality. It's a no-brainer.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #49 - July 01, 2014, 03:59 AM

Afro

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #50 - July 01, 2014, 04:26 AM

My favourite part about all the apologism around Quran verse 4:34, besides all the intellectual contortionist attempts mentioned by Hassan and Berbs above, is that the entire verse (and in other parts of the Quran), men are given full leeway to 'discipline' wives at all. I don't care what kind of BS soft soap approach anyone tries to bring to the 'beat her' part of the verse. It is disgusting that this supposedly divine book by the supposed creator of the entire universe gives men any entitlement TO 'DISCIPLINE' ANOTHER ADULT HUMAN BEING at all.

Somehow, apologists seem to focus so much on trying to weasel their way out of the 'beat her' part, they don't realize that the entire notion of a man disciplining his wife is disgusting, sexist, patriarchal and needs to be in the rubbish bin of history.

Thank you! Excellent point.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #51 - July 01, 2014, 08:48 AM

...apologists seem to focus so much on trying to weasel their way out of the 'beat her' part, they don't realize that the entire notion of a man disciplining his wife is disgusting, sexist, patriarchal and needs to be in the rubbish bin of history.

Well said!

Hell is another example of this. Many Muslims these days - especially Quranists - "defend" the concept of Hell by arguing that it is "Not forever!" (only for a "very long time") and you won't go there for simply not believing but only if you are the worst of the worst rapist, mass murderer or Hitler.

However even if that were true (which it isn't) it doesn't change the simple fact that keeping someone alive so you can repeatedly torture them over and over again is the work of an insanely cruel monster - and not an All-Merciful All-Compassionate, Divine Being.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #52 - July 01, 2014, 09:41 AM

^^^^

Hear, hear. The worst part of slavery, what made it possible at all, was the dehumanising and infantilising of the Other. Similarity, women are regarded as both intellectually inferior and potential sexual deviants, therefore they must be controlled in order to preserve the Ummah from fitrah.

And the acceptance of the other of the dehumanisation and infantilisation. Women do seem edging on slaves in Islam when it comes to the wife situation; infantilised in a way. There are some aspects of the set up I do agree with though, not the infantilisation and beating.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #53 - July 01, 2014, 06:45 PM

Its not about being an apologist. Its the belief that if the Quran says that even when a spouse accusing his woman of adultery, he still needs to swear or produce 4 witnesses and she can always swear on oath herself. There is a process for an eye witness account or accusation. However in the so call beat her verse that everyone here talks about it talks about fear of woman doing something. So how can the Quran allow someone to beat someone over some fear or suspicion but demand witnesses and even can punish a slanderer who does not bring forth any witnesses over some fear.

That is why Quranically it makes no sense to say someone can be held accountable over some fear of misconduct. You see?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #54 - July 01, 2014, 06:50 PM

^^^ I honestly have no idea what you just said there   Huh?

Sorry but it really doesn't tackle the well presented arguments listed above

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #55 - July 01, 2014, 08:48 PM

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #56 - July 01, 2014, 10:59 PM

Its not about being an apologist. Its the belief that if the Quran says that even when a spouse accusing his woman of adultery, he still needs to swear or produce 4 witnesses and she can always swear on oath herself.

4:34 does not mention anything about four witnesses. It is telling men that if their wife is 'disobedient' they have the right to punish her in a number of ways, including by beating her. Where is the quranic injunction giving women the right to punish their disobedient husbands?

There is a process for an eye witness account or accusation.

What is the process for a woman whose husband is disobedient, lewd, or cheating on her? (Y'know besides the 4 wives and unlimited sex slaves that the quran allows him but not her to have).

However in the so call beat her verse that everyone here talks about it talks about fear of woman doing something.

"So-called" verse? Are you denying what is in the Quran? Because 4:34 is in the Quran.

So how can the Quran allow someone to beat someone over some fear or suspicion

That is what Quran 4:34 says. Read it for yourself. Maybe direct your question to the humans who wrote the Quran.

That is why Quranically it makes no sense to say someone can be held accountable over some fear of misconduct. You see?

Nope. Please try explaining it again.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #57 - July 01, 2014, 11:23 PM

Hi Bigmo, you didn't reply to my question what we need salvation from and why? And do you believe in Hell?

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #58 - July 01, 2014, 11:56 PM

No I didn't quite expect the hostility as I was not aware I am dealing with many atheist. But then again its only a few active members. I don't see any real challenge but many here seemed to be influenced by Neocon ideology. Their arguments are very similar.

A 'hipster passes me by, he's sporting three quater length pants and a fine beard, am I to take it he's been influenced by Salafi ideology or at least dress code?
    I've also met my fair share of muslims carrying an antisemitic chip on their shoulder, even in the form of some Zionist global domination conspiracy. That said I've also found leftist types harbouring similar ideas, they point out finacial institutions like the 'Rockerfellers and Goldman Sachs to back up their theories. In addition to this some right wingers also hold like minded views. So who's world view is really influencing who, confusing right?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #59 - July 02, 2014, 12:00 AM

seems to me different groups can share views that coincide even if some times these groups appear polar opposite.
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »