Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Gaza assault
by zeca
June 30, 2024, 10:43 PM

France Muslims were in d...
June 30, 2024, 08:06 PM

New Britain
June 26, 2024, 07:57 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
June 26, 2024, 11:07 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 26, 2024, 03:53 AM

Eid Al-Adha
by akay
June 26, 2024, 03:50 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 24, 2024, 02:38 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
June 24, 2024, 07:45 AM

Qur'anic studies today
June 20, 2024, 06:24 PM

Marcion and the introduct...
by zeca
June 17, 2024, 03:58 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
June 17, 2024, 01:00 PM

Jesus mythicism
by zeca
June 15, 2024, 10:14 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Hypothesis or slavery allowance (if that is how it called) in Islam

(Read 36042 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Hypothesis or slavery allowance (if that is how it called) in Islam
     Reply #240 - October 14, 2014, 07:54 PM

And if a slave disagrees with something or doesn't want to do something, what happens?

Quran 4:19 is what happens
     Reply #241 - October 14, 2014, 07:58 PM

I lost so much energy here that i even lost time now tell me how can the diffintion of slavery be evidence that slaves in islam can't ask for there freedome
    ( "Slavery wasn't quite forbidden at that time because: " to "Slavery is okay because: ")

when did i said that??? and even so do understand it's point?Huh?

Because, by definition, a slave has no right to ask for his/her freedom except for a few very special cases.

If you don't know where you said it you should look at your posts in the past few pages. I'm not entirely sure what the last question is but if it is "And even if so, I don't understand your point?" then my point is slavery is never okay.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #242 - October 14, 2014, 07:59 PM

What does that have to do with slavery? what?

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #243 - October 14, 2014, 08:03 PM

Because, by definition, a slave has no right to ask for his/her freedom except for a few very special cases.

If you don't know where you said it you should look at your posts in the past few pages. I'm not entirely sure what the last question is but if it is "And even if so, I don't understand your point?" then my point is slavery is never okay.

False read 24:33 they can and will ask for there freedom at anytime don't ignore it i never ignored anything you said
     Reply #244 - October 14, 2014, 08:05 PM

What does that have to do with slavery? what?

Read what i was talking about with Ishia her point is that Islam allow rape then i quoted 4:19 for her
     Reply #245 - October 14, 2014, 08:06 PM

False read 24:33 they can and will ask for there freedom at anytime don't ignore it i never ignored anything you said

But let them who find not [the means for] marriage abstain [from sexual relations] until Allah enriches them from His bounty. And those who seek a contract [for eventual emancipation] from among whom your right hands possess - then make a contract with them if you know there is within them goodness and give them from the wealth of Allah which He has given you. And do not compel your slave girls to prostitution, if they desire chastity, to seek [thereby] the temporary interests of worldly life. And if someone should compel them, then indeed, Allah is [to them], after their compulsion, Forgiving and Merciful.

Explain.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #246 - October 14, 2014, 08:08 PM

Ok, can someone else translate for me please?

I know you've moved on now Ishina, but in case you're still interested, I think Ahmed was saying that Mohammed, pbuh, gave his consent to his followers to have sex with captives. This did not necessarily equate to Him giving His consent for them to rape the captives, because there may have been an assumption on both sides that the sex was consensual.

Hi
     Reply #247 - October 14, 2014, 08:15 PM

There is nothing in that verse about disobedient slaves.

If a slave disagrees with something or doesn't want to do something, what happens?

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #248 - October 14, 2014, 08:16 PM

I know you've moved on now Ishina, but in case you're still interested, I think Ahmed was saying that Mohammed, pbuh, gave his consent to his followers to have sex with captives. This did not necessarily equate to Him giving His consent for them to rape the captives, because there may have been an assumption on both sides that the sex was consensual.

Why would we be assuming that a captive woman would consent to sex with her captives?

Reply #249 - October 14, 2014, 08:18 PM

I don't speak for Ahmed. Well, apart from then. So I'll leave it to the big man himself.

Hi
     Reply #250 - October 14, 2014, 08:21 PM

Explain.

what part of
    24:33
    And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them  
    you don't understand??
     Reply #251 - October 14, 2014, 08:22 PM

no that is not my point at all
     Reply #252 - October 14, 2014, 08:24 PM

Why would we be assuming that a captive woman would consent to sex with her captives?

God this is not my point Ishina
     Reply #253 - October 14, 2014, 08:31 PM

Ok, a sniff test:

"Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported that at the Battle of Hunain Allah's Messenger sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah's Messenger seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that:" And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess (Quran 4:. 24)" (i. e. they were lawful for them when their 'Idda period came to an end)."

Does anything in that paragraph unsettle you?

Reply #254 - October 14, 2014, 08:35 PM

what part of
    24:33
    And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them  
    you don't understand??

I am not finding anything like that in 24:33 http://quran.com/24/33

Maybe you have the wrong verse?

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #255 - October 14, 2014, 08:40 PM

no that is not my point at all

Ok, sorry, was trying to be clever

Hi
     Reply #256 - October 14, 2014, 08:42 PM

I am not finding anything like that in 24:33 http://quran.com/24/33

Maybe you have the wrong verse?

Oh God read it

"Let those who find not the wherewithal for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah gives them means out of His grace. And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them: yea, give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah has given to you. But force not your maids to prostitution when they desire chastity, in order that ye may make a gain in the goods of this life. But if anyone compels them, yet, after such compulsion, is Allah, Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to them),"
     Reply #257 - October 14, 2014, 08:43 PM

Ok, sorry, was trying to be clever

it's ok
     Reply #258 - October 14, 2014, 08:44 PM

Ok, a sniff test:

"Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported that at the Battle of Hunain Allah's Messenger sent an army to Autas and encountered the enemy and fought with them. Having overcome them and taken them captives, the Companions of Allah's Messenger seemed to refrain from having intercourse with captive women because of their husbands being polytheists. Then Allah, Most High, sent down regarding that:" And women already married, except those whom your right hands possess (Quran 4:. 24)" (i. e. they were lawful for them when their 'Idda period came to an end)."

Does anything in that paragraph unsettle you?

do you speak arabic Huh?Huh? clearly not because you just quoted a mistranslatsion of sunna abu dawod
    here
    http://quran-errors.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-mistranslation-of-hadeeth-in-sunan.html
     Reply #259 - October 14, 2014, 08:45 PM

this is gonna be my last reply to you lua because this is not getting anywhere maybe it's a text problem and if we had skype chat this might get fixed

I don't see why you would be able to express yourself on skype but unable to engage in a discussion here, but either way, again, no thank you. I won't be giving you my skype name. But thanks again for the offer.

I already did that Read the first comment i made about the Fatwa

And then the other half is leave the silly nonsense out of it.

i didn't said All non-muslims belives islam allow rape i said YOU GUYS means the people in this post

Huh. That's not what I'm seeing:

know you will say i never specked anything about rape but you did said that sex with slave is not chastity or that islam allow it (i.e you meant metaphorically rape) and let's face it as a non-muslim yourself you believe Islam allow rape wither you said it or not so far i haven't Sean any valid point you made it was fill with logical fallacies and flawed reason and i demanded for absolute proof Islam allow rape NOT that islam allow sex there is a difference

Evidence please?Huh? show me again where does it says a man can force himself...rape is included aswell read 4:19 and 24:33

This is where the language thing is a problem for us. Well, this and the rest of the thread.

For one thing, no, 4:19 does not protect women from rape. It protects them from being forced into marriage, and it says to be kind to them. Now, the problem is that the Quran's idea of kind and fairness often is, in matters of women and slaves and non-Muslims and, frankly, even Muslims when it comes to this idea of eternal damnation, so downright evil that it's mind-boggling. 24:33 protects from prostitution and yet sanctions lawful sex until you show me otherwise, which is what I've been asking for some time now.

In the case of women and slaves, at the very most, you could say that their husbands and masters haven't been given express permission to rape them. And, even then, they've been given permission to own them, to order them around, to reprimand them, to keep them prisoner in the house should they fear their disobedience and never allow them outside, and women are warned that they will be cursed until morning until they submit to their husband's sexual desires, even if she's at the oven.

Thankfully, using this kind of power and authority to persuade and provoke consent from women who, had they been free to without any possible backlash, would have likely said "No," is considered rape by those who value women's rights even remotely. Islam is not one of those systems. To try to say that Islam doesn't throw the window wide open for the coercion and rape of women and slaves is to be ignoring human nature and allowing yourself to be divorced from reality.

NO you didn't

Considering that you have a hard time keeping track of which user is which on here, I don't quite think you're in the position to tell me what my intentions were when I responded to you.

is it about azl hadith??? don't bother you must tell me what is the point of the hadith before even quoting it you just put it there and i assumed you are talking about azl part like every ant-muslim propaganda website does

No. I said in the very beginning that I didn't care about the azl part, and you kept talking about it. Your expectations of what I was going to say got in the way of what I was actually telling you, then, Ahmed?

For the record, here's what I've been trying to get you to address all along:
    If your hypothesis was correct, and slavery was allowed for the benefit of the slave who would otherwise be in poverty and starve or die from the elements, why would freeing slaves be considered a charity in Islam worthy of God's blessings? According to your hypothesis, wouldn't it mean the slaveowner is being rewarded by God for throwing the slave into the street to fend for himself?

Whether or not you realize it, Ahmed, this thread is full of indisputable reasons why your hypothesis is unsupported and your conclusions false. You've not given one reasonable explanation as to why slavery would be something forcefully imposed on people, why manumitting them is a charity, and why escaped slaves would have their prayers unaccepted by God until they return to their masters. In fact, there are hadith that tell of slaves escaping their owners, only to be recaptured later by the Muslims and returned to the slaveowner. Does this sound like slavery was for the benefit of the slave, Ahmed?

And I never saw you offer a counter to any of the other early points mentioned here, including Bogart's question of why there couldn't have been a welfare system for the poor instead of a slavery system if this was for the benefit of the slave. I'm beginning to think your fixation on the rape argument, where you refuse to provide your evidence that chastity means virginity in that verse, and yet you refuse to drop the subject, is an attempt to distract from these points that you couldn't counter.

are you telling me that I'm ignorant in debating or what?? my English isn't bad i study computer technology engineering so English is very important for me

No. I'm telling you exactly what I told you in my post. And this kind of proves my point.

For whatever reason, whether it's just the fact that you're quick to be defensive, or because you're not really reading what we write, or because you still have a ways to go in this language, you are simply not understanding what anyone here says. End of story. Whatever issue it is, I'd work it out before engaging in all these debates, Ahmed. You're just going to get frustrated when it's not working out for you.

ok but tell me how can you still consider them slaves when they are to be set free

What. Are you serious?

FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE this shows you never read my respond read 24:33 gives the slave ALL the right to ask for freedom rendering your comment futile

Asking for freedom does not mean getting freedom. You've asked me several times to talk on Skype and we ain't chatting on Skype right now. I asked my husband to take out the garbage yesterday, and it's still here. What's your point?
     Reply #260 - October 14, 2014, 08:50 PM

do you speak arabic Huh?Huh? clearly not because you just quoted a mistranslatsion of sunna abu dawod
    here
    http://quran-errors.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-mistranslation-of-hadeeth-in-sunan.html

Good.. good ThatMuslimGuy   ...ThatMuslimGuy..

I am sure That Muslim guy  reads this forum Ahmed., He was a member here ., write to him to join and help you out..  

by the way do you read/write and speak Arabic ., I am pretty sure "ThatMuslimGuy" knows  nothing on Arabic.. He knows a lot of Punjabi and Urdu..  Cheesy

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #261 - October 14, 2014, 08:53 PM

here

Unless I'm missing something the hadith quoted is the correct translation...

Oh God read it

"Let those who find not the wherewithal for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah gives them means out of His grace. And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them: yea, give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah has given to you. But force not your maids to prostitution when they desire chastity, in order that ye may make a gain in the goods of this life. But if anyone compels them, yet, after such compulsion, is Allah, Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to them),"

Yeah...paying for their freedom...buying themselves out of slavery...literally nothing new and I have no clue how this compares to "If they ask for freedom they are free" or whatever you were trying to pull. The verse is flawed as slaves have absolutely no way of earning money. Humans are supposed to be free, and it is getting really awkward to try to explain to you why slavery is wrong.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #262 - October 14, 2014, 09:20 PM

I don't see why you would be able to express yourself on skype but unable to engage in a discussion here, but either way, again, no thank you. I won't be giving you my skype name. But thanks again for the offer.

And then the other half is leave the silly nonsense out of it.

Huh. That's not what I'm seeing:

This is where the language thing is a problem for us. Well, this and the rest of the thread.

For one thing, no, 4:19 does not protect women from rape. It protects them from being forced into marriage, and it says to be kind to them. Now, the problem is that the Quran's idea of kind and fairness often is, in matters of women and slaves and non-Muslims and, frankly, even Muslims when it comes to this idea of eternal damnation, so downright evil that it's mind-boggling. 24:33 protects from prostitution and yet sanctions lawful sex until you show me otherwise, which is what I've been asking for some time now.

In the case of women and slaves, at the very most, you could say that their husbands and masters haven't been given express permission to rape them. And, even then, they've been given permission to own them, to order them around, to reprimand them, to keep them prisoner in the house should they fear their disobedience and never allow them outside, and women are warned that they will be cursed until morning until they submit to their husband's sexual desires, even if she's at the oven.

Thankfully, using this kind of power and authority to persuade and provoke consent from women who, had they been free to without any possible backlash, would have likely said "No," is considered rape by those who value women's rights even remotely. Islam is not one of those systems. To try to say that Islam doesn't throw the window wide open for the coercion and rape of women and slaves is to be ignoring human nature and allowing yourself to be divorced from reality.

Considering that you have a hard time keeping track of which user is which on here, I don't quite think you're in the position to tell me what my intentions were when I responded to you.

No. I said in the very beginning that I didn't care about the azl part, and you kept talking about it. Your expectations of what I was going to say got in the way of what I was actually telling you, then, Ahmed?

For the record, here's what I've been trying to get you to address all along:
    And I never saw you offer a counter to any of the other early points mentioned here, including Bogart's question of why there couldn't have been a welfare system for the poor instead of a slavery system if this was for the benefit of the slave. I'm beginning to think your fixation on the rape argument, where you refuse to provide your evidence that chastity means virginity in that verse, and yet you refuse to drop the subject, is an attempt to distract from these points that you couldn't counter.

No. I'm telling you exactly what I told you in my post. And this kind of proves my point.

For whatever reason, whether it's just the fact that you're quick to be defensive, or because you're not really reading what we write, or because you still have a ways to go in this language, you are simply not understanding what anyone here says. End of story. Whatever issue it is, I'd work it out before engaging in all these debates, Ahmed. You're just going to get frustrated when it's not working out for you.

What. Are you serious?

Asking for freedom does not mean getting freedom. You've asked me several times to talk on Skype and we ain't chatting on Skype right now. I asked my husband to take out the garbage yesterday, and it's still here. What's your point?

Lua i have already said to you this is my final reply because you are not getting my points at all you didn't refute 4:19 and 24:33 and all the hadiths i sited to the others here condemning hurting your slave keeping him as slave in the frist place(setiing them free) i showed hadiths and verses about setting free slaves and 24:33
    (And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them)
    so yah this gives abslute evidence to protect slaves and about chastitiy do you know what the word تحصنا means? here is an example you are building a house and you want to protect it from outside attacks you put what we call it in arabic حصن means a big tall block to protect from outside attacks same thing apply on women
    chastity
    ˈtʃastɪti/Submit
    noun
    the state or practice of refraining from extramarital, or especially from all, sexual intercourse.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chastity
    Chastity is clearly absence from ALL types of sexual intercourse and of course in islam you can't have sex before marrige that is called rape and fornication
    (For one thing, no, 4:19 does not protect women from rape. It protects them from being forced into marriage)
    4:19
    (Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may Take away part of the dower ye have given them,-except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity)

so to you rape has nothing to do with harshness?Huh? you serious really?Huh??? i have already provided many verses and hadiths against rape but for the sake of argument here is a hadith:
    •Abu Dawud, Book 38, Number 4366:
    “Narrated Wa’il ibn Hujr: When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That (man) did such and such to me. And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said: That man did such and such to me. They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her. She said: Yes, this is he. Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). When he (the Prophet) was about to pass sentence, the man who (actually) had assaulted her stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her. He (the Prophet) said to her: Go away, for Allah has forgiven you. But he told the man some good words (AbuDawud said: meaning the man who was seized), and of the man who had had intercourse with her, he said: Stone him to death. He also said: He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Medina had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them.”

(Isnad Classed Good By Abu Dawud – Source. Classed Sahih By Sheikh Albani – Source. Also Found In Tirmidhi, 1494 – Classed As Hasan Sahih By Tirmidhi, 1175 & Al-Mishkah, 3572 – cited here. Ibn Hajar Declared It Hasan In: In Takhrij Mishkah Al-Masabih, 3/422 – Source)

(I'm beginning to think your fixation on the rape argument, where you refuse to provide your evidence that chastity means virginity in that verse, and yet you refuse to drop the subject, is an attempt to distract from these points that you couldn't counter. )

False i showed that i used accurate dictionary because you clearly don't know what chastity means here is a hadith about chastity that i posted here many many times
    Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:
    Musaykah, a slave-girl of some Ansari, came and said: My master forces me to commit fornication. Thereupon the following verse was revealed: "But force not your maids to prostitution (when they desire chastity)."
    حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، عَنْ حَجَّاجٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ جُرَيْجٍ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي أَبُو الزُّبَيْرِ، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ جَابِرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، يَقُولُ جَاءَتْ مُسَيْكَةُ لِبَعْضِ الأَنْصَارِ فَقَالَتْ إِنَّ سَيِّدِي يُكْرِهُنِي عَلَى الْبِغَاءِ فَنَزَلَ فِي ذَلِكَ ‏{‏ وَلاَ تُكْرِهُوا فَتَيَاتِكُمْ عَلَى الْبِغَاءِ ‏}‏ ‏.‏
    Grade   : Sahih (Al-Albani)     صحيح   (الألباني)   حكم     :
    Reference    : Sunan Abi Dawud 2311
    In-book reference    : Book 13, Hadith 137
    English translation    : Book 12, Hadith 2304

and chastity means protection from all things :
    Abdullah reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to supplicate (in these words):
    " O Allah. I beg of Thee the right guidance, safeguard against evils, chastity and freedom from want."
    حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى، وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ، قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ، عَنْ أَبِي الأَحْوَصِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَنَّهُ كَانَ يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْهُدَى وَالتُّقَى وَالْعَفَافَ وَالْغِنَى ‏"‏ ‏.‏
    Reference    : Sahih Muslim 2721 a
    In-book reference    : Book 48, Hadith 97
    USC-MSA web (English) reference    : Book 35, Hadith 6566

you see??? now can't deny it Sunan Abi Dawud 2311 seals the deal

(What. Are you serious?)

Read what i said a slave in islam is no longer called slave if he asked for his freedom WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT?

now please i have no time this is my final final reply to you
    it's been fun bye
     Reply #263 - October 14, 2014, 09:29 PM

what is disgusting the adulterer was punished and flogged for his rape crime

I highlighted and underlined the bit that had that specific effect on me.

you are talking about saffiyah like what happened to her family was a genocide when i already showed you and debunked it for you here again

How exactly have you done this?

THIS is so disgustingly wrong historically and empirically Slavery was a Pre-Islamic problem NOT ISLAMIC and islam provided rules to free your slave

You have just in the same sentence said slavery isn't islamic and then that slavery is a part of islam.

you can prove islam didn't abolish slavery so far NONE has been successful in this the burden of proof is on you to prove that not me

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are you saying that the history of islam isn't filled with slavery?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #264 - October 14, 2014, 09:29 PM

Unless I'm missing something the hadith quoted is the correct translation...

Yeah...paying for their freedom...buying themselves out of slavery...literally nothing new and I have no clue how this compares to "If they ask for freedom they are free" or whatever you were trying to pull. The verse is flawed as slaves have absolutely no way of earning money. Humans are supposed to be free, and it is getting really awkward to try to explain to you why slavery is wrong.

(Unless I'm missing something the hadith quoted is the correct translation...)

yes you are missing alot read the post and see for yourself

(Yeah...paying for their freedom...buying themselves out of slavery...literally nothing new and I have no clue how this compares to "If they ask for freedom they are free" or whatever you were trying to pull. The verse is flawed as slaves have absolutely no way of earning money. Humans are supposed to be free, and it is getting really awkward to try to explain to you why slavery is wrong.)

where does it says paying for money?Huh????ha?Huh?? it says ( ask for a deed in writing )DEED will you won't believe it anyway i showed you evidence that slaves CAN ask for there freedom but you jump around avoiding it now the burden of proof is on you to show that a slave CAN'T ask for his/her freedom

(slaves have absolutely no way of earning money)

please learn some history I'm not mocking you but advising you slaves before islam never earned anything
     Reply #265 - October 14, 2014, 09:33 PM

Good.. good ThatMuslimGuy   ...ThatMuslimGuy..

I am sure That Muslim guy  reads this forum Ahmed., He was a member here ., write to him to join and help you out..  

by the way do you read/write and speak Arabic ., I am pretty sure "ThatMuslimGuy" knows  nothing on Arabic.. He knows a lot of Punjabi and Urdu..  Cheesy

yah trolling style isn't it??? Cheesy

yah i speak arabic intrested in testing me??? i was born in Baghdad iraq (arabic country if you don't know that)

(I am pretty sure "ThatMuslimGuy" knows  nothing on Arabic.. He knows a lot of Punjabi and Urdu..  Cheesy)

I know him personally he knows arabic unlike you he have many books at his house about arabic and he ask me in skype many times to give him meanings of words and that article he made he made after i told him about the error os yah Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy laughing6
     Reply #266 - October 14, 2014, 09:36 PM

I highlighted and underlined the bit that had that specific effect on me.

How exactly have you done this?

You have just in the same sentence said slavery isn't islamic and then that slavery is a part of islam.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are you saying that the history of islam isn't filled with slavery?

(I highlighted and underlined the bit that had that specific effect on me)

what do you mean?

(You have just in the same sentence said slavery isn't islamic and then that slavery is a part of islam.)

My point is Slavery is a pre-islamic problem NOT an islamic problem islam didn't invent slavery

(I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are you saying that the history of islam isn't filled with slavery?)

NO i'm saying the burden of proof is own you to show a single verse that says "a man can force himself on his female slave without her consent (rape)" so far NON have ever been successful in this

(How exactly have you done this?)

first let's start with this:
    http://quran-errors.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/re-ali-sina-faithfreedom-did-muhammad.html?q=Safiya
    http://quran-errors.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/did-muhammad-p-rape-safiyah-ra.html?q=Safiya

NOW most imprtatntly why muhammad attacked her tribe
    from the mouth of safiyah HER self:

When Safiya came to the Holy Prophet (pbuh), he said to her; ‘Among the Jews your father did not stop in his enmity towards me until Allah destroyed him.’ She said: ‘O Allah’s Messenger! Indeed Allah says in His book, ‘No one will take anyone else’s burden’. So the Holy Prophet (PBUH) said to her: ‘Make your choice, if you will chose Islam I’ll select you for myself and if you chose Judaism, I’ll set you free and send you to your people.’ She said; ‘O Allah’s Messenger indeed I longed for Islam and testified for you even before you gave me this invitation when I came to you. I have no guardian among the Jews, neither father nor brother and I prefer Islam over disbelief. Allah and His Messenger are dear to me then freedom and to return to my people.” (Ibn Saad 8/123)

and most importatnly her words:
    Ibn Umar narrates: In the eye of Sayyidah Safiya was a scar. Holy Prophet (pbuh) said to her, ‘What is this scar in your eye?’ She said, ‘I mentioned before my husband that I saw a moon falling into my lap in a dream so he slapped me and said; ‘Do you long for the King of Yathrib [i.e. Holy Prophet pbuh]’ She said: ‘There was none more hateful to me then Allah’s Messenger (pbuh) as he killed my father and husband. [But] the Prophet (pbuh) explained, ‘O Safiya your father instigated the Arabs against me and did so and so…’ He kept on explaining until that feeling (of hatred) vanished from me.’
    (Tabarani Kabeer, Hadith 19668. Albani classified it as Sahih in his Silsala Sahiha H. 2793)

i can provide more but this is just the tip of the iceberg
     Reply #267 - October 14, 2014, 09:41 PM

Ahmed, your hypothesis was about islamic slavery, not about non islamic slavery. I was addressing that.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #268 - October 14, 2014, 09:45 PM

yes you are missing alot read the post and see for yourself

I did, I'm not missing anything.

where does it says paying for money?Huh????ha?Huh?? it says ( ask for a deed in writing )DEED will you won't believe it anyway i showed you evidence that slaves CAN ask for there freedom but you jump around avoiding it now the burden of proof is on you to show that a slave CAN'T ask for his/her freedom

No, it isn't. Your point has not been made correctly. They have to pay an uncertain amount of work or money to 'earn' their freedom. That is what the deed is.

please learn some history I'm not mocking you but advising you slaves before islam never earned anything

Slaves may only earn money if allowed by their masters, and the money then at least partially goes to the masters.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #269 - October 14, 2014, 09:47 PM

Lua i have already said to you this is my final reply

No one's forcing you to respond, my man.

(And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them)

What xtremstr said. And probably other people on this thread. So what if they can't buy their way out of slavery? What if the sum is too high? Or what if the master decides there isn't any good in them? The slave is just screwed, right? Mashallah. Grin

so yah this gives abslute evidence to protect slaves and about chastitiy do you know what the word تحصنا means? here is an example you are building a house and you want to protect it from outside attacks you put what we call it in arabic حصن means a big tall block to protect from outside attacks same thing apply on women
    chastity
    ˈtʃastɪti/Submit
    noun
    the state or practice of refraining from extramarital, or especially from all, sexual intercourse.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chastity
    Chastity is clearly absence from ALL types of sexual intercourse and of course in islam you can't have sex before marrige that is called rape and fornication

Chastity as it is used in the Quran does not mean virginity. Just because we use that word in English to mean virginal does not mean you won your argument. You have to demonstrate that, in Arabic, it is referring to the slave's virginity, rather than meaning that she just hasn't had unlawful intercourse, while her master having sex with her is still lawful and still protecting her chastity.

so to you rape has nothing to do with harshness?Huh? you serious really?Huh??? i have already provided many verses and hadiths against rape but for the sake of argument here is a hadith:

What I'm telling you is that our idea of harshness today and the idea of harshness in Mohammed's time are clearly two extraordinarily different things. The Quran does not consider it too unkind to own slaves, to reprimand women, to keep them under house arrest, or to hit them. This is very clear in the Quran. You're not about to water that down with irrelevant hadith. So yes, I believe the book that says owning slaves and all these other inhumane things is saying "Be kind to your wife." But the kindness it had in mind is no kindness that I recognize.

•Abu Dawud, Book 38, Number 4366:
    “Narrated Wa’il ibn Hujr: When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That (man) did such and such to me. [...]

Irrelevant. We're talking strictly about marital rape or the rape of your own slave. Not a guy grabbing a woman off the street and raping her.

False i showed that i used accurate dictionary because you clearly don't know what chastity means here is a hadith about chastity that i posted here many many times

I'm not asking you to just keep pelting me with the same old quotations over and over, but to convince me that the 24:33, and, by extension, all verses and hadith you or I could produce with this same word and this same concept, means virginity and not lawful intercourse. I understand your claim and I do not yet accept your conclusion.

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:
    Musaykah, a slave-girl of some Ansari, came and said: My master forces me to commit fornication. Thereupon the following verse was revealed: "But force not your maids to prostitution (when they desire chastity)."
    حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ، عَنْ حَجَّاجٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ جُرَيْجٍ، قَالَ أَخْبَرَنِي أَبُو الزُّبَيْرِ، أَنَّهُ سَمِعَ جَابِرَ بْنَ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، يَقُولُ جَاءَتْ مُسَيْكَةُ لِبَعْضِ الأَنْصَارِ فَقَالَتْ إِنَّ سَيِّدِي يُكْرِهُنِي عَلَى الْبِغَاءِ فَنَزَلَ فِي ذَلِكَ ‏{‏ وَلاَ تُكْرِهُوا فَتَيَاتِكُمْ عَلَى الْبِغَاءِ ‏}‏ ‏.‏
    Grade   : Sahih (Al-Albani)     صحيح   (الألباني)   حكم     :
    Reference    : Sunan Abi Dawud 2311
    In-book reference    : Book 13, Hadith 137
    English translation    : Book 12, Hadith 2304

Here, you unwittingly proved my point. Fornication is unlawful intercourse. Having sex with a slave with whom you're not married is lawful. She's complaining about literal prostitution here.

and chastity means protection from all things :
    Abdullah reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to supplicate (in these words):
    " O Allah. I beg of Thee the right guidance, safeguard against evils, chastity and freedom from want."
    حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى، وَمُحَمَّدُ بْنُ بَشَّارٍ، قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ جَعْفَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنْ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ، عَنْ أَبِي الأَحْوَصِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم أَنَّهُ كَانَ يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ الْهُدَى وَالتُّقَى وَالْعَفَافَ وَالْغِنَى ‏"‏ ‏.‏
    Reference    : Sahih Muslim 2721 a
    In-book reference    : Book 48, Hadith 97
    USC-MSA web (English) reference    : Book 35, Hadith 6566

If anything, saying that it just means "protection" and that's it brings you even further away from being able to assert that 22:33 meant protection from pre-marital sex.

Read what i said a slave in islam is no longer called slave if he asked for his freedom WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT?

What's wrong with that is that it is probably one of the silliest, most unfounded things I've ever heard a Muslim apologist say. Top 5, easily.

now please i have no time

Come on, now, you have a ton of time. You even gave me a final final last message. Grin
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »