Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 05:56 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
October 12, 2024, 10:11 AM

New Britain
October 12, 2024, 09:24 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 29, 2024, 07:32 AM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: happiness of heart and soul in ramadan

(Read 11950 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • happiness of heart and soul in ramadan
     Reply #30 - April 15, 2022, 02:29 PM

From the mouth of the Prophet

balls?

Reply #31 - April 15, 2022, 05:23 PM

Fasting during the month of Ramadan can be good for your health if it’s done correctly. When the body is starved of food, it starts to burn fat so that it can make energy. This can lead to weight loss. However, if you fast for too long your body will eventually start breaking down muscle protein for energy, which is unhealthy.

Dr Razeen Mahroof, an anaesthetist from Oxford, says there's a strong relationship between diet and health.

“Ramadan isn’t always thought of as being an opportunity to lose weight because the spiritual aspect is emphasised more generally than the health aspect," he says. "However, it’s a great chance to get the physical benefits as well.”

Source of energy during a fast

The changes that happen in the body during a fast depend on the length of the continuous fast. The body enters into a fasting state eight hours or so after the last meal, when the gut finishes absorbing nutrients from the food.

In the normal state, body glucose, which is stored in the liver and muscles, is the body’s main source of energy. During a fast, this store of glucose is used up first to provide energy. Later in the fast, once the glucose runs out, fat becomes the next source of energy for the body.

With a prolonged fast of many days or weeks, the body starts using protein for energy.

This is the technical description of what is commonly known as "starvation". It is clearly unhealthy and involves protein being released by the breakdown of muscle, which is why people who starve look very thin and become extremely weak.

However, you are unlikely to reach the starvation stage during Ramadan, because the fast is broken daily.

Gentle transition from glucose to fat

As the Ramadan fast only lasts from dawn till dusk, the body's energy can be replaced in the pre-dawn and dusk meals.

This provides a gentle transition from using glucose as the main source of energy, to using fat, and prevents the breakdown of muscle for protein.

Dr Mahroof says the use of fat for energy helps weight loss. It preserves the muscles and eventually reduces your cholesterol level. In addition, weight loss results in better control of diabetes and reduces blood pressure.

“A detoxification process also occurs, because any toxins stored in the body’s fat are dissolved and removed from the body,” says Dr Mahroof.

After a few days of the fast, higher levels of endorphins appear in the blood, making you more alert and giving an overall feeling of general mental wellbeing.

A balanced food and fluid intake is important between fasts. The kidneys are very efficient at maintaining the body’s water and salts, such as sodium and potassium. However, these can be lost through perspiration.

To prevent muscle breakdown, meals must contain enough energy food, such as carbohydrates and some fat.

“The way to approach your diet during fasting is similar to the way you should be eating outside Ramadan," says Dr Mahroof. "You should have a balanced diet, with the right proportion of carbs, fat and protein.”

check out this short video that explains 5 interesting health benefits your body will enjoy during and after the holy month of Ramadan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXo1ercgZKA

حوار رائع لحمزة وعباس مع زوجين اعتنقا الإسلام - الجزء الأول

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9zQXb20SY

زوجان معتنا للإسلام يسألان حمزة: لماذا اعتنقتَ الإسلام؟

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiVhUFt7-aU&t=17s

Reply #32 - April 15, 2022, 06:08 PM

akay WHOLE THING YOU WRITE/COPY/PASTE ON THE SUBJECT OF FASTING & ISLAM IS COMPLETE NONSENSE .. except this 
    Fasting during the month of Ramadan  can be good for your health if it’s done correctly.

When the body is starved of food, it starts to burn fat so that it can make energy. This can lead to weight loss. However, if you fast for too long your body will eventually start breaking down muscle protein for energy, which is unhealthy.

Dr Razeen Mahroof, an anaesthetist from Oxford, says there's a strong relationship between diet and health.

“Ramadan isn’t always thought of as being an opportunity to lose weight because the spiritual aspect is emphasised more generally than the health aspect," he says. "However, it’s a great chance to get the physical benefits as well.”

Source of energy during a fast

The changes that happen in the body during a fast depend on the length of the continuous fast. The body enters into a fasting state eight hours or so after the last meal, when the gut finishes absorbing nutrients from the food.

In the normal state, body glucose, which is stored in the liver and muscles, is the body’s main source of energy. During a fast, this store of glucose is used up first to provide energy. Later in the fast, once the glucose runs out, fat becomes the next source of energy for the body.

With a prolonged fast of many days or weeks, the body starts using protein for energy.

This is the technical description of what is commonly known as "starvation". It is clearly unhealthy and involves protein being released by the breakdown of muscle, which is why people who starve look very thin and become extremely weak.

However, you are unlikely to reach the starvation stage during Ramadan, because the fast is broken daily.

Gentle transition from glucose to fat

As the Ramadan fast only lasts from dawn till dusk, the body's energy can be replaced in the pre-dawn and dusk meals.

This provides a gentle transition from using glucose as the main source of energy, to using fat, and prevents the breakdown of muscle for protein.

Dr Mahroof says the use of fat for energy helps weight loss. It preserves the muscles and eventually reduces your cholesterol level. In addition, weight loss results in better control of diabetes and reduces blood pressure.

“A detoxification process also occurs, because any toxins stored in the body’s fat are dissolved and removed from the body,” says Dr Mahroof.

After a few days of the fast, higher levels of endorphins appear in the blood, making you more alert and giving an overall feeling of general mental wellbeing.

A balanced food and fluid intake is important between fasts. The kidneys are very efficient at maintaining the body’s water and salts, such as sodium and potassium. However, these can be lost through perspiration.

To prevent muscle breakdown, meals must contain enough energy food, such as carbohydrates and some fat.

“The way to approach your diet during fasting is similar to the way you should be eating outside Ramadan," says Dr Mahroof. "You should have a balanced diet, with the right proportion of carbs, fat and protein.”

check out this short video that explains 5 interesting health benefits your body will enjoy during and after the holy month of Ramadan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXo1ercgZKA

حوار رائع لحمزة وعباس مع زوجين اعتنقا الإسلام - الجزء الأول

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA9zQXb20SY

زوجان معتنا للإسلام يسألان حمزة: لماذا اعتنقتَ الإسلام؟

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiVhUFt7-aU&t=17s

yes you are right there., fasting to human body in fact good to all biological species is good .. IF IT IS DONE RESPONSIBLY with scientific background and enquiry ,

Rest of all that you write is nonsense..  as far as fasting in faiths and faith books is concerned it is there in EVERY FAITH    .. let me paste for you directly some bible verses

Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments. -Exodus 34:28

…I proclaimed a fast, so that we might humble ourselves before our God and ask him for a safe journey for us and our children, with all our possessions….So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and he answered our prayer. ...........Ezra 8:21-23

..and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. -Luke 2:37

After fasting forty days and forty nights, he [Jesus] was hungry....  Matthew 4:2

“When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 1so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.....-Matthew 6:16-18

you can find many such verses in bible ., fasting was there before the birth prophet of Islam ., in fact you can find fasting verses/sayings  in other faith books also.. So it is nothing special to Islam except it is reinforced with rules by many Islamists and  Islamism followers .  Incidentally there is NOTHING wrong self reinforcing the belief system  .,  Ramadan or no  Ramadan sincere Muslim folks should follow such wonderful healthy life style at their own pace   BUT DO NOT PIG OUT at the end of the day.. and  Ramadan Mubaracho..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #33 - April 16, 2022, 03:45 AM

After a few days of the fast, higher levels of endorphins appear in the blood

mmm, dolphins.

Reply #34 - April 16, 2022, 10:58 AM

زائر محترم يود التعرف أكثر على الإسلام - حوار حمزة مع زائر

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIzeChfucWU
     Reply #35 - April 16, 2022, 04:25 PM

A respectable visitor who wants to learn more about Islam

to the library!

Reply #36 - April 17, 2022, 01:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQO271wNfCs
     Reply #37 - April 17, 2022, 03:19 PM

Reply #38 - April 20, 2022, 06:44 PM

. Among the benefits of fasting is that Allah has designated one of the gates of Paradise solely for those who frequently fast. The Prophet Salla Allahu Alayhi Wasallam said, what translated means,“There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Rayyan, and those who frequently fast will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection, and none except them shall enter through it. It will be said, ‘Where are those who used to fast?’ They will stand up, and none except them will enter through it. Upon entry, that gate will be closed and no one else will enter through it.”[Al-Bukhari].

. Fasting is a shield and protection from harmful desires and from the heat of Hell, as an authentic Hadith affirms.. The supplication of the fasting person is accepted. The Messenger of Allah, Salla Allahu Alayhi Wasallam, said, what translated means,“The fasting person has at the time of breaking his fast a Du’aa’ that is not rejected.”[Ibn Majah & Al-’Hakim].Also, Allah Almighty said while referring to fasting

"And when My slaves ask you (O Mohammad) concerning Me, then answer them, I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor)." [2:186].

. Another benefit of fasting is that It teaches man the principle of sincere Love: because when he observes Fasting he does it out of deep love for God. And the man who loves God truly is a man who really knows what love is.

. It.indoctrinates man in patience and selflessness, as through fasting, he feels the pains of deprivation but he endures them patiently. The Prophet Salla Allahu Alayhi Wasallam said, what translated means,“Fasting is one half of patience.”[At-Tirmithi & Ibn Majah].1. Fasting has numerous health benefits, just as the Prophet Salla Allahu Alayhi Wasallam stated,

“Fast and you shall attain good health.”[Ibn As-Sunni & Abu Na’eem].This is because fasting protects the internal and external body parts and aids the person in avoiding harmful foods.

How New YorK reacts to a muslim , Amazing Reactions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEvojpq-1HE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds9S7XrIvhk
     Reply #39 - April 21, 2022, 02:54 AM

Among the benefits of fasting is

a flat midriff?

Reply #40 - April 21, 2022, 12:31 PM

. Jesus fasted for more than a month at a time (Matthew 4:2 and Luke 4:2), as did the pious before him (Exodus 34:28, I Kings 19:, and as do Muslims in the annual fast of the month of Ramadan.

Jesus taught the oneness of God (Mark 12:29-30, Matthew 22:37 and Luke 10:27), as conveyed in the first commandment (Exodus 20:3). Nowhere did he declare the Trinity.

. Jesus declared himself a man and a prophet of God , and nowhere claimed divinity or divine sonship. Which creed are the above points more consistent with—the Trinitarian formula or the absolute monotheism of Islam?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z256GlMMED4

The Deen Show: Did Jesus die for the sins of the world? ( 1 of 2 )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUA2Ln4jsEM

The Deen Show: Did Jesus die for the sins of the world? ( 2of 2 )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpdrcQ55Zxw

The Deen Show: The Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus isn't God by Brother Joshua Evans
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z29jFDmkoEc
     Reply #41 - April 21, 2022, 03:11 PM

. Jesus fasted for more than a month at a time (Matthew 4:2 and Luke 4:2), as did the pious before him (Exodus 34:28, I Kings 19:, and as do Muslims in the annual fast of the month of Ramadan.

On that I already gave you verses from bibles dear akay., Converted Muslims of that time just copy /pasted in to their lives ., Again FASTING IS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM ., its origins are rooted in faiths /faith followers much much earlier to Islam ..

Jesus taught the oneness of God (Mark 12:29-30, Matthew 22:37 and Luke 10:27), as conveyed in the first commandment (Exodus 20:3). Nowhere did he declare the Trinity.

Great there you go .. So you are saying even that "There is no God but God" also copy/pasted??   Damn THERE IS NOTHING NEW IN QURAN & ISLAM.. all copy/paste

Jesus declared himself a man and a prophet of God , and nowhere claimed divinity or divine sonship. Which creed are the above points more consistent with—the Trinitarian formula or the absolute monotheism of Islam?

good then We don't need Muhammad and Islam .. Follow Jesus.. tell Jesus stories to children
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z256GlMMED4

The Deen Show: Did Jesus die for the sins of the world? ( 1 of 2 )

The Deen Show: Did Jesus die for the sins of the world? ( 2of 2 )

Brain frying time wasting Garbage Tubes ..
    The Deen Show: The Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus isn't God by Brother Joshua Evans

stop posting nonsense tube links dear akay..

Reply #42 - April 21, 2022, 04:52 PM

Jesus declared himself a man

a lady’s man?

Reply #43 - April 22, 2022, 11:24 AM

Christ is just a prophet

everyone that was alive when Jesus walked considered him a Prophet.

And the crowds were saying, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee.” (Matthew 21:11)

The woman *said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.(John 4:19)

When they sought to seize Him, they feared the people, because they considered Him to be a prophet. (Matthew 21:46)

So they *said to the blind man again, “What do you say about Him, since He opened your eyes?” And he said, “He is a prophet.” (John 9:17)
    (interesting footnote, even those he gave vision to considered him a prophet)

And He said to them, “What things?” And they said to Him, “The things about Jesus the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word in the sight of God and all the people, (Luke 24:19)

Bible says that God is not man
    ‘God is not a man’ (Numbers 23:19)
    ‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9)

Jesus is called a man many times in the Bible
    ‘a man who has told you the truth’ (John 8:40)

‘Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)

‘He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed’ (Acts 17:31)

‘the man Christ Jesus’ (Tim. 2:5)
    The Bible says that Jesus denied he is God
    Jesus spoke to a man who had called him ‘good,’ asking him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.’ (Luke 18:19)

And he said to him, ‘Why are you asking me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.’ (Matthew 19:17)

Jesus did not teach people that he was God
    If Jesus had been telling people that he was God, he would have complimented the man. Instead, Jesus rebuked him, denying he was good, that is, Jesus denied he was God.

The Bible says that God is greater than Jesus
    ‘My Father is greater than I’ (John 14:28)
    ‘My father is greater than all.’ (John 10:29)

Jesus can not be God if God is greater than him. The Christian belief that the Father and son are equal is in direct contrast to the clear words from Jesus.

Jesus never instructed his disciples to worship him
    ‘When you pray, say Our Father which art in heaven.’ (Luke 11:2)

‘In that day, you shall ask me nothing. Whatsoever you ask of the Father in my name.’ (John 16:23)
    The hour cometh and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth; for the Father seeketh such to worship him.’ (John 4:23)

If Jesus was God, he would have sought worship for himself
    Since he didn’t, instead he sought worship for God in the heavens, therefore, he was not God

من هو الإله الحق؟ هاشم ومنصور في حوار مع مسيحيين الجزء الأول
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZKGcS9-Lg

من هو الإله الحق؟ هاشم ومنصور في حوار مع مسيحيين الجزء الثاني

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfloKsBjzM
     Reply #44 - April 23, 2022, 02:59 AM

really?

Reply #45 - April 23, 2022, 01:58 PM

The Prophets of the Old Testament such as Abraham, Noah and Jonah never preached that God is part of a Trinity, and did not believe in Jesus as their saviour. Their message was simple: there is one God and He alone deserves your worship. It doesn’t make sense that God sent Prophets for thousands of years with the same essential message, and then all of a sudden he says he is in a Trinity and that you must believe in Jesus to be saved.

The truth is that Jesus preached the same message that the Prophets in the Old Testament preached. There is a passage in the Bible which really emphasizes his core message. A man came to Jesus and asked “Which is the first commandment of all?”Jesus answered, “The first of all the commandments is Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.’’[Mark 12:28-29]. So the greatest commandment, the most important belief according to Jesus is that God is one. If Jesus was God he would have said ‘I am God, worship me’, but he didn’t. He merely repeated a verse from the Old Testament confirming that God is One.

Some people claim that Jesus came to die for the sins of the world. But consider the following statement of Jesus: This is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you sent. I have glorified you on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.[John 17:3-4]. Jesus said this before he was caught and taken to be crucified. It is clear from this verse that Jesus did not come to die for the sins of the world, as he finished the work God gave him before he was taken to be crucified.

Also Jesus said “salvation is of the Jews” [John 4:22]. So according to this we don’t need to believe in the Trinity or that Jesus died for our sins to attain salvation since the Jews don’t have these beliefs.
    5. The Early Christians

Historically there were many sects in early Christianity who had a range of beliefs regarding Jesus[1]. Some believed Jesus was God, others believed Jesus was not God but partly divine, and yet others believed he was a human being and nothing more. Trinitarian Christianity which is the belief that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one in three persons became the dominant sect of Christianity, once it was formalized as the state religion of the Roman Empire in the 4th Century. Christians who denied Jesus being God were persecuted by the Roman Authorities[2]. From this point onwards the Trinitarian belief became widespread amongst Christians. There were various movements in early Christianity which denied the Trinity, among the more well known of them is Adoptionism and Arianism.

Dr Jerald Dirks who is an expert on early Christianity had this to say on the subject: Early Christianity was quite conflicted about the issue of the nature of Jesus. The various Adoptionist positions within early Christianity were numerous and at times dominate. One can even speculate that Arian and Nestorian Christianity might well be an extremely sizable source within Christianity today, if it were not for the fact that these two branches of Christianity, which were located primarily in the middle east and in North Africa were so similar to the Islamic teaching regarding the nature of Jesus that they quite naturally were absorbed into Islam at the beginning of the seventh century.”[3]

Since there were so many sects in early Christianity, each with different beliefs about Jesus and with their own versions of the Bible, which one can we say was following the true teachings of Jesus?

It doesn’t make sense that God sends countless Prophets like Noah, Abraham and Moses to tell people to believe in one God, and then suddenly sends a radically different message of the Trinity which contradicts his previous Prophets teachings. It is clear that the sect of Christianity who believed Jesus to be a human Prophet and nothing more, were following the true teachings of Jesus. This is because their concept of God is the same as that which was taught by the Prophets in the Old Testament.
    Jesus in Islam

The Islamic belief about Jesus demystifies for us who the real Jesus was. Jesus in Islam was an extraordinary individual, chosen by God as a Prophet and sent to the Jewish people. He never preached that he himself was God or the actual son of God. He was miraculously born without a father, and he performed many amazing miracles such as healing the blind and the lepers and raising the dead – all by God’s permission. Muslims believe that Jesus will return before the day of Judgement to bring justice and peace to the world. This Islamic belief about Jesus is similar to the belief of some of the early Christians. In the Quran, God addresses the Christians about Jesus in the following way:

O People of the Book, do not commit excesses in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His Messengers and do not speak of a ‘Trinity’– stop [this], that is better for you– God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. [4:171]

Islam is not just another religion. It is the same message preached by Moses, Jesus and Abraham. Islam literally means ‘submission to God’ and it teaches us to have a direct relationship with God. It reminds us that since God created us, no one should be worshipped except God alone. It also teaches that God is nothing like a human being or like anything that we can imagine. The concept of God is summarized in the Quran as:

“Say, He is God, the One. God, the Absolute. He does not give birth, nor was He born, and there is nothing like Him.” (Quran 112:1-4)[4]

Becoming a Muslim is not turning your back to Jesus. Rather it’s going back to the original teachings of Jesus and obeying him.

Reply #46 - April 23, 2022, 07:13 PM

Christ is just a prophet

everyone that was alive when Jesus walked considered him a Prophet.

And the crowds were saying, “This is the prophet Jesus, from Nazareth in Galilee.” (Matthew 21:11)

The woman *said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.(John 4:19)

When they sought to seize Him, they feared the people, because they considered Him to be a prophet. (Matthew 21:46)

So they *said to the blind man again, “What do you say about Him, since He opened your eyes?” And he said, “He is a prophet.” (John 9:17)
    (interesting footnote, even those he gave vision to considered him a prophet)

And He said to them, “What things?” And they said to Him, “The things about Jesus the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word in the sight of God and all the people, (Luke 24:19)

Bible says that God is not man
    ‘God is not a man’ (Numbers 23:19)
    ‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9)

Jesus is called a man many times in the Bible
    ‘a man who has told you the truth’ (John 8:40)

‘Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)

‘He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed’ (Acts 17:31)

‘the man Christ Jesus’ (Tim. 2:5)
    The Bible says that Jesus denied he is God
    Jesus spoke to a man who had called him ‘good,’ asking him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.’ (Luke 18:19)

And he said to him,  ‘Why are you asking me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.’ (Matthew 19:17)

Jesus did not teach people that he was God
    If Jesus had been telling people that he was God, he would have complimented the man. Instead, Jesus rebuked him, denying he was good, that is, Jesus denied he was God.

‘My Father is greater than I’ (John 14:28)
    ‘My father is greater than all.’ (John 10:29)

Jesus can not be God if God is greater than him. The Christian belief that the Father and son are equal is in direct contrast to the clear words from Jesus.

Jesus never instructed his disciples to worship him
    When you pray, say Our Father which art in heaven.’ (Luke 11:2)

‘In that day, you shall ask me nothing. Whatsoever you ask of the Father in my name.’ (John 16:23)
    The hour cometh and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth; for the Father seeketh such to worship him.’ (John 4:23)

If Jesus was God, he would have sought worship for himself
    Since he didn’t, instead he sought worship for God in the heavens, therefore, he was not God

ALL THAT IS GOOD ..AND ALL THIS BELOW IS BAD.... and nonsense tubes dear akay so garbage should be trashed

من هو الإله الحق؟ هاشم ومنصور في حوار مع مسيحيين الجزء الأول
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZKGcS9-Lg

من هو الإله الحق؟ هاشم ومنصور في حوار مع مسيحيين الجزء الثاني

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfloKsBjzM

and as you pointed many of bible verses.. WE DON'T NEED QURAN AND WE DON'T NEED MUHAMMAD AND WE DON"T NEED JUNK HADITH.. just go back to bible books and live life as bible verses follower.. through junky Islam in trash  and and learn to read bible OT..NT and  Quran  properly in their context..

Reply #47 - April 23, 2022, 07:22 PM

The Prophets of the Old Testament such as Abraham, Noah and Jonah never preached that God is part of a Trinity, and did not believe in Jesus as their saviour. Their message was simple: there is one God and He   GOD alone deserves your worship. It doesn’t make sense that God sent Prophets for thousands of years with the same essential message, and then all of a sudden he says he is in a Trinity and that you must believe in Jesus to be saved.

The truth is that Jesus preached the same message that the Prophets in the Old Testament preached. There is a passage in the Bible which really emphasizes his core message. A man came to Jesus and asked “Which is the first commandment of all?”Jesus answered, “The first of all the commandments is Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.’’[Mark 12:28-29]. So the greatest commandment, the most important belief according to Jesus is that God is one. If Jesus was God he would have said ‘I am God, worship me’, but he didn’t. He merely repeated a verse from the Old Testament confirming that God is One.

Some people claim that Jesus came to die for the sins of the world. But consider the following statement of Jesus: This is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you sent. I have glorified you on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do.[John 17:3-4]. Jesus said this before he was caught and taken to be crucified. It is clear from this verse that Jesus did not come to die for the sins of the world, as he finished the work God gave him before he was taken to be crucified.

Also Jesus said “salvation is of the Jews” [John 4:22]. So according to this we don’t need to believe in the Trinity or that Jesus died for our sins to attain salvation since the Jews don’t have these beliefs.
    5. The Early Christians

Historically there were many sects in early Christianity who had a range of beliefs regarding Jesus[1]. Some believed Jesus was God, others believed Jesus was not God but partly divine, and yet others believed he was a human being and nothing more. Trinitarian Christianity which is the belief that God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one in three persons became the dominant sect of Christianity, once it was formalized as the state religion of the Roman Empire in the 4th Century. Christians who denied Jesus being God were persecuted by the Roman Authorities[2]. From this point onwards the Trinitarian belief became widespread amongst Christians. There were various movements in early Christianity which denied the Trinity, among the more well known of them is Adoptionism and Arianism.

Dr Jerald Dirks who is an expert on early Christianity had this to say on the subject: Early Christianity was quite conflicted about the issue of the nature of Jesus. The various Adoptionist positions within early Christianity were numerous and at times dominate. One can even speculate that Arian and Nestorian Christianity might well be an extremely sizable source within Christianity today, if it were not for the fact that these two branches of Christianity, which were located primarily in the middle east and in North Africa were so similar to the Islamic teaching regarding the nature of Jesus that they quite naturally were absorbed into Islam at the beginning of the seventh century.”[3]

Since there were so many sects in early Christianity, each with different beliefs about Jesus and with their own versions of the Bible, which one can we say was following the true teachings of Jesus?

It doesn’t make sense that God sends countless Prophets like Noah, Abraham and Moses to tell people to believe in one God, and then suddenly sends a radically different message of the Trinity which contradicts his previous Prophets teachings. It is clear that the sect of Christianity who believed Jesus to be a human Prophet and nothing more, were following the true teachings of Jesus. This is because their concept of God is the same as that which was taught by the Prophets in the Old Testament.
    Jesus in Islam

The Islamic belief about Jesus demystifies for us who the real Jesus was. Jesus in Islam was an extraordinary individual, chosen by God as a Prophet and sent to the Jewish people. He never preached that he himself was God or the actual son of God. He was miraculously born without a father, and he performed many amazing miracles such as healing the blind and the lepers and raising the dead – all by God’s permission. Muslims believe that Jesus will return before the day of Judgement to bring justice and peace to the world. This Islamic belief about Jesus is similar to the belief of some of the early Christians. In the Quran, God addresses the Christians about Jesus in the following way:

O People of the Book, do not commit excesses in your religion, and do not say anything about God except the truth: the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, was nothing more than a messenger of God, His word, directed to Mary and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His Messengers and do not speak of a ‘Trinity’– stop [this], that is better for you– God is only one God, He is far above having a son, everything in the heavens and earth belongs to Him and He is the best one to trust. [4:171]

Islam is not just another religion. It is the same message preached by Moses, Jesus and Abraham. Islam literally means ‘submission to God’ and it teaches us to have a direct relationship with God. It reminds us that since God created us, no one should be worshipped except God alone. It also teaches that God is nothing like a human being or like anything that we can imagine. The concept of God is summarized COPY/PASTEDin the Quran as:

“Say, He GOD is God, the One. God, the Absolute. He GOD   does not give birth, nor was He GOD   born, and there is nothing like Him GOD .” (Quran 112:1-4)[4]

ALL THAT ABOVE IS GOOD AND ALL THAT YOU PUT BELOW IS JUNK

Becoming a Muslim is not turning your back to Jesus. Rather it’s going back to the original teachings of Jesus and obeying him.

And GOD IS NOT "HE".. the dick head... God should never be called "he".. GOD IS JUST GOD.. NO GENDER

Reply #48 - April 24, 2022, 12:36 PM

The Torah in the time of the Prophet Moses, peace be upon him, is in agreement with the Qur’an
    the Gospel in the time of Prophet jesus, peace be upon him, is consistent with the Qur’an

but now

According to Islam, both the Torah and the New Testament have been corrupted.

So God sent the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, with the Qur’an to correct the distortion

For example, in the Torah, God curses Adam and Eve for their disobedience and gives all women birth pains as punishment. In the Qur’an he forgives them when they repent

In the Qur’an, God forbids alcohol, immorality, usury, gambling, eating pork, worshiping man, and considering him as a god.
    All this is done by Jews and Christians
    And contrary to the teachings of the Qur’an
    The Qur’an discourages interest in the content of distorted books that oppose it

Jewish scholars and rabbis not only interpreted the Torah parallel to their own understanding in the matters they could not find certain answers, but also added the texts they approved and removed certain parts. Consequently, those additions and deletions made the real Torah unidentifiable.

A similar kind of distortion is also in the Gospel. Christian priests added their own understandings of religion, their own interpretations and fancy ideas into Allah's Word, the Gospel and thus made that divine book almost unrecognizable. The Qur'an explains those ugly distortions by the Jewish and the Christian religious functionaries of divine scriptures this way: “O you who believe! Many among the rabbis and monks do indeed consume the wealth of people in legally invalid, wrongful ways (such as changing the Book's commandments in return for worldly benefit, bribery, and using religion as a means of worldly gain) and bar them from God's way.” (At-Taubah, 9:34).

As is understood from that verse, certain rabbis and priests changed the verses in divine scriptures in exchange for worldly gains or interpreted them according to their own fancy. They especially distorted the verses about the prophethood of Muhammad, peace and blessings upon him, and tried to destroy the verses of the Scripture which give the good news of the coming of Prophet Muhammad after Prophet Jesus, peace and blessing upon them.

Those rabbis and priests did not suffice with it; they claimed that the additions they inserted into divine scriptures were the original text. Thus, those rabbis' and priests' philosophy of history, explanation, interpretation, and their views in other branches of knowledge entered the Collection of the Scripture and thus became almost a part of the Word of Allah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or7yo5tj40Y..
     Reply #49 - April 24, 2022, 06:53 PM

looks like eid will be next monday - so your stupid copy-paste posts will finally end, right?

Reply #50 - April 25, 2022, 01:35 PM

Not copy-paste

but clarifying the facts that you know

God will ask you about your belief in the One God, the God of Jesus, Muhammad and all the prophets, peace be upon them.

Why were you stubborn and did not believe in one God?

Because you will cry like this man instead of ordinary tears you will cry blood

Don't continue your stubbornness before it's too late

God says in the Qur’an

(116) Indeed, Allāh does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allāh has certainly gone far astray.

(91) Indeed, those who disbelieve and die while they are disbelievers - never would the [whole] capacity of the earth in gold be accepted from one of them if he would [seek to] ransom himself with it. For those there will be a painful punishment, and they will have no helpers.

(159) Indeed, those who conceal what We sent down of clear proofs and guidance after We made it clear for the people in the Scripture - those are cursed by Allāh and cursed by those who curse,[58] [58]- From among the angels and the believers.

And concealing what God revealed involves concealing what He revealed, not mentioning it to people, removing it from its place and placing something else in its place.

with distorting it with corrupt interpretation of its correct meaning in keeping with whims, and the People of the Book, especially the Jews, did all of that. They knew from the verses before them that the message of Muhammad,  and peace be upon him, is true,

but they concealed this knowledge out of envy for what God had given him of His bounty, just as they distorted the word of God   

مسيحي يتحدى المسلمين أن يروه نبوءات لسيدنا محمد فجاءه الرد
    A Christian challenges Muslims to show him the prophecies of our Master Muhammad, so the response came to him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HfurAzuj-A

Reply #51 - April 25, 2022, 01:49 PM

The Torah in the time of the Prophet Moses, peace be upon him, is in agreement with the Qur’an

GOOD then let us go back to Torah of the times of the Prophet Moses.,  So, WE DO NOT NEED REST OF QURAN.. THROW IT IN TO DUSTBIN

the Gospel in the time of Prophet jesus, peace be upon him, is consistent with the Qur’an

GOOD...GOOD then let us go back to  Gospel in the time of Prophet Jesus.,  again , WE DO NOT NEED  REST OF QURAN.. THROW IT IN TO DUSTBIN

but now

According to Islam, both the Torah and the New Testament have been corrupted.

No..noooo.  nope ., NO ISLAM... noooo to Islam., DONOT TALK ISLAM OF MULLAHS AND IMAM IDIOTS..   Say "According to Quran" .. then we can talk dear akay

So God sent the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, with the Qur’an to correct the distortion

OK.., So LET US ONLY CORRECT THOSE DISTORTIONS and throw the rest of sayings of Quran  in to dustbin

For example, in the Torah, God curses Adam and Eve for their disobedience and gives all women birth pains as punishment. In the Qur’an he forgives them when they repent

which verse in what surah??  Let us keep that .. rest trash it...
    In the Qur’an, God forbids alcohol, immorality, usury, gambling, eating pork, worshiping man, and considering him as a god.

All this is done by Jews and Christians

who cares about those idiots who do not follow their faith books., AGAIN VERSE AND SURAH number 

And contrary to the teachings of the Qur’an
    The Qur’an discourages interest in the content of distorted books that oppose it

good ..,  What verse? which surah and what does bible OT/NT say on that??

Jewish scholars and rabbis not only interpreted the Torah parallel to their own understanding in the matters they could not find certain answers, but also added the texts they approved and removed certain parts. Consequently, those additions and deletions made the real Torah unidentifiable.

That is rubbish and nonsense UNLESS YOU PUT THOSE VERSES from OT/NT and their correction in Quran verses., 

A similar kind of distortion is also in the Gospel. Christian priests added their own understandings of religion, their own interpretations and fancy ideas into Allah's Word, the Gospel and thus made that divine book almost unrecognizable. The Qur'an explains those ugly distortions by the Jewish and the Christian religious functionaries of divine scriptures this way:
    “O you who believe! Many among the rabbis and monks do indeed consume the wealth of people in legally invalid, wrongful ways (such as changing the Book's commandments in return for worldly benefit, bribery, and using religion as a means of worldly gain) and bar them from God's way.” (At-Taubah, 9:34)

that is again nonsense unless you put those verses from OT/NT and their corrections from  Quran
    As is understood from that verse, certain rabbis and priests changed the verses in divine scriptures in exchange for worldly gains or interpreted them according to their own fancy. They especially distorted the verses about the prophethood of Muhammad, peace and blessings upon him, and tried to destroy the verses of the Scripture which give the good news of the coming of Prophet Muhammad after Prophet Jesus, peace and blessing upon them.

Those rabbis and priests did not suffice with it; they claimed that the additions they inserted into divine scriptures were the original text. Thus, those rabbis' and priests' philosophy of history, explanation, interpretation, and their views in other branches of knowledge entered the Collection of the Scripture and thus became almost a part of the Word of Allah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or7yo5tj40Y..

GARBAGE STOP WRITING NONSENSE.. start reading scriptures.. Quran.. OT and NT...

Now folks from India joins the group as apostates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGVzORT2yxU

Those guys from India Bangladesh are MUCH SMARTER than western scholars .. they are ripping everything apart dear akay... and they are talking help of hindus.. we are in to more troubles in these tough internet times    so watch that video dear akay ..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #52 - April 25, 2022, 02:19 PM

Looking back, what seems strange to me now is not that people would wish to embody Jesus’ values, but that others would criticize them for it. What seems even stranger is that few Christians, in the modern day, match this profile. is that Muslims seemed to embody Jesus’ values better than Christians.

1. Jesus was bearded, as are most Muslims, but only the rare Christian.

2. Jesus dressed modestly. If we close our eyes and form a mental picture, we see flowing robes, from wrists to ankles—much like the loose Arabian thobes and the Indio-Pakistani shalwar kameez, typical of the Muslims of those areas. What we don’t imagine is the revealing or seductive clothing so ubiquitous in Christian cultures.

3. Jesus’ mother covered her hair, and this practice was maintained among the Christian women of the Holy Land up to the middle of the twentieth century. Again, this is a practice maintained among Muslims as well as Orthodox Jews (of which Jesus was one), but not among modern day Christians.
    Manners

1. Jesus focused upon salvation and eschewed finery. How many “righteous” Christians fit this “It’s not just on Sundays” profile? Now how many “five prayers a day, every day of the year” Muslims?

2. Jesus spoke with humility and kindness. He didn’t “showboat.” When we think of his speeches, we don’t imagine theatrics. He was a simple man known for quality and truth. How many preachers and how many evangelists follow this example?

3. Jesus taught his disciples to offer the greeting of “Peace” (Luke 10:5), and then set the example: “Peace be with you” (Luke 24:36, John 20:19, John 20:21, John 20:26). Who continues this practice to this day, Christians or Muslims? “Peace be with you” is the meaning of the Muslim greeting, “Assalam alaikum.” Interestingly enough, we find this greeting in Judaism as well (Genesis 43:23, Numbers 6:26, Judges 6:23, I Samuel 1:17 and I Samuel 25:6).
    Religious Practices

1. Jesus was circumcised (Luke 2:21). Paul taught it wasn’t necessary (Rom 4:11 and Gal 5:2). Muslims believe it is.

2. Jesus didn’t eat pork, in keeping with Old Testament law (Leviticus 11:7 and Deuteronomy 14:. Muslims also believe pork is forbidden. Christians … well, you get the idea.

3. Jesus didn’t give or take usury, in compliance with the Old Testament prohibition (Exodus 22:25). Usury is forbidden in the Old Testament and the Quran, as it was forbidden in the religion of Jesus. The economies of most Christian countries, however, are structured upon usury.

4. Jesus didn’t fornicate, and abstained from extramarital contact with women. Now, this issue extends to the least physical contact with the opposite sex. With the exception of performing religious rituals and helping those in need, Jesus never even touched a woman other than his mother. Strictly practicing Orthodox Jews maintain this practice to this day in observance of Old Testament law. Likewise, practicing Muslims don’t even shake hands between the sexes. Can Christian “hug your neighbor” and “kiss the bride” congregations make the same claim?
    Practices of Worship

1. Jesus purified himself with washing prior to prayer, as was the practice of the pious prophets who preceded him (see Exodus 40:31-32 in reference to Moses and Aaron), and as is the practice of Muslims.

2. Jesus prayed in prostration (Matthew 26:39), like the other prophets (see Nehemiah 8:6 with regard to Ezra and the people, Joshua 5:14 for Joshua, Genesis 17:3 and 24:52 for Abraham, Exodus 34:8 and Numbers 20:6 for Moses and Aaron). Who prays like that, Christians or Muslims?

3. Jesus fasted for more than a month at a time (Matthew 4:2 and Luke 4:2), as did the pious before him (Exodus 34:28, I Kings 19:, and as do Muslims in the annual fast of the month of Ramadan.

4. Jesus made pilgrimage for the purpose of worship, as all Orthodox Jews aspire to do. The Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca is well known, and is alluded to in the Bible (see The First and Final Commandment).
    Matters of Creed

1. Jesus taught the oneness of God (Mark 12:29-30, Matthew 22:37 and Luke 10:27), as conveyed in the first commandment (Exodus 20:3). Nowhere did he declare the Trinity.

2. Jesus declared himself a man and a prophet of God (see above), and nowhere claimed divinity or divine sonship. Which creed are the above points more consistent with—the Trinitarian formula or the absolute monotheism of Islam?

One wonders what happened between the practices of the first generation of Jesus’ followers and the Christians of modern day. At the same time, we have to respect the fact that Muslims exemplify Jesus’ teachings more than Christians do. Furthermore, we should remember that the Old Testament foretold three prophets to follow. John the Baptist and Jesus Christ were numbers one and two, and Jesus Christ himself predicted the third and last. Hence, both Old and New Testaments speak of a final prophet, and we would be amiss if we didn’t consider that final prophet to be Muhammad, and the final revelation to be that of Islam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXNQ4Z1B44g
     Reply #53 - April 26, 2022, 12:59 PM

Looking back, what seems strange to me now is …

:-|

Reply #54 - April 27, 2022, 11:46 AM

When the Muslims ruled Europe - BBC Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5vuTpN4WUI
     Reply #55 - April 29, 2022, 04:30 AM

When the Muslims ruled Europe - BBC Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5vuTpN4WUI

great .. SHE IS A FOOL or the heading the misleading

and this is for you dear akay  ..HERE IS  Lev Tahor  for you anoter type Abrahamic faith
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m95BTIEpvOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsW5BNQmY8c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHVQK8JcTbU

Reply #56 - April 29, 2022, 10:29 PM

When the Muslims ruled

snooker?

Reply #57 - April 30, 2022, 12:13 AM

The pope himself threw in a word of caution.  As a serious and renowned theologian, he could not afford to falsify written texts.  Therefore, he admitted that the Quran specifically forbade the spreading of the faith by force.  He quoted the second Sura, verse 256 (strangely fallible, for a pope, he meant verse 257) which says:
    “There must be no coercion in matters of faith.”

How can one ignore such an unequivocal statement?  The Pope simply argues that this commandment was laid down by the prophet when he was at the beginning of his career, still weak and powerless, but that later on he ordered the use of the sword in the service of the faith.  Such an order does not exist in the Quran.  True, Muhammad called for the use of the sword in his war against opposing tribes - Christian, Jewish and others - in Arabia, when he was building his state.  But that was a political act, not a religious one; basically a fight for territory, not for the spreading of the faith.

Jesus said: “You will recognize them by their fruits.”  The treatment of other religions by Islam must be judged by a simple test: How did the Muslim rulers behave for more than a thousand years, when they had the power to “spread the faith by the sword”?
    Well, they just did not.
    For many centuries, the Muslims ruled Greece.  Did the Greeks become Muslims?  Did anyone even try to Islamize them?  On the contrary, Christian Greeks held the highest positions in the Ottoman administration.  The Bulgarians, Serbs, Romanians, Hungarians and other European nations lived at one time or another under Ottoman rule and clung to their Christian faith.  Nobody compelled them to become Muslims and all of them remained devoutly Christian.

True, the Albanians did convert to Islam, and so did the Bosniaks.  But nobody argues that they did this under duress.  They adopted Islam in order to become favorites of the government and enjoy the fruits.
    In 1099, the Crusaders conquered Jerusalem and massacred its Muslim and Jewish inhabitants indiscriminately, in the name of the gentle Jesus.  At that time, 400 years into the occupation of Palestine by the Muslims, Christians were still the majority in the country.  Throughout this long period, no effort was made to impose Islam on them.  Only after the expulsion of the Crusaders from the country, did the majority of the inhabitants start to adopt the Arabic language and the Muslim faith - and they were the forefathers of most of today’s Palestinians.

There is no evidence whatsoever of any attempt to impose Islam on the Jews.  As is well known, under Muslim rule the Jews of Spain enjoyed a bloom the like of which the Jews did not enjoy anywhere else until almost our time.  Poets like Yehuda Halevy wrote in Arabic, as did the great Maimonides.  In Muslim Spain, Jews were ministers, poets, scientists.  In Muslim Toledo, Christian, Jewish and Muslim scholars worked together and translated the ancient Greek philosophical and scientific texts.  That was, indeed, the Golden Age.  How would this have been possible, had the Prophet decreed the “spreading of the faith by the sword”?

What happened afterwards is even more telling.  When the Catholics re-conquered Spain from the Muslims, they instituted a reign of religious terror.  The Jews and the Muslims were presented with a cruel choice: to become Christians, to be massacred or to leave.  And where did the hundreds of thousand of Jews, who refused to abandon their faith, escape?  Almost all of them were received with open arms in the Muslim countries.  The Sephardi (“Spanish”) Jews settled all over the Muslim world, from Morocco in the west to Iraq in the east, from Bulgaria (then part of the Ottoman Empire) in the north to Sudan in the south.  Nowhere were they persecuted.  They knew nothing like the tortures of the Inquisition, the flames of the auto-da-fe, the pogroms, the terrible mass-expulsions that took place in almost all Christian countries, up to the Holocaust.

Why?  Because Islam expressly prohibited any persecution of the “peoples of the book”[1].  In Islamic society, a special place was reserved for Jews and Christians.  They did not enjoy completely equal rights, but almost.  They had to pay a special poll-tax, but were exempted from military service - a trade-off that was quite welcome to many Jews.  It has been said that Muslim rulers frowned upon any attempt to convert Jews to Islam even by gentle persuasion - because it entailed the loss of taxes[2].

Every honest Jew who knows the history of his people cannot but feel a deep sense of gratitude to Islam, which has protected the Jews for fifty generations, while the Christian world persecuted the Jews and tried many times “by the sword” to get them to abandon their faith.
    The story about “spreading the faith by the sword” is an evil legend, one of the myths that grew up in Europe during the great wars against the Muslims - the reconquista of Spain by the Christians, the Crusades and the repulsion of the Turks, who almost conquered Vienna.  I suspect that the German Pope, too, honestly believes in these fables.  That means that the leader of the Catholic world, who is a Christian theologian in his own right, did not make the effort to study the history of other religions.

Why did he utter these words in public?  And why now?
    There is no escape from viewing them against the background of the new Crusade of Bush and his evangelist supporters, with his slogans of “Islamofascism” and the “Global War on Terrorism” - when “terrorism” has become a synonym for Muslims.  For Bush’s handlers, this is a cynical attempt to justify the domination of the world’s oil resources.  Not for the first time in history, a religious robe is spread to cover the nakedness of economic interests; not for the first time, a robbers’ expedition becomes a Crusade.
    The speech of the Pope blends into this effort.  Who can foretell the dire consequences?[3]

أحمد ديدات يصعق أنيس شورروش بخصوص انتشار الاسلام بحد السيف مترجم
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52OpmjfA1wM
     Reply #58 - April 30, 2022, 12:28 AM

It has been said that Muslim rulers frowned upon any attempt to convert Jews to Islam even by gentle persuasion - because it entailed the loss of taxes

lol do you even read the nonsense you paste?

Reply #59 - April 30, 2022, 02:55 AM

This is not nonsense, because the Jews are only interested in Judaism and do not preach their religion in the world like Christians, and someone rarely changes his religion.

The wisdom behind the tax/jizyah paid by non-Muslims to the Islamic state was fairness. This is for two reasons:

First, Muslims were paying zakah (the annual charity) to the Islamic state, which was used for all sorts of services and social welfare. Zakah is an Islamic act of worship, but it is only for Muslims. It was fair to make non-Muslim citizens of the same state pay a similar (in fact, smaller) amount as a tax, since zakah is not taken from them as it is taken from Muslims.Jizyah was calculated in different ways throughout different eras (a certain amount of money, certain percentage of the crops, etc), but it was consistently less than the zakah, which every Muslim had to pay anyway.

In addition to that, this tax was paid in exchange of protection of these non-Muslim communities (i.e., military protection) and exemption of their men from joining the Islamic army.

https://archive.islamonline.net/706
    Why do non-muslims have to pay Jizyah tax under Islamic ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6g9ohG-784
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »