Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Gaza assault
by zeca
Today at 11:14 AM

Eid Al-Adha
by akay
Today at 05:39 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 10:58 AM

Jesus mythicism
by zeca
June 15, 2024, 10:14 AM

Qur'anic studies today
June 15, 2024, 06:33 AM

BBC Documentary: Searchin...
by zeca
June 13, 2024, 12:55 PM

France Muslims were in d...
by zeca
June 13, 2024, 10:52 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 11, 2024, 09:35 PM

New Britain
June 10, 2024, 09:25 PM

What happens in these day...
by akay
June 08, 2024, 12:12 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
June 07, 2024, 12:47 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 08:08 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: What's happened to the forums?

(Read 1296 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What's happened to the forums?
     OP - February 05, 2024, 07:24 PM

N/A everywhere?
     Reply #1 - February 09, 2024, 12:19 PM

N/A everywhere?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy ..  That is how AMRIKEE & LONDONI rulers work in these internet age  dear Ward_End .,  they eliminated everything that was written in many forums and that goes to forums such as CEMB .. faith freedom international etc...

well it is easy to dump all the data of such forums  in to trash ... but hard disks are there .. data is stored .,  closing forums such as this is not a big deal  but watch these propaganda..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OCnNshhqZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=behj-Cs2cvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abgMEWKje4g

..Evgenia Kara-Murza,   ... ha!  .. Kara-Murza,.. right ,,well Englandi..  Amirikee whated to control Putin with these tartars ..  and Putin shoved everything back in to their ass. with just ONE INTERVIEW

and all that propaganda is just because of this interview..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOCWBhuDdDo

Damn that is 2 hrs .. and I tell you,  Western leaders are pooping in their pants because of that interview 

so guys watch it .. forget Islam and its history  but learn how to use Islam to meet YOUR NEEDS IN THIS 21 st century.  AMRIKEE TRIED VERY HARD to dismantle Russia with Islamist rogues.

Anyways this is probably my LAST POST HERE  dear Ward_End... 

with best wishes to you all
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

a long outage, maybe several weeks? saved from the brink this time...
     Reply #3 - April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

I wasn't really expecting it to come back this time.
     Reply #4 - April 27, 2024, 12:30 PM

my reply has gone missing so still not out of the woods...
     Reply #5 - May 22, 2024, 05:58 AM

Some years ago long term members and staff felt the forum was dying. They felt places with this format was a thing of the past, despite things like discord and reddit clearly showing that wasn't the case. Then there was a break while the site got updated, and most staff felt that was it and left.

I wasn't really expecting it to come back this time.

If new people are appointed as mods/admins, it'll come back. We know that because people keep finding us and joining. Lack of responses is why this place seems a ghost forum.

Anyways this is probably my LAST POST HERE

Noooooooo!

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #6 - May 26, 2024, 01:14 PM

but it is a ghost forum.

it would be nice if the management can confirm when they plan to discontinue it rather than leaving it in this abandoned, semi functional state.

can use the meantime to figure out where to go next - I'm guessing some went to facebook groups about a decade ago? things like reddit/discord/etc appear to be american chat shops rather than UK specific. I have been meaning to use twitter to try find like-minded types but the idiot ratio is quite high there.

talking of twitter, have you seen the cemb posts recently? it's mostly stuff related to iran. seems fair enough but the b stands for britain, right? I want to hear criticism of shit heads in the UK, not fucking iran/pakistan/saudi.

and who is actually talking about stupid british muslims except racists and right wing politicians? come on, we need a platform for local disaffected people to speak out against their messed up communities - not because we hate them but because we want to change them.

also, relating to the comment about needing more admin/mods: my response is fuck gatekeepers. we don't need any more community leaders dammit!
     Reply #7 - May 27, 2024, 07:46 PM

I want to hear criticism of shit heads in the UK, not fucking iran/pakistan/saudi.

and who is actually talking about stupid british muslims except racists and right wing politicians?

Just curious, why do you think the conversation is only being had amongst racists and right wingers?
     Reply #8 - May 27, 2024, 10:53 PM

asking "why do you think the sky is blue" without offering any argument against the blinding obvious is a bit lacking lol.

broadcast and social media is full of idiotic chat about muslims in britain - present me with proof of similar levels of conversations from non idiots in the UK.

... there is none! there is no significant number of people having a sensible chat that isn't rooted in idiotic racism.
     Reply #9 - May 27, 2024, 11:04 PM

I think you've misunderstood me (or I might have phrased the question improperly). Why do you think the non right wing people and politicians aren't vocal?
     Reply #10 - May 27, 2024, 11:26 PM

my mistake but I'll keep rant mode on!

there are no public role models talking sense and therefore nothing to coalesce around.

you'd think grassroots organisations would take advantage of this gap but either they're irrelevant or don't exist!
     Reply #11 - June 02, 2024, 06:12 AM

crumble:

I never said it wasn't a ghost forum, merely gave my thoughts as to why. I was not mentioning staff in the role of gatekeepers in the modern sense, as the understanding of gatekeepers has chanced in the last ten years. The CEMB mods/admins were actually the best I've ever come across. You could debate them, disagree with them, outright challenge them, and so as long as you weren't a cunt, they were fine with it.

They were gatekeepers in precisely the manner you seem to want. I'm sure you've browsed the forum and come across the exact same racists and right-wingers you decry, and seem exactly the response to them. I think it compliments the sentiments well with criticisms in your last post (racists and right-wingers). The staff (and regular posters as well) were very good at keeping this place exactly that, as well as offering role models that kept this site free from becoming a cesspit.

CEMB has always been very cliche, in a very good way. Discussion and debate has always been a thing, bigotry has not. The staff were excellent at drawing the line. Though that said, I can't reply to your twitter/facebook comment since I'm not on those sites.

As to your other comment, I do feel some nuance may be required.

Have you ever met a convert? If you have, I'm sure that you've noticed that they tend to be more muslim than muslim. It's like they're making up for lost time. And there's a reason for that. When you convert to a religion, it's like your eyes are open for the very first time. You feel you're actually seeing the world as it is for the first time, and it's so blindingly obvious, you just want to grab people by the shoulders and shake them and say "How can you not see this?"

The experience of leaving a religion is very much the same as joining one. Ex-muslims (and anyone else leaving a religion or ideology) are going through the convert experience. Everything suddenly falls into place, everything suddenly makes sense. This is the reason many fall into the "shit head" category. Eventually, you get over it.

Not that I'm condoning bigotry, mind. I'm actually in complete agreement with you here. We do need a platform, not because of hate, but for the need to change.

Though I hope this forum is never discontinued, if it is, I would like the posts/topics to be archived, as the information on CEMB is probably the best islamic information in the entire English speaking world. Probably beyond.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »