Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 01:18 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
October 03, 2024, 12:57 PM

New Britain
October 02, 2024, 07:07 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 29, 2024, 07:32 AM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Women in Islam are in a lose lose situation!

(Read 12633 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Women in Islam are in a lose lose situation!
     Reply #30 - August 10, 2009, 06:02 AM

Why does that video play the same clip 3 times?

Wait, never mind.

That is called Brain-washing!

Reply #31 - August 10, 2009, 06:39 AM

I was talking with my friend the other day about Islam and women and we came to a conclusion that Muslim women are definitely in a lose lose situation. Partly if not in whole, they are to blame. Here are why we reached that conclusion!

1- They have to follow a dress code, as they have to cover up their body from head to toe. While it is OK for men to go in Shorts and T-shirts.

They did not protest this early on in Islam.

2- Prophet Mohamed says they are lacking in brain and in Religion.

They did not grab that as an excuse and run naked and do whatever they wish to do and if told off they just say: Allah made us with less brain and less religion.

3- Prophet Mohamed says the majority of Hell's residence are women.

They did not protest that.

4- Women who are fortunate and go to heaven, they get to watch their husbands shag 72 virgin girls in heaven.

They did not ask why they can't have 72 sexy young men in heaven.

5- They don't inherit as much as their male counterparts.

6- They testify in pairs, as one man testimony is equivalent to 2 women in Islamic courts!

7- They are not allowed to travel without a male companion.

8- They can not pray in mosques alongside men. They have to go to the very back of the mosque or preferably they pray at home with the children.

9- Men allowed to marry 4 women, and women can not marry 4 men!

10- Men allowed by Quran to hit women.

11- Women can not marry someone without the permission of her father or brother or a male gardian.

12- Women can only marry muslims, men do not have to

13- A nation headed by a woman shall never succeed

14- The worst sin and distraction from virtue that I have left for man is woman

15- If I have commanded kneeling for somebody, I would command a woman to kneel for her husband

16- The husband has the right to have sex with his wife even if she is above the camel

17- A woman shall not fast without the permission of her husband

If you have more points that show woman in a lose lose situation please feel free to continue with the list!

Women are as much to blame for the misogyny in Islam as the men. They perpetuate the rigid patriarchal system that imprisons them and other muslim women because they are used to it, because they are brainwashed into thinking their lot in life is to be good little slaves to god and his men.

Just like muslim men, muslim women are trapped inside the dogma they were raised in, believing it to be the only truth, the unquestionable, righteous path. The more ignorant you are, the better Muslim you'll make. The difference is that while muslim men get to enjoy the perks Islam gives them (multiple wives, higher status than women, ownership rights over wives and children, financial independence, wearing whatever they want, etc.), muslim women are second class citizens in the Islamic world. They are disempowered and tend to find their power vicariously by propping up the men around them, which of course works great for the their muslim fathers, husbands, brothers and sons. Muslim women also seem to have little to no concern for other women. Their only semblance of power comes from being submissive little slaves to muslim men and to cooperate with men to subjugate other women.

Thus you have mothers who raise sons with a lot more freedom and attention than they raise their daughters, women who push their sons and brothers to be stricter with their wives, to marry multiple women, etc. All this is just part of muslim women's lives because they believe they are muslim first and women second. This is also why feminism in Islam doesn't take hold until a woman becomes secularized, or totally irreligious. But then, of course, other traditional muslim men and women stop listening to her.

The only way to be a muslim woman is to accept that you are a slave to god and to god's men, from mohammed on down to your husband. Why more women don't apostate more than men, I'm still trying to figure out, but I would guess that women have been so used to being lower in status, they've adapted to it. Plus, women are generally more concerned about community reputation "what will others think" partly because they want their children to be protected and admired in their communities.

Plus, women are raised from a very young age to be demure, subdued, quiet, submissive, polite, and non-confrontational. Unlike boys whose curiosity and rebellion are encouraged and often rewarded, the same traits are discouraged, mocked and denounced in girls. As a result, many women grow up never learning how to respect their own points of view, how to demand respect and how to question authority. Islam also discourages women from being financially independent, by giving her less in inheritance, by encouraging early marriages and lots of breeding. Thus, women when they become biologically and hormonally attached to protecting their kids end up accepting their "fate" however bad it might be, with abusive husbands, polygyny etc. Those women who happen to be in happy muslim marriages also tend to disregard that they got lucky but that their religion allows their husbands to exercise an immense amount of power over them. In general, I find the state of muslim women to be truly sad - they are suffering from a kind of stockholm syndrome, identifying with their oppressors.

Ultimately, every oppressive man was raised under the roof of a woman who has no idea who she is as a woman, only that she is a creature of lesser status in her religion and that's something she's learned to live with by various means of adaptation.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #32 - August 10, 2009, 07:07 AM

The more ignorant you are, the better Muslim you'll make.

Spot on Allat! Spot on.... And we have Kope to prove it! grin12
    All those 17 facts are right there infront of his nose and he could not see them! idiot2

Reply #33 - August 10, 2009, 08:07 AM

There are exceptions, relatively speaking. My maternal grandmother was considered ahead of her time, she fought with her husband to at least let one of their daughters attend university, something that was not seen as necessary or good for girls in Pakistan in the 50's and 60's (for many Pakistanis, it still isn't.) But she was herself a victim of domestic abuse most of her life, yet she instilled devout religious beliefs in all her kids. My mother is a very strong person as well, but she was a victim of domestic abuse from as far back as I can remember, abuse that's sanctified in the quran and hadiths, yet she eventually left my father not for beating her up during the first half of their marriage, but for wanting her to give up Islam (he's an agnostic-deist) in the 2nd half of it. How ironic is that?

I find this pattern across the board especially among Pakistani Muslims, but amongst many other Muslim women as well. This victim+carrier model of the same disease of oppression and dogma is something to be studied at length.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #34 - August 10, 2009, 08:13 AM

This is something that has always puzzled me about male supremacy. I can see what men get out of it, but I'm damned if I can see what the other half of the population get out of it and why any of them would support it.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #35 - August 10, 2009, 08:22 AM

Cuz we're generally physically stronger and can beat them if they give us any lip?

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #36 - August 10, 2009, 08:30 AM

They can always get you with a 4x2 when you're asleep, so that argument doesn't work.

Reply #37 - August 10, 2009, 08:31 AM

This is something that has always puzzled me about male supremacy. I can see what men get out of it, but I'm damned if I can see what the other half of the population get out of it and why any of them would support it.

Yup... it's a fascinating phenomenon of human nature that we'll adapt to almost anything, even complete slavery, in order to survive. Women are often their own enemies, look at Sarah Palin and Phyllis Schlafly.

But it's high time that women from muslim backgrounds woke up too, and started to make their dissent open and public. So far, all I've seen are muslim women who want to reform islam, soften its harshness and make it more pliable to them, mostly by reinterpreting the quran (often going completely against other, recognized translations), or by claiming that allah is actually female (it's true, I know muslims who actually say that), or by incorporating sufi, hindu, buddhist and pagan beliefs and practices into an islamic framework. I don't have a problem with these on their own, except that they are usually vacuous, intellectually flimsy attempts at "squaring the circle". But I don't think we can hope for much more than good reform in Islam - maybe it'll become a benign tumor like christianity, instead of a full blown cancer.

Reply #38 - August 10, 2009, 08:43 AM

In the past (and the present in places) they also depended on men for food and such, how would they get by without us? We kept them ignorant and dependent, with few exceptions. We weren't all that bad to them (hence not too many 2X4's employed), they just weren't equal. "Shh, men are speaking." Grin

Reply #39 - August 10, 2009, 08:46 AM

Cuz we're generally physically stronger and can beat them if they give us any lip?

That's the general idea, yep. However, an average woman can overpower an average man if she knows what she's doing. But women are not taught to fight back against abusers or defend themselves physically. Society teaches men that they are the aggressors and it teaches women that they are to play the damsel in distress role. It's a whole big charade because men have feelings and vulnerabilities too and a woman armed with the right knowledge (and/or a weapon) does not have to be victimized. It's all part and parcel of the great human drama that the apparatus between our legs determines what we are "supposed" to do, be, act like. Not all men are alike and not all women are alike. In Islamic cultures, these gender roles are just etched in stone and dogma disallows innovation so these societies haven't progressed much in terms of gender equality.

Reply #40 - August 10, 2009, 08:54 AM

In the past (and the present in places) they also depended on men for food and such, how would they get by without us? We kept them ignorant and dependent, with few exceptions. We weren't all that bad to them (hence not too many 2X4's employed), they just weren't equal. "Shh, men are speaking." Grin

ORLY? In the past, as in most hunter-gatherer societies, the majority of food is usually provided by the women. The men go off hunting and bring in extra protein, but they aint the sole providers by any stretch of the imagination. If you move to an agricultural society there's even less need for blokes, because anyone can steer a couple of cows hauling a plough. So the argument that "men provided food" doesn't work. You're talking abut a situation after a particular type of society has evolved, and that says nothing about how or why it evolved in the first place.

Reply #41 - August 10, 2009, 08:55 AM

meh, ok. I was just speculating Tongue.

Reply #42 - August 10, 2009, 09:01 AM

Exactly!!! I can never understand how they put up with such God or religion!

Reply #43 - August 23, 2009, 02:46 PM

just came across this video , sorry its in arabic , But it`s worth watching , i wish we can have an english version of that ..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8151257738054243369

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأن محمدآ عبده ورسوله
     Reply #44 - August 23, 2009, 03:03 PM

Thanks, I will be watching it later... Insha Al-Time! LOL

Reply #45 - August 23, 2009, 03:37 PM

Because historically they have always been followers and comforted by the fact that something/body is looking after them

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #46 - August 23, 2009, 04:51 PM

just came across this video , sorry its in arabic , But it`s worth watching , i wish we can have an english version of that ..
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8151257738054243369

It's available here with English subtitles:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrfZ81b-nBw

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #47 - August 23, 2009, 08:07 PM

Thank u so much aziz!! i was feeling sorry for those who dunno arabic , i wanted everyone to see and understand this video!

Reply #48 - August 23, 2009, 08:19 PM

Thank u so much aziz!! i was feeling sorry for those who dunno arabic , i wanted everyone to see and understand this video!

No problem. One of these guys from the Arab Atheist Network actually came here to promote their film. Smiley

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #49 - August 24, 2009, 07:40 AM

Because historically they have always been followers

Wait, what does that even mean?

"Poor human nature, what horrible crimes have been committed in thy name!"
    - Emma Goldman
     Reply #50 - August 24, 2009, 11:39 AM

They have hisorically been the less rebellious of the species and the ones most likely to follow in their parents footsteps and do as they were told.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #51 - August 26, 2009, 12:12 PM

Now at this moment, on MBC1, the Saudi owned TV channel (2009 August 26) they are discussing the age of marriage and how they should stop the underage marriage....

It cought my attention that one of the debtors who was against underage marriage was saying it is our obligation to not let the world see that our religion permit that.... And I was like what? If a religion does not make any sense, why on earth one should beautify it and make it look nicer that it was???

Reply #52 - August 26, 2009, 12:27 PM

Wow... this is a milestone I guess! They are taking about how young was Aisha when Mo married her. Some callers (they must be Shiite) suggested that Aisha lied about her age!!! LOL I am enjoying this. I hope in a couple of days I find it on YouTube to share with you!

Reply #53 - August 26, 2009, 07:09 PM

Now at this moment, on MBC1, the Saudi owned TV channel (2009 August 26) they are discussing the age of marriage and how they should stop the underage marriage....

I wish they would hurry it up. finmad
    Saudi Child Bride Turned
    Back Over to
    80-Year-Old Husband
    A Saudi Arabian father forced his 10-year-old daughter to return to her 80-year-old husband Sunday, after she was found hiding at the home of her aunt for 10 days, Arab News reported.

The young girl's husband, who denies he is 80 despite family claims, accused the aunt of violating the terms of his marriage, allowed by Sharia Law.

"My marriage is not against Sharia. It included the elements of acceptance and response by the father of the bride,? he told a local newspaper.

A member of the National Society for Human Rights said there are no regulations in place to stop the marriage of young girls, which is seen as harmful to their wellbeing.

?Such marriages are considered a gross violation of charters on the rights of children, which the Kingdom has signed and which set the age of adulthood at 18,? Maatouq Al-Abdullah told Arab News.

http://www.myfoxwausau.com/dpp/news/international/Saudi_Child_Bride_Turned_Back_Over_to_80YearOld_Husband_64216601

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
     Reply #54 - August 28, 2009, 11:03 AM

The husband has the right to have sex with his wife even if she is above the camel

? the hell is that...

MEN and WOMEN are equal......

This Islam crap shows men can dominate women........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Saudi Arabian father forced his 10-year-old daughter to return to her 80-year-old husband

SHITTT
     Reply #55 - September 11, 2009, 11:52 AM

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/27305/26%20years%20old%20boy%20marriage

Marrying a thirteen year old girl
    The validity of marriage to a minor girl is proven by the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

?And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the ?Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubt (about their periods), is three months; and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) their ?Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death]?

[al-Talaaq 65:4]

So the ?iddah for those who do not menstruate because they are too young is three months, and ?iddah has to do with divorce after getting married, which indicates that the girls in question has been married and divorced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dShH3iDdEY&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL1NiDafd3U&feature=channel_page

Thanks Mo.

Reply #56 - September 11, 2009, 12:17 PM

I sure hope someone bashes Rim's father over the head!  What a jerk!  He obviously doesn't give a shite about his daughter! Flaming mad

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #57 - September 11, 2009, 12:19 PM

It seems the validity of Nikahs has been in question in several countries lately:

In South Africa:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8237097.stm

In Mali:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8223966.stm

And finally, in Tajikistan:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8049981.stm

finmad finmad finmad

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #58 - September 11, 2009, 12:34 PM

I sure hope someone bashes Rim's father over the head!  What a jerk!  He obviously doesn't give a shite about his daughter! Flaming mad

And the husband too! If chasing a 10 years old naked from room to room to have sex with her is not rape, then what is?

I am so disgusted that I once belonged to a religion this brutal! Cry

Reply #59 - September 11, 2009, 12:34 PM

KSA would never set an age for a girl`s marriage.. sharia says there is no definite age and they cannot go against shariaa!  finmad

• Previous page 1 23 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »