Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 06:30 PM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
May 26, 2024, 04:18 PM

New Britain
May 26, 2024, 10:14 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 18, 2024, 03:04 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Quotes you would consider for your signature

(Read 281482 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 34 35 3637 38 ... 55 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Quotes you would consider for your signature
     Reply #1050 - July 10, 2011, 04:18 AM

Old Sindhi saying translated"When the bulls fight, it's the shrubs that get trampled."

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1051 - July 10, 2011, 09:05 AM

"All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense."
    - The Free Mantra of Sri Syadasti Syadavaktavya Syadasti Syannasti Syadasti Cavaktavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavatavyasca Syadasti Syannasti Syadavaktavyasca (for some strange reason, commonly called Sri Syadasti)
     Reply #1052 - July 10, 2011, 09:58 PM

~oOo~

The journey for each of us begins here. We are going to explore the cosmos in a ship of the imagination, unfettered by ordinary limits on speed and size, drawn by the music of cosmic harmonies. It can take us anywhere in space and time. Perfect as a snowflake, organic as a dandelion seed, it will carry us to worlds of dreams, and worlds of facts.

Come with me.

RIP Carl Sagan ~ 1934 – 1996

~oOo~

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1053 - July 11, 2011, 06:00 AM

Never argue with idiots.

They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1054 - July 11, 2011, 08:33 AM

^ Formatting Fail ^

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #1055 - July 11, 2011, 01:35 PM

''because we are all the same, just struggling along in the dark as best we can, with the ragged, worn out tools we have, playing the parts of fools and kings, it's a wonderful disguise''

Hassan

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #1056 - July 12, 2011, 02:26 PM

There’s a wonderful Hasidic story about the child of a rabbi who loved to wander
    in the fields and woods and orchards. His father allowed it, but then became concerned.
    He decided he needed to talk to his child about it. “I notice,” he said, “that you love to
    wander in the fields and woods and orchards. I wonder, why do you go there?

The child replied, “I go there to find God.”
    “That’s a good thing,” the father replied gently. “I am glad that you look for God.
    But don’t you know that God is the same everywhere?”
    “Yes,” the child answered, “but I’m not.”

-- Rev. John Buehrens

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #1057 - July 13, 2011, 11:31 AM

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness.
    For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."  Ezekiel 25:17.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1058 - July 13, 2011, 08:00 PM

‎"Allah hu akbar" ~ Suicide Bomber

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1059 - July 13, 2011, 08:09 PM

‎"Allah hu ackkhhhbar" ~ Suicide Bomber

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #1060 - July 13, 2011, 08:11 PM

‎"Allah hu ak....................................................Bugger. It didn't work." ~ Suicide Bomber

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #1061 - July 13, 2011, 08:18 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nah my version is funnier ! aloofandbored0

your version made me seriously rofl, grrr I hate you 0ssy!
     Reply #1062 - July 14, 2011, 05:10 AM

During the anti-British Rebellion in Delhi on 5 October 1857, three weeks after the British troops had entered through Kashmiri Gate, some soldiers climbed into Ghalib's neighbourhood and hauled him off to Colonel Burn for questioning. He appeared in front of the colonel wearing a Turkish style headdress. The colonel, bemused at his appearance, inquired in broken Urdu, "Well? You Muslim?", to which Ghalib replied, "Half?" The colonel asked, "What does that mean?" In response, Ghalib said, "I drink wine, but i don't eat pork."

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1063 - July 14, 2011, 05:11 AM

“The object of my worship lies beyond perception's reach;

For men who see, the Ka'aba is a compass, nothing more." Ghalib

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1064 - July 14, 2011, 05:11 AM

"The Sheikh hovers by the tavern door,
    but believe me,
    I am sure I saw him slip in
    As I departed."

Ghalib

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1065 - July 14, 2011, 05:13 AM

‎"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" JC

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1066 - July 14, 2011, 09:09 AM

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.” – Philip K. Dick

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1067 - July 14, 2011, 10:22 PM

Le XXIeme siecle sera religieux ou ne sera pas -

The 21st century will be religious or will not be.

The greatest mystery is not that we have been flung at random among

the profusion of the earth and the galaxies, but that in this prison we can

fashion images sufficiently powerful to deny our nothingness

- Andre Malraux, Antifascist, Anticommunist secular French elitiest. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #1068 - July 14, 2011, 11:11 PM

Quotes that suit my fancy.  Undecided

People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself.  But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.  ~Thomas Szasz,

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue.  Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them.  And the point is, to live everything.  Live the questions now.  Perhaps you will find them gradually, without noticing it, and live along some distant day into the answer.  ~Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

It is good to feel lost... because it proves you have a navigational sense of where "Home" is.  You know that a place that feels like being found exists.  And maybe your current location isn't that place but, Hallelujah, that unsettled, uneasy feeling of lost-ness just brought you closer to it.  ~Erika Harris

All men should strive
    to learn before they die
    what they are running from, and to, and why.
    ~James Thurber

A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.  ~George Moore

If in the last few years you haven't discarded a major opinion or acquired a new one, check your pulse.  You may be dead.  ~Gelett Burgess

If you resist reading what you disagree with, how will you ever acquire deeper insights into what you believe?  The things most worth reading are precisely those that challenge our convictions.  ~Author Unknown Zaiba

One may understand the cosmos, but never the ego; the self is more distant than any star.  ~G.K. Chesterton

To the question of your life you are the answer, and to the problems of your life you are the solution.  ~Joe Cordare

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.  ~Henry David Thoreau

To dare to live alone is the rarest courage; since there are many who had rather meet their bitterest enemy in the field, than their own hearts in their closet.  ~Charles Caleb Colton,

I can teach anybody how to get what they want out of life.  The problem is that I can't find anybody who can tell me what they want.  ~Mark Twain

Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.  ~Alan Watts

Oh! that you could turn your eyes towards the napes of your necks, and make but an interior survey of your good selves.  ~William Shakespeare

When you re-read a classic you do not see in the book more than you did before.  You see more in you than there was before.  ~Clifton Fadiman

It's terrifying to see someone inside of whom a vital spring seems to have been broken.  It's particularly terrifying to see him in your mirror.  ~Mignon McLaughlin

Confusion now hath made his masterpiece.  ~William Shakespeare

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.  ~Douglas Adams

We run away all the time to avoid coming face to face with ourselves.  ~Author Unknown Zaiba

The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this:  decide what you want.  ~Ben Stein

Driving down the wrong road and knowing it,
    The fork years behind, how many have thought
    To pull up on the shoulder and leave the car
    Empty, strike out across the fields; and how many
    Are still mazed among dock and thistle,
    Seeking the road they should have taken?
    ~Damon Knight, The Man in the Tree, 1984

We catch frightful glimpses of ourselves in the hostile eyes of others.  ~Mignon McLaughlin

It's a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.  Makes you wonder what else you can do that you've forgotten about.  ~Alan Ball

One's own self is well hidden from one's own self; of all mines of treasure, one's own is the last to be dug up.  ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Your distress about life might mean you have been living for the wrong reason, not that you have no reason for living.  ~Tom O'Connor

A man may be so much of everything that he is nothing of anything.  ~Samuel Johnson

A man's growth is seen in the successive choirs of his friends.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Few people know so clearly what they want.  Most people can't even think what to hope for when they throw a penny in a fountain.  ~Barbara Kingsolver

"Know thyself" - a maxim as pernicious as it is odious.  A person observing himself would arrest his own development.  Any caterpillar who tried to "know himself" would never become a butterfly.  ~André Gide

When your heart speaks, take good notes.  ~Judith Campbell

There is a great deal of unmapped country within us which would have to be taken into account in an explanation of our gusts and storms.  ~George Eliot

The truth is that it is natural, as well as necessary, for every man to be a vagabond occasionally.  ~Samuel H. Hammond

There are people who live their whole lives on the default settings, never realizing you can customize.  ~Robert Brault

Reply #1069 - July 15, 2011, 10:20 AM

From A Dance with Dragons:

"Give me priests who are fat and corrupt and cynical," he told Haldon, "the sort who like to sit on soft satin cushions, nibble sweetmeats, and diddle little boys. It's the ones who believe in Gods who make the trouble."

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #1070 - July 16, 2011, 04:45 AM

"Dem dastardly lean-legged raisin-heads!" Mo on Ethiopians

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, "Dhus-Suwaiqa-tain (literally: One with two lean legs) from Ethiopia will demolish the Ka'ba.
    Bukhari :: Volume 2:: Book 26:: Hadith 661

Sahih Bukhari 9:89:256 "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1071 - July 16, 2011, 06:49 AM

Allah is on death row for crimes to humanity, loosely strapped on the electric chair as Darwin reads him his final rights  parrot

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1072 - July 16, 2011, 06:36 PM

Wasn't there a large Christian kingdom in Ethiopia at the time? 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
     Reply #1073 - July 16, 2011, 06:38 PM

Patient: Doctor I will report you to the medical board at once! I don't much care for your innundo.

Dr. Todd: In- your- end- do.

"Scrubs"

The line cracks me up every time.  

Reply #1074 - July 16, 2011, 07:54 PM

A man came to Aisha radi allahu anhu and asked: “When will I know that I am pious?”
    She said: “When you realise that you are a sinner”.

And he said: “And when will I realise I am a sinner?”
    She replied: “When you think you are pious”. [“Tanbeeh Al-Ghafileen”, 251]

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #1075 - July 20, 2011, 01:51 AM

"If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal." Carl Sagan
     Reply #1076 - July 20, 2011, 02:02 AM

Carl Sagan is the man. 

Reply #1077 - July 20, 2011, 09:59 AM

"Anybody who uses the word 'workshop' outside an engineering context is a twat."

Alexei Sayle
     Reply #1078 - July 22, 2011, 05:03 PM

"Vae, puto deus fio."

Vespasian.

Allegedly said on his deathbed - 'alas, I fear I am becoming a god' or thereabouts.
     Reply #1079 - July 26, 2011, 09:36 AM

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground - David Icke

Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh, and the greatness which does not bow before children - Khalil Gibran

This experience we did not choose, and would havegiven anything to avoid, has made us different - has made us better - Clara Claiborne Park

Quando dou comida aos pobres chamam-me de santo. Quando pergunto por que eles são pobres chamam-me de comunista - Dom Helder Camara

Translation: When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why are they poor, they call me a Communist.

That's hot - Paris Hilton

All by Snooki aka literary genius:

I don't go tanning tanning anymore because Obama put a 10% tax on tanning. I feel like he did that intentionally for us, like McCain would never put a 10% tax on tanning.. because he is pale and he would probably wanna be tanned

I think my crotch is sticking out

Gia danced around a little, shaking her peaches for show. She shook it hard. Too hard. In the middle of a shimmy, her stomach cramped. A fart slipped out. A loud one. And stinky.

She could pour a shot of tequila down his belly and slurp it out of his navel without getting splashed in the face

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
  • Previous page 1 ... 34 35 3637 38 ... 55 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »