Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 01:18 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
October 03, 2024, 12:57 PM

New Britain
October 02, 2024, 07:07 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 29, 2024, 07:32 AM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Why muslim womens wear Burqa / Niqab ...

(Read 8012 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Why muslim womens wear Burqa / Niqab ...
     OP - September 17, 2009, 07:38 PM

Iam not saying that no women should wear that type of full dress.Any women can wear dress as she likes.Everyone has their own choice.But the reason  I heard why those womens wear those type of dress is absolutely stupid.

Many muslim people says,it is to protect women. Huh?

Once i saw in a video,,,Zakir naik said "If there is 2 girls walking in street.One wearing burka and the other one in skirt.The boy who is seeing those 2 girls.Who will he flirt with ? The burqa one or the skirt one ? Sure it is the skirt one..."

So if that is the case,I can say onething ?.

So muslim woman have to wear the veil because muslim man cant control themselves if they see them with normal attire without those veil/burqa ?

So in saudi,all those muslim mens are that much weak ? They cant control if they see any women without veil/burqa ?

A bad man thinks anything in bad way.If he sees the burqa girl.He will let her go ?  Who said ?

Still Her beautiful eyes are seen.In some niqab,eyes are also not seen.That doesn?t matter...anyway.

For bad mens, it doesn?t matter ? dress a women is wearing.They want to rape,thats all as they are sick human beings.

So that means ?all mens are uncontrolable ?

Not all mens??Not all are same?..
    Its the bad mens who are like that?.

So it all depends upon how good a man is?.A womens dress got nothing to do with that.
    For a girl/women safety,its better that they go out with their family or friends instead of going alone.

In a country like saudi,Most of the womens there will like that type of attires and those heavy religious rules ?ever .But sure there are some who dont like those rules.But they wont tell anyone,? to do...They are trapped in that country which is like hell.There is no way to escape from there for those womens.

Once again? Iam not saying that no women should wear that type of full dress.But the reason many muslims use to say that it is to protect a women from a men.That is Unacceptable......
  • Re: Why muslim womens wear Burqa / Niqab ...
     Reply #1 - September 17, 2009, 07:40 PM

I agree.  Infact if the burka could protect women as it claims to, how is it that muslim women who are covered can still get raped?  because it happens.

Men who want to attack a woman are not looking at her clothes, covered, uncovered, it doesn't matter it's all still meat in their minds.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #2 - September 17, 2009, 07:49 PM

Men who want to attack a woman are not looking at her clothes, covered, uncovered, it doesn't matter it's all still meat in their minds.

You are absolutely right... Afro
     Reply #3 - September 17, 2009, 08:29 PM

Hell yeah!  Just look at Egypt!  Even fully hijabed women there still get harassed by men all the time.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #4 - September 17, 2009, 08:36 PM

Less then 10% of rapes are stranger rapes. The majority of rapes are perpetrated by husbands and partners, in other words people who have already seen you naked. So how your dress comes in to play in these situations is beyond me.
     Reply #5 - September 17, 2009, 09:12 PM

In a country like saudi,Most of the womens there will like that type of attires and those heavy religious rules ?ever .But sure there are some who dont like those rules.But they wont tell anyone,? to do...They are trapped in that country which is like hell.There is no way to escape from there for those womens.

Once again? Iam not saying that no women should wear that type of full dress.But the reason many muslims use to say that it is to protect a women from a men.That is Unacceptable......

They're actually starting to lighten up on covering in Saudi. Women don't have to wear the niqab anymore, so there's a lot more faces on the street, as opposed to two black eyes that seem to be following you. Also, there's a few less hijabi women, albeit very few. So odds are, if women got the chance to walk around in jeans and shirts, they'd do it.

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #6 - September 17, 2009, 09:15 PM

Less then 10% of rapes are stranger rapes. The majority of rapes are perpetrated by husbands and partners, in other words people who have already seen you naked. So how your dress comes in to play in these situations is beyond me.

This verse is probably why people like Zakir Naik can get away with perpetuating that myth:

YUSUFALI: O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
    PICKTHAL: O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
    SHAKIR: O Prophet! say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper, that they may be known, and thus they will not be given trouble; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

"We were married by a Reform rabbi in Long Island. A very Reform rabbi. A Nazi."-- Woody Allen
     Reply #7 - September 17, 2009, 09:22 PM

molested or annoyed/troubled? Bit of a difference there...
     Reply #8 - September 17, 2009, 09:38 PM

This is a tafseer by Ibn Abbas that translates it in a sexual way:

(O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them) to cover their necks and bosoms ((when they go abroad). That will be better, that so they may be recognised) as free women (and not annoyed) and not be harmed by the fornicators. (Allah is ever Forgiving) He forgives what they have done in the past, (Merciful) He shows mercy on them regarding that which they will do in the future.

Here's another one by al-Jalalayn:

O Prophet! Tell your wives and daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks closely over themselves (jalābīb is the plural of jilbāb, which is a wrap that covers a woman totally) ? in other words, let them pull part of it [also] over their faces, leaving one eye [visible], when they need to leave [the house] for something. That makes it likelier that they will be known, to be free women, and not be molested, by being approached. In contrast, slavegirls did not use to cover their faces and so the disbelievers used to pester them. And God is Forgiving, of any occasion in the past when they may have neglected to cover themselves, Merciful, to them in His veiling them.

Whichever it is, it's espousing the idea that veiled women don't get harassed and unveiled women do.

Reply #9 - September 17, 2009, 09:50 PM

Oh. How stupid.
     Reply #10 - September 17, 2009, 11:41 PM

Why do some posts have lots of question marks in them in random places and in place of apostraphes?

I heard it as 'If a man was waiting around the corner to attack a women and he sees a veiled women and a non-veiled women, which will he attack?'

The flaw is; replace the non-veiled woman with a veiled woman (the same woman who has decided to become religious now) that man will still attack one of the ladies...

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #11 - September 17, 2009, 11:45 PM

when something is copied from elsewhere using different font and character types, and this software doesnt recognise it then its replaced with a questions mark..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #12 - September 18, 2009, 12:28 AM

Of course people could always check the content of their posts and edit any faults.  whistling2

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #13 - September 18, 2009, 03:40 AM

Wow, very interesting. Can I have a source on this. Good to know, ya know?

Maliki yawm ul LULZ
     Reply #14 - September 18, 2009, 05:05 AM

Posted by: Nour
    Hell yeah!  Just look at Egypt!  Even fully hijabed women there still get harassed by men all the time.

Thats right...Thats what i was trying to explain as it is happening in some countries....

Posted by: PeruvianSkies

The majority of rapes are perpetrated by husbands and partners  Huh? That is sick......
     Reply #15 - September 18, 2009, 05:14 AM

Posted by: Angel54
    They're actually starting to lighten up on covering in Saudi. Women don't have to wear the niqab anymore, so there's a lot more faces on the street, as opposed to two black eyes that seem to be following you. Also, there's a few less hijabi women, albeit very few. So odds are, if women got the chance to walk around in jeans and shirts, they'd do it.

I dont think there will be ever a chance for a women to walk around in jeans and shirts in Saudi.
    veiled women don't get harassed and unveiled women do.

Both gets harassed by bad mens...
     Reply #16 - September 18, 2009, 01:54 PM

Wow, very interesting. Can I have a source on this. Good to know, ya know?

http://www.cer.truthaboutrape.co.uk/3.html

Scroll down to the bottom.

This site dispels some of the myths surrounding rapes-
    http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/myths/commonmyths.html

Reply #17 - September 18, 2009, 01:56 PM

http://www.cer.truthaboutrape.co.uk/3.html

Scroll down to the bottom. I was way out btw, turns out only 3% of rapes are stranger rapes! Scary.

That makes perfect sense as well, that very few rapes are stranger rapes.

This also really annoys me about Dr Naik's claims that there are so many more rapes in the west than there are in Islamic countries. There must be countless unreported rapes in Islamic countries, not to mention rapes which are not really considered "rapes" because a woman is raped by her husband.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #18 - September 18, 2009, 02:02 PM

That pisses me off too aliadiere! Considering that most rapes are perpetrated by partners and Shariah does not recognise marital rape it is no wonder muslim countries have such low reported rapes. Rape within marriages is hardly uncommon either- http://www.thewip.net/contributors/2009/06/bahrain_offers_women_no_protec.html
     Reply #19 - September 18, 2009, 06:48 PM

Bahrain Offers Women No Protection from Spousal Rape

So it seems Bahrain allows Spousal Rape all time...? a kind of  country is that

she lost part of her breast during a violent sexual encounter with her spouse.

I feel sorry for that women... Cry

That is sick,How her husband can be called as a Human being....That maniac,monster.....Those kinds of monsters should never be born...

Many girls/womens are raped by strangers,partners,Own husband also in a violent way.

There cant be a way to stop them from happening around the world ?

Why there are mens like monsters ?
     Reply #20 - September 18, 2009, 08:47 PM

Sameer, there are loads of countries which are like Bahrain and don't help women affected by marital rape. All countries under Shariah doesn't recognise marital rape.
     Reply #21 - September 18, 2009, 10:22 PM

Many of the country?s scholars maintain the opposite stance when it comes to spousal rape. Scholar and judge at the Shariah courts, Shaikh Mohsin Al Asfoor says men have the right to demand sexual relations with their wives as the word ?rape? doesn?t exist between couples. He says that Shariah courts don?t penalize men for forcing their wives to have sex with them, but press charges of abuse ? not rape ? only when physical injuries occur.

?Shariah courts have declined many cases filed by women against their husbands because they forced them to have sex, especially females who signed the marriage contracts but were waiting to be wedded, because Islamic regulations are clear in the right of men to have sex with their wives whenever they wish,? he explains.

Religious educator Fatima Busandel agrees with Shaikh Al Asfoor saying that women can?t say no to their husbands and that if they tolerate hardship in their sexual relations they will receive God?s blessing for trying to protect their homes.

Now that's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard! And this coming from a woman!  She is a traitor to her own sex if you ask me!

?I don?t mean to ask women to keep quiet about their sexually violent men, but try to change them. 50% of violence against females is because they don?t know how to deal with men.? She says that she?s come across many cases in which women succeeded in changing their husbands with patience.

Well then, start teaching them how to deal with men rather than to be perpetually deferential to anything with a ballsack!

I've said it once and I will say it again, Arab and Muslim men need to grow up!  Unfortunately it will take reorganizing the entire male-dominated culture before that will happen  Cry ...

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #22 - September 19, 2009, 05:15 AM

Sameer, there are loads of countries which are like Bahrain and don't help women affected by marital rape. All countries under Shariah doesn't recognise marital rape.

I can understand that,but i cant able to understand onething...As these bad things continuing...Still some Muslim womens from those countries support those rules...Stupids
    The countries which don't help women affected by marital rape is not a country.More Sick Human beings are living in that type of country.Actually they are not Human beings.

Posted by: Nour

Many of the country?s scholars maintain the opposite stance when it comes to spousal rape. Scholar and judge at the Shariah courts, Shaikh Mohsin Al Asfoor says men have the right to demand sexual relations with their wives as the word ?rape? doesn?t exist between couples. He says that Shariah courts don?t penalize men for forcing their wives to have sex with them, but press charges of abuse ? not rape ? only when physical injuries occur.

?Shariah courts have declined many cases filed by women against their husbands because they forced them to have sex, especially females who signed the marriage contracts but were waiting to be wedded, because Islamic regulations are clear in the right of men to have sex with their wives whenever they wish,? he explains.

They dont deserve to be a scholar.

Islamic regulations are clear in the right of men to have sex with their wives whenever they wish

? the hell ....And why many muslim womens says Islam gives freedom ? 

So,this is freedom ? -- (to be forced for sex by their husbands)  Huh?

So many of those muslim womens who says Islam gives freedom likes forced sex ?  Huh?

this is freedom ? -- Women cannot report rape because they need to produce 4 witnesses ?  Huh?

? a sick crap rule is that......So 4 mens should watch a women getting rapped ?  Huh?

Religious educator Fatima Busandel agrees with Shaikh Al Asfoor saying that women can?t say no to their husbands and that if they tolerate hardship in their sexual relations they will receive God?s blessing for trying to protect their homes.

Now that's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard! And this coming from a woman!  She is a traitor to her own sex if you ask me!

I agree with you....She stinks...May be Fatima Busandel had sex with Shaikh Al Asfoor.Who knows... whistling2
     Reply #23 - September 21, 2009, 08:09 PM

Some muslims think according to Islam that the full niqab is not necessary, and a lesser hijab covering the hair and the neck was ok. 

How do they get round this quote from the quran then?

Quran 33:59, ?draw their cloaks all over their bodies and screen themselves completely, except the eyes or one eye to see the way?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #24 - September 21, 2009, 08:17 PM

Some muslims think according to Islam that the full niqab is not necessary, and a lesser hijab covering the hair and the neck was ok. 

How do they get round this quote from the quran then?

Quran 33:59, ?draw their cloaks all over their bodies and screen themselves completely, except the eyes or one eye to see the way?

Yeah, but that can be one person's interpretation of that verse.  I've read it several different ways and I think it's the Saudis who added that bit about the one eye.

[Shakir 33:59] O Prophet! say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper, that they may be known, and thus they will not be given trouble; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
    [Yusufali 33:59] O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
    [Pickthal 33:59] O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.
    [Pooya/Ali Commentary 33:59]

Reply #25 - September 21, 2009, 08:25 PM

Thanks Nour - Do the Arabic speakers here agree with Pickthal et al, or the Arabic translation of this verse?

What do you believe?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #26 - September 22, 2009, 10:57 AM

The one eye thing came from a hadith.

I can understand that,but i cant able to understand onething...As these bad things continuing...Still some Muslim womens from those countries support those rules...Stupids

I can never understand that either. Religion really does screw you up though. I remember reading about a Christian country having problems with marital rape and some Christian women opposed the law to make it illegal :(
     Reply #27 - September 22, 2009, 04:37 PM

I can never understand that either. Religion really does screw you up though.

Those are brainwashed stupid dumbest peoples.They dont have their own mind to think.thats all.....
     Reply #28 - September 22, 2009, 05:04 PM

Calm down Sameer Wink It's not their fault they've been brainwashed and I'm sure the users on this forum know more than anyone how difficult it is to break out of that brainwash.
     Reply #29 - September 22, 2009, 05:12 PM

I think Islam is the most difficult to break out of with the intoxicating memes. It doesn't surprise me there are many doctors, lawyers & even physicists (!) who are still Muslim. I suppose the same can be said about other religions, but I think, for example, the number of Muslim doctors probably outnumber the number of Christian doctors. It would be an interesting research.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »