Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 01:18 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
October 03, 2024, 12:57 PM

New Britain
October 02, 2024, 07:07 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 29, 2024, 07:32 AM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Another hadith on women:Many" men but "few" women reached perfection.

(Read 3493 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Another hadith on women:Many" men but "few" women reached perfection.
     OP - September 19, 2009, 07:16 PM

Here Muhammad praises his wife Ayesha's superiority over other women & says that many men have reached this level of perfection, but few women have-except Mary & Asiya.
    Sahih Bukhari

Volume 4, Book 55, Number 643:
    Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ashari:

The Prophet said, "The superiority of 'Aisha to other ladies is like the superiority of Tharid (i.e. meat and bread dish) to other meals. Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Mary, the daughter of Imran and Asia, the wife of Pharaoh."

Why many men but only these women? What maes it difficult for women to reach perfection?

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
  • Re: Another hadith on women:Many" men but "few" women reached perfection.
     Reply #1 - September 19, 2009, 07:30 PM

even tho aysha is the one who lost some verses of quran and left them for the goat to eat , also whats weird is that Aysha Thought that Mary (mother of jesus) was sister of haron (moses bro)! and some companion corrected her.. so i dunno what was so special about her.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأن محمدآ عبده ورسوله
     Reply #2 - September 19, 2009, 08:41 PM

Apart from having quite an attitude towards others, I think Muhammad fancied her the most even if he clearly forgets that if it wasn't for his first wife Khadijah and her wealth and patronisation he would have NEVER been able to be successful.

Pakistan Zindabad? ya Pakistan sey Zinda bhaag?

Long Live Pakistan? Or run with your lives from Pakistan?
     Reply #3 - September 19, 2009, 08:53 PM

The Prophet said, "The superiority of 'Aisha to other ladies is like the superiority of Tharid (i.e. meat and bread dish) to other meals. Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Mary, the daughter of Imran and Asia, the wife of Pharaoh."

Here's the recipe for Tharid, one Mo's favourites dinners - no wonder he had so many wives, it looks like he would have needed all 7 to make it!

This recipe is adapted from a 13th century Andalusian cookbook.  (http://www.superluminal.com/cookbook/substantial_tharid_lamb.html)

Soaking Overnight
    Total second-day time 2 hours

3 cups chickpeas
    3 lbs. lamb, cut into bite-sized cubes
    8 cups water
    6 cups finely chopped onion
    2 tsp. ground coriander
    1/2 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
    2 tsp. caraway seeds
    2 tsp. pepper
     6 eggs
    1 tbsp. salt
    1/2 tsp. saffron in 2 tbsp. water
    1/2 cup honey
    Enough stale bread for 2 cups of crumbs
    6 rounds pita bread, quartered

Put the chickpeas into a large bowl, cover them with cold water and let soak overnight. The next day, drain the chickpeas and set them aside.

Put the lamb into a large stew pot and cover it with cold water. Bring to a boil and skim off the foam that rises to the top. Add the chickpeas, onion, ground and fresh coriander, caraway seeds and pepper; return to a boil, then reduce the heat. Break the eggs directly into the pot so that they will poach along with the stew. Let the stew cook for an hour to an hour and a half, until the chickpeas are done and the lamb is tender. Add salt and saffron, then remove 1/2 cup of broth from the pot, mix it together with the honey, and pour it back into the pot. Return to a boil and boil vigorously for 3 minutes.

Put the pita wedges in the bottom of the serving bowl and pour the tharid over them; or serve the pita wedges alongside the tharid and so that guests may put a few in the bottom of an individual soup bowl, then spoon the stew over the bread.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #4 - September 19, 2009, 08:56 PM

Wow that looks complex!

I'm usually quite brave when it comes to cooking food heck I even cook full biryanis from scratch but this I wouldn't dare to try.

"I am ready to make my confession. I ask for no forgiveness father, for I have not sinned. I have only done what I needed to do to survive. I did not ask for the life that I was given, but it was given nonetheless-and with it, I did my best"
     Reply #5 - September 20, 2009, 02:49 AM

It looks like your typical fancy Arab dish to me. Those dishes take time and effort to assemble but the actual cooking of it is no big deal.  In fact I daresay that mansaf or biryani and any type of mehshi is more difficult than that recipe.

[this space for rent]
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »