Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:54 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 29, 2024, 07:32 AM

New Britain
September 24, 2024, 10:45 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Richard Dawkins debates an American creationist.

(Read 6695 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Richard Dawkins debates an American creationist.
     OP - January 12, 2010, 05:29 AM

Richard Dawkins interviews Wendy Wright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US8f1w1cYvs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C6yG5totN0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXuDXkMTbps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj34lYwoDrg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qngH3GeA4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE6HRG3rBLY

Call me TAP TAP! for I am THE ASS PATTER!
  • Re: Richard Dawkins debates an American creationist.
     Reply #1 - January 12, 2010, 05:45 AM

Just watched the first clip. She looks like an idiot and has the IQ of a cinder block.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #2 - January 12, 2010, 05:56 AM

Just watched the first clip. She looks like an idiot and has the IQ of a cinder block.

Of course, but as I said to my sister, "God, the Santa Claus for grown up people".

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #3 - January 12, 2010, 06:07 AM

Of course, but as I said to my sister, "God, the Santa Claus for grown up people".

lol, I have heard that one before. But Kaiwai, the proofs for Allah are everywhere. I remember Muslims telling me that birds chirping at 5 am and the sunrise and blue skies and the human body is proof for Allah (swt)  Tongue

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #4 - January 12, 2010, 09:28 AM

she's so bitchy, and her smile is so fake it makes me wanna punch her! lol
     Reply #5 - January 12, 2010, 09:54 AM

Never heard of Wendy Wright. Can you give us some information about her?

For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. For those who refuse to understand, no explanation is possible.
     Reply #6 - January 12, 2010, 10:52 AM

she's so bitchy, and her smile is so fake it makes me wanna punch her! lol

Now, who said that 4:34 isn't useful after all Tongue

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali
     Reply #7 - January 12, 2010, 12:12 PM

Ah fuck, i watched half of the first clip and almost puked.

I cant stand people like that, who repeat themselfes over and over again, even when presented with better awnsers everytime they ask.

I mean, she obviously has no CLUE about DNA. (Good thing i just learn it at school)

But we just looked at Human DNA and its similiarity to Chimp DNA... in detail.
    Our teacher even explained how the mutations and enviroment led us to become what we are... AND he showed us pictures of said missing links... Boisei, Australopitecus etc.

We have so many missing links to the Human specias alone, i want to crack her head with a bone of one of those fossils

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves." - from Goethes Faust
    "Only the wisest and the stupidest men never change." - Confuzios
    "there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
     Reply #8 - January 12, 2010, 12:25 PM

Listening to her speak and repeat that bullshit gave me a headache...  I put it on mute and just looked at hair hair and her eyes instead... they're quite nice to look at.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #9 - January 12, 2010, 12:43 PM

their are people who think she made some kind of argument in the debate  Cheesy
    a total waste of time for dwkins if you ask me

Reply #10 - January 12, 2010, 02:28 PM

Dawkins is one patient man.

Reply #11 - January 12, 2010, 02:43 PM

he looked like he was quietly seething in that last video, I thought he might spontaneously combust

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #12 - January 12, 2010, 03:13 PM

I'd do her

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #13 - January 12, 2010, 03:14 PM

Well given the way Dawkins showed hostility  towards religious nutjobs before, he in this interview remains quite patient. I think he learned to ease up a little.

Reply #14 - January 12, 2010, 03:26 PM

I'd do her

You cunt, I saw her first. furious furious

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

Reply #15 - January 12, 2010, 03:27 PM

Well given the way Dawkins showed hostility  towards religious nutjobs before, he in this interview remains quite patient. I think he learned to ease up a little.

Yeah I was quite surprised that he was debating with a creationist...  I thought he didn't waste his time with those. 

Reply #16 - January 12, 2010, 03:28 PM

Yeah I was quite surprised that he was debating with a creationist...  I thought he didn't waste his time with those. 

Same here.

You cunt, I saw her first.

Actually, I'm the one who posted the vids so....I get first dibs.

Reply #17 - January 12, 2010, 03:29 PM

mmm middle aged creationist ass... hubba hubba hubba

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #18 - January 12, 2010, 03:30 PM

She's not middle aged.

Reply #19 - January 12, 2010, 03:33 PM

Same here.

Actually, I'm the one who posted the vids so....I get first dibs.

Then in that case we must either fight to the death or.... engage in the time honoured male bonding exercise, affectionately known as the 'spit roast'.... with her in the middle...

Reply #20 - January 12, 2010, 03:34 PM

Better idea: Bukkake

Reply #21 - January 12, 2010, 03:34 PM

Honestly, just by looking at her, even without playing the vids, you can just tell how stupid she is.

Reply #22 - January 12, 2010, 03:43 PM

That's why I asked for some information about her. She doesn't look like a person I can take seriously in an atheist/creationist discussion.

For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. For those who refuse to understand, no explanation is possible.
     Reply #23 - January 12, 2010, 03:49 PM

I honestly don't think that you should take any creationist seriously...

Reply #24 - January 12, 2010, 04:33 PM

Honestly, just by looking at her, even without playing the vids, you can just tell how stupid she is.

Well I don't think she's stupid. She's just purposefully avoiding accepting Evolution. I loved it how each time Dawkins asked a questions about fossils and DNA she either dodged the question or just returned Dawkins with a "we need to respect one another" garbage. Last time I checked, this isn't a debate about morality--it's strictly a scientific debate. Why even bring up respect? It has nothing to do with anything in regards to this topic.

Reply #25 - January 12, 2010, 07:12 PM

Well I don't think she's stupid. She's just purposefully avoiding accepting Evolution. I loved it how each time Dawkins asked a questions about fossils and DNA she either dodged the question or just returned Dawkins with a "we need to respect one another" garbage. Last time I checked, this isn't a debate about morality--it's strictly a scientific debate. Why even bring up respect? It has nothing to do with anything in regards to this topic.

My thoughts exactly... she is speaking out of fear...

Reply #26 - January 12, 2010, 07:15 PM

As Yoda once said: "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

Yoda was prolly a creationist though.

Reply #27 - January 12, 2010, 07:19 PM

Yeah, especially the part when she told that story about the little girl on the wheel chair, after Dawkins had asked her about fossils in the museum, I really tried my best to understand why in the world she would even talk about the little girl's "spirit." I mean, she gave a complete irrelevant answer to the question. No one was even questioning the existence of a "soul." That to me a is a completely religious topic. For all I know there could be a soul--but no way in hell does it pertain to that discussion. The entire time she was just trying to guilt trip Dawkins, though I'll admit, I do admire her concern for respect.

Reply #28 - January 12, 2010, 07:20 PM

Yes, the debate often turns to a spiritual vs. scientific one and/or a back to basics vs modernity one.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #29 - January 12, 2010, 07:32 PM

Which is why I suppose Dawkins never wanted to debate a creationist. Not sure why he changed his mind, but I would like to see more debates like this. Why? Because I'll be very frank, he's strength is where he has a PHD in--Biology, not religion. Part of the reason why I never bothered to finish the God Delusion. I hate it when Atheists always refer others to that book as if implying it's somehow an Atheist holy book. It's actually not that great of a book. His other books however, like The Selfish Gene, The Blind Watchmaker, Greatest Show on Earth, are excellent reads.

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »