Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 09:48 PM

New Britain
September 24, 2024, 10:45 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
September 15, 2024, 01:08 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Religion is a religious virus

(Read 5942 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Religion is a religious virus
     OP - February 23, 2010, 07:03 PM

Thought you might like this, it was quite interesting:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPN3UlxCXH4

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
  • Re: Religion is a religious virus
     Reply #1 - February 23, 2010, 07:36 PM

I agree its a virus, and he's absolutely right about the religion's usage of sex for control!  Cheesy

It is not the way you live your life that is important, it is how well you enjoy it that matters.
     Reply #2 - February 23, 2010, 08:17 PM

In my opinion religion was invented by barbaric people in the olden days so that they could control people out of fear - makes perfect sense doesn't it?

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #3 - February 23, 2010, 09:10 PM

In my opinion religion was invented by barbaric people in the olden days so that they could control people out of fear - makes perfect sense doesn't it?

Lets just say that it was used to organise society and has now far outlived its use.  Some religions are quite political, and anything political is dirty.

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #4 - February 23, 2010, 09:39 PM

congrats - thats the most sensible post you have written to date  Afro

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #5 - February 23, 2010, 09:46 PM

IMO from what i have read MOST but not all religions are political, i think Christianity has been even more made so by the Catholic Church. Islam = way of life so definitely political, Judaism i see that too. I think Hinduism, Buddhism and the like are a lot less political. So ya a way of organizing life in the past, so historical politics. This is why i think all need reform in the 21st century like all non spiritual political ideologies have done. Whether this will happen i have no clue, but i live in hope. This is why I don't agree with organized spirituality, because it is political, god and the divine should be personal and as non political as possible.
     Reply #6 - February 23, 2010, 10:04 PM

I didnt quite get the premise of guilt in religion from this video.  Doesnt the guilt factor make you more likely to abandon/question it - certainly did for me..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #7 - February 23, 2010, 11:28 PM

I didnt quite get the premise of guilt in religion from this video.  Doesnt the guilt factor make you more likely to abandon/question it - certainly did for me..

Ye varies from individual i think but when your a child your more emotionally weak and so on, so I don't know about you, but if religion is or was thrusted upon you at an early age, it will more easily manipulate you emotionally.

So if you don't pray to god before you go sleep you will feel guilty, you will feel bad about yourself. Very immoral thing to teach a child especially at a very young age but I agree with what the guy said.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #8 - February 23, 2010, 11:39 PM

So if you don't pray to god before you go sleep you will feel guilty, you will feel bad about yourself. Very immoral thing to teach a child especially at a very young age but I agree with what the guy said.

so how does that propogate religion?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - February 23, 2010, 11:52 PM

Religion is virus for those who prefers this life and wants no barrier or law to stop them from doing anything. However it is guidance for those who seeks to know the Creator.
     Reply #10 - February 23, 2010, 11:58 PM

Religion is virus for those who prefers this life and wants no barrier or law to stop them from doing anything. However it is guidance for those who seeks to know the Creator.

Hi xtr00 Smiley

I've been reading some of your posts since you joined and while I had a good time perusing them, I have come to the conclusion that you should start making worthwhile and non-comical posts and stop posting bullshit, otherwise you need to, as they say in Polynesia, "Shut the fuck up".

Thanks for your attention. Smiley

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #11 - February 24, 2010, 12:35 AM

Cheesy

I guess the time-limit on being polite has expired.

Good let me roll up my sleeves and give you some of what I gave Arab Wannabe.

1. *falls of chair, hit suddenly by a lighting bolt*
     Reply #12 - February 24, 2010, 12:36 AM

I like to put my insults in a bulletin form, make a little PowerPoint presentation and go through it in 4 minutes.

Beginning with an overview. And ending with a summary.

I school muhfuggas.

Actually that would be a great way to get fired. I'll write that down. Copyright.
     Reply #13 - February 24, 2010, 02:08 AM

Hay, what did that strawman ever do to you?

For one: Falsehood, ignorance, and lies are not guidance.
    If someone asks me to guide them to 9th Avenue, and I just make up some directions
    I am not helping. I am not giving guidance. I am doing the opposite. I would at best, be
    giving them false hope based on lies. Especially given that it seems there is
    no 9th ave to begin with.
    So prove (at least make a reasoned case that) this 'guidance' is not BS, We will wait with baited breath.

Second, why dont you spare us. I know what you really mean, so why dont you just say it.
    None of us want to or want to create a society of rape and murder, so why dont you
    just say what you really mean by "doing whatever you want"
    Personal liberty, free speech and expression, and the like.
    I'd have to say, damn right I want to 'do what I want'. What the hell is wrong with that?
    Why dont you juxtapose any society that allows personal freedom, with one that smothers it with thought crimes.

So ya, damn right I want to 'do what I want'...Giving people the freedom to
    'do what they want' is, granted, a rather relatively recent social liberty, but I dare say
    human progress has greatly benefited from it.
    Care to argue against that?

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #14 - February 24, 2010, 06:10 AM

Hi xtr00 Smiley

I've been reading some of your posts since you joined and while I had a good time perusing them, I have come to the conclusion that you should start making worthwhile and non-comical posts and stop posting bullshit, otherwise you need to, as they say in Polynesia, "Shut the fuck up".

Thanks for your attention. Smiley

When you guys accuse Islam of all the crimes , I said nothing, because i respected your opinions. But when I spoke the truth, you got pissed. 

Indeed, you only want to hear from my mouth what pleases you, but I will speak the truth even if it pisses you off or not.
    If you don't like someone else opinion, as they say in anotkato 'Get the fuck out of here' and let this platform be for those who can handle other opinions.

Thanks for reading.
     Reply #15 - February 24, 2010, 07:32 AM

"When you guys accuse Islam of all the crimes"

I dont think Islam has been accused of any "crimes". A religion cant 'do' anything, much less commit a crime.

"But when I spoke the truth"

That is up for debate. You need to establish that what you are speaking is, in fact, true.
    That is the key to the whole issue.

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #16 - February 24, 2010, 07:49 AM

Quote...partly...and partly not.

The way I see it, religion can be divided into two subsets: Revealed and Evolved.
    Evolved religion would be the oldest, it is the Mother. Due to a combination of ignorance, imagination, and fear superstitions grew among early man (just imagine seeing lightning 6000 years ago, and wondering WTF, it even happens today...look at new ager movements who are trying to create weird pantheist religions out of what gaps there are lest to explore). These superstitions grew within a communal context, which means they would be melded together into one overall belief system. To give authority and pomp to these belief systems, and to codify them, priestly castes developed, as well as holy rituals and stories.

Which brings us to [so called]revealed religion. Prophets. Its the next step.
    Religion is very useful to the leaders. Dont want your people to eat the cows, which they will need to keep for later, when they are going hungry, tell them cows are sacred...tada. It also gives the ruler power over the people, if he controls the priestly caste or is needed for the rituals. The prophet takes the evolved religion, and takes control of it....making himself the leader.

Reply #17 - February 24, 2010, 08:10 AM

Muhammed was a raging closet homosexual, don't you agree with me?  Huh?
     Reply #18 - February 24, 2010, 08:20 AM

Quote from: Darrel Ray
    Originally, Hawaiian culture had lots of taboos about food, but none about sex. Married individuals could have sex outside marriage without much fuss. When religion came along, it invented and taught sex guilt: it became suddenly forbidden to walk around naked, and God would punish those who did not listen. Of course, the missionaries brought with them smallpox and other diseases, which did kill numerous natives

Cheesy

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #19 - February 24, 2010, 10:03 AM

xtr00 should change his name to kope-wannabe. Lots of trolling with no substance. And he is in fact easy to shut up; just ask him something slightly more complicated - he will not respond. Btw xtr00 I am still waiting for your response in "how to wipe your ass" thread.

Religion is virus for those who prefers this life and wants no barrier or law to stop them from doing anything.

See xtr00 posting crap like this doesn't really help in case you want people to take you seriously.

This is old but very interesting - The second coming of John Frum (Cargo cults):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1skNgYdJXK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jel5by93REs&feature=related
     Reply #20 - February 24, 2010, 11:24 AM

OOOh, the cargo cults... i love those guys!!

Praise John Frum!!

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves." - from Goethes Faust
    "Only the wisest and the stupidest men never change." - Confuzios
    "there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
     Reply #21 - February 24, 2010, 11:48 AM

congrats - thats the most sensible post you have written to date  Afro

what a tosser.

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #22 - February 24, 2010, 11:56 AM

what a tosser.

Wink

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #23 - February 24, 2010, 02:03 PM

Vanuatu better be close buddies with USA, we have leverage there of irrationally big purportions.  Cheesy

It is not the way you live your life that is important, it is how well you enjoy it that matters.
     Reply #24 - February 24, 2010, 05:16 PM

so how does that propogate religion?

Well that by itself does not, but it will instil fear in that person. If you fear you may cling onto that belief so you do't get punished. Although I see your point because as you grow up you may begin to question things more. I did not understand the reference to religion being an STD because it's not passed through sex lol, but I understood the idea that religion tries to place controls on sex for instance no premarital sex, marry, have kids, indoctrinate them.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #25 - February 24, 2010, 05:20 PM

what a tosser.

You toss mo's salad 5 times a day. Wink

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #26 - February 24, 2010, 05:41 PM

I did not understand the reference to religion being an STD because it's not passed through sex lol

I understood this to mean that once a man wants to impregnate a women and thus decides to marry her, not only will she later have convert to Islam (if she isnt already) but the baby too will be 'diseased' with it too

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #27 - February 24, 2010, 05:51 PM

I understood this to mean that once a man wants to impregnate a women and thus decides to marry her, not only will she later have convert to Islam (if she isnt already) but the baby too will be 'diseased' with it too

I see that but the woman may not decide to marry or convert to Islam or even have the baby for that matter so the analogy was a bit awkward. I did understand what he was trying to get at though. If the woman is smart she would reject Islam or the religion in question, so some people may already have immunity against the religious virus after seeing through the bullshit.

Reply #28 - February 24, 2010, 08:41 PM

I see that but the woman may not decide to marry or convert to Islam or even have the baby for that matter so the analogy was a bit awkward. I did understand what he was trying to get at though. If the woman is smart she would reject Islam or the religion in question, so some people may already have immunity against the religious virus after seeing through the bullshit.

Yep, but this part was a joke and as long as you can see the humour, then dont analyse it too seriously

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #29 - February 24, 2010, 09:04 PM

I think my moral boundaries are just fine, even as an ex-muslim. I do not need Allah or the Quran to tell me what is ethically wrong or right, I'm quite capable of doing so myself.

I think that its more important to look at the consequences of religion, rather than its origin. And how Islam is interpreted and practiced by many muslims, and how "corrupted" bits of sharia are incorporated in many muslim countries' legal systems, is free for all to see. And it is not a pretty sight. How could god go so wrong when conveying his message?
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »