Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 02:19 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
Today at 08:47 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 03:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 04:08 AM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 02:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 03:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 08:51 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello

(Read 32078 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Hello
     Reply #30 - September 10, 2010, 04:23 PM

Go to parts the part of a quote and press shift + enter. that should automatically split quotes.

Wow! Somebody actually uses that little feature I wrote ages ago? Tongue

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #31 - September 10, 2010, 04:24 PM

Wow! Somebody actually uses that little feature I wrote ages ago? Tongue

I've only used it once.  Tongue

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #32 - September 10, 2010, 07:45 PM

1) I looked at that section you're talking about, I see no reference to the earth being flat. In fact, the references people do mention are based on the worth dahaha. It is a word with multiple meanings, and is part of the literary beauty of the qur'an.

For your information, Dahaha means a flat nest not round. ostrich nest is called Dahaha. It is not a word for an egg.
     دحا = spread  (spread only mean it is just spread flat, not like a ball.)

2) Where did you get that understanding :S. Verse 36 is talking about Adam peace be upon him being sent to earth, and verse 36 is talking about a khalifah. I don't see how you reached your conclusion, even in the english (the arabic is pretty clear).

2:30
    Sahih International
    And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."
    Muhsin Khan
    And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners) and sanctify You." He (Allah) said: "I know that which you do not know."

Above one is for khilafa or whatever

2:36
    Sahih International
    But Satan caused them to slip out of it and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. And We said, "Go down, [all of you], as enemies to one another, and you will have upon the earth a place of settlement and provision for a time."
    Muhsin Khan
    Then the Shaitan (Satan) made them slip therefrom (the Paradise), and got them out from that in which they were. We said: "Get you down, all, with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be a dwelling place for you and an enjoyment for a time."

Check any translation, in above mentioned one Allah is sending Adam and Eve to earth as a punishment.

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #33 - September 10, 2010, 08:17 PM

I seriously hate these kind of clowns, the so called, moderate muslims, who think they are the coolest people among all the muslims. When you provide them solid evidence against their religion, they immediately discard that part (either just the translation, or most of the time, the author of that translation).
    If you quote them solid hadiths, they will become hadith denier, calling it "zaeef" or completely denying it. I seriously don't have time to argue with these guys, specially this one seem to come here to keep giving us non sense answers on and on, playing with our head. Not worth it.

and many others...
     Reply #34 - September 10, 2010, 09:24 PM

I'll take a moderate Muslim over a fundamentalist Muslim anyways.  Moderate Muslims will make excuses, fundamentalists will just rage.  Apologetics and rationalizations are better than believing that you can kill  and subjegate with impunity and be in the right.  

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #35 - September 13, 2010, 08:19 PM

Go to parts the part of a quote and press shift + enter. that should automatically split quotes.

Thank you!

For your information, Dahaha means a flat nest not round. ostrich nest is called Dahaha. It is not a word for an egg.
     دحا = spread  (spread only mean it is just spread flat, not like a ball.)

dahaha in arabic has multiple meanings. In one context it means to spread out.

However, the word dahaha is also a word for ostrich egg, as seen in the classic dictionaries. Take a look at the passage in lisan al arab for it.

2:30
    Sahih International
    And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."
    Muhsin Khan
    And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners) and sanctify You." He (Allah) said: "I know that which you do not know."

Above one is for khilafa or whatever

2:36
    Sahih International
    But Satan caused them to slip out of it and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. And We said, "Go down, [all of you], as enemies to one another, and you will have upon the earth a place of settlement and provision for a time."
    Muhsin Khan
    Then the Shaitan (Satan) made them slip therefrom (the Paradise), and got them out from that in which they were. We said: "Get you down, all, with enmity between yourselves. On earth will be a dwelling place for you and an enjoyment for a time."

Check any translation, in above mentioned one Allah is sending Adam and Eve to earth as a punishment.

I am not seeing the issue here =/.

I seriously hate these kind of clowns, the so called, moderate muslims, who think they are the coolest people among all the muslims. When you provide them solid evidence against their religion, they immediately discard that part (either just the translation, or most of the time, the author of that translation).
    If you quote them solid hadiths, they will become hadith denier, calling it "zaeef" or completely denying it. I seriously don't have time to argue with these guys, specially this one seem to come here to keep giving us non sense answers on and on, playing with our head. Not worth it.

You make the conscious decision to ignore. If you have something to discuss or present do it, otherwise why are you sharing the fact that you are judging all muslims by your own experiences?
     Reply #36 - September 14, 2010, 04:54 AM

I am not seeing the issue here =/.

Because you are not trying to. Even my hardcore religious parents saw the issue here. But later said Wallahu Alam, and then said that I should stop questioning quran otherwise I would burn in hell.

and many others...
     Reply #37 - September 14, 2010, 05:02 AM

dahaha in arabic has multiple meanings. In one context it means to spread out.

Anyways, whatever it means or not, it doesn't matter, although because quran is divine word of god, every meaning of it should all make sense and prove to scientific facts.
    The fact that I quoted those verses was because quran claimed that Zulqarnain traveled (East and West) and found the places of sun rise and sun set, which is only possible if earth was flat and sun rises and sets on earth.

and many others...
     Reply #38 - September 14, 2010, 05:06 AM

Ok folks, this is a welcome thread. It's not a let's-kick-the-shit-out-of-the-n00b thread.  grin12

Welcome to the forum, TruthSeeker.  parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #39 - September 14, 2010, 08:16 PM

Because you are not trying to. Even my hardcore religious parents saw the issue here. But later said Wallahu Alam, and then said that I should stop questioning quran otherwise I would burn in hell.

No. It's because you posted evidences and did not explain them. If you are really trying to make people understand, you should elaborate the matter.

Anyways, whatever it means or not, it doesn't matter, although because quran is divine word of god, every meaning of it should all make sense and prove to scientific facts.
    The fact that I quoted those verses was because quran claimed that Zulqarnain traveled (East and West) and found the places of sun rise and sun set, which is only possible if earth was flat and sun rises and sets on earth.

What you have done here is take one statement A, and one statement B, and fit them to a contradictory conclusion and then said the Qur'an is false because this conclusion is false based on today's observations. But you have connected the two premises incorrectly.

I do not even have to look at the verses in this one, because it doesn't add up on the surface even. I can travel eastwards until I see the sun rise, and westwards until I see it set.

Ok folks, this is a welcome thread. It's not a let's-kick-the-shit-out-of-the-n00b thread.  grin12

Welcome to the forum, TruthSeeker.  parrot

thanks!
     Reply #40 - September 15, 2010, 08:54 AM

and many others...
     Reply #41 - September 15, 2010, 09:06 AM

No. It's because you posted evidences and did not explain them. If you are really trying to make people understand, you should elaborate the matter.

What you have done here is take one statement A, and one statement B, and fit them to a contradictory conclusion and then said the Qur'an is false because this conclusion is false based on today's observations. But you have connected the two premises incorrectly.

osmanthus: I highly doubt he is considering it as beating.  He must be only thinking that a sub-human creature just talking blah blah that doesn't make any sense.  Cheesy

I do not even have to look at the verses in this one, because it doesn't add up on the surface even. I can travel eastwards until I see the sun rise, and westwards until I see it set.

thanks!

I have provided you two evidences. One from Surah-e-Baqarah, and one from surah-e-kahaf. And I pinpointed exact verses. try to read both surah's again and again and again and try to add all the context in it as well. Conclusion would remain the same. Both verses (30 and 36) from Baqarah are contradictory to each other. And all ayats from kahaf that I mentioned exactly mean the same thing I mentioned that Zulqarnain traveled East and West and found the places where sun rises and sun sets. I read the tafseer by Shabbir Ahmed Usmani, for the kahaf, and that idiot tried to cover the fact by saying that Zulqarnain tried to travel East and West to find the sun rise and sun set locations but he was never able to reach the limits of Allah's land.

and many others...
     Reply #42 - September 18, 2010, 11:16 PM

I have provided you two evidences. One from Surah-e-Baqarah, and one from surah-e-kahaf. And I pinpointed exact verses. try to read both surah's again and again and again and try to add all the context in it as well. Conclusion would remain the same. Both verses (30 and 36) from Baqarah are contradictory to each other. And all ayats from kahaf that I mentioned exactly mean the same thing I mentioned that Zulqarnain traveled East and West and found the places where sun rises and sun sets. I read the tafseer by Shabbir Ahmed Usmani, for the kahaf, and that idiot tried to cover the fact by saying that Zulqarnain tried to travel East and West to find the sun rise and sun set locations but he was never able to reach the limits of Allah's land.

Surah Baqarah verse 30 is taking about the succession of a khalifah. This is the leader political leader of the muslims.

Verse 36 is talking about what happened at the start with adam alayhisalam.

You didn't even point out what is contradictory. You should be clear here, because at the moment you're very vague.
     Reply #43 - September 19, 2010, 01:01 AM

Reply #44 - September 19, 2010, 05:46 AM

welcome ,ok i hope u do know arabic ... but first thing first ... u want to prove that great X20 parents exsist ... ok lets make an expirament
    u do approve ur human, right ?? or do u need prove to that?? cause this will apply on humans as far as i know ... if you approve then lets start
    1-get married have children and put a piece of ur tissues containing ur DNA in a safe box hence well preserved
    2- tell your son/daughter that this box shouldnt be opened till X20 generations
    3- DNA from the 20th Generation son is taken , he opening the safe box obviously
    4-a DNA lineage test between that DNA in the box (ur DNA) and 20th son's DNA should match
    should prove that !! unfortunatly ur grand X20 parent wasnt aware that his successor would doubt him exsisting... but u should do it to prevent urs from doubting...  

secondly no dahaha in arabic doesnt mean egg shaped

دحا (لسان العرب)
    الدَّحْوُ: البَسْطُ. دَحَا الأَرضَ يَدْحُوها دَحْواً: بَسَطَها.
    وقال الفراء في قوله عز وجل: والأَرض بعد ذلك دَحاها، قال: بَسَطَها؛ قال شمر: وأَنشدتني أَعرابية: الحمدُ لله الذي أَطاقَا، بَنَى السماءَ فَوْقَنا طِباقَا، ثم دَحا الأَرضَ فما أَضاقا قال شمر: وفسرته فقالت دَحَا الأَرضَ أَوْسَعَها؛ وأَنشد ابن بري لزيد بن عمرو بن نُفَيْل: دَحَاها، فلما رآها اسْتَوَتْ على الماء، أَرْسَى عليها الجِبالا ودَحَيْتُ الشيءَ أَدْحاهُ دَحْياً: بَسَطْته، لغة في دَحَوْتُه؛ حكاها اللحياني.
    وفي حديث عليّ وصلاتهِ، رضي الله عنه: اللهم دَاحِيَ المَدْحُوَّاتِ، يعني باسِطَ الأَرَضِينَ ومُوَسِّعَها، ويروى؛ دَاحِيَ المَدْحِيَّاتِ.
    والدَّحْوُ: البَسْطُ. يقال: دَحَا يَدْحُو ويَدْحَى أَي بَسَطَ ووسع.
    والأُدْحِيُّ والإدْحِيُّ والأُدْحِيَّة والإدْحِيَّة والأُدْحُوّة: مَبِيض النعام في الرمل، وزنه أُفْعُول من ذلك، لأَن النعامة تَدْحُوه برِجْلها ثم تَبِيض فيه وليس للنعام عُشٌّ.
    ومَدْحَى النعام: موضع بيضها، وأُدْحِيُّها: موضعها الذي تُفَرِّخ فيه

Confucius:
    "What you do not like done to yourself, do not unto others."
     Reply #45 - September 19, 2010, 05:52 AM

so no dhaha as seen above means the place where the ostrichs lays her eggs or flattened simple as that
    oh the source so u wont think i am fooling u is = http://www.baheth.info/all.jsp?term=دحاها

to further add ... u r talking about the creator of the universe .. so saying egg shaped (again for the sake of an argument as he didnt) would be highly in accurate ... the earth is a obliate spheroid due to spin and this = no egg shapes have u seen an ostrich egg or any egg for that matter..

as for evolution (which has nothing to do with the first "living thing") even if i give u (for the sake of an argument)
    that the first cell was accually from god or watever ... how does this prove adam and eve story?? so god made a cell that evolved after billions of years to watever we can see now of life diversity ... yet he mentions adam and eve in the quran ? dont u think its abit contradictory ??

mentioning adam shaped by his own  hands from clay and eve from him simply doesnt = one cell diversity to all life forms  , unless u think the story is metaphorical ... which i would advise greatly!!

Confucius:
     Reply #46 - September 19, 2010, 07:56 AM

I don't think ambiguity is a literary device.

Cheesy

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #47 - September 22, 2010, 11:57 AM

I apologize that my answers will be very concise, as I am a bit low on time.

How wonderful to meet you. Good to see another Canadian on a site infested with Brits. I live and work in North America too but I'm really an English ex-pat. Does that mean I infest this joint as well? Fascinating.

Before we cross swords TruthSeeker (what a name!), allow me a few words by way of preamble: I won't be asserting the case for atheism in this post. In fact I won't be debating with you at all for now. Instead I just want to draw your attention to some thumpingly glaring fallacies in your chain of argument that will undo you like the flies of a strapping gallant tumbling girls on the bed. I'm a spectator cheering from the ringside and monitoring that fair play is observed. Cheering for whom do you say? Come, come habeebee, I'm perfectly objective! Galloping on to matters Islamic ...

[/quote]
    ok lets take a look =).
    Not so. Evolution has no bearing on the origins of the cosmos or how life arose. The former is addressed by cosmology and the latter by abiogenesis. Evolution only accounts for the diversity of life once it emerges. To confound these disparate branches of science is like confusing the Quran with the hadith, and it makes you appear like, well, a knuckle-dragging neanderthal (no pun). To inform yourself about the elementary facts of science please consult the videos below about abiogenesis, evolution and cosmologly.

It would be better if we avoided direct or indirect insults.

In any case, evolution cannot be looked at simply from the perspective of what happened once life first arose, but must be taken in with the whole set of related beliefs.

Not so. The constitution roundly forbids "cruel and unusual punishment" under whose rubric torture falls. One must draw a sharp distinction between rogue US officials (a la Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld who should be arraigned before the Hague for war crimes) and the plain law of the land. The reason why Gitmo is stationed on foreign territory is precisely because it is beyond the jurisdiction of US district courts in which the ACLU might successfully challenge its legality.

This is not entirely correct. The constitution is just part of the structure of how the US executive system in particular works, another aspect being executive orders. In addition, national security plays a far larger role now, drifting towards socialistic beliefs of the whole as greater than the individual.

Not so. This fallacy is commonly known as the Nuremburg Defence: It does not follow that one ought to blindly obey arbitrary power on the grounds that we might otherwise come to some harm. Taken to its logical conclusion, the corrolary is that it may be justified to worship tyrants merely because they command a frighteningly powerful state. To employ a platitude: Might does not make right. If Allah exhibits the behaviour of a political gangster in the mould of Hitler, up with him we should not put.

The Nuremburg Defence cannot be applied to this argument in this way, because you have not understood what it means to even have a Creator. I mentioned two If conditions:

1) If it can be proven without any doubt the universe had a Creator, and
    2) If it can be proven without any doubt that the Creator communicated with the creation.

The logical conclusion is therefore that to obey other than the Creator, or to disobey the Creator is irrational, as the Creator of the universe create thought/logic/life/the cosmos/etc.

To dispute the logic, you would have to argue against one of the two if conditions. My argument is valid. We are here to discuss whether the premises are sound are not.

Please note that in the domain of science words like "nothing" and "theory" bear a different significance to their conventional meaning. In physics "nothing" does not entail empty space. To explain how Allah created the cosmos ex-nihilo (out of nothing) one has to carefully describe from what he created matter. Going further, one must explain in what place God himself resides, and who created that plane of existence. In other words, we have the famous infinite regression again, for positing a creator only invites further mysteries. Nothing is thereby solved.

The aforementioned videos:

Abiogenesis :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6QYDdgP9eg

Evolution :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vss1VKN2rf8

Cosmology :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQGJnE8Y6n8

Hope that helps Smiley

When we speak of nothing, I am speaking not of nothing as in energy, but rather as in the existence of nothing because energy is not nothing. Whether we are looking at M-theory, string theory without the Higg's boson, or the theories surrounding dark matter, none of them even make the claim there was an absolute nothing and then something arose. They still start with something.

The question of 'where' and 'who' the Creator is not a possible question. This is because the only way to answer these questions is to be outside the universe, which is impossible. We have an inherent observational limitation and compromise the question by simply existing in the universe.

As for the videos, the scientific method today is not a belief. Rather, it is a method by which to observe things better and make conclusion about reality based on the observations. And as technology progresses, we can observe things with more detail.

Abiogenesis: there is in fact a direct correlation between evolution and abiogensis. This is because if we were to conclude that the first form of life was a human being based on another set of facts, then certain parts of the theory of evolution would contradict this other set of facts. So the origin of life is not irrelevant as the person makes it seem to evolution. The rest of the video is attaching a lot of scientific observations and speculations and creating from them a conclusion that cannot be made yet. In fact, the conclusion can be argued in either direction.

I'm running out of time so I'll try to watch the other ones later if you feel that it is really relevant to our discussion.

Thanks!

welcome ,ok i hope u do know arabic ... but first thing first ... u want to prove that great X20 parents exsist ... ok lets make an expirament
    u do approve ur human, right ?? or do u need prove to that?? cause this will apply on humans as far as i know ... if you approve then lets start
    1-get married have children and put a piece of ur tissues containing ur DNA in a safe box hence well preserved
    2- tell your son/daughter that this box shouldnt be opened till X20 generations
    3- DNA from the 20th Generation son is taken , he opening the safe box obviously
    4-a DNA lineage test between that DNA in the box (ur DNA) and 20th son's DNA should match
    should prove that !! unfortunatly ur grand X20 parent wasnt aware that his successor would doubt him exsisting... but u should do it to prevent urs from doubting...  

No, all this proves is for that one person they had that person as a grandparent and they existed. To apply it outside of that requires analogy and rational deduction.

If you accept rational deduction and analogy as a firm basis in science, then we have gotten somewhere =).

secondly no dahaha in arabic doesnt mean egg shaped

دحا (لسان العرب)
    الدَّحْوُ: البَسْطُ. دَحَا الأَرضَ يَدْحُوها دَحْواً: بَسَطَها.
    وقال الفراء في قوله عز وجل: والأَرض بعد ذلك دَحاها، قال: بَسَطَها؛ قال شمر: وأَنشدتني أَعرابية: الحمدُ لله الذي أَطاقَا، بَنَى السماءَ فَوْقَنا طِباقَا، ثم دَحا الأَرضَ فما أَضاقا قال شمر: وفسرته فقالت دَحَا الأَرضَ أَوْسَعَها؛ وأَنشد ابن بري لزيد بن عمرو بن نُفَيْل: دَحَاها، فلما رآها اسْتَوَتْ على الماء، أَرْسَى عليها الجِبالا ودَحَيْتُ الشيءَ أَدْحاهُ دَحْياً: بَسَطْته، لغة في دَحَوْتُه؛ حكاها اللحياني.
    وفي حديث عليّ وصلاتهِ، رضي الله عنه: اللهم دَاحِيَ المَدْحُوَّاتِ، يعني باسِطَ الأَرَضِينَ ومُوَسِّعَها، ويروى؛ دَاحِيَ المَدْحِيَّاتِ.
    والدَّحْوُ: البَسْطُ. يقال: دَحَا يَدْحُو ويَدْحَى أَي بَسَطَ ووسع.
    والأُدْحِيُّ والإدْحِيُّ والأُدْحِيَّة والإدْحِيَّة والأُدْحُوّة: مَبِيض النعام في الرمل، وزنه أُفْعُول من ذلك، لأَن النعامة تَدْحُوه برِجْلها ثم تَبِيض فيه وليس للنعام عُشٌّ.
    ومَدْحَى النعام: موضع بيضها، وأُدْحِيُّها: موضعها الذي تُفَرِّخ فيه

You gave me a partial definition. Or not all the contexts anyways. I saw the link you gave me later, but I have to add a few things.

Daha is applied to a thing, so you daha some dough. You also have dahu. But amongst the more important alterations is for example the word madhi for an ostrich, or the term adhiha for the nest of those eggs.

Arabic is not one-dimensional, and requires more elaboration than just a dictionary, which will give you all the basis but cannot elaborate on every single context all the time.

so no dhaha as seen above means the place where the ostrichs lays her eggs or flattened simple as that
    oh the source so u wont think i am fooling u is = http://www.baheth.info/all.jsp?term=دحاها

to further add ... u r talking about the creator of the universe .. so saying egg shaped (again for the sake of an argument as he didnt) would be highly in accurate ... the earth is a obliate spheroid due to spin and this = no egg shapes have u seen an ostrich egg or any egg for that matter..

as for evolution (which has nothing to do with the first "living thing") even if i give u (for the sake of an argument)
    that the first cell was accually from god or watever ... how does this prove adam and eve story?? so god made a cell that evolved after billions of years to watever we can see now of life diversity ... yet he mentions adam and eve in the quran ? dont u think its abit contradictory ??

mentioning adam shaped by his own  hands from clay and eve from him simply doesnt = one cell diversity to all life forms  , unless u think the story is metaphorical ... which i would advise greatly!!

errr... ostritch eggs are geosphirical and they are extended at the sides just like the earth.

http://www.urbanshamanism.com/CloseUpPages/Closeuppics/OtherCloseuppics/OstrichEgg.jpg

They are NOT like chicken or other eggs.

Reply #48 - September 22, 2010, 12:03 PM

Hi Truthseeker - would you mind coming to this thread http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=12504.new#new, Ive got a couple of questions I would like to ask you **Islame drops a path of sweets**

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #49 - September 22, 2010, 02:03 PM

sorry but what u have just said sir is a LOAD OF CRAP

1- if this expirement applies to one ape it will apply to all apes (unless ur an alien with unassessed rules of inheritance) ... can u pls design one that works to find god ... u cant ..
    2- no duhaha or duhya or fricking watever doesnt mean a frickin ostrich egg .... where is ur fricking source a mo3gam if u fricking pls ... and i read my entire mo3gam source i posted, it says nothing about a fricking egg!!
    3- why not use http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2009/04/ostrich2.jpg as an egg .. why not pick that egg ??
    4- and incase of evolution "that cant be looked upon fricking directly" "where did the friking first cell come from" is just utterly hypocritical ... it simply doesnt matter, the quran says adam (form clay) and eve (from him) ..not first cell .... evolution is a fact .. face it !!!
    5- just give it a couple of years and inshallah a man made cell will be created in the lab .. from scratch will u then accept that something is wrong?? or is ur fricking head going never never !! 

Confucius:
     Reply #50 - September 22, 2010, 11:14 PM

Reply #51 - September 23, 2010, 04:33 PM

Science treats only of the natural world. If your contention is that a super-natural agent created the world, the question ceases to be a scientific one. We enter the realm of theology, of angels, of fairies, of flying unicorns. As a devotee of Islam, you are quite justified in suspending your higher cerebral faculties when you venture on Friday to the Sword of the Infidel-Slayer Mosque, but when you enter a physics laboratory with a view to conscript the tools of independent verification to theological ends, science cannot help you. If the universe had a beginning (and the multiverse theory questions this) we shall find out by what manner it popped into existence through organic and natural avenues, through theoretical physics, through the rational operations of the human mind. The fevered fantasies of illiterate Arab cave dwellers may not be pluggd into modern gaps of our understanding. The trouble universally with gaps is that they have an annoying habit of being closed. Not a clever foundation upon which to erect your God.

Excellent way of putting it.  Afro

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #52 - September 23, 2010, 08:05 PM

Reply #53 - September 23, 2010, 08:41 PM

LOL - I don't meet your criteria - I'm probably old enough to be your mum.   dance

"The greatest general is not the one who can take the most cities or spill the most blood. The greatest general is the one who can take Heaven and Earth without waging the battle." ~ Sun Tzu

Reply #54 - September 28, 2010, 03:49 PM

sorry but what u have just said sir is a LOAD OF CRAP

1- if this expirement applies to one ape it will apply to all apes (unless ur an alien with unassessed rules of inheritance) ... can u pls design one that works to find god ... u cant ..
    2- no duhaha or duhya or fricking watever doesnt mean a frickin ostrich egg .... where is ur fricking source a mo3gam if u fricking pls ... and i read my entire mo3gam source i posted, it says nothing about a fricking egg!!
    3- why not use http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2009/04/ostrich2.jpg as an egg .. why not pick that egg ??
    4- and incase of evolution "that cant be looked upon fricking directly" "where did the friking first cell come from" is just utterly hypocritical ... it simply doesnt matter, the quran says adam (form clay) and eve (from him) ..not first cell .... evolution is a fact .. face it !!!
    5- just give it a couple of years and inshallah a man made cell will be created in the lab .. from scratch will u then accept that something is wrong?? or is ur fricking head going never never !! 

1) This is not decisive proof. If you are going to take one example and generalize it, then your entire theory falls apart. This would mean you would 100% have to believe in a Creator to this universe at the very least.

2) yes your source doesn't mention it, because it's giving a base dictionary definition WITHOUT expanding the linguistics. Language is not just one word. It has sets of words, which derive from other roots, and the roots have their own historical past. Conjugating the word can change meaning to some extent, depending on how they are similar to other terms.

3) Ok... I don't see the issue here.

4) what? What do adam and eve have to do with evolution? I didn't even mention adam and eve yet, we are talking about whether evolution is fact as you seem to describe it, or another theory built from the human mind. You simply take facts and you fit them together into a pre-conditioned model that you call a theory. It is NOT fact, NOR is it decisive.

5) You cannot create life. Do it, and come then talk to me.

Same disclaimer again: I shall not make the case for atheism. Just sweeping away the intellectual debris. It might suffocate us. A thousand apologies if you took umbrage at my last post. Quite unintended  Smiley
    Partly agreed.  Theoretically speaking, if the president is found dismembering the constitition he may be instantly impeached by congress, and to prison he wil go. Why it seldom happens owes to political chicanery. The judicary is the only arm of the state authorised to interpret the constitition and nothing the president may do can override this.  The machinations of rogue officials notwithstanding, my contention here is only that torture is not a legal instrument in Freedom's Land as you intimated. I'm sorry to observe that mere  trousered apes have a superior moral code to Allah who can think of no better use of his creative time than tormenting people who object to his sadism for eons and eons.

Whether torture is part of the constitution or not, the system in the United States is capitalism, supported by democracy. By it's very nature, democracy makes the legal arm subject to change, and capitalism places the power in the hands of those who attain the most monetary wealth. You cannot maintain or hold any sort of stable moral code.

Back to the point you are making, the constitution itself is a general structure for the people. However, it's definitions are not static, and what is considered cruel and unusal punishment to one, is not so to another. This is the nature of democracy, where legislation will always change.

Mistaken is the notion that merely stringing together a series of premises clinches an argument.  There is such a thing as a non sequitur. The Nuremberg Fallacy is not contingent on atheism, but an elementary fact of moral ethics.  My case is that power worship is indefensible even if one admits of a creator because power is not always wisely deployed as tyrants routinely demonstrate. Until you have conclusively shown quite why blind devotion to supernatural agents defies the Nuremberg principle, the fallacy holds. My contention recall is not that Allah does not exist, but merely that frightening power alone is not reason enough for obedience to any entity, Hitler, Stalin or Allah . To make a compelling case, one must show by a series of logical inferences that  follow distinctly one from the other why the Nuremberg Principle is supernaturally negated. This you have not.

The point of communication is to convey a message. It would be better if you were direct and clear in your reply if you don't mind.

You have made an analogy here between the power of a tyrant and the power of the Creator. This is not sound, because the power of a tyrant is taken by force, whereas the power of the Creator is a reality of life that can never change. It would be more adequate for you to make the analogy between the power of the force of gravity and the Creator. And even this does not suffice, because this power is contained within the universe. In other words, you can't make a real analogy here at all, since you are comparing power within the universe, to something outside it's very limits.

The Nuremberg Defence, as I understand it, refers to using "because such and such told me to" as a justification. However, if I am commanded by Creator to do something, for me to oppose it is irrational. Your judgment would not be whether what I did was right or wrong, but rather whether my source is fallible or not.

To use an example, if I kill someone, and say because my father told me to, this is not a defence. This is because my father is a finite human being who does not define right and wrong.

Another example is more akin to your own golden principle. If I were to say I murdered someone because I follow the golden principle and I would have no problem letting someone murder me, I have appealed to another authority. But again, the golden principle is not infallible.

Therefore the only way to ever justify any action is by using the Creator as the standard. So if no Creator exists, then you will always fall under some form of the nuremberg defence, should you choose to defend yourself.

Science treats only of the natural world. If your contention is that a super-natural agent created the world, the question ceases to be a scientific one. We enter the realm of theology, of angels, of fairies, of flying unicorns. As a devotee of Islam, you are quite justified in suspending your higher cerebral faculties when you venture on Friday to the Sword of the Infidel-Slayer Mosque, but when you enter a physics laboratory with a view to conscript the tools of independent verification to theological ends, science cannot help you. If the universe had a beginning (and the multiverse theory questions this) we shall find out by what manner it popped into existence through organic and natural avenues, through theoretical physics, through the rational operations of the human mind. The fevered fantasies of illiterate Arab cave dwellers may not be pluggd into modern gaps of our understanding. The trouble universally with gaps is that they have an annoying habit of being closed. Not a clever foundation upon which to erect your God.

Addendum: Yes I commend the short educational videos in my last post. To pre-empt scientific misunderstanding.

You added in a lot of fluff here as well as well as backhanded and loaded insults =/.

Your first sentence suffices to summarize, and I don't disagree with it at all. In fact, that is what I was trying to point out. Modern science deals with the DIRECTLY observable and tangible. The Creator is neither, so if you prove the Creator exists through rational deduction, that's as far as you will get. I have not mentioned anything about who the Creator is I believe.
     Reply #55 - September 28, 2010, 04:24 PM

Reply #56 - September 28, 2010, 04:56 PM

meet u here i a couple of years when ... a cell is created in the lab from scratch!!
    the first cell with different DNA sequence (man-computer made)... it was jump started.. giving us a new specie has been made in the lab!!

u didnt give me ur fabulous linguistic source about the duhaha word ... my source mentions the basic dictonary meaning and the tounge of the arabs ... (lessan el arab)  ..was wondering, a side question , do u even know arabic?

and yes evolution is a fact , pls spare me the dilemma ... like gravity and germs .... they all are theories u know , theories because the full/all mechanisms are still not discovered but the results and effects are facts (i.e we know that natural selection and mutation do play a role , but is there other mechanisms perhaps), cause in science they accually work to find new stuff out to understand everythng around us rather than claiming s***

so that egg in the picture is = to earth's shape, wonderful!!!

and its kinda fascinating really that establishing that someone's great grand x20 parents exsisted doesnt proove that urs did!! is it because u are an exception to the rules and laws of nature??

and yes i am a deist i believe in some sort of a creator .. but thats a personal belief that i am never going to impose on someone as the absolute truth

Confucius:
     Reply #57 - October 01, 2010, 09:41 AM

Social legislation may be subject to change, but torture is not. Any punishment which falls outside a custodial sentence or a fine is beyond the pale. Torture is not part of the law.

So if the majority were to vote to allow torture, this is wrong? But in a democracy it is always supposed to be majority opinion.

In addition, you and I both know that national security has it's own set of rules. It becomes more utilitarian.

See case Trop v. Dulles.
    Not so. The authority of God derives from brute force. The Quran is replete with threats against the dissenter. This is the perfect distillation of tyranny. Both the temporal and the spiritual tyrant are animated by the same gangsterism, the same bullying tone, the same recourse to might. The Nuremburg principle holds: Obey not arbitrary might.

You mention god and the Qur'an. I am talking about the Creator of this universe. We are not discussing the Qur'an, or the word "God." I hope you understand this difference, because we have not gotten to a discussion of whether the Qur'an is true, or what "God" even means.

What on earth can "loaded insult" mean? Did I trample your feelings underfoot? Poor widdle thing. I was quite unware I had personally slighted you. If you can point to an instance of this, I will of course apologise.

Well it is as I said at the start. I had hoped for a level of respect and kind and honest discussion. I did not expect to get it though.

Agreed.  Logical deduction can only support a deist God. By what tortuous logic then do you establish that God in his boundless wisdom thought to communicate with an illiterate Arab businessman who had a taste for young girls?

You cannot say deist, because this requires evidence. Instead, the most we would say is simply the universe was created, and this Creator is not bound by what is created and has a will. We can say no more without diving deeper into what this Creator has to do with anything.

and yes evolution is a fact , pls spare me the dilemma ... like gravity and germs .... they all are theories u know , theories because the full/all mechanisms are still not discovered but the results and effects are facts (i.e we know that natural selection and mutation do play a role , but is there other mechanisms perhaps), cause in science they accually work to find new stuff out to understand everythng around us rather than claiming s***

and its kinda fascinating really that establishing that someone's great grand x20 parents exsisted doesnt proove that urs did!! is it because u are an exception to the rules and laws of nature??

and yes i am a deist i believe in some sort of a creator .. but thats a personal belief that i am never going to impose on someone as the absolute truth

Deist, which would mean you do believe that there is a Creator to the universe.

So my claim to you is that there were prophets and that the last of them was the prophet muhammed peace be upon him. And my proof for this would be the Qur'an. Our further discussion will lie there.

Going back to two points you made, the first is one of theory. Few people go through the trouble of deeply studying theories like M-theory with quantum mechanics, or the details of how the scientific method works or was crafted.

A theory is supposed to be a collection of observations made directly or indirectly, to form a conclusion about reality. Traditionally, this meant not just the use of the senses, but also rational deduction, indirect evidences, etc which are used inconsistently today.

What I mean is this. You said this:

"establishing that someone's great grand x20 parents exsisted doesnt proove that urs did!! is it because u are an exception to the rules and laws of nature"

So if I give you an example of a person who I can prove to you has blue blood cells, does this mean the rest of the population does? No, you will have to look into it more would you not? Then you look at other people and find they have blue blood cells as well. How many people will you have to go through to determine whether your conclusion is correct or not?

Of course for us, if we are using our full capacity in thought then it's a matter of applying something we prove to other things that are similar, a way of analogy or rational deduction. In fact, I know i had great grad parents 20x because every human around me is born from their parents, and I am as well. And I see evidence of the same one step before. So naturally, I apply this backwards as far as possible.

In evolution, they break this chain further backwards by comparing us to animals saying we evolved somehow. They find a piece of evidence here and one there. But I do not take this over my rational deduction, because human beings are not animals, we are different.

Rationally, we both must admit there is a Creator, causality being on of the obvious reasons. My claim goes further, to say that the Creator communicated with creation through the Qur'an, and thus for me this source takes a priority over any other source. This is simply because while I may observe things around me, they are all still fallible and part of this universe, just like me. The Creator however created the universe, and anything said by Him is beyond any sort of doubt. If a person wishes to change my priority, they need to show why the Qur'an is not from this Creator. That is where our discussion goes =).
     Reply #58 - October 01, 2010, 11:30 AM

i am done here ... after the blue blood anology i am all done ...how stupid is such an anology ever heard of physiology vs pathology
    u have no idea how Facts apply ,  u think ur more than just an animal yet you do exactly everything like animals ..
    u think the creator would limit himself by a book (full of myth) when he has created far more complicted things..
    u think poofing humans to exsistance is accually more powerful than creating a fully funcional system(universe) where everything evolves and increases in complexity by laws that the creator has set in place..

i am all for a deistic argument .   u think  a human lived inside a whale (no rationality , the only possibility is magic), a prophet marrying a 9 year old fighting to spread the so called creator's word (as if the creator needs that) , having slaves , and concubines (carried the creator's message).. u are limiting urs , i will never limit mine
    creating then judging u , yet knowing what u will eventually do  (eradicating the entire purpose of the test/worship me dilemma).. a playdoll u r

u claim to know everything he wants (how arrogant), i dont

N.B
    some people here might not like a deistic argument ... but hey i am keeping my beliefs to myself.

Confucius:
     Reply #59 - October 13, 2010, 02:16 PM

i am done here ... after the blue blood anology i am all done ...how stupid is such an anology ever heard of physiology vs pathology
    u have no idea how Facts apply ,  u think ur more than just an animal yet you do exactly everything like animals ..
    u think the creator would limit himself by a book (full of myth) when he has created far more complicted things..
    u think poofing humans to exsistance is accually more powerful than creating a fully funcional system(universe) where everything evolves and increases in complexity by laws that the creator has set in place..

i am all for a deistic argument .   u think  a human lived inside a whale (no rationality , the only possibility is magic), a prophet marrying a 9 year old fighting to spread the so called creator's word (as if the creator needs that) , having slaves , and concubines (carried the creator's message).. u are limiting urs , i will never limit mine
    creating then judging u , yet knowing what u will eventually do  (eradicating the entire purpose of the test/worship me dilemma).. a playdoll u r

u claim to know everything he wants (how arrogant), i dont

N.B
    some people here might not like a deistic argument ... but hey i am keeping my beliefs to myself.

You see, your entire understanding of fikar, and the 'aql come from the capitalist/secular aqeedah. I noticed in another area that you are in egypt, which now makes sense to me.

The muslim lands have been under colonization for almost a century now, man of them being colonized for far longer. In fact, egypt has been under this sort for a very long time, a puppet regime with the face of husni mubarak the tyrant. And Islam is taught in a version that can coincide with the capitalistic creed, thus muslims in general have embraced a form of seclarism.

Your entire view of life is through this lens. If I say such and such, you look upon the single matter through the lens of secular logic and tell me that it is impossible. You have not understood the viewpoint of Islam in life at all. If you had, you would never have asked the questions you did.

The sad part is, I cannot even show you practical application to islam today, because all you see around oyu and have seen your whole life is colonization and the spread of western ideals, just like I have. And we develop an empathy for them, since that is what is taught in our education systems. Anything wth the banner of islam is either confined to a view that does not incorporate the modern day reality, or it is a reform of islam based on western values.

Try if you can to think through my perspective. If I believe there is a Creator, how can my 'aql discern what this Creator is? This is impossible. But if I am able to PROVE that this book called the Qur'an is from this Creator, what reason would I have to ever not do what it says? Sure, if I cannot prove this book is from this Creator, then I agree with you. I would reject all this as well.

The 'aql cannot discern what is not real. You cannot look at each single case and try to find the maslaha behind it, because this would be trying to put yourself in the shoes of the Creator. This is again impossible.

Challenege me on the basis of belief. Challenege me to say there is NO origin to this universe. Or challenge my linking the Qur'an to this Creator. Challenging anything below that makes no sense, because my claim is that benefit in terms of what I see is irrelevant when I have the whole picture from the Creator of everything anyways. Yaqeen would be reached for me because any human would believe the Creator of everything over even themselves. Unless there is no Creator, or unless you don't have a qati' link to the Creator.

Do you understand this?
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »