Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
Today at 08:47 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 03:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 04:08 AM

New Britain
June 02, 2024, 05:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 02:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 03:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 08:51 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Movies you watched and would recommend

(Read 68521 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Movies you watched and would recommend
     Reply #270 - May 17, 2015, 11:42 AM

It's less of an I, Robot/Stephen Spielberg's A.I. and far more in line with psychology than it is sci-fi. The film itself is very much about psychology, not really anything to do with the Terminator or Isaac Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics genre.

What is AI? What is conciousness? How do we tell? How do we judge life? What are the consequences of our assumption?

These are the themes of the film. Definitely worth a watch.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #271 - May 17, 2015, 01:57 PM

Reminds of the themse from HER. I will definitely watch the two of these when I'm in a more thoughtful mood. They're films that deserve attention. Are you into horror movies?

If so watch 'mamma', 'babadook' and 'Honeymoon'. Amazing movies. 

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #272 - May 17, 2015, 02:04 PM

I've seen Babadook. Good flick. There's a number of films/books/comics I've found over the years where you don't know if something is real or just a figment of someone's imagination. Some better than others. A pity there are so few.

Please tell me you've seen/read Nightbreed (book is called Cabal).

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #273 - May 17, 2015, 02:10 PM

Nope. Let me know as I love good horror and like you've said they're so few and far between.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #274 - May 17, 2015, 02:46 PM

I watched the new Asterix movie. Hilarious.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #275 - May 17, 2015, 03:13 PM

What is it called? I loved Cleo and Asterix?

Reply #276 - May 17, 2015, 04:02 PM

Asterix and Obelix: Mansion of the Gods I think it's called in English

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #277 - May 17, 2015, 04:20 PM

Heard of it. Will watch it. Thanks

Reply #278 - May 18, 2015, 01:09 PM

I'd give Mad Max a 8.5 out of 10. I don't think the characetrisation was there and I couldn't care much about what happened to Max. He was a disposable character. I was emotionally invested in say the girls more than him. But this is bllody tragi-hilarious. Whya re some men so stupid?

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mad-max-fury-road-enrages-mens-rights-activists-who-claim-they-are-being-duped-by-explosions-into-watching-feminist-propaganda-10249443.html

Reply #279 - May 18, 2015, 01:20 PM

That whining was the funniest thing I've read in a while.

Reply #280 - May 18, 2015, 02:04 PM

Mad Max actress Charlize Theron makes an interesting point about Hollywood seeing women as either the good mother or the whore.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/may/14/charlize-theron-mad-max-imperator-furiosa-feminist-icon

Reply #281 - May 18, 2015, 02:35 PM

Great interview. I think the news editor made Theron sound more cynical with the silly headline. I so wish this Gamergate, Feminazi, MRA idiots become more marginalised and let everyone enjoy the movie - male or female!

Reply #282 - May 18, 2015, 03:52 PM

The Congress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rNSTizOsws

Very strange, but fascinating movie.  Really critiques so much in society at the moment, and leaves you with nothing but despair at the end. 

Great movie.  Odd.....but great.   

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #283 - May 18, 2015, 04:00 PM

Have you seen Another Earth? Might be right up your alley.

Blindness was absolutely gripping when I saw it. An epidemic of blindness is striking people and in a desperate move the afflicted are put into what are basically camps. As well as being locked up the blind people develop a hierarchy. I really can't go into it without spoiling it in some way, but I definitely recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93-tPiWFdA

Reply #284 - May 20, 2015, 06:31 AM

Have you seen Another Earth? Might be right up your alley.

Blindness was absolutely gripping when I saw it. An epidemic of blindness is striking people and in a desperate move the afflicted are put into what are basically camps. As well as being locked up the blind people develop a hierarchy. I really can't go into it without spoiling it in some way, but I definitely recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93-tPiWFdA

That actually looks pretty damn good, I will definitely watch it, thanks for the heads up, I hadn't heard of it.

I also haven't watched Another Earth yet, I do need to catch up on my movies now that I'm finished at uni. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #285 - May 20, 2015, 07:00 AM

This won't be most people's cup of tea, but I quite liked The Man From Earth. It's the story of an immortal caveman. He was living his life and one day 14000 years ago through some genetic fluke he stopped ageing. The film is him telling his story. There's no action scenes, no flashbacks, no CGI, just this man and some people who know him listening to his story and asking questions.

Reply #286 - May 20, 2015, 07:47 AM

Another Earth is an incredible movie.
     Reply #287 - May 20, 2015, 07:49 AM

It's less of an I, Robot/Stephen Spielberg's A.I. and far more in line with psychology than it is sci-fi. The film itself is very much about psychology, not really anything to do with the Terminator or Isaac Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics genre.

What is AI? What is conciousness? How do we tell? How do we judge life? What are the consequences of our assumption?

These are the themes of the film. Definitely worth a watch.

Sci-fi is a wide genre and definitely includes philosophical/psychological aspects.

Regardless, that sounds like something I need to watch. Although when I first saw the trailer it seemed it's something that's been done before.
     Reply #288 - May 20, 2015, 07:54 AM

I watched that movie last night, i love sci fi but i didn't find it that deep or meaningful, was very predictable, perhaps i missed something..  by far my favourite  A.I. movie is Blade Runner with Rutger Hauer (however that's spelt)   
     Reply #289 - May 20, 2015, 07:55 AM

This is a cute movie:

A 10-year old transgender boy moves to a new neighborhood with his family. He introduces himself as a boy for the first time to new friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb-Oys-IcWE
     Reply #290 - May 20, 2015, 07:56 AM

I watched that movie last night, i love sci fi but i didn't find it that deep or meaningful, was very predictable, perhaps i missed something..  by far my favourite  A.I. movie is Blade Runner with Rutger Hauer (however that's spelt)

That's the impression I got from the trailer.
     Reply #291 - May 21, 2015, 02:04 AM

Mad Max Fury Road Absolutely worth every penny! I might go back there for a third time smdh  dance

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
     Reply #292 - May 21, 2015, 05:16 AM

Going again to watch in 3D can't wait for this.

Reply #293 - May 21, 2015, 12:19 PM

I watched the three original(Mel Gibson staring) Mad Max movies recently and really enjoyed them, my favourite being the second one, "The Road Warrior". I also saw many parallels with this movie and what's happening in Syria-Iraq at the moment.
    Humungus=Bagdadi
    Gasoline Hoarding Settlement=Yazzidis or an other minority group ripe for persecution, plunder and general genocide.
    Max could have been a couragous Pesmerga fighter trapped behind enemy lines.
    Obviously the words to the theme tune in this version would have to be
    "WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER BEARDO . . . ". Cheesy
     Reply #294 - May 21, 2015, 12:46 PM

Fury Road has a lot of parallels to Road Warrior.

Reply #295 - May 21, 2015, 12:55 PM

^
    Really looking forward to that, didn't realise it had been released yet.
     Reply #296 - May 21, 2015, 01:01 PM

50 shades of gray  Tongue
    trolololo

Sometimes a girl has to be like the snow, beautiful, but cold...
     Reply #297 - May 21, 2015, 01:08 PM

^
    Lol lol lol
     Reply #298 - May 21, 2015, 01:14 PM

^ Thank you sign

Sometimes a girl has to be like the snow, beautiful, but cold...
     Reply #299 - May 21, 2015, 01:19 PM

^
    Really looking forward to that, didn't realise it had been released yet.

I'm watching it T minus 45 minutes. 3D. I've seen it in 2D and I loved it. Forget all the haterz who try to politicise these fun movies and don't accept it for what it is - entertainment!

Hope you have a blast mate!

• Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »