Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What's happened to the fo...
Yesterday at 07:26 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 06:30 PM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
May 26, 2024, 04:18 PM

New Britain
May 26, 2024, 10:14 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 18, 2024, 03:04 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL

(Read 434762 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 56 57 5859 60 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 'Islamic State' a.k.a. ISIL
     Reply #1710 - December 04, 2014, 10:21 PM

I doubt Kurds are good at running in flat lands.

However I would hate to try to enter Kurdish territory without invitation.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #1711 - December 05, 2014, 01:20 AM

I love how the one goes goes straight to IS is a Mossad plot and America told him so.  Cheesy
     Reply #1712 - December 07, 2014, 10:09 AM

I doubt Kurds are good at running in flat lands.

However I would hate to try to enter Kurdish territory without invitation.

Na, they know how to run on a plain. In a zigzag, like any population with frequent bombings will do.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #1713 - December 09, 2014, 05:50 PM

what about the persians and kurds involved? the empires were pan-islamic and multi-ethnic. ethnicity/nationality wasnt big back then. 

OK fair point, I stand corrected, can I say an 'Eastern' Golden Age, just so I don't leave anyone out who was part of it, (choose whatever geographical region is correct). My point was that calling it the 'Islamic' Golden Age implies that it was because their religion was correct that they discovered all these things when actually they were just using observation of the real world that is available to everyone.

I always say to those who say "Well Newton/Copernicus/Pasteur was a believer" that the reason they discovered what the did was because they weren't satisfied with "God did it!" as an explanation.

If Newton (in the legend) saw the apple fall and thought "Wow god must make it happen" then he wouldn't have been the father of the laws of motion.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #1714 - December 09, 2014, 08:35 PM

exactly, I'd also like to put that the majority of the scientists in the "Islamic" Golden Age were Persian Muslims and Assyrians/Syrians/Syriacs (I use all words 3 interchangeably).

Hunayn ibn IsHaq (we call him Khaneen Bar IsHaq) was Assyrian/Syriac.

Al-Ṣābiʾ Thābit ibn Qurra al-Ḥarrānī aka Thabit ibn Qurra natively spoke Syriac which was only spoken by Syrians during the time of the Islamic Caliphates.

Ibrahim ibn Sinan ibn Thābit ibn Qurra (grandson of Thabit ibn Qurra) was an Assyrian Muslim. His family were likely Arabized.

Ibn Masawaih the Syrian of Gondishapuri, Iran.
     Reply #1715 - December 09, 2014, 10:20 PM

Reading this thread would be a wet dream for an Orientalist

And puzzling how people like Adey5 are taken seriously on this forum Roll Eyes

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #1716 - December 09, 2014, 11:17 PM

huh? please elaborate.
     Reply #1717 - December 10, 2014, 02:08 AM

I always say to those who say "Well Newton/Copernicus/Pasteur was a believer" that the reason they discovered what the did was because they weren't satisfied with "God did it!" as an explanation.

If Newton (in the legend) saw the apple fall and thought "Wow god must make it happen" then he wouldn't have been the father of the laws of motion.

Actually, Newton was pretty guilty of saying "God did it" from time to time. He and many other religious scientists will be satisfied with this when their respective limits are met. Newton, thankfully, just had such a high limit that it took him a long time to reach the stuff he couldn't make heads nor tails of, and at that point, God definitely did it.
     Reply #1718 - December 10, 2014, 02:10 PM

Journalist Matthew Barber on ISIS, Yazidis, and the Enslavement of Thousands of Women

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjLNcUaIbl8

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #1719 - December 10, 2014, 04:56 PM

Actually, Newton was pretty guilty of saying "God did it" from time to time. He and many other religious scientists will be satisfied with this when their respective limits are met. Newton, thankfully, just had such a high limit that it took him a long time to reach the stuff he couldn't make heads nor tails of, and at that point, God definitely did it.

Yes, you are correct, I was referring to Newton and others' great scientists' discoveries resulting from NOT being satisfied with arguments from ignorance, and when they reached their limits of knowledge or ability to test further, they said 'God did it and gave up, and that is where they were being fallacious, and it was left to later scientists to enhance our knowledge and find answers.

This is a great lecture by Neil de Grasse Tyson that highlights many great scientists of history who discovered great things, then fell to god of the gaps fallacies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1te01rfEF0g

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #1720 - December 11, 2014, 08:38 PM

Amazing. 'Shami Witness' who was basically the biggest English language propagandist for ISIS on twitter, celebrating beheading, killing, jihad and rape, has been exposed by Channel 4 News as an executive working for a conglomerate in Bangalore, India

http://www.channel4.com/news/unmasked-the-man-behind-top-islamic-state-twitter-account-shami-witness-mehdi

God is Love.

Reply #1721 - December 12, 2014, 09:12 AM

Reply #1722 - December 12, 2014, 09:24 AM

Amazing. 'Shami Witness' who was basically the biggest English language propagandist for ISIS on twitter, celebrating beheading, killing, jihad and rape, has been exposed by Channel 4 News as an executive working for a conglomerate in Bangalore, India

http://www.channel4.com/news/unmasked-the-man-behind-top-islamic-state-twitter-account-shami-witness-mehdi

http://www.microfinancemonitor.com/2014/12/12/how-uks-channel-4-traced-is-operative-mehdi-masroor-biswas-in-bangalore/
     Reply #1723 - December 12, 2014, 05:43 PM

ISIS: the inside story - Martin Chulov
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/11/-sp-isis-the-inside-story
     Reply #1724 - December 13, 2014, 05:35 AM

So it was an American plot then?
     Reply #1725 - December 16, 2014, 05:23 AM

Thoughts?

As Pro-ISIS billionaires’ assets confiscated, Dubai stock market is on the brink of collapse

Published on Tuesday, 16 December 2014 08:07 | 2830

(Clicky for piccy!)

Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan, Abu-Dhabi’s crown prince, issued a confidential decree ordering United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) judiciary to expropriate all assets belonging to wealthy Arab businessmen whom adopt ISIS’ strict interpretation of Islam or have any connection with the terrorist organization.

According to our well-Informed sources within the Emirati court, Sheikh al-Nahyan also ordered security forces to prevent all expatriates suspected of having terrorist activities -- and who traveled to war-torn Iraq or Syria to join ISIS-- from returning to UAE.

Dr. Ananth Rao, a visiting professor at the Department of Economics in American University of Dubai believes the new counterterrorism measures adopted by the Emirati officials will certainly jeopardize Dubai’s bustling stock market and will dissuade foreign and local investors to do business just like before.

According to Human Rights Watch (HRW), the Emirati authorities has placed most of Islamist-leaning terrorist suspects --including several wealthy shareholders in Dubai stock market-- under its strict control and in some cases confiscated all their properties.

The Dubai custom officials have the orders to carefully search all consignments belonging to Pro-ISIS businessmen and confiscate dual-use goods in manufacturing explosives.

(Clicky for piccy!)

Since 2011, when the Al Qaeda –influenced riots broke out in Syria, wealthy Arab billionaires in UAE began to finance Islamist rebels and send lethal weapons to al-Nusra Front--al-Qaeda’s offshoot in Syria.

Meanwhile, a photo surfed in social websites showing pro-ISIS graffiti in Dubai highway threating UAE authorities with tit-for-tat attacks after a female Emirati pilot, Mariam al-Mansouri, participated in U.S.-led campaign against ISIS targets in remote areas in Iraq and eastern Syria.

(Clicky for piccy!)

Reply #1726 - December 16, 2014, 05:23 AM

http://awdnews.com/top-news/10398-as-pro-isis-billionaires%E2%80%99-assets-confiscated,-dubai-stock-market-is-on-the-brink-of-collapse.html
     Reply #1727 - December 16, 2014, 06:05 AM

Since 2011, when the Al Qaeda –influenced riots broke out in Syria

See above quote from the article.

That is not true. It was very much part of the Arab Spring movement to start with, calling for more freedoms, democracy and human rights and led by many liberals and secularists.

Al-Qai'da (Jabhat al-Nusra) got involved later when things turned nasty and it's true they (along with ISIS) have now largely sidelined the liberals and secularists.

But that is certainly not how it started.

It's difficult to take the article seriously after such a 'mistake' (or is it intentional?)
     Reply #1728 - December 16, 2014, 07:03 AM

See above quote from the article.

That is not true. It was very much part of the Arab Spring movement to start with, calling for more freedoms, democracy and human rights and led by many liberals and secularists.

Al-Qai'da (Jabhat al-Nusra) got involved later when things turned nasty and it's true they (along with ISIS) have now largely sidelined the liberals and secularists.

But that is certainly not how it started.

It's difficult to take the article seriously after such a 'mistake' (or is it intentional?)

Potentially, it is interesting nonetheless even with the issues you painted there.
     Reply #1729 - December 16, 2014, 07:31 AM

Yes, perhaps I was being a bit harsh in dismissing the whole article. But attributing the Arab Spring to al-Qa'idah pissed me off. Difficult to see how that could be a 'mistake'
     Reply #1730 - December 16, 2014, 10:18 AM

Brother Rasheed's open letter to ISIS leader al Baghdadi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN5zm0bcw60#t=41

I hope Rasheed is safe from harm, and is based in a country where he is safe

God is Love.

Reply #1731 - December 16, 2014, 11:44 AM

Wow. That was perfect.  Afro
     Reply #1732 - December 16, 2014, 11:45 AM

What did Rashid say?
     Reply #1733 - December 16, 2014, 11:47 AM

watch it with the subtitles on. He just says what needs to be said.

It kind of applies to Islamists in general, not just Isis & Baghdadi, about how their delusions will be their destruction, basically

God is Love.

Reply #1734 - December 16, 2014, 11:54 AM

Okay, didn't realise their were subs!
     Reply #1735 - December 16, 2014, 11:56 AM

It's quite long and I'm on my phone, but essentially he is taunting and deriding the Islamic State's "caliph"for not having anything that would make a country a country, like borders, passports, embassies, currency, international recognition, or even a legitimate uniformed army.  He asked why Allah doesn't help them but instead leaves them to hide whole they get pounded by bombs stronger than the birds supposedly sent to destroy Abraha and his elephant army. He asked why they produce nothing but instead rely on kufar for everything, including their underwear and the watch he wears on his right hand -   to be different from the kuffar - all while the kuffar can watch him while he shits and know what stones he uses to wipe his ass. Throughout the entire thing he dismisses their state as a delusion made up of losers and criminals who could amount to nothing in the modern civilized world. That's the gist. It was really good and on point. Maybe if I have time later on I'll do a proper translation.
     Reply #1736 - December 16, 2014, 11:57 AM

Or that.  Cheesy

I didn't see the subs on my phone.
     Reply #1737 - December 16, 2014, 12:16 PM

you have to press the button, do it its worth seeing

God is Love.

Reply #1738 - December 16, 2014, 12:17 PM

you have to press the button, do it its worth seeing

Hehe, I know about the feature just didn't know about them on this vid. I not stoopid, stoopid  Tongue  grin12!
     Reply #1739 - December 16, 2014, 12:32 PM

Dang. Four minutes in, and my internet connection slows beyond its customary crawl...
  • Previous page 1 ... 56 57 5859 60 ... 79 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »