Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:14 PM

New Britain
Today at 02:19 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
Today at 08:47 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 03:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 04:08 AM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 02:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 03:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 08:51 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an Debunked.

(Read 220243 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an Debunked.
     Reply #240 - October 06, 2012, 03:59 PM

Hmm, perhaps someone could consider modifying this wikipedia article on scientific miracles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran_and_miracles

There is an even longer version of it on the Arabic wikipedia.

http://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A5%D8%B9%D8%AC%D8%A7%D8%B2_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%85%D9%8A_%D9%81%D9%8A_%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D8%B1%D8%A2%D9%86

It might be worthwhile to explain how the Saudis deliberatedly manipulated scientists comments on the Quran to produce programs about so-called scientific miracles, and also to provide links to theRationalizers' videos. Maybe the best place to put it is in the actual introduction of the article itself, i.e. to sort of set the context through which these scientific miracles claims first came about.

Be sure to source everything, as long as everything is cited it cannot be edited out.

I just edited the wikipedia article to add this 

In summation all such claims made by individuals following the islamic faith lack any substance and are almost always discovered after the discovery was revealed by scientific research. If asked to provide a miracle in the Quran that has not yet been discovered by science muslims fail to do so.

==Prophecies==

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #241 - October 08, 2012, 06:16 PM

Any insights on this link?
    http://www.islamcan.com/cgi-bin/increaseiman/htmlfiles/static/106860390925480.shtml
     Reply #242 - October 08, 2012, 07:00 PM

You already posted a thread for that Kutta. Don't spam the forum or you'll get smited. Three smites and you get banned.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #243 - October 08, 2012, 08:02 PM

@kutta

Beware

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #244 - October 08, 2012, 11:33 PM

im sorry, I just wanted more insights, because I was still confused.
    I'm sorry though, I won't do it again.
     Reply #245 - October 09, 2012, 12:31 AM

im sorry, I just wanted more insights, because I was still confused.
    I'm sorry though, I won't do it again.

No..no..,    you don't need to be that apologetic  kutta., it is just you didn't know the rules of the  forum .  I guess you seem not to know the rules of any forum..

So, is it your first internet forum that you joined and posting in it??

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #246 - November 11, 2012, 04:51 AM

big bang:

" ...the interpretation of so- called "scientific" verses leaves much to be desired. One of the most frequently cited verses in support of tasir 'ilmi is al-Anbiya: 30:..."have the disbelievers not seen that the heavens and earth were closed up and then we split them open?". The verse is taken to prove that the Qu'ran already prefigured the Big Bang theory. The context of the verse, however hardly admits such interpretation. As Amin Ahsan Islahi says in his commentary on the Qu'ran this verse, in line with those preceding and following it, furnishes proof of monotheism and resurrection. According to Islahi, the verse draws attention to the fact, commonly observed by the Arab addressees of the Qu'ran, that even as the skies and the earth are closed up -- in the sense that no rain alls from the skies and no vegetation grows from the ground -- one sees that, all of a sudden,, the skies open up and send down torrential rains and the earth, dead until now, is revived through the agency of rainwater and yields its treasures of vegetation."

http://www.tebyan.net/newindex.aspx?pid=27504
     Reply #247 - November 11, 2012, 05:42 AM

big bang:

" ...the interpretation of so- called "scientific" verses leaves much to be desired. One of the most frequently cited verses in support of tasir 'ilmi is al-Anbiya: 30:..."have the disbelievers not seen that the heavens and earth were closed up and then we split them open?". The verse is taken to prove that the Qu'ran already prefigured the Big Bang theory. The context of the verse, however hardly admits such interpretation. As Amin Ahsan Islahi says in his commentary on the Qu'ran this verse, in line with those preceding and following it, furnishes proof of monotheism and resurrection. According to Islahi, the verse draws attention to the fact, commonly observed by the Arab addressees of the Qu'ran, that even as the skies and the earth are closed up -- in the sense that no rain alls from the skies and no vegetation grows from the ground -- one sees that, all of a sudden,, the skies open up and send down torrential rains and the earth, dead until now, is revived through the agency of rainwater and yields its treasures of vegetation."

http://www.tebyan.net/newindex.aspx?pid=27504

Fools like Amin Ahsan Islahi  don't realize  all that Non-Science and nonsense is already spewed by 20 the century Christians from Bible as if bible is cosmology/astronomy manual .. foolish Muslim are just copying acts of these Christian guys., It is same as some writers of Quran copy/pasting/plagiarizing/translating  bible words in to Quran  from Aramaic language to   Arabic language  

Well on the way let us put those Quran verses that  allegedly contain advanced cosmology along with verse from bible.. These Idiots such as this one or Amin Ahsan Islahi  and 1000s of well educated Muslim guys .. take these verses from Quran

051.048: And the earth, We have made it a wide extent; how well have We then spread (it) out.

021.031: And We have made great mountains in the earth lest it might be convulsed with them, and We have made in it wide ways that they may follow a right direction.

021.104: On the day when We will roll up heaven like the rolling up of the scroll for writings, as We originated the first creation, (so) We shall reproduce it; a promise (binding on Us); surely We will bring it about.

021.105: And certainly We wrote in the Book after the reminder that (as for) the land, My righteous servants shall inherit it.

027.089: Whoever brings good, he shall have better than it; and they shall be secure from terror on the day.

031.011: This is Allah's creation, but show Me what those besides Him have created. Nay, the unjust are in manifest error

021.032: And We have made the heaven a guarded canopy and (yet) they turn aside from its signs.

016.016: And landmarks; and by the stars they find the right way.

021.034: And We did not ordain abiding for any mortal before you. What! Then if you die, will they abide?

013.013: And the thunder declares His glory with His praise, and the angels too for awe of Him; and He sends the thunderbolts and smites with them whom He pleases, yet they dispute concerning Allah, and He is mighty in prowess.

031.030: This is because Allah is the Truth, and that which they call upon besides Him is the falsehood, and that Allah is the High, the Great.

035.014: If you call on them they shall not hear your call, and even if they could hear they shall not answer you; and on the resurrection day they will deny your associating them (with Allah); and none can inform you like the One Who is Aware.

039.006: He has created you from a single being, then made its mate of the same (kind), and He has made for you eight of the cattle in pairs. He creates you in the wombs of your mothers-- a creation after a creation-- in triple darkness; that is Allah your Lord, His is the kingdom; there is no god but He; whence are you then turned away?

036.039: And (as for) the moon, We have ordained for it stages till it becomes again as an old dry palm branch.

036.040: Neither is it allowable to the sun that it should overtake the moon, nor can the night outstrip the day; and all float on in a sphere.

036.041: And a sign to them is that We bear their offspring in the laden ship.

021.034: And We did not ordain abiding for any mortal before you. What! Then if you die, will they abide?

036.041: And a sign to them is that We bear their offspring in the laden ship.

002.157: Those are they on whom are blessings and mercy from their Lord, and those are the followers of the right course.

write all sorts of nonsense about Astronomy, cosmology.. bang bang theory ..earth formation and what not .. And you see similar nonsense from Christian guys  

.. These fools living on taxpayers money along with  free loading some from the pockets of old folks write all sorts of nonsense from these silly books.. And off course Governments support/supported  such scientific  rubbish from these free loaders so   t they can go on fooling and  ruling innocent folks across the globe.

Those days are over in 21st century .. Mock the fools and move on....

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an Debunked.
     Reply #248 - December 09, 2012, 06:50 PM

moon splitting miracle case closed:
    Quote from:  NASA
    No current scientific evidence reports that the Moon was split into two (or more) parts and then reassembled at any point in the past.

Brad Bailey

NLSI Staff Scientist

http://lunarscience.nasa.gov/?question=evidence-moon-having-been-split-two
     Reply #249 - December 09, 2012, 07:07 PM

Funnily enough the Quran doesn't mention what is scientifically accepted, which is that the Moon was formed when a large impact blasted material out of the very early Earth.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #250 - December 14, 2012, 03:17 AM

The video "How to Dawah to an atheist" is really quite funny. Zakir Naik is an ignoramus. I have my reply to Zakir Naik. You can easily read it here http://www.the-antitheist.com/dr-zakir-naik/  or you can search this forum for "reply to zakir naik" and join this discussion as well. Like to hear your thoughts.
     Reply #251 - December 16, 2012, 05:57 PM

Great stuff mate ^^^

God is Love.

Reply #252 - December 16, 2012, 06:01 PM

Smiley
     Reply #253 - January 15, 2013, 02:48 PM

I just edited the wikipedia article to add this 

I can't help but notice that Wikipedia have removed your edit. The whole artical seems to present the muslim opinion of the scientific miracles as fact.
     Reply #254 - January 15, 2013, 03:52 PM

The article definately needs some reworking. Perhaps we should as a group develop something here and then when we have read and revised it, then we post it to wikipedia?

I do not have time currently, but it will be on my to-do list.

If someone else wants to give a go at a first draft then remember to include something about how the Saudis deliberately manipulated scientific statements so that scientists were made to look like they believed that the Quran was of divine origin when in reality they did not.

TheRationalizer did some videos on this affair and the controversies have been printed in newspapers, so you could use that as the reference. I believe it was the New Yorker or the New York Times that ran the story. A quick google search might dig up the article.

ps. you can look in the wikipedia articles history to see when and possibly even why certain parts were changed, here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Talk:Quran_and_miracles&action=history

and the "talk" tab of the article shows the discussions the various editors had:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Quran_and_miracles
     Reply #255 - April 21, 2013, 08:45 PM

Hi Guys.Can you explain about this?

The picture of the "Cat's Eye Nebula," taken on September 18, 1994, by the NASA Hubble Space Telescope is officially referred to as NGC 6543. Estimated to be 1,000 years old, the nebula is a visual "fossil record" of the dynamics and late evolution of a dying star. NGC 6543 is an exploding star 3,000 light-years away in the northern constellation Draco.

They should have called it the "Oily Red Rose Nebula." As the Quran states in Surat ar-Rahman (chapter 55), "When the sky is torn apart, so it was (like) a red rose, like ointment." How would the Quran know 1,400 years ago that when a star explodes, it is like a oily red rose?

We see it now in the years 1999/2000 and Quran mentioned it almost 1400 years ago
     Reply #256 - April 21, 2013, 08:46 PM

Wow! That's amazing dude. Can you look for other stuff in the Quran to predict future science that the kaffirs discover, so that nobody has to do any science any more?

AWESOME!

God is Love.

Reply #257 - April 21, 2013, 08:51 PM

Billy,so you are saying people actually discovered exploding stars and red rose shape before 1400 years ago?
     Reply #258 - April 21, 2013, 08:53 PM

This is very amusing, DigDug, but make the most of it because your time is short.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #259 - April 21, 2013, 08:54 PM

Grin

God is Love.

Reply #260 - April 21, 2013, 09:13 PM

lol

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #261 - April 21, 2013, 09:18 PM

Wow! That's amazing dude. Can you look for other stuff in the Quran to predict future science that the kaffirs discover, so that nobody has to do any science any more?

AWESOME!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I shouldn't laugh. I would probably have said similar stuff some months ago.
     Reply #262 - April 21, 2013, 09:45 PM

The picture of the "Cat's Eye Nebula," taken on September 18, 1994, by the NASA Hubble Space Telescope is officially referred to as NGC 6543. Estimated to be 1,000 years old, the nebula is a visual "fossil record" of the dynamics and late evolution of a dying star. NGC 6543 is an exploding star 3,000 light-years away in the northern constellation Draco.

They should have called it the "Oily Red Rose Nebula." As the Quran states in Surat ar-Rahman (chapter 55), "When the sky is torn apart, so it was (like) a red rose, like ointment." How would the Quran know 1,400 years ago that when a star explodes, it is like a oily red rose?

The colours in images of most astronomical objects are added by humans - in other words, what we call the Cat's Eye nebula is not actually "red" but made to look that way for our eyes.

See these sites for a lengthier explanation of colours in astronomy pics:
    Enhanced Color: Cat's Eye Nebula
    False Colors in Astronomical Photographs
    Color in Astronomical Images

Besides, let's not forget that the Quran also has many scientific errors.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #263 - April 21, 2013, 09:50 PM

But how can you account for the Quran knowing that scientists would add false colors to the pictures of astronomical objects?

Check mate.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #264 - April 21, 2013, 09:51 PM

Cheesy

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #265 - April 21, 2013, 09:59 PM

^^^ Grin

God is Love.

Reply #266 - April 22, 2013, 03:16 AM

the verse is referring to what will happen on the day of judgement. So whenever the day of judgement comes; whenever "The guilty are "taken by the forelocks and the feet"; and whenever "the heaven splitteth asunder" and becomes red,  I will then consider this scientific miracle to be validated. But it might be too late by then
     Reply #267 - April 22, 2013, 03:30 AM

As the Quran states in Surat ar-Rahman (chapter 55), "When the sky is torn apart, so it was (like) a red rose, like ointment." How would the Quran know 1,400 years ago that when a star explodes, it is like a oily red rose?

You appear to be confusing star with sky. I know it's an easy mistake to make since both words begin with S.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #268 - April 22, 2013, 09:33 AM

You appear to be confusing star with sky. I know it's an easy mistake to make since both words begin with S.

dance Afro
     Reply #269 - June 21, 2013, 07:23 AM

Hi, I'm new here, I have found you while searching for evidence against the claims of Mourice Bucaille. I've not seen here any proof, but I liked the crowd. Smiley So I searched a bit more and found this great video, both scientific and filled with humor: youtube.com/watch?v=vS1Mn90T2Bc

I don't talk to uncircumcised man! It's haram. But I love to talk to uncircumcised woman! Smiley
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »