Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
Today at 08:47 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 03:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 04:08 AM

New Britain
June 02, 2024, 05:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 02:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 03:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 08:51 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Research

(Read 2365 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Research
     OP - May 13, 2011, 12:43 PM

• Re: Research
     Reply #1 - May 13, 2011, 12:46 PM

Welcome Annika!! I'd be honoured to be interviewed by you  Tongue I come from a similar background, family were strict enough to discourage taking photographs but were liberal enough to let me decide if I wanted to wear hijab  wacko
     Reply #2 - May 13, 2011, 12:51 PM

I'm so happy someone replied! I would really love the study to be as in depth as possible so the more people the better. I can email you the questions or skype you? Either way, I'm happy!

xx
     Reply #3 - May 13, 2011, 12:58 PM

Hi annika, welcome to the forum! I also come from a Salafi background, not the jihadi type by the way, more like the green lane type, however i was the only one in the family to take Islam seriously, i'd be happy to answer any questions you have Smiley.
     Reply #4 - May 13, 2011, 01:00 PM

I'm so happy someone replied! I would really love the study to be as in depth as possible so the more people the better. I can email you the questions or skype you? Either way, I'm happy!

xx

Email or Personal Messages on here, up to you I guess.
     Reply #5 - May 13, 2011, 01:09 PM

Welcome!!! 
     Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy a jinn ? Please do tell us more about this exorcism !!!!

btw feel free to put up some research questions here or create a survey. recently there was another masters student who was doing research as well. Look through this thread:
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=15473.0

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #6 - May 13, 2011, 01:12 PM

Welcome annika,
    Why don't you put your questions here, and you can get the highest rate of answers, I'm always happy to help others, and I think most members are the same.    Smiley
     Reply #7 - May 13, 2011, 01:17 PM

Reply #8 - May 13, 2011, 02:06 PM

some guy from green lane mosque came to my house

Ah, its always a laugh a minute with the Green Laners isn't it.

That place really is the pits.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #9 - May 13, 2011, 04:13 PM

some guy from green lane mosque came to my house , made me sit on the floor with my legs straight and my hands on my knees and screamed Quran in my ear for about half an hour. I flinched halfway through because he spat on my face and that was evidence that I was jinned up. Then they were going to take me to see some guy in Leeds who is an expert apparently but luckily my older brother had a bit of sense and talked my mum out of it.

My study is basically about how people react to having a belief system taken away from them and what happens to their moral structure, identity etc.

These are my questions:

1. Tell me a little bit about how you felt after you left Islam and the lead up to this happening (your reaction to your first doubts etc.).

2. What happened to your moral structure?

3. How did you feel the first time you broke something that you had once thought was fardh?

4. What effects does keeping it a secret from those around you have?

5. How long ago did you apostize?

Anything you want to tell me will be fine, I'm trying to make it as qualitative as possible because I think it is a very personal thing so whatever you think was important.

Whoever wants to fill it out and email me the answers at anneco_warrior@hotmail.co.uk is a proper don.

If you go to the introductions section you will see all of these questions answered by loads of people - too many for your study I bet

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #10 - May 13, 2011, 04:26 PM

some guy from green lane mosque came to my house , made me sit on the floor with my legs straight and my hands on my knees and screamed Quran in my ear for about half an hour. I flinched halfway through because he spat on my face and that was evidence that I was jinned up. Then they were going to take me to see some guy in Leeds who is an expert apparently but luckily my older brother had a bit of sense and talked my mum out of it.

My study is basically about how people react to having a belief system taken away from them and what happens to their moral structure, identity etc.

These are my questions:

1. Tell me a little bit about how you felt after you left Islam and the lead up to this happening (your reaction to your first doubts etc.).

2. What happened to your moral structure?

3. How did you feel the first time you broke something that you had once thought was fardh?

4. What effects does keeping it a secret from those around you have?

5. How long ago did you apostize?

Anything you want to tell me will be fine, I'm trying to make it as qualitative as possible because I think it is a very personal thing so whatever you think was important.

Whoever wants to fill it out and email me the answers at anneco_warrior@hotmail.co.uk is a proper don.

aha i used to go to that mosque quite a few years ago. i used to love the talks of abu usama ath-thahabihi(or some shit like that)!

such 'memories'....
     Reply #11 - May 13, 2011, 04:43 PM

Welcome, Annika - I was never a Salafi - but just a regular Muslim - am happy to help.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »