Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 24, 2024, 02:38 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
June 24, 2024, 07:45 AM

France Muslims were in d...
June 23, 2024, 09:58 PM

Eid Al-Adha
June 22, 2024, 09:51 PM

Qur'anic studies today
June 20, 2024, 06:24 PM

Marcion and the introduct...
by zeca
June 17, 2024, 03:58 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
June 17, 2024, 01:00 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
June 17, 2024, 11:14 AM

Jesus mythicism
by zeca
June 15, 2024, 10:14 AM

BBC Documentary: Searchin...
by zeca
June 13, 2024, 12:55 PM

New Britain
June 10, 2024, 09:25 PM

What happens in these day...
by akay
June 08, 2024, 12:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Fara7's Journey

(Read 17982 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Fara7's Journey
     OP - July 17, 2011, 12:43 PM

Oh yaay didn't realise you have blogs here.  I shall come and record my daily thoughts here.
    I wrote something about myelf in the intro section, so don't feel like repeating, perhaps I will copy and paste later.

In summary, am from an Arabic origin living in the UK, widow, dipped in and out of religion both Islam and Christianity, but recently I am contemplating atheism, but worried atheism would make me unhappy or even depressed because I always relied on God to be there for me.    

I ran away from home at the age of 19 and married a non muslim (even though he actually converted), so been   independent  since then.

At the moment am watching  Ma Malakat Aymanukum (What your right hand posses): http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2010/09/05/118519.html

I know it was aired previously but I didn't see it until now.... sigh !!

Ok, will come and write my random thought here...

Teach us to care and not to care / Teach us to sit still.
    What do we live for; if it is not to make life less difficult to each other
    You are the music while the music lasts.
    T.S.Eliot
  • Re: Fara7's Journey
     Reply #1 - July 18, 2011, 12:39 AM

but recently I am contemplating atheism, but worried atheism would make me unhappy or even depressed because I always relied on God to be there for me.

(sorry I'm a youtube nut) Thought you might find these as inspiring as I did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xr5c3GJuo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyjNXdEGjO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU6bc_Gsp7s

Reply #2 - July 18, 2011, 12:58 AM

Thank you will watch those tomorrow, I really should get to sleep now, I have been reading so much this weekend...shame I have to go to work , don't think I can view this forum from my work PC

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #3 - July 18, 2011, 09:22 AM

So arrived at  work, greeted with : Salam Sister… Salam means peace, Assalamu Alykum : peace upon you,  and sister is sister, so not a bad greeting, right?  Only its only worthy of an elite group.  If they know I have more or less forsake their religion, they wouldn’t wish me peace or consider me a sister.  
    In my inbox the usual daily email with hadith of the day, I even have that app on my mobile, heh, but it always comes with nice hadiths, none of the cruel ones.  Also a sister sent me an email with video link to great women in Islam, that made me laugh and I deleted the email, now I wish I haven’t.  It would have been an interesting watch.  I may mail her to forward it to me again on my home mail.

This morning I was thinking since I am not praying and not constantly doing wudu (I  drink a lot of fluid out of habit, tea and cold drinks, so I go to pee almost every half or one hour) hence my wudu is always broken…. This is another thing that gets me, why do we have to constantly go for wudu, I understand it if one lived in the desert with lots of dust around, but wait, actually I don’t get it if one lived in the desert, they didn’t have much water, its not like they had water on tap or flowing rivers there.  I believe some bright spark invented this wudu thing, no way they had all this water to wash 5 times a day.  Tayamum is allowed only when one doesn’t have water available, lets face it in the UK, we have more water than sand!  still, I don’t get it, if I have a shower everyday, and wash my bum every time I go to the toilet,  I should be clean enough to pray without having to do this constant wudu!

Oh before I got distracted, I was saying, if I am not worried about wudu now, I suppose I could go and have my nails done Smiley  hehe  only I sort of got used to looking natural, and I think it did my toe nails a lot of good to leave them alone without a varnish…. They looked prettier with varnish on though, I will think of a solution.

I need to work on myself and take care of myself now, I have sort of been not caring for a while now, the year when my late husband was very ill in and out of the hospital and after his death, I need to focus on my health and fitness.  I was a size 8 UK, and now I am 10/12,  I put on at least a stone, I need to sort myself out, need to do some kind of a diet which I hate, at least am not going to fast, I hate fasting as it messes up with my metabolism, and it takes me a couple of months to recover from it.  OK, back to work now, will peak at various intervals as am not so busy at the moment.

Just for a laugh this is Hadith of the day sent to me today:

Narrated Anas (radi Allahu anhu): The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) had a she camel called Al Adba which could not be excelled in a race. (Humaid, a sub-narrator said, “Or could hardly be excelled.”) Once a bedouin came riding a camel below six years of age which surpassed it (i.e. Al-Adba) in the race. The Muslims felt it so much that the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) noticed their distress. He then said, “It is Allah's Law that He brings down whatever rises high in the world.” [The Book of Jihad: Sahih Bukhari]
    One of the lessons we get from this hadith is the extreme love that the Sahabah of Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) had for him. When you love somebody very much you want everything belonging to them to be of the best kind. Seeing that the Prophet’s camel was no longer the fastest, the Muslims were upset.

The second lesson we get from this hadith is what Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said to his Sahabah at this time. We should not get into competition for worldly things. In this world what goes up, must come down. But as far as the Hereafter is concerned if you make it to Jannat ul Firdous, the highest level in Jannah, you will stay there forever. Jannah is where we should strive to reach the highest station and have the best, for there it is everlasting.

They are so clever in  making anything look as if it has a deep meaning in life, FHS, camel race and one camel lost, that's it!!!

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #4 - July 18, 2011, 10:33 AM

Good, interesting read so far Fara  Smiley

You work in a place full of Muslims? That's quite unusual in the UK (well, outside Bradford).

Hi
     Reply #5 - July 18, 2011, 10:38 AM

Not exactly full of Muslims, but they tend to find each other Smiley   we also have this discussion forum online,  you can imagine they all jump off their seat whenever I question anything !! 

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #6 - July 18, 2011, 10:52 AM

What Musivore said.

Oh and Lol at the hadeeth, I get those forwarded to me all the time by various different peopole but always the SAME one on the same day! Cheesy

Urgh anyhow, I need to set off now so chat to you later.  Smiley
     Reply #7 - July 18, 2011, 10:58 AM

Fara: In that case, question it with us, perhaps in this blog? Continue your journey with us and express your doubts to us. Then perhaps, you will find your feet with our support. Leave those guys to it for now?

Hi
     Reply #8 - July 18, 2011, 11:05 AM

Arrrgh, am being attacked right left and centre now because I posted that link about Afghani women protesting on the work muslim forum,,  one ignoramous said : throwing acid on women is typical arabic country... he didn't know that Afghanistan is Asian not Arabic.... whatever...

Now am being attacked for suggesting that women's lives are better in the west...sheeesh, talk about burrying one's head in the sand

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #9 - July 18, 2011, 02:09 PM

You don't have to express all your doubts with Islam with your colleagues or anyone for that matter. They might not be as open and non judgemental as yourself or as us. Cheesy

Just let your steam out here, whatever you find unacceptable, atrocious, wrong, incorrect, say it here, atleast for the time being as you're still finding your feet, still unsure of yourself and it's best to not have mindless muslims on your back constantly. Although I know how annoying it is to have to act and keep up the muslim act when really you hate it deep down.

Smiley
     Reply #10 - July 18, 2011, 02:11 PM

Zaiba: a classic comment from someone in the last half an hour: Islam is about submission and you have to totally sumbit to the ideas, therefore I think it is normal for people to test their exisitng convictions before commiting totally to this belief

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #11 - July 18, 2011, 02:27 PM

That is indeed the core of islamic belief, and one that I always found difficult to comprehend how it was even possible to submit your entire existence for the will of a confusing unsure unforgiving mosterous fiend called Allah. It bewilders me even more when I see live examples of jihadists and islamists, who have no other life goal but Islam.

Roll Eyes
     Reply #12 - July 18, 2011, 10:23 PM

Today I was hoping to start a good day diet wise, no sugars and stick to natural food, I did good with the food, but I had two a few sugary drinks which I shouldn’t have, but thought meh, its the first day and as long as I ate good protein no wheat/starches (arrgh the last couple of days I really went OTT on the wheat) I should be fine... but....
    A lovely Pakistani muhajaba friend of mine who I worked with some years ago but still in touch all the time is having trouble at work, I met her last weekend to give her some career advice, we updated and beefed up her CV so that she can apply for other jobs.  Today she had an interview not far from where I live, the interview was towards the end of the working day, so I went and picked her up after work, so we decided to cook something, we cooked a chicken curry at home, I really enjoyed cooking together and she gave me a few hints on curry cooking.  But this means I had to eat the curry with the rice.. so not as good day eating wise, but at least no wheat..
    This friend  I think she is in her late twenties or early thirties, she is not an Anglo-Pakistani, she came to the UK about 5 years ago to do a masters degree, and has been here since, living without her family, she is sharing a house with other people we used to work with , we had a good group of people in that International company, most are actually Arabs, Lebanese, Algerians, Palestinians, Libyan,  Tunisian and Morocon, the other non Arab Muslims included one Russian girl who took years for her to admit to us her mother is Muslim, first she kept denying she is Muslim, we all left her alone, and she was part of the group, but suddenly last year she decided to fast Ramadan with us all, we were all gobsmacked, but pleased, I think she was after one of the guys in the group and wanted to fit in, also some from Malaysia, Azerbaijan, and Kazakhstan and a couple from Pakistan.  It was actually amazing to have so many Muslims from different countries in one place, saying that this group is youngish, and absolutely moderate/modern, so we felt happy, the Pakistani girl is the only one with a hijab.
    My Pakistani friend lets call her G, is the Mullah of the group, at the time she knew whether anything is halal or haram, obviously we constantly took the Mickey, and laughed, she too laughed at herself, which is good. 
    Today while we were cooking and eating I discussed many things with her, including apostasy, I was surprised how open minded she is,  we talked about many historical Islamic facts, she does have more knowledge than the average, and I respect her for it.  Her opinion about apostasy and Sharia law was reasonable to me, she thought one cannot make a sweeping decision on all apostates, each case has to be studied differently, as for Sharia law she didn’t believe its mostly suitable for this day and age. 
    Last Ramdan the whole group had an Iftar party, the subject of Shiat/Sunni came, in our group we have two Shiat, one is a Lebanese, the other is Iraqi, well the Iraqi is actually not in our group, he was engaged to a girl in our group, anyway G is Sunni, and she was so adamantly anti Shia, she even announced she’d rather marry a non-muslim than marrying a Shia, we were all astonished, and many until this day can’t believe she said that...today, she opened the subject again, and explained to me how some Shia’s in Pakistan behave and some of their cultural attitude, and I understood why she said what she said.

Anyway, we watched the life of prophet Mohammed on BBC2 and she went back on her way home.

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #13 - July 18, 2011, 10:24 PM

Tomorrow the boss’s boss for the first time is taking the team out for lunch, the boss’s boss is a Muslim, I think from Bangladesh but not sure.  He’s never part of the Islamic society at work, so no one knows if he is a practicing Muslim or not.  Anyway, my dilemma now, him and I are the only Muslims in the team, he is taking us to a place that does not server Halal meat, and I want to avoid starches etc, I’ve been to that place before, their fish is really tiny portion.
    I now have no problem with eating supermarket meat, so I wondered what is the best thing to do tomorrow, I could just order vegetarian food?  But I went a ahead and told the secretary who is organising the team lunch that I chose  the steak off of the menu.... hmmm, hope that is not a bad decision!!  Arrgh, maybe I should change my mind and go for the falafel salad lol

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #14 - July 18, 2011, 10:35 PM

You have every right to eat what you want.

Having said that, I personally would eat the salad cause I'm a wuss and cause I'd go out of my way to avoid the potential awkwardness. Ten years ago, I'd have chosen the pork and made a deliberate point to him. But age has castrated me.

Let us know tomorrow what you chose to do?

Hi
     Reply #15 - July 18, 2011, 10:46 PM

Arrrgh, thing is I chose the salad, then changed my mind thinking why should I care, and chose the beef, now if I change my mind a 3rd time the secretary will kill me, I can make the excuse that I forgot its not Halal... will try to think of something.

btw: I have no desire to eat pork  or drink Alcohol, I don't mind others doing that, it doesn't bother me at all (as long as they are not stupidly drunk ) but I just have no desire to do that. 

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #16 - July 18, 2011, 10:55 PM

Whatever feels right for you Fara. Btw, I think we have other members on this forum that draw the line at the same kinda place (I think Ephemeral is one, if I remember right?)

Hi
     Reply #17 - July 18, 2011, 10:57 PM

What do you mean musivore? what line are you talking about?

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #18 - July 18, 2011, 11:01 PM

Pork and alcohol. Pork/Bacon especially, is a line that some members on here don't cross (I think)

Hi
     Reply #19 - July 18, 2011, 11:04 PM

Ah, good, am not the only one Smiley as I said I don't judge others doing it, I just have no desire to do it myself.   But I also have no desire to eat frogs legs  Wink

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #20 - July 18, 2011, 11:19 PM

Oh StrangeDude, finally watched the videos , cool  Afro  thansk for sharing.

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #21 - July 19, 2011, 09:08 AM

I got up this morning not feeling good about  not  sticking with no sugar, I really want to start this low/no carb challenge, so decided to stick to the steak  don’t care if the boss’s boss doesn’t like it, as for the drinks, I am having a decaf with cream instead… I’ve never been a coffee person, I really have to I drink decaf, but I like green tea.  Lets hope I don’t get addicted to the decaf with cream.

One thing I thought about re my friend G,  last weekend when I spent the whole day with her, she didn’t pray… she normally prays on the o’clock, so I thought it could be the time of the month for her, but yesterday was the same, I actually had the prayer mat ready for her, but she never asked for it!!! Odd.  I didn’t and not going to open the subject with her.  Perhaps her troubles at work are distracting her.

I maybe going to work for a few months in a close European country,  I worked in that country before, and I liked it.  The agency is messing me about though, and am worried that company just wants to get me in take all my ideas for setting up the project and then let me go before the end of the short contract… but hey, this maybe a good change for me, I am going slightly brain dead here… dunno got to make a decision.

I’ve been chatting to this guy on an Arabic dating site, he is from Canada, well he is originally a Christian Lebanese, so thought what’s the harm, I can chat with him… we talk a lot, very good conversation, nothing sleezy, usually about his life and the way we both feel about religion, about his childhood etc… I was feeling safe talking to him, after all he is so far away in Canada, to my surprise last time I was chatting online with him,  he said we should meet, I laughed and said he is in Canada, to my surprise he said, nooo, he is Lebanese Canadian , but he is in London …so LooooLs, I panicked and told him to let me think about it.  Christ !!  oh this is another thing, why do I find myself saying Christ and Jesus recently? Never did that before.   I suppose its to compensate for the lack of La Ilah Illa allah?   

Oh I used to work with this south American guy called Jesus, the correct pronunciation of his name is Haisus, but I kept saying Jesus, so every time I said to the managers: I spoke to Jesus about this, they all collapsed with laughter !! haha

Off to work now!!

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #22 - July 19, 2011, 09:06 PM

Food wise today went well, survived no sugar, had decaf with cream for breakfast, steak for lunch , steak for dinner lol  was lovely haven't cooked steak for ages.

A male colleague from Pakistan told me today  that he is looking for a sister for marry and if I knew anyone looking, felt sorry for his story, he is only 30 has a brilliant career, quite reasonable looking, good family, but been rejected by girls many times for one reason,  want to know the reason? Wait for it, he has a kid, I was thinking he must be joking, it can't be that all these Asian girls who are desperate to get married ( I know this is stereotyping, but almost all the girls I know have nothing else to talk about, they are all looking and desperate and quite blasé about it)  yes all these girls rejecting this guy because he already has a kid....

I immediately thought of my friend G,  G is not desperate and the only Asian girl I know who said she didn't want to marry yet,  also another Bangladeshi girl who is so desperate its embarrassing to be around lol

To my surprise G replied to me saying, she wouldn't consider it, not because of her, but because her mother would just would go crazy, and would be so angry if she considered marrying someone who has a kid. 

Sheesh,  this is crazy ... what's wrong with a guy who has a kid??  Why is he untouchable ??

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #23 - July 19, 2011, 09:50 PM

also another Bangladeshi girl who is so desperate its embarrassing to be around lol

Cheesy
     Reply #24 - July 19, 2011, 10:04 PM

Hehehe  Wahabi its true, I swear, she doesn't care, she just sees any guy as a potential husband (as long as they are Muslim by name or practice) she really doesn't care about anything as long as she just gets married !!  I am waiting for her reply to see if she would consider the guy with the kid, if so I will try to make the introductions.

And unfortunately I know another Indian Muslim lady exactly like that, well this one is a bit more choosy, but just as desperate.  No idea why, what's so special about marriage?

Don’t get me wrong, I think finding a soul mate is amazing and would I would love to find someone I get on with at all levels and able to have an in-depth conversation with.  But marriage is something else, too scary in a way.  I think if I didn't marry when I was way young and naive perhaps I would have never done it  Huh?

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #25 - July 19, 2011, 10:22 PM

Lol @ Jesus... I'd love a jesus in my life. I don't think I'd ever get bored of the cheap jokes that'd open up to me Smiley

How did the steak eating go? It was today right?

Hi
     Reply #26 - July 19, 2011, 10:28 PM

I hope it was well-cooked. I ate so many badly-cooked steaks in the UK....

Religion is organized superstition
     Reply #27 - July 19, 2011, 10:47 PM

I don't want to laugh at other people's miseries but the way you put it is hilarious .. i'm still honking with lanughter to be honest.

I made an image of you in my head of being entangled with her and her looking for something from you in a remote lonely office. hehehehehehe

anyway, as a man I find it very suprising to know that there are desperate unmarried probably virgin and young ladies. Unless they are .. erm how should one puts it .. unprepossessing.  The level of low self esteem is the most noticeable thing here and your fiends comes across as a sort of a maniac.

Marriage is not an end it iself, otherwise there wouldnt be divorced people around. People ( well, I mean some women) somehow seem to think that love is something given and they take it for granted, so by getting marriage they would be passively loved forever...

Love beteween straight couples is virtually a genetically motivated act; our genes trick us to think we could protract the moments of it ... i know it is a gloomy way of looking at it and i'm unqualified to comment on it ... being a spring chicken lol

I heard them talking on trains, busses and online ( I'm looking for someone carring and who loves me very very mcuh) but they do not seem to think; why on God's green land should they be passively love by men and not mutually?

anyhow do continue with your post, i will be bringing  my popcorn next time  grin12
     Reply #28 - July 20, 2011, 07:09 PM

Ok  another day another $
    Food wise, I survived another day without sugar, had decaf with cream for breakfast, hot wings for lunch and steak for dinner. So far so good.

The guy who wanted me to find him a sister saw a Pakistani girl who works at the same place, I know her a bit not much, she is very pretty, in Pakistani standard she is a beauty queen and guess why?? She is very white lol… but seriously she has really lovely sweet and soft face.  He wanted me to speak to her and check if she’d consider someone who already has a kid.  So I did, if  you want the truth I thought he had no chance, but to my surprise she said she’d consider it, so to me she is not only pretty but really intelligent.  The guy has a good career, high earner, and still young.  A good catch as they say.  I suggested to her that he will write an email to her and suggest meeting for a coffee, she agreed.

The guy writes her an email, but wanted me to approve it first lol, anyway, his first mail was dire,  too casual: hey there, how’s it going, lets meet for a coffee… lools, I told him to make it a bit warmer, introduce himself  to warm up to her so she could feel good about meeting him.  So he changes the mail and send it to her.

An hour after, he PMs me waaaah she didn’t reply Looools, panicking after one hour, I told him to wait, perhaps she wants to consult with her friends or mother, no need to panic, she already agreed for him to contact her, so he should wait until tomorrow.  This is so funny.  But really, I don’t want to be in the middle of this, anymore, I introduced them to each other, and they should take it from there.

As for me, I was a bit bad today on the Islamic chat channel at work, I again started talking about women in Islam, started putting al this Quran evidence, obviously they were all up in arms against me.  One of them told me: You know what’s your problem? Your problem is that you are trying to rationalise Islam, and one should never rationalise Islam, we should just follow it and have faith ….errrrr huh? We must not rationalise Islam?  I just replied to him saying: I wish I was like that, unfortunately Allah created me with a brain.

Anyway, I really must stop arguing with them, I am going to get myself a reputation, the work area I work in can be small and I can end up meeting the same people over and over, which may effect my work… so I really need to be a bit more careful, I feel a bit stupid for arguing with that lot.

T.S.Eliot
     Reply #29 - July 20, 2011, 07:14 PM

I don't want to laugh at other people's miseries but the way you put it is hilarious .. i'm still honking with lanughter to be honest.

I made an image of you in my head of being entangled with her and her looking for something from you in a remote lonely office. hehehehehehe

anyway, as a man I find it very suprising to know that there are desperate unmarried probably virgin and young ladies. Unless they are .. erm how should one puts it .. unprepossessing.  The level of low self esteem is the most noticeable thing here and your fiends comes across as a sort of a maniac.

Marriage is not an end it iself, otherwise there wouldnt be divorced people around. People ( well, I mean some women) somehow seem to think that love is something given and they take it for granted, so by getting marriage they would be passively loved forever...

Love beteween straight couples is virtually a genetically motivated act; our genes trick us to think we could protract the moments of it ... i know it is a gloomy way of looking at it and i'm unqualified to comment on it ... being a spring chicken lol

I heard them talking on trains, busses and online ( I'm looking for someone carring and who loves me very very mcuh) but they do not seem to think; why on God's green land should they be passively love by men and not mutually?

anyhow do continue with your post, i will be bringing  my popcorn next time  grin12

Wahabi Smiley I don’t work in a remote lonely office lol, I work in a skyscraper, and one floor has about 2000 employees.
    I believe the Asian girls are desperate to marry because of the social pressure , the Indian Muslim lady keeps dreading going to wedding, because every single woman in her extended family is going to have a dig at her and ask her how come she is not married and how come no man wants to marry her, they see their younger cousins and even younger sisters getting married and they see they are going to be 3wanis/ old maids so they become desperate.  These families have a wedding to go to almost every week, so the pressure is quite high on them to be married.  
    The other factor is that they want to get away from living at home, at least when they are married they have their own home and with that comes a bit more freedom.

Will try to continue to amuse you with my posts lol

T.S.Eliot
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »