Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 03:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 04:08 AM

New Britain
June 02, 2024, 05:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 02:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 03:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 08:51 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Wheel of Time

(Read 2638 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Wheel of Time
     OP - August 03, 2011, 10:24 AM

So on chat the other day, I realized that there are at least 2 people on CEMB that have read (or are reading) the series. So come and let's discuss Randland!

If you like, you can start by answering these simple questions:
    1) Who is your favorite character, and is it the same character that was initially your favorite?
     - Mine was and is Rand, however Nynaeve is my easy second now even though I didn't like her before.

2) What do you imagine Tarmon Gaidon to be like in terms of victor and/or characters that survive?
     - I think Rand will eventually eat the dust, but in an unexpected and unlikely manner... can't say more than that.

3) I hate Tuon. That's not a question, but please repeat it if you feel the sentiment.
  • Re: Wheel of Time
     Reply #1 - August 03, 2011, 12:03 PM

I don't like Egwene at all. She has become everything that is terrible about aes sedai without any redeeming qualities.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #2 - August 03, 2011, 12:18 PM

I don't like Egwene at all. She has become everything that is terrible about aes sedai without any redeeming qualities.

Agreed 100%. Whereas Egwene has become petulant and a terror, Elayne has become a retard, which is almost as annoying. The only thing Egwene has going for her, what Rand learned is not a good thing, is hardness.
     Reply #3 - August 03, 2011, 12:48 PM

Nerd Alert!

Tongue

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #4 - August 03, 2011, 12:48 PM

Agreed 100%. Whereas Egwene has become petulant and a terror, Elayne has become a retard, which is almost as annoying. The only thing Egwene has going for her, what Rand learned is not a good thing, is hardness.

I think the scene I enjoyed the most was Rand's Jesus moment.

Reply #5 - August 03, 2011, 01:56 PM

I think the scene I enjoyed the most was Rand's Jesus moment.

Oh gawd, it still drives me to tears if I think about it. Perrin's Power-Wrought Hammer creation was actually pretty awesome too, it felt like a momentous event for the Third Age.

What'd you think of the Tower of Ghenjei sequence? Too short?
     Reply #6 - August 03, 2011, 02:20 PM

I thought it would have been difficult to do it no matter how it was done because it was built up so much and being written by sanderson. Having said that, Mat was awesome and everyone's suspicions about Moiraine and Tom were confirmed.

Reply #7 - August 03, 2011, 02:36 PM

I read the first couple of books. Seemed too generic of a fantasy wizard story, so I ditched it. Can't seem to remember any major plot points of either book that I read, so I'd have to say I found it pretty forgettable.  Tongue

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #8 - August 03, 2011, 02:53 PM

Finished the entire series 3-4 years ago. Dont like Egwene, Find Rand boring and stupid lol, Nynaeve  is my favorite.

I thought it would have been difficult to do it no matter how it was done because it was built up so much and being written by sanderson. Having said that, Mat was awesome and everyone's suspicions about Moiraine and Tom were confirmed.

What is confirmed about them, dont recall anyhting at the moment, could you help me remember?

Also The Sword of Truth Series has a lot of similarities to this series but faaar more better

God = King of Despots
     Reply #9 - August 03, 2011, 03:06 PM

Finished the entire series 3-4 years ago. Dont like Egwene, Find Rand boring and stupid lol, Nynaeve  is my favorite.

What is confirmed about them, dont recall anyhting at the moment, could you help me remember?

Also The Sword of Truth Series has a lot of similarities to this series but faaar more better

Umm, did you read The Gathering Storm and Towers of Midnight? Cause the series is not yet done...

The confirmation was to the fact that Moiraine and Thom are in love with each other.
     Reply #10 - August 03, 2011, 03:43 PM

Hmm I think not. I dont know why but most details are lost to me and since I have read lots of fantasy series I sometimes confuse them Smiley Let me take a look at the summary in Wikipedia to see if I have read those you mention or not.

God = King of Despots
     Reply #11 - August 03, 2011, 03:51 PM

I checked and still not sure, feel like I have read them but better if reread the lat two. I already have them as pdf Smiley

God = King of Despots
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »