Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

France Muslims were in d...
Today at 07:45 PM

New Britain
Today at 04:36 PM

What happens in these day...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:12 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
June 07, 2024, 11:14 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
June 07, 2024, 12:47 PM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 07:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 08:08 AM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 06:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 07:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 12:51 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 09:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 03:23 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: It's a Girl

(Read 3121 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • It's a Girl
     OP - January 20, 2012, 07:48 AM

Anyone heard of this upcoming movie/doc following female infanticide in eastern countries?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ISme5-9orR0#!

To be honest I was not aware that this was still this prevalent of a practice...

http://www.itsagirlmovie.com/

Quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius,
    et quod est superius est sicut quod est inferius,
    ad perpetranda miracula rei unius.
  • Re: It's a Girl
     Reply #1 - January 20, 2012, 08:18 AM

I knew it is still a prevalent practice but haven't heard of the documentary... I will watch it when I get home tonight. Something tells me I should keep a box of tissues close by  Cry

Reply #2 - January 20, 2012, 09:18 AM

Preference for male children is predominant in plenty of cultures. It has got to do with the cultural practices and structure of society. In China sons are preferred because a male can work and provide financially. Its far more worse in North East Asia than it is in South Asia.
     Reply #3 - January 26, 2012, 04:10 PM

I have heard of it but haven't watched it yet. It is truly sad that this is a reality of life, people kill their own children. Even worse is that they kill them simply for not having the private bits that the parents wanted them to have! It is a truly grim and depressing fact that this is a practice that not only existed on earth, but continues to exist even in our modern age!
    I don't have know what the answers are. I don't know what the best way of preventing this is, how to turn back centuries old (if not millenia) culture? How deeply ingrained must this belief be to be able to overcome the p/maternal instincts and commit such a perverse act? This can't be something that is simply decided on a whim, like whether or not to have chicken or fish for dinner. The society itself must have a very powerful driving force on the very core of the individual's identity and mentality.
    I don't think the problem can be cured from the bottom up, that is like stepping on ants to try getting rid of the colony. It must be the entire fabric of society that needs to be examined, dismantled, and replaced.

My simple opinion that may be wrong, I'm not educated in the subject nor am I an insider to the cultures and practices in the video..
     Reply #4 - January 28, 2012, 07:46 PM

The global statistics on the abuse of girls are numbing. It appears that more girls and women are now missing from the planet, precisely because they are female, than men were killed on the battlefield in all the wars of the 20th century. The number of victims of this routine “gendercide” far exceeds the number of people who were slaughtered in all the genocides of the 20th century.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/23/magazine/23Women-t.html?pagewanted=all

Absolutely shocking.

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

Reply #5 - January 28, 2012, 07:57 PM

Bloody hell. What the fuck is wrong with some people?

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - February 01, 2012, 12:48 AM

Thank God for the Welfare State.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »