Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
October 04, 2024, 01:18 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
October 03, 2024, 12:57 PM

New Britain
October 02, 2024, 07:07 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 29, 2024, 07:32 AM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex Muslim, Shia

(Read 12096 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #60 - December 15, 2012, 10:53 AM

I am opposed to any country that is built on one major religion where the rest of the people in the country are being treated like second class and being persecuted, this includes Saudi, Pakistan, Afghanistan and most importantly Israel....  each one of these countries are breaking basic human rights

Sadam and Quadafi  stood up to the US, and many ignorant Muslims supported them purely for standing up to the US, and hated the US for interfering to remove them,  they ignored the criminal acts  those two did  just because they had the guts to stand up to the US... exactly the same scenario some members on this forum are Pro-Israel and ignoring all the criminal acts they are committing against Palestinians and all human rights laws.

Hi Fara7 .,  I transported the above post  in to a relevant thread at http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=15908.660   and let use discuss those highlighted words a bit detail ..and let us look in to all those  e criminal acts they are committing against Palestinians and all human rights laws.   in that folder..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #61 - December 15, 2012, 11:01 AM

I am opposed to any country that is built on one major religion where the rest of the people in the country are being treated like second class and being persecuted, this includes Saudi, Pakistan, Afghanistan and most importantly Israel....  each one of these countries are breaking basic human rights

Sadam and Quadafi  stood up to the US, and many ignorant Muslims supported them purely for standing up to the US, and hated the US for interfering to remove them,  they ignored the criminal acts  those two did  just because they had the guts to stand up to the US... exactly the same scenario some members on this forum are Pro-Israel and ignoring all the criminal acts they are committing against Palestinians and all human rights laws.

You keep ignoring what I say but ok, have a good one.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #62 - December 15, 2012, 12:10 PM

Er... Gaddafi may have stood up against US but that doesn't make him a saint. He is an imperial opportunist just like any power-mongering dictator only that he has failed to capture his targets ie countries that shares border with Libya.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #63 - December 15, 2012, 08:29 PM

The hate for the US and Israel, I think politicians are using that hate to their advantage to make them look like saints, like you pointed out. It seems like no matter how many bad things they do so long as they make clear they hate Israel and the US, no one bothers them. Really dangerous, and why no progress has been made. There needs to be unity under love, not unity under hate.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #64 - December 15, 2012, 11:02 PM

There needs to be unity under love, not unity under hate.

This. It's like how I hear some Muslims say "conservatives share many of our values -- they hate gays and abortion, I'd vote for them if they didn't hate us too!".
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #65 - March 25, 2013, 12:38 PM

I don't know if you're based in Melbourne like me. It seems the religious nutters here keep on getting more 'nutty'. The sunni salafis are the worst. Thank god I'm blonde and look all white. When the wahhabi group at uni found out I stopped caring about religion they started looking at me as if I am the devil. Before I came out I also had strong sympathies for hazaras.. so this one loser spent hours and hours sending me salafi propaganda in vain  Cheesy Cheesy For some strange reason I love the Hazras of Afganistan, just because I notice the Pashtoons are full of hate for them and very bitter towards them even though they are the ones who have caused so much oppression towards them. 

my phone keyboard is horrible  Cry
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #66 - March 25, 2013, 12:52 PM

I'm scared of australia for this reason. it's full of muslim extremists, probably in higher proportion than other western nations.

The right to think the unthinkable, discuss the unmentionable, and challenge the unchallengeable.
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #67 - March 25, 2013, 01:57 PM

^LOL. Wth? What gave you that impression? Cheesy It's actually not bad, I'd say the UK is the worst (sorry, guys) and Western Europe generally is pretty bad, and North America and Australia/NZ appear to be doing quite well.
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #68 - March 25, 2013, 02:12 PM

I'm yet to come across any hardcore Muslims at uni. I've seen the occasional niqabi and a couple of beardos.  I actually got put into a group with a beardo on an assignment; I was the only girl in this group, he introduced himself to the guys, shook their hands and then said "hey" to me, waving in my general direction, without even looking at me Roll Eyes
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #69 - March 25, 2013, 02:15 PM

lol i remember during the anti-islamic film thing there were some demonstrations by angry muslim youth. scared me.

The right to think the unthinkable, discuss the unmentionable, and challenge the unchallengeable.
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #70 - March 25, 2013, 02:47 PM

^Oh you saw those Cheesy People reacted very negatively to the riots and methinks they may have learnt a lesson.
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #71 - March 25, 2013, 03:36 PM

do you think they learnt a lesson? the islamic youth there seem pretty violent, they seem disenfranchised there. muslims tend to build social enclaves and separate themselves from the rest of society morally, never assimilating, and fester conservative mindsets, while breeding in high numbers and indoctrinating their kids to be the same way. the only people that would learn a lesson are the mullahs, but they won't pass on this message to their community and the youth.

• Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #72 - March 25, 2013, 04:05 PM

do you think they learnt a lesson? the islamic youth there seem pretty violent, they seem disenfranchised there. muslims tend to build social enclaves and separate themselves from the rest of society morally, never assimilating, and fester conservative mindsets, while breeding in high numbers and indoctrinating their kids to be the same way. the only people that would learn a lesson are the mullahs, but they won't pass on this message to their community and the youth.

The following may not seem relevant, but actually I would be watching carefully all groups in a city, town or neighbourhood.  If people are isolating themselves, someone should be noticing it..

The following uses a method where a trained community health worker knows all about a locality and is collecting data, not only on health issues but also how equal and open and learning the community is.

Census-Based, Impact Oriented Methodology
    Census-Based, Impact-Oriented Methodology: A Resource Guide for Equitable and Effective Primary Health Care

Curamericas developed and tested a model of health service delivery called the Census-Based, Impact-Oriented (CBIO) approach in Bolivia, Guatemala, Haiti and Mexico over the past 20 years. The CBIO approach is a community-based primary health care model that allows local health care staff to better understand and more effectively treat the most common causes of sickness and death within their communities. Because of its unique approach to measuring community health, the CBIO methodology provides a basis to accurately measure health service outcomes and impacts, including mortality reduction. The CBIO methodology seeks to ensure that:

1) Scarce resources and services are appropriately targeted to the most common causes of avoidable illness and death

2) Service outreach and utilization are equitable, reaching those of greatest need within targeted communities

3) Outcomes and impacts (including changes in mortality) are well measured

The CBIO manual provides information to gauge the appropriateness of the strategy in specific program areas, and then guides the reader through the steps of program implementation including: conducting a census; engaging the community in decision-making; strategies used to achieve full coverage and regular contact with beneficiaries; quality control; maintaining registries; health information system requirements and forms; collection and analysis of surveillance and vital events data; and behavior change. Additionally, Curamericas has provided copies of all the data collection forms they use that can be locally adapted and training materials for field staff.

http://www.coregroup.org/our-technical-work/initiatives/diffusion-of-innovations/51

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #73 - March 26, 2013, 02:57 PM

Yeah, some young Muslims are a bit too "passionate" and I don't think the rioting thugs are getting their ideas from any mainstream clerics or mosques. The Muslim "leadership" came out and called for calm and warned against protesting. I think that had a significant impact.

Maybe these angry young men will grow out of it?
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #74 - March 26, 2013, 03:12 PM

Follow the Salafi trail and you'll find the source of all that ghettoisation and anger nine times out of ten

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #75 - March 26, 2013, 03:24 PM

hmm i didn't know it was so bad in europe. this summer when i went to california with my family, we met these old family friends, and the uncle was proudly saying islam is taking over france. and he's a well off engineer, 4 cars, 2 houses, pretty moderate. but even he put me on the spot because i wasn't fasting lol.

• Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #76 - March 26, 2013, 03:35 PM

@al-alethia, do people know about your apostasy?

• Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #77 - March 28, 2013, 10:00 AM

hello all - i'm looking to talk to an ex-Shia muslim in the UK for a report i'm doing - if you think you could help do send me an email or get in touch on twitter catrin.nye@bbc.co.uk @catrinnye - i can explain more to anyone interested and there is no obligation to take part - thanks very much!

Catrin
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #78 - March 28, 2013, 12:44 PM

Is it just me or has there been an influx of people doing "reports" lately? Let's keep in mind the "be careful who you trust online" thread.
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #79 - March 28, 2013, 12:47 PM

Catrin is legit, she's a follower of the forum twitter and works for the BBC and does reports on minority related issues  Smiley

https://twitter.com/CatrinNye

God is Love.

• Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #80 - March 28, 2013, 02:48 PM

Thanks Billy  Afro
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #81 - March 28, 2013, 05:22 PM

No problem - but your advice is correct HM.

We should be cautious - we have had suspicious attempts by people claiming to be journalists who have sought contact details with members of the forum in the past.

God is Love.

• Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #82 - March 29, 2013, 12:59 PM

good that you've left that shite  Wink
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #83 - March 29, 2013, 01:32 PM

@al-alethia, do people know about your apostasy?

Sorta.
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #84 - April 02, 2013, 09:43 AM

thanks Billy...
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #85 - April 02, 2013, 09:54 AM

minority related issues

I confess that's a phrase that makes my heart sink.
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #86 - April 02, 2013, 10:06 AM

Why?

God is Love.

• Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #87 - April 02, 2013, 10:18 AM

It's so redolent of condescension and special pleading, otherness rather than togetherness. Anthropological, somehow.
  • Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #88 - April 02, 2013, 10:47 AM

Think that is reading too much into it. She has a remit to focus on stories that otherwise go unreported - good and bad news stories. Its journalists who work on this that bring issues like forced marriage and FGM to light whilst the mainstream media didn't care. As well as positive new stories that get overlooked sometimes.

God is Love.

• Ex Muslim, Shia
     Reply #89 - April 02, 2013, 10:48 AM

^ what Billy said....
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »