Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Gaza assault
by zeca
June 30, 2024, 10:43 PM

France Muslims were in d...
June 30, 2024, 08:06 PM

New Britain
June 26, 2024, 07:57 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
June 26, 2024, 11:07 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 26, 2024, 03:53 AM

Eid Al-Adha
by akay
June 26, 2024, 03:50 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 24, 2024, 02:38 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
June 24, 2024, 07:45 AM

Qur'anic studies today
June 20, 2024, 06:24 PM

Marcion and the introduct...
by zeca
June 17, 2024, 03:58 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
June 17, 2024, 01:00 PM

Jesus mythicism
by zeca
June 15, 2024, 10:14 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Hypothesis or slavery allowance (if that is how it called) in Islam

(Read 36040 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Hypothesis or slavery allowance (if that is how it called) in Islam
     Reply #270 - October 14, 2014, 09:49 PM

Ahmed, your hypothesis was about islamic slavery, not about non islamic slavery. I was addressing that.

OK and?Huh? i addressed other points you made like about saffiyah
     Reply #271 - October 14, 2014, 09:55 PM

Not really.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #272 - October 14, 2014, 10:04 PM

I did, I'm not missing anything.

No, it isn't. Your point has not been made correctly. They have to pay an uncertain amount of work or money to 'earn' their freedom. That is what the deed is.
    Slaves may only earn money if allowed by their masters, and the money then at least partially goes to the masters.

(I did, I'm not missing anything.)

yes you did

(No, it isn't. Your point has not been made correctly. They have to pay an uncertain amount of work or money to 'earn' their freedom. That is what the deed is.)

this here is where your argument will be debunked
    (It was narrated that Ibn 'Umar said:
    "The Messenger of Allah said: 'Whoever sets free his share of a slave, and he has sufficient wealth to set him free completely by paying the price of the slave, then he should set him free with his own wealth."'
    أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ عَلِيٍّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا يَزِيدُ، - وَهُوَ ابْنُ زُرَيْعٍ - قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا أَيُّوبُ، عَنْ نَافِعٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عُمَرَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ مَنْ أَعْتَقَ شِرْكًا لَهُ فِي مَمْلُوكٍ وَكَانَ لَهُ مِنَ الْمَالِ مَا يَبْلُغُ ثَمَنَهُ بِقِيمَةِ الْعَبْدِ فَهُوَ عَتِيقٌ مِنْ مَالِهِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
    Grade   : Sahih (Darussalam)   
    Reference    : Sunan an-Nasa'i 4699
    In-book reference    : Book 44, Hadith 251
    English translation    : Vol. 5, Book 44, Hadith 4703)

YOU see?Huh? it says that the master must pay the money to set him free NOT the slave himself

Not to mention
    Narrated Abu Musa:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Set free the captives and accept invitations."
    حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ سُفْيَانَ، حَدَّثَنِي مَنْصُورٌ، عَنْ أَبِي وَائِلٍ، عَنْ أَبِي مُوسَى، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ فُكُّوا الْعَانِيَ وَأَجِيبُوا الدَّاعِيَ ‏"‏‏.‏
    Reference    : Sahih al-Bukhari 7173
    In-book reference    : Book 93, Hadith 37
    USC-MSA web (English) reference    : Vol. 9, Book 89, Hadith 285

EVEN saddiyah didn't have to pay a single cent the prophet himself from his own money did

Sunan Ibn Majah
    It was narrated from 'Aishah:
    that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) set Safiyyah free, and made her ransom her dowry, and he married her.
    حَدَّثَنَا حُبَيْشُ بْنُ مُبَشِّرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا يُونُسُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَمَّادُ بْنُ زَيْدٍ، عَنْ أَيُّوبَ، عَنْ عِكْرِمَةَ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، ‏.‏ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ أَعْتَقَ صَفِيَّةَ وَجَعَلَ عِتْقَهَا صَدَاقَهَا وَتَزَوَّجَهَا ‏.‏
    English reference    : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1958
    Arabic reference    : Book 9, Hadith 2034

I'm sorry but your argument that the slave is the one that has to pay the price simple is invalid as i showed

the evidence that shows islam commanded to set free the slaves is overwhelming it's one of the reasons why i returned to islam after i left it
     Reply #273 - October 14, 2014, 10:05 PM

Not really.

Ok that is your own opinion
     Reply #274 - October 14, 2014, 10:13 PM

You didn't comment on any of the points I made. You quoted a hadith saying Saffiyah forgave Mo for his crimes, which had nothing to do with my post.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #275 - October 14, 2014, 10:19 PM

You didn't comment on any of the points I made. You quoted a hadith saying Saffiyah forgave Mo for his crimes, which had nothing to do with my post.

you asked about how i debunked your argument that why Muhammad (you call him Mo which is simply stupid and even if i was a non-muslim i will not find it funny)  did this genocide
    let me show you

Quote from: AhmedZaid9119 on Today at 10:49 AM
    you are talking about saffiyah like what happened to her family was a genocide when i already showed you and debunked it for you here again

Quod said:
    How exactly have you done this?
     Reply #276 - October 14, 2014, 10:22 PM

I don't write Mo to be funny, it's simply shorthand. The same as people here using the shorthand Quod instead of the full Quod Sum Eris when referring to me.

Reply #277 - October 14, 2014, 10:23 PM

The point I made was that islamically people were enslaved, and if they were never enslaved then they wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

Reply #278 - October 14, 2014, 10:38 PM

I'm sorry but your argument that the slave is the one that has to pay the price simple is invalid as i showed

Ironic thing is that I never argued that, it was stated in your holy book.

I'm glad that we have reached the point of making no sense. Is your final rebuttal really a contradiction between the hadiths and the quranic verses? I'm a bit disappointed.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #279 - October 14, 2014, 10:41 PM

I'm gonna have to stop posting here i reached my limits
     Reply #280 - October 14, 2014, 10:44 PM

I'm gonna have to stop posting here i reached my limits

I could tell.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #281 - October 14, 2014, 10:46 PM

I don't think there's a contradiction.  I took a look through that chapter of hadith that Ahmed Zaid cited, on financial transactions, and it clarified a great deal about slavery and how it operated.  

http://sunnah.com/nasai/44

15:    It was narrated that 'Aishsh said:
    " The Messenger of Allah ruled that what a slave earns belongs to his guarantor."

66:   It was narrated that Jabir Sair:
    "A slave came and gave his pledge to the Messenger of Allah to emigrate, and the Prophet did not realize that he was a slave. Then his master came looking for him. The Prophet said; 'Sell him to me.' So he bought him for two black slaves, then he did not accept until he had asked; 'Is he a slave?'''

76:    It was narrated from Salim, from his father that the Prophet said:
    "Whoever buys a date-palm tree after it has been pollinated, its fruits belong to the seller, unless the purchaser has stipulated otherwise. And whoever buys a slave who has wealth, his wealth belongs to the seller, unless the purchaser has stipulated otherwise. "(sahih)

84:    It was narrated that Jabir said:
    "A man from Banu 'Adhrah stated that a slave of his was to be set free after he died. News of that reached the Messenger of Allah and he said: 'Do you have any other property basides him/' He said? 'No.' the Messenger of Allah said; 'Who will buy him from me?' Nu'aim bin 'Abdullah Al-Adawi bought him for eight hundred Dirhams, which the Messenger of Allah brought and gave to him (the former owner). Then the Messenger of Allah said: 'Start with yourself and give charity to (yourself). If there is anything left over, then give it to your family; if there is anything left over from your family, then give it to your relatives; if there is anything left over from your relatives, then give it to such and such,' saying 'In front of you, to your right and to your left.

105:  It was narrated that 'Abdullah said:
    "Sa'd, 'Ammar and I entered into a partnership on the Day of Badr, (agreeing to share) whatever was allotted to us. 'Ammar and I did not get anything. But sa'd got two prisoners."

104:   Abu Hurairah said:
    The prophet said: "A man used to lend to people, but if he realized that someone was going through hardship, he would say to his slave: 'Let him off, perhaps Allah, the Most High, will let us off.' And when he met Allah, He let him off."

So the upshot of these hadith (which undoubtedly reflect Abassid-era legal wrangling) is that it is true that a slave's earnings all belonged to the slave's owner.  HOWEVER, a slave could draft up an agreement called a 'contract of manumission' such that, if the owner agreed to the contract, the slave could buy his/her way free.  In addition, people commonly manumitted slaves as a way to acquire their loyalty (you can imagine that somebody freed by your largesse would be more devoted than a pure slave).

These rules on slavery, so far as I can tell, are virtually identical to the rules governing slavery more broadly in late Antiquity, and probably were borrowed directly from them.
     Reply #282 - October 14, 2014, 10:47 PM

Ironic thing is that I never argued that, it was stated in your holy book.

I'm glad that we have reached the point of making no sense. Is your final rebuttal really a contradiction between the hadiths and the quranic verses? I'm a bit disappointed.

I'm done with you i showed you hadiths that a man must pay not the slave but anyway thanks for debating me

it was fun

bye
     Reply #283 - October 14, 2014, 10:48 PM

Chinese water torture, this thread. Muddy-pool water.
     Reply #284 - October 14, 2014, 10:53 PM

Pigeon chess
     Reply #285 - October 14, 2014, 10:54 PM

I'm done with you i showed you hadiths that a man must pay not the slave but anyway thanks for debating me

it was fun

bye

BUT IN THE POST ABOVE IT YOU QUOTED THINGS SPECIFICALLY CONTRADICTIG THAT ALONG WITH YOUR BELOVED VERSE! I'M SORRY I WAS RIGHT!

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #286 - October 14, 2014, 10:57 PM

(I did, I'm not missing anything.)

yes you did

(No, it isn't. Your point has not been made correctly. They have to pay an uncertain amount of work or money to 'earn' their freedom. That is what the deed is.)

this here is where your argument will be debunked
    (It was narrated that Ibn 'Umar said:
    "The Messenger of Allah said: 'Whoever sets free his share of a slave, and he has sufficient wealth to set him free completely by paying the price of the slave, then he should set him free with his own wealth."'
    أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ عَلِيٍّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا يَزِيدُ، - وَهُوَ ابْنُ زُرَيْعٍ - قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا أَيُّوبُ، عَنْ نَافِعٍ، عَنِ ابْنِ عُمَرَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ مَنْ أَعْتَقَ شِرْكًا لَهُ فِي مَمْلُوكٍ وَكَانَ لَهُ مِنَ الْمَالِ مَا يَبْلُغُ ثَمَنَهُ بِقِيمَةِ الْعَبْدِ فَهُوَ عَتِيقٌ مِنْ مَالِهِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
    Reference    : Sunan an-Nasa'i 4699
    In-book reference    : Book 44, Hadith 251
    English translation    : Vol. 5, Book 44, Hadith 4703)

YOU see?Huh? it says that the master must pay the money to set him free NOT the slave himself

Not to mention
    Narrated Abu Musa:
    The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Set free the captives and accept invitations."
    حَدَّثَنَا مُسَدَّدٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ سُفْيَانَ، حَدَّثَنِي مَنْصُورٌ، عَنْ أَبِي وَائِلٍ، عَنْ أَبِي مُوسَى، عَنِ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ فُكُّوا الْعَانِيَ وَأَجِيبُوا الدَّاعِيَ ‏"‏‏.‏
    Reference    : Sahih al-Bukhari 7173
    In-book reference    : Book 93, Hadith 37
    USC-MSA web (English) reference    : Vol. 9, Book 89, Hadith 285

EVEN saddiyah didn't have to pay a single cent the prophet himself from his own money did

Sunan Ibn Majah
    It was narrated from 'Aishah:
    that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) set Safiyyah free, and made her ransom her dowry, and he married her.
    حَدَّثَنَا حُبَيْشُ بْنُ مُبَشِّرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا يُونُسُ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَمَّادُ بْنُ زَيْدٍ، عَنْ أَيُّوبَ، عَنْ عِكْرِمَةَ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، ‏.‏ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ أَعْتَقَ صَفِيَّةَ وَجَعَلَ عِتْقَهَا صَدَاقَهَا وَتَزَوَّجَهَا ‏.‏
    English reference    : Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1958
    Arabic reference    : Book 9, Hadith 2034

the evidence that shows islam commanded to set free the slaves is overwhelming it's one of the reasons why i returned to islam after i left it

It says nothing about paying a slave. It does say if a slave can buy freedom it should be allowed. However since it says nothing of the source of this wealth you can not conclude this. Wealth could be in the form of existing wealth such as in the case of war ransom, loans, family funds. It says nothing about payment at all.

Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1958. Made her "ransom" her dowry. Look up the word ransom. In fact he was paid for her freedom and gifted this payment to her. Reading comprehension.....
     Reply #287 - October 14, 2014, 11:01 PM

Ahmed? Give some consideration to my advice. Think about taking a break from debating. You don't look like you're having fun when you're doing it. Being an apologist and doing these debates can be stressful and time consuming, and it sounds like you don't need the extra stress in your life.

On top of that, you're a college student with a tough major. You don't need to be spending hours at a time arguing on the internet and tiring yourself out at this point in your life, especially if you have a history with depression.

Think about it.

See you later, Ahmed.
     Reply #288 - October 14, 2014, 11:43 PM

BUT IN THE POST ABOVE IT YOU QUOTED THINGS SPECIFICALLY CONTRADICTIG THAT ALONG WITH YOUR BELOVED VERSE! I'M SORRY I WAS RIGHT!

no you were not the verse says And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them

MEANS YOU give them these deeds NOT ask them to GIVE you deeds the hadith i sited affirmed it not contradicted it

anyway this is my final reply

bye
     Reply #289 - October 14, 2014, 11:45 PM

Ahmed? Give some consideration to my advice. Think about taking a break from debating. You don't look like you're having fun when you're doing it. Being an apologist and doing these debates can be stressful and time consuming, and it sounds like you don't need the extra stress in your life.

On top of that, you're a college student with a tough major. You don't need to be spending hours at a time arguing on the internet and tiring yourself out at this point in your life, especially if you have a history with depression.

Think about it.

See you later, Ahmed.

i hope i didn't offended you in any way lua if i did i greatly apologize for it and i'll take my words back

add to the depression that i had i currently suffer epilepsy which makes it much worse for my daily life But anyway

thanks see you later
     Reply #290 - October 14, 2014, 11:49 PM

It says nothing about paying a slave. It does say if a slave can buy freedom it should be allowed. However since it says nothing of the source of this wealth you can not conclude this. Wealth could be in the form of existing wealth such as in the case of war ransom, loans, family funds. It says nothing about payment at all.

Vol. 3, Book 9, Hadith 1958. Made her "ransom" her dowry. Look up the word ransom. In fact he was paid for her freedom and gifted this payment to her. Reading comprehension.....

I'm sorry i would love to respond but i stopped responding in the post it was really very energy consuming but I'll comment on it but don't expect an answer from me for your future respond

(It says nothing about paying a slave. It does say if a slave can buy freedom it should be allowed. However since it says nothing of the source of this wealth you can not conclude this. Wealth could be in the form of existing wealth such as in the case of war ransom, loans, family funds. It says nothing about payment at all.)

False it's says if the master have the wealth means money or like you said war ransom tha fact that the slave doesn't have to pay a single cent to be set for the only think he should say (hay i want to be set free) according to islam the master will pay for him to set him free this is evidence through the hadith i sited and through hadiths literature

anyway bye
     Reply #291 - October 14, 2014, 11:50 PM

no you were not the verse says And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them

MEANS YOU give them these deeds NOT ask them to GIVE you deeds the hadith i sited affirmed it not contradicted it

anyway this is my final reply

bye

You do know that makes no sense. You give them the deed so thay they (somehow) pay you for their freedom. You do not pay yourself to free them.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #292 - October 14, 2014, 11:50 PM

i hope i didn't offended you in any way lua if i did i greatly apologize for it and i'll take my words back

add to the depression that i had i currently suffer epilepsy which makes it much worse for my daily life But anyway

thanks see you later

Hey, same to you, man.

Yeah, you don't need any more stress, Ahmed. Try to take it easy, and good luck in school.
     Reply #293 - October 14, 2014, 11:56 PM

False it's says if the master have the wealth means money or like you said war ransom tha fact that the slave doesn't have to pay a single cent to be set for the only think he should say (hay i want to be set free) according to islam the master will pay for him to set him free this is evidence through the hadith i sited and through hadiths literature.

I honestly could not be bothered to track the last tens of hadiths you filled your posts with but the quran says otherwise and, to my knowledge, verses always have supremacy over hadiths.

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #294 - October 15, 2014, 12:10 AM

Hey, same to you, man.

Yeah, you don't need any more stress, Ahmed. Try to take it easy, and good luck in school.

it's college not school
     Reply #295 - October 15, 2014, 12:14 AM

Yeah, I know. You can use both words, though. College is a type of school, after all.
     Reply #296 - October 15, 2014, 12:20 AM

I'm sorry i would love to respond but i stopped responding in the post it was really very energy consuming but I'll comment on it but don't expect an answer from me for your future respond

(It says nothing about paying a slave. It does say if a slave can buy freedom it should be allowed. However since it says nothing of the source of this wealth you can not conclude this. Wealth could be in the form of existing wealth such as in the case of war ransom, loans, family funds. It says nothing about payment at all.)

False it's says if the master have the wealth means money or like you said war ransom tha fact that the slave doesn't have to pay a single cent to be set for the only think he should say (hay i want to be set free) according to islam the master will pay for him to set him free this is evidence through the hadith i sited and through hadiths literature

anyway bye

Follow the comments.

"Let those who find not the wherewithal for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah gives them means out of His grace. And if any of your slaves ask for a deed in writing (to enable them to earn their freedom for a certain sum), give them such a deed if ye know any good in them: yea, give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah has given to you. But force not your maids to prostitution when they desire chastity, in order that ye may make a gain in the goods of this life. But if anyone compels them, yet, after such compulsion, is Allah, Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful (to them),

Follow the trail of comments. A deed is a formal document which details the sum it will costs for a slave's freedom. Your first hadith shows that a slave has value. The master pays the cost. The above quote also has parameters "know any good in them" so this allows the master to keep "bad slaves".  It also has a cost. Good/Bad becomes an subjective standard of the master so law has no say in this matter, the law leaves it up to the master..The comment before this was about the situations slaves could gain freedom. You provided verses in the case of law which was punishment for the master. There is also the deed. There is also freedom in which the master gains a benefit in the eyes of Allah. These are specific cases. If a case has parameters it becomes specific. However none of these verses provide justification for a slave deciding not to be a slave anymore. So your own argument actually justifies the point you were arguing against. You refuted your own argument  Afro

Take your time, you are getting overwhelmed by arguments against your position due to numbers. Reply when you can.
     Reply #297 - October 15, 2014, 01:01 AM

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #298 - October 15, 2014, 01:07 AM

do you speak arabic Huh?Huh? clearly not because you just quoted a mistranslatsion of sunna abu dawod
    here
    http://quran-errors.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-mistranslation-of-hadeeth-in-sunan.html

It's not from Abu Dawud. It's from Sahih Muslim.

Anyway, bored of your chicanery.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #299 - October 15, 2014, 07:32 AM

Think about it.

See you later, Ahmed.

Awww, that's lovely. If I could use that smiley that has the love hearts floating around the loved up head, then I would send one to both you and Ahmed right now.

Hi
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »