Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
September 24, 2024, 10:45 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 20, 2024, 04:09 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
September 15, 2024, 01:08 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Donald Trump wants to ban Muslims from America

(Read 135656 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 30 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Donald Trump wants to ban Muslims from America
     Reply #270 - November 14, 2016, 03:32 AM

Which only demonstrates they can not tell the difference between the form of government, republic, with the method of placing people in office, democratic. It is amusing to see people rush to display how uneducated they are. A simple response would be to ask what is the different between the USSR (the R is republic) and the USA in regards to how it's leaders gain their office. They will refute their own claim in such a response. Followup with a smirk then roll your eyes.

You once again overestimate an American's intelligence, coherence, and eloquence. There's no way the conversation progresses after this in any way other than me ignoring and refusing to interact with this person for future occasions.

I might be a bit of a hermit. Grin

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #271 - November 14, 2016, 04:37 AM

Trump has just appointed a White supremacist, Antisemitic domestic abuser as his Chief Policy Advisor. I thought that this man was a joke but he's not. He is dangerous.
     Reply #272 - November 14, 2016, 09:57 AM

President-elect Trump speaks to a divided country on 60 Minutes

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-donald-trump-family-melania-ivanka-lesley-stahl/

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #273 - November 14, 2016, 10:27 AM

Cheetah   wrote this on   February 03, 2016, 09:19 PM  
    Hilary Clinton will win anyway, so who cares what he says?

and i said on February 07, 2016, 04:50 PM

I strongly doubt that..... anyways let us listen to Trump..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGU21fhHszk

Hmm that is true It is a fact Mt. Trump did say " let us not go into Iraq and destabilize the region"

I have to agree with that..

damn i knew way before the elections Americans are dumbest people ,,  they are the products of  "SLAVES OR SLAVE OWNERS "  

"And... and usually the products of   "SLAVES OR SLAVE OWNERS "   are very emotional and   don't like women folks in power .."

oh well.... the news   in the country says   " Trump vows to immediately deport up to three million undocumented immigrants"

funny comments under that news link  Comments

Damn I didn't know many from Pakistan supported Trump

Reply #274 - November 14, 2016, 11:24 AM

i dont think donald trump would do that he got huge benifits from them in the past that was only political statement just to gain some attention and votes i thnk
     Reply #275 - November 14, 2016, 12:14 PM

Trump has just appointed a White supremacist, Antisemitic domestic abuser as his Chief Policy Advisor. I thought that this man was a joke but he's not. He is dangerous.

If you've ever watched a video from the channel Breitbart News that he heads, you'd know it basically reads straight from the alt-right bible.

Well fuck.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #276 - November 14, 2016, 05:52 PM

Had a few reminders today, and have made an informed conclusion:

WHAT A TOTAL AND UTTER DICKHEAD THIS TRUMP IS.

if there was a card game called Dickheads, this guy would be top trump every time. It oozes through every pore of his disgusting being. He doesn't even have to  open his mouth, his dickheadedness emanates in a glorious shining aura made of shit and blubber in every photo ever taken of him.

He is an absolute and undeniable dickhead. Anyone with half a mind can see that clearly. Then how did 43% of Americans not see it? I don't care if a vote for him was a vote for hope for the ignored, or a punch in the face to the corrupt establishment, or a wake-up call to the world... He is a dickhead on such an epic scale that you should all be ashamed of yourselves, each and every one of you, for voting this twat in.

Hi
     Reply #277 - November 14, 2016, 06:04 PM

It's the closest thing to revolution that us Americans can currently manage. Maybe in four years time we'll give social democracy a chance?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #278 - November 14, 2016, 08:35 PM

Well, it's a terrible revolution asbo-child. It's like tossing a pancake in the air before the eggs have cooked, and then accidentally dropping the frying pan and it's remaining contents onto your naked penis. Poor idea that. Poor revolution.

Hi
     Reply #279 - November 15, 2016, 02:37 AM

Had a few reminders today, and have made an informed conclusion:

WHAT A TOTAL AND UTTER DICKHEAD THIS TRUMP IS.

if there was a card game called Dickheads, this guy would be top trump every time. It oozes through every pore of his disgusting being. He doesn't even have to  open his mouth, his dickheadedness emanates in a glorious shining aura made of shit and blubber in every photo ever taken of him.

He is an absolute and undeniable dickhead. Anyone with half a mind can see that clearly. Then how did 43% of Americans not see it? I don't care if a vote for him was a vote for hope for the ignored, or a punch in the face to the corrupt establishment, or a wake-up call to the world... He is a dickhead on such an epic scale that you should all be ashamed of yourselves, each and every one of you, for voting this twat in.

Most of the people I know who have such an understanding of Trump are also of the opinion that his fans are of his ilk. If I choose to believe that half or nearly half of the population is stupid then I don't think I could live with the terror. So I keep hoping. But that is one answer to your question of how?

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #280 - November 15, 2016, 02:39 AM

It's the closest thing to revolution that us Americans can currently manage. Maybe in four years time we'll give social democracy a chance?

Why is it that our attempts at beginning a revolution end in rioting? Why do protesters do that?

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #281 - November 15, 2016, 02:48 AM

If you've ever watched a video from the channel Breitbart News that he heads, you'd know it basically reads straight from the alt-right bible.

Well fuck.

And any tin foil hat nonsense that appeals to their bias.
     Reply #282 - November 15, 2016, 04:55 AM

Why is it that our attempts at beginning a revolution end in rioting? Why do protesters do that?

I would say something about a breakdown in organization, but my honest answer is I don't know.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #283 - November 15, 2016, 12:58 PM

Well fuck.

I have read a few articles from that rag Breitbart in the past. With most papers you can take something useful from them, even if you don't agree with the overall political agenda. I have nothing positive to say about Breitbart whatsoever - it was brimming with paranoia and conspiracy theories.
     Reply #284 - November 15, 2016, 05:38 PM

Breitbart has tapped into general distrust of the American mass media ... which few Americans take seriously anymore.  Look at the lead article on Breitbart right now.  It's not wrong.  But you will almost never see such critical argument posted in traditional mass media.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/15/post-election-poll-78-percent-believe-media-coverage-biased/

I was watching the American mass media coverage of the election (CNN, MSNBC), and it was surreal how delusional and confused the broadcasters were.  They were living in a bubble world of empty dogmas.  CNN was still fighting to claim the election was still alive up to the moment where Trump openly claimed the presidency, upon which Wolf Blitzer frantically made a hurried announcement stating they would now call the race.  That Thomas Frank article I posted earlier is bang-on right about the media's detached and robotic sanctimony.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/09/donald-trump-white-house-hillary-clinton-liberals

"Clinton’s supporters among the media didn’t help much, either. It always struck me as strange that such an unpopular candidate enjoyed such robust and unanimous endorsements from the editorial and opinion pages of the nation’s papers, but it was the quality of the media’s enthusiasm that really harmed her. With the same arguments repeated over and over, two or three times a day, with nuance and contrary views all deleted, the act of opening the newspaper started to feel like tuning in to a Cold War propaganda station. Here’s what it consisted of:

Hillary was virtually without flaws. She was a peerless leader clad in saintly white, a super-lawyer, a caring benefactor of women and children, a warrior for social justice.
        Her scandals weren’t real.
        The economy was doing well / America was already great.
        Working-class people weren’t supporting Trump.
        And if they were, it was only because they were botched humans. Racism was the only conceivable reason for lining up with the Republican candidate.

How did the journalists’ crusade fail? The fourth estate came together in an unprecedented professional consensus. They chose insulting the other side over trying to understand what motivated them. They transformed opinion writing into a vehicle for high moral boasting. What could possibly have gone wrong with such an approach?"
     Reply #285 - November 15, 2016, 09:08 PM

Re: the current Beitbart headline: there was media bias. It was there because Trump stinks of inadequacy at best, and inflammatory bigotry, misogyny and xenophobic aggression at worst. Journalists are people; editors have views; news stations have slight leanings; and nearly all of them had the intelligence and the nose to smell Trump... I don't know Breitbart. But if that headline is anything to go by (and it is probably them on their best behaviour given that they are in the spotlight), I don't like them.

And regarding the evangelical coverage for Clinton: we didn't get that over here. Our papers and news stations went out of the way to point out the flaws of Hillary also, and of the nastiness that both campaign teams were employing, and the resulting apathy felt amongst voters. In fact, they pointed it out so regularly, that it annoyed me that more focus wasn't on the supreme idiocy of Trump alone. It's like trying to balance the ugliness of Quasimodo on one side, with a plain but spotty teenager on the other. The comparisons just don't stack up.

Hi
     Reply #286 - November 15, 2016, 11:38 PM

I agree there could be an element of The Boy Who Cried Wolf at play here. It is true our media has become increasingly sensationalist and emotionally manipulative. But this is an instance when the country was presented with a candidate who has done a number of evil things, versus a candidate who is essentially the embodiment of everything evil.

And this speaks to the greater ills of American society that this election has exposed. I'm personally fed up with the pundits downplaying the role that racism played in Trump's victory, as though having a Nazi flag hanging in your living room or shouting "go back to where you came from" at brown people from the window of your pickup truck was the only way to be a racist.

Racism is, at its core, the belief that a group of people are inferior and deserve less while another group are superior and deserve more.

If you are willing to bargain away the rights of one group or another for vague promises of "great"ness for your own group, that's racism. 

If you think your chance to throw your Molotov cocktail of dissent into an establishment you feel has failed you, while in the process further marginalizing groups that have always had it rough  (because, hey, struggling is for them, not you), that's racism.

Trump was able to say  on national TV exactly what sort of oppression he would enact if elected. No one was under any illusions as to exactly how terrible the guy would be towards certain people. The fact that he was elected lets me know that some racists don't even know what racism is.

The same is true for sexism, anti-Semitism, and anti-Muslim bigotry.
     Reply #287 - November 16, 2016, 01:10 AM

Trump just appointed an out and out white supremacist as his Chief strategist and advisor. Stephen Bannon of Breitbart.

Throwing the molotov cocktail at the democratic establishment in hopes of electing a progressive president in 2020 was a pretty dangerous gamble. Whether it was worth it or not will be decided in 2020.

Well whats done is done....

Next steps for the progressives are  :

1) Spread the word about the new org created By Bernie Sanders "Brand New Congress"  . The goal of the org is to run 400 plus populist progressive candidates in the 2018 midterm elections to take back congress from the control of the Republicans.

https://brandnewcongress.org/home   

2)   Sign the petition and spread it to persuade  DNC officials to make Keith Ellison the new head of the DNC. He is a co chair of the progressive caucus. We need a real progressive like him leading the DNC so it doesn't undermine populist candidates like Bernie again in 2020.

https://keithfordnc.org/ 

3)  Donate to progressive groups like Planned Parenthood, the NAACP and the American Civil Liberties Union .

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #288 - November 16, 2016, 02:36 AM

Throwing the molotov cocktail at the democratic establishment in hopes of electing a progressive president in 2020 was a pretty dangerous gamble. Whether it was worth it or not will be decided in 2020.

Fuck that.

Using Blacks, Latinos, Jews, Muslims, women, etc. as pawns in a "gamble" prove that you view them as inferior and can never "be worth it. " What could being worth it even look like at that point?

It must be what it's like meeting the devil at the crossroads at midnight. "Sure, I'll make you great. You can be just like me. All you have to do is sacrifice everything you value and hold dear - not from you, but from other people."
     Reply #289 - November 16, 2016, 04:55 AM

Most of the people I know who have such an understanding of Trump are also of the opinion that his fans are of his ilk. If I choose to believe that half or nearly half of the population is stupid then I don't think I could live with the terror. So I keep hoping. But that is one answer to your question of how?

It's not just half the population of the US, but also half the population of many democratic countries.

If you choose to believe that all Republicans/Trump voters are racist, then you also believe that half of Indonesians, Malaysians, Turks, etc are all racist supremacists. Trumps exist in every countries, some of them are even more dangerous than US' DickTrump.

However, I have the feeling that I would be called racist if I say that majority of Indonesians are racist supremacists, or that Indonesia have rape culture....

It's complicated.
     Reply #290 - November 16, 2016, 06:36 AM

^ Don't know about Malaysians in particular, but I think I get your point. Good people are losing the war everywhere.

Hi
     Reply #291 - November 16, 2016, 07:32 AM

My vote for Jill Stein was a vote against Hillary.

I voted for Jill Stein. I did this with the full knowledge that, if enough young people like me did the same or abstained from voting, then the presidency would go to Trump. I did it with the full knowledge that Hillary Clinton was counting on me, as a gender and sexual minority person and as a mixed race individual in my 20s, to vote for her. I knew she couldn’t win without my demographic’s vote, and that, if enough people did the same, we would effectively give the victory to Trump. And I still voted for Jill Stein because I couldn’t, in good conscience, vote for Hillary.

Read the rest here and like my page while you're there, I'm trying to up my traffic.  Wink

>Shameless self promotion FTL

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #292 - November 16, 2016, 11:46 AM

The Tohono O'ohdam reservation and the Trump wall: http://www.yesmagazine.org/peace-justice/the-arizona-tribe-that-knows-how-to-stop-a-trump-wall-20161115
     Reply #293 - November 16, 2016, 12:05 PM

Well whats done is done....

I disagree with the premise that many progressives, both inside and outside of the Democratic Party, were actively voting against Hillary to bring about this outcome. In actuality, Trump won the election fairly comfortably in terms of the electoral vote, so the idea that progressives chose to swing the result one way or the other in some sort of morally tenuous gamble seems to me absurd.

Other than that, I do agree that the Democratic party is in need of major reform. But it is a reform that was illuminated by the result of this election, and the election could in no way be considered a part of some grand design within that process.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #294 - November 16, 2016, 12:08 PM

Oh dear. I don't see this ending well for the Tohono O’odham. With the current sentiment, I'm sure the reservation would be the place where wall construction would begin.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #295 - November 16, 2016, 12:39 PM

I disagree with the premise that many progressives, both inside and outside of the Democratic Party, were actively voting against Hillary to bring about this outcome. In actuality, Trump won the election fairly comfortably in terms of the electoral vote, so the idea that progressives chose to swing the result one way or the other in some sort of morally tenuous gamble seems to me absurd.

Other than that, I do agree that the Democratic party is in need of major reform. But it is a reform that was illuminated by the result of this election, and the election could in no way be considered a part of some grand design within that process.

all that is NO USE  and it doesn't solve the problem.,  Total US electorate population in 2016 elections was 231 million people  ., out of that 100 million people didn't  vote ., All those 100 million  should be thrown out of your country in to that Atlantic or Pacific ocean .  Such irresponsible people don't deserve any country ..

Reply #296 - November 16, 2016, 01:16 PM

Jesus yeez, thank god you're not the President, you'd make Trump look tame.  Cheesy

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #297 - November 16, 2016, 01:20 PM

So here's a cool thing that Trump is planning on doing. And it's nice to see Congressmen shitting themselves over it.  Cheesy

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/us/politics/as-trump-embraces-term-limits-allies-in-congress-pull-away.html?_r=0

Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky and the majority leader, made that quite clear last week when he said the Senate outlook for term limits was severely limited.

“I would say we have term limits now,” Mr. McConnell told reporters. “They’re called elections. And it will not be on the agenda in the Senate.”

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #298 - November 16, 2016, 01:39 PM

may be you have a point there .,  being novice to politics   and Ooold guy,  it is possible  Trump may turn out to  be cool thing to US of A .,But I have STRONG DOUBT.,  It all depends whom  he selects in to his team to run his show ..

here is the cool old thing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LhgGs4TrYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alv7N6Ynm1Y

I wonder whether it is real or lip sinking??  Americans  .. votes..voting and politics

Reply #299 - November 16, 2016, 02:55 PM

all that is NO USE  and it doesn't solve the problem.,  Total US electorate population in 2016 elections was 231 million people  ., out of that 100 million people didn't  vote ., All those 100 million  should be thrown out of your country in to that Atlantic or Pacific ocean .  Such irresponsible people don't deserve any country ..

Colin Kaepernick on his reasons for not voting: http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/11/15/report-says-colin-kaepernick-has-never-registered-to-vote/21606853/

Colin Kaepernick on twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/Kaepernick7
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 30 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »