Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What music are you listen...
by zeca
Yesterday at 03:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 04:08 AM

New Britain
June 02, 2024, 05:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 02:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 03:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 08:51 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Mass Shooting in Munich

(Read 7213 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Mass Shooting in Munich
     OP - July 22, 2016, 12:55 PM

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/22/europe/germany-munich-shooting/index.html

Some reports are saying around 15 dead.   Cry

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #1 - July 22, 2016, 01:24 PM

German police confirm "several deaths"......

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking

Sky reporting that the shooter is still on the loose.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #2 - July 22, 2016, 01:36 PM

Germany's 9/11?  Cry

Reply #3 - July 22, 2016, 01:37 PM

Reports of a second shooting in Munich at a metro station.

Reply #4 - July 22, 2016, 02:11 PM

Horrible it's my home town Cry
     Reply #5 - July 22, 2016, 02:38 PM

well  this is what the news link says... Up to 15 dead after shots fired at shopping centre in Munich[/url

UP to 15 people are believed to have been shot dead at a shopping centre in Munich this evening. A major police operation is underway near Munich’s Olympic Park following reports of shots being fired in the shopping centre in the area.  Police have said they are treating the incident as a terror attack.

Reports of a second shooting at a Metro station in the city were a false alarm.  "We believe we are dealing with a shooting rampage," a police spokeswoman said, adding she believed more than one shooter was involved. According to Interior Minister Joachim Hermann, three suspects are believed to have been involved and are currently on the run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqaUz1Q4m4Y

well  that is what it is ., good response for Germans for their hospitality.,  well Germans are giving asylum to infidel Muslims.   

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - July 22, 2016, 03:06 PM

well  that is what it is ., good response for Germans for their hospitality.,  well Germans are giving asylum to infidel Muslims. 

I know people are going to think IS immediately but don't forget that today is the fifth anniversary of Anders Breivik's massacre in Norway, and Germany has extreme right problems of its own.  This could be an attack on muslims by a far right group rather than an attack by muslims.

Reply #7 - July 22, 2016, 03:22 PM

Europe is becoming a mess. And it's only the beginning.
     Reply #8 - July 22, 2016, 03:23 PM

Thank god that guy had terrible aim.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #9 - July 22, 2016, 03:43 PM

I've heard rumours it's a Nazi group
     Reply #10 - July 22, 2016, 03:45 PM

Today - 22nd July is anniversary of Anders Brievik murders.
     Reply #11 - July 22, 2016, 03:46 PM

Shouts of racial abuse heard apparently.

Nothing confirmed yet I hasten to add.

Just rumours.
     Reply #12 - July 22, 2016, 03:56 PM

Cheetah as always got there before me.
     Reply #13 - July 22, 2016, 04:15 PM

CNN now reporting that one of the shooters shouted Allahu Akbar.  I don't think the media know what's going on they're just reporting every rumour they hear as news.

Reply #14 - July 22, 2016, 04:21 PM

............. IS ................. Anders Breivik's ............. extreme right ...........far right group............attack by muslims.

whatever the name people give or call ...to me they are all same .. and apply same rules and victims often are unarmed civilians

https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/756546678581321728/photo/1

Reply #15 - July 22, 2016, 04:28 PM

I know people are going to think IS immediately but don't forget that today is the fifth anniversary of Anders Breivik's massacre in Norway, and Germany has extreme right problems of its own.  This could be an attack on muslims by a far right group rather than an attack by muslims.

Europe is facing a rise of fascism in response to current events. I expect more acts as those from both sides attack those in the middle due to a label identification and counter "attacks"

As always normal people, and I mean people of any label, are caught between two extreme groups taking their conflict into the public.
     Reply #16 - July 22, 2016, 04:50 PM

One of the witness says he yelled "fucking foreigners". It seems like that it's just one guy, a nazi.
     Reply #17 - July 22, 2016, 05:28 PM

What's up with everyone unleashing their rage these days?

Fucking nutters

Reply #18 - July 22, 2016, 05:29 PM

Europe is becoming a mess. And it's only the beginning.

I definitely hope there's no beginning to it. It needs to end.
     Reply #19 - July 22, 2016, 05:44 PM

It won't end soon. Hold on to your humanity.
     Reply #20 - July 22, 2016, 05:57 PM

The whole world seems to have gone mad this year.  Trump, Brexit, cops shooting black people, black people shooting cops, IS, a rise in the extreme right across Europe,  now gawd knows what in Munich.  I think it'll get worse before it gets better.

Reply #21 - July 22, 2016, 06:31 PM

One can only hope...
     Reply #22 - July 22, 2016, 06:40 PM

The whole world seems to have gone mad this year.  Trump, Brexit, cops shooting black people, black people shooting cops, IS, a rise in the extreme right across Europe,  now gawd knows what in Munich.  I think it'll get worse before it gets better.

Most of this is not new. The only difference is that now we have social media and people are paying attention. Many people have always known about anti-immigration sentiment, racism, police brutality, etc.

I'd be interested to see if there's actually been a rise in numbers, but I doubt it.
     Reply #23 - July 22, 2016, 06:46 PM

Edit
     Reply #24 - July 22, 2016, 06:58 PM

I don't think it's a bad year. I think it's a good year. The fact that this stuff is gaining attention means that people are being heard. We know about all the police violence against black people because of the Black Lives Matter movement. It has been incredibly effective in bringing attenton to violence against black communities to the rest of the world.

There's been a resurgence of black social activism, and as a result, of black mainstream artists becoming politicized, as well as black artists and writers riding the wave of cultural resurgence and rising to the top.

I think it's a year of empowerment.
     Reply #25 - July 22, 2016, 07:09 PM

Munich police are hunting for a possible three gunmen who they believe have carried out an attack at a shopping centre and McDonald's restaurant.

On Twitter, the local forces said shootings had taken place at Hanauer street, which is the location of both the Olympia shopping center and the adjoining McDonald's.

Reports of the gunman's behaviour were confused and contradictory.

A Muslim woman told CNN that she heard the gunman yell: "Allahu Akbar," yet video footage showed a gunman ranting against foreigners and Turks, suggesting a Neo Nazi attack.

Children were said to be targeted, and a 15-year-old girl among the dead.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/22/shots-fired-at-munich-shopping-centre/

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #26 - July 22, 2016, 08:31 PM

Thanks to social media we also know that there is also anti-refugee/migrant sentiment in Turkey and Jordan.

Though it doesn't make things any less terrifying...
     Reply #27 - July 22, 2016, 08:38 PM

If its the anders brevik anniversary its probably white supremacist or neo nazi.

I feel like Europe is beyond repair.

Far right parties will eventually take control of at least one significant western European country if not more.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #28 - July 22, 2016, 08:47 PM

Cautious all-clear’: Munich gunman commits suicide, possibly acted alone  says RT 

Munich police have announced a ‘cautious all-clear’ after an hours-long manhunt which culminated in the discovery of the body of a suspected gunman near the scene of the attack. Authorities suspect the shooter could have acted alone in a rampage that claimed at least nine lives.

“We found a man, who killed him himself. We assume, that he was the only shooter,” Munich police department said.

The perpetrator has been identified “within the framework of Interpol,” police said in a series of tweets in German. Law enforcement believes “with high” probability that the gunman acted alone. Police said the shooter was an 18-year-old German-Iranian who lived in the country for over two years and whose motives “are still unclear.”

At a press conference, police chief Hubertus Andrae admitted that conflicting witness testimonies made authorities believe that there were three killers at large, but that information has not been confirmed.

Police also announced that the shooting rampage that started at the Olympia shopping center and the adjoining McDonald's left 10 people dead, including one person who died in a hospital and the shooter himself, who has not yet been named.  At least 21 people were wounded in the attack, said police spokesman Marcus da Gloria Martins, adding that their injuries ranged from mild to severe.

Initial reports led police to believe that up to three gunmen were on the lose as security forces deployed all means possible to track the attackers. As the manhunt continued, police found the body of a man that they believed was of the shooter who committed suicide.

Explosives experts from Munich police went on to examine a backpack found on the dead man who resembled the gunman seen on several videos shared online. The body of the man was found about one kilometer (0.6 miles) away from the mall where the shootings took place. A special bomb robot reportedly aided in examining the suspect’s body.

that is what the news link says.......

Reply #29 - July 22, 2016, 08:52 PM

This also came in, shared by Sohail Ahmed via Twitter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36873180 post_id=429864140527431_596810177166159
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »