Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 07:14 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 02:19 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
Yesterday at 08:47 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 03:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 04:08 AM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 02:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 03:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 08:51 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Are you supportive of the Palestinian struggle?
  • Absolutely yes - 1 (9.1%)
  • Generally yes, but not under current Islamist leadership - 4 (36.4%)
  • Generally no - 2 (18.2%)
  • Absolutely not - 1 (9.1%)
  • Neutral/too damn cynical - 3 (27.3%)
  • Total Voters: 11

Topic: Question #2 from the Q-Man

(Read 1911 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Question #2 from the Q-Man
     OP - March 19, 2009, 08:12 PM

Okay this is one of the other things I was curious about when I perused this site. I used to be at option #2, but more frequently find myself at the latter half of option #5 nowadays. Oh, and I'm not gonna participate in any flamewar on the topic-- this poll is out of pure curiosity, not out of any desire for political/ideological advocacy.

fuck you
  • Re: Question #2 from the Q-Man
     Reply #1 - March 19, 2009, 08:17 PM

Lukewarm 2'ish myself. Intermittent stages of 5. Frankly I'm not terribly impressed with a lot of the participants on either side a lot of the time.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #2 - March 20, 2009, 06:24 AM

I support the struggle but not the methodology (suicide bombings amongst civilians). In fact I don't even support some of the ideology. Israel now exists. Learn to live together (and that includes Israel stopping sneakily taking territory away via settlements). It's more complicated than that, but basically the Palestinian dream of taking over the whole area is unfeasible.

"At 8:47 I do a grenade jump off a ladder."
     Reply #3 - March 20, 2009, 06:42 AM

I'm between 2 and 5, I feel the same way as Pazuzu does about the situation. Israel and Palestine need to learn to co-exist and Hamas has to go. Unfortunately that will never happen.
     Reply #4 - March 20, 2009, 11:02 AM

My assessment in the week the hostilities started between israel and hamas, was that, israel will hit hamas hard enough, but will stop a bit before obama gets his inauguration.

On one side, israel will appeal to its population, that they are doing something about the bombing. Also israel gains brownie points with the new US administration by stopping on inauguration.

On the other side, israel will not eradicate hamas. They need the big bad toothless muslim goon, to oppress the palestinians, and to justify israel using extreme measures against palestinian land.

Israel had been surprisingly tolerant of getting bombed. For 20yrs Syria had canons on the golan shooting into israel civilian population sometimes as much as twice a week. You do not accept for someone to bomb you for 20yrs, unless u want to get bombed for 20yrs. And now Hamas is doing a lot less damage then the Syrian canons, and offering a much much higher benefit to Israel.

The thing about making awesome predictions like the one i made on this conflict, is that, when i make them people telling me i am dreaming, and when they happen people tell me i know it cuz it already happened.

"Ask the slave girl; she will tell you the truth.' So the Apostle called Burayra to ask her. Ali got up and gave her a violent beating first, saying, 'Tell the Apostle the truth.'"
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »