Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:32 AM

New Britain
September 24, 2024, 10:45 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
September 15, 2024, 01:08 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Story of Sulayman

(Read 83807 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 13 14 1516 17 ... 19 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The Story of Sulayman
     Reply #420 - February 17, 2010, 07:27 PM

Yeah actually I agree with Hassan. If  I was taught this version of God I would disbelieve or have a hard time praying to God. The God I prayed to is not at like Allah in the Quran, the negative parts. I loved Him. I just wish I could convince myself he exists :(

But the horrible diamond shaped reptile disease keeps popping up in my mind :( why God? Why would you create that?
     Reply #421 - February 17, 2010, 07:34 PM

@ Hassan

True, God, being a creator, DID care to create, He even cared to give us the *ability* to choose to do whatever we want. And so what? He also cares for those who care for Him which is an amazing grace on His part... He simply doesn't care for those who don't.

It's not that I haven't read what you said, Debunker - I simply cannot understand how you think such a God is worthy of our love and worship?

How? When I think that the creator of the mighty mountains, vast oceans and burning stars might still actually care for an infinitely insignificant being like myself, I can't help but feel such great love and gratitude for Him!

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #422 - February 17, 2010, 07:56 PM

@ Hassan

True, God, being a creator, DID care to create, He even cared to give us the *ability* to choose to do whatever we want. And so what? He also cares for those who care for Him which is an amazing grace on His part... He simply doesn't care for those who don't.

How? When I think that the creator of the mighty mountains, vast oceans and burning stars might still actually care for an infinitely insignificant being like myself, I can't help but feel such great love and gratitude for Him!

While he tortures others for eternity?

I certainly cannot love such a God - no matter how insignificant we are to him.

Nor should it should it matter how insignificant, small, ignorant, weak or whatever we are - if he created us and gave us feelings and thought, then it does not make it any better to say we are 'insignificant' and so he doesn't care!

And you truly love this God?
     Reply #423 - February 17, 2010, 08:03 PM

I give it 5 virgins out of 5. (Muslim version of Roger Ebert)

rofl rofl rofl

World renowned historian Will Durant"...the Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex order and freedom can at any moment be overthrown..."
     Reply #424 - February 17, 2010, 09:26 PM

Tell me something Debunker why does God let the malaria virus strain mutate and evolve?

Humans find a natural cure, survive, and then it does a 180?
     Reply #425 - February 18, 2010, 12:07 AM

Another video response to the Story of Sulayman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxQ0rbD5bVY&feature=response_watch
     Reply #426 - February 18, 2010, 01:46 PM

Tell me something Debunker why does God let the malaria virus strain mutate and evolve?

Humans find a natural cure, survive, and then it does a 180?

Now, you're discussing the Problem of Evil... I discussed this with a Christian member on FFI before here:
    http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5015#p82549

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #427 - February 20, 2010, 02:44 PM

Someone just left this comment on my video about Sulayman:

nabil22101972nabil (16 hours ago)   0    Reply | Not Spam
    | Remove | Block User
    قال تعالى يا ايها النمل ادخلو مساكنكم لا يحطمنكم سليمان وجنوده وهم لا يشعرون
    في اللغة العربيه لا تأتي كلمة يحطم الا للزجاج وابحث فسوف ترى ان النمل به 90 بالمئه من الزجاج
    هل تريد اعجازات علميه اكثر ؟

(my translation) "God Almighty said: 'Oh ants, get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it." - "In Arabic language the word يحطم (Yahtim, break, crush, smash...) is only used for glass. Search and you will find that ants are made 90% of glass. Do you want any more of a scientific miracle?"

Reply #428 - February 20, 2010, 05:57 PM

Wow he just debunked himself. What a tool.
     Reply #429 - February 20, 2010, 06:03 PM

Someone just left this comment on my video about Sulayman:

nabil22101972nabil (16 hours ago)   0    Reply | Not Spam
    | Remove | Block User
    قال تعالى يا ايها النمل ادخلو مساكنكم لا يحطمنكم سليمان وجنوده وهم لا يشعرون
    في اللغة العربيه لا تأتي كلمة يحطم الا للزجاج وابحث فسوف ترى ان النمل به 90 بالمئه من الزجاج
    هل تريد اعجازات علميه اكثر ؟

(my translation) "God Almighty said: 'Oh ants, get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it." - "In Arabic language the word يحطم (Yahtim, break, crush, smash...) is only used for glass. Search and you will find that ants are made 90% of glass. Do you want any more of a miracle?"

Oh no! Not another scientific miracle!

Reply #430 - February 20, 2010, 06:11 PM

I like Jeffery Lang's take on Quranic Scientific Miracles, they don't belong there.

And what an oxymoron, a Scientific Miracle LOL
     Reply #431 - February 20, 2010, 06:34 PM

I just love some of the comments I get - I wish I had time and could collect them all and post them. Though I miss most of them as I get so many every day I can't possibly keep up!
     Reply #432 - February 20, 2010, 07:31 PM

I like Jeffery Lang's take on Quranic Scientific Miracles, they don't belong there.

And what an oxymoron, a Scientific Miracle LOL

I didn't know Jeffery Lang said that. I noticed that less Muslims are talking about scientific miracles lately. I remember a video of Nouman Ali Khan where he said its bogus, 3 years ago he believed in it. I guess they are finally starting to see the picture.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #433 - February 20, 2010, 07:37 PM

It's more likely they are getting their asses handed to them when they present scientific miracles from 1400 year old book

Who's Nouman Ali Khan?
     Reply #434 - February 20, 2010, 08:47 PM

I didn't know Jeffery Lang said that. I noticed that less Muslims are talking about scientific miracles lately. I remember a video of Nouman Ali Khan where he said its bogus, 3 years ago he believed in it. I guess they are finally starting to see the picture.

I NEVER believed in any of them! And I used to poke fun at my friends who believed in them.

Reply #435 - February 21, 2010, 12:37 AM

I NEVER believed in any of them! And I used to poke fun at my friends who believed in them.

Really eh. Did you ever convince any of your Muslim friends that the whole science in the Qur'an is just nonsense, or do they still believe in it?

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #436 - February 21, 2010, 12:40 AM

they usually accuse me of being a *hater* of the Quran... and when I mock their miracles, they accuse me of mocking the Quran...

Reply #437 - February 21, 2010, 12:43 AM

I'm a hater of the Quran. Smiley

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #438 - February 21, 2010, 10:04 AM

Oh no! Not another scientific miracle!

(Clicky for piccy!)

What I love about these scientific miracles is that any old Tom, Dick or Harry (sorry I mean Tarek, Dawood, and Haroun) can discover them according to some dubious factoid they read in a tabloid while waiting for a dentist appointment.
     Reply #439 - February 21, 2010, 10:13 AM

Cheesy
     Reply #440 - February 21, 2010, 10:42 AM

Cheesy

Reply #441 - February 21, 2010, 11:20 AM

What I love about these scientific miracles is that any old Tom, Dick or Harry (sorry I mean Tarek, Dawood, and Haroun) can discover them according to some dubious factoid they read in a tabloid while waiting for a dentist appointment.

yes, they are very good at reverse engineering these facts into their scriptures..

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #442 - February 24, 2010, 02:32 PM

Just got this lol...

Dear discussislam,

Your video قصة سليمان (The Story of Solomon) has become popular on YouTube, and you're eligible to apply for the YouTube Partnership Program, which allows you to make money from playbacks of your video.

Once you're approved, making money from your video is easy. Here's how it works: First sign into your YouTube account. Then, complete the steps outlined here.... Once you're finished, we'll start placing ads next to your video and pay you a share of the revenue as long as you meet the program requirements.

We look forward to adding your video to the YouTube Partnership Program. Thanks and good luck!

The YouTube Team

(I've had the same email about a few of my vids - I refuse them all of course  grin12)
     Reply #443 - February 24, 2010, 02:36 PM

Haha I wouldn't refuse, you are far more noble than me Hass.  Tongue

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #444 - February 24, 2010, 02:41 PM

@ Abu Yunus,

While we're on this topic again - you said that you didn't think the "Creature of the earth" that "ate" Sulayman's stick was a tiny wood eating insect (i.e wood worm/louse etc...) and with that you reject the idea he was leaning on his stick dead for at LEAST days - or a year as some say.

So my question is this?

What do you think it was that ate the stick?

I mean logically it must have been something?

Was it a lion, or a wolf or perhaps a gazalle or maybe a crocodile?

Did it eat the whole stick or just bite it? (Once? A few times?)

So how long was it between Sulayman's death and the arrival of the (insert name of animal) ? Was it just a few minutes? Hours? A day?

And this to you sounds more probable than an insect eating it over several days?

I'm not being funny - honestly - I just like to follow things to their logical conclusions that's all.

I think too many religious people say things without thinking through the consequences of what they say.
     Reply #445 - February 24, 2010, 02:41 PM

why you refuse Hass?
     Reply #446 - February 24, 2010, 02:43 PM

Haha I wouldn't refuse, you are far more noble than me Hass.  Tongue

Well it's tempting I must admit... I really need the money!  But I didn't do it for money and don't want to cheapen my vids by taking money and having ads.
     Reply #447 - February 24, 2010, 02:45 PM

are there any high hit channels that dont make money?
     Reply #448 - February 24, 2010, 03:02 PM

Actually Hassan I think that you are doing the right thing by not accepting this offer. Potential financial gains are negligible if I am not mistaken - do you happen to know exactly how much you could potentially earn?
     Reply #449 - February 24, 2010, 03:13 PM

Hey Hass,

I actually did mean it when I said I won't be continuing to post regularly anymore (in fact I think I will do so very rarely from now on and am a bit annoyed at myself that I got involved again yesterday), but since it's a question from you I am of course happy to answer:

I think I actually answered your questions from a couple of posts I made earlier in the thread:

''Where does it say in the Quran that Solomon himself actually tortured animals?

Where does it say he ruled over a kingdom as vast as America? In fact does it say anywhere how vast Solomon's kingdom was? (i.e. the fact that he was granted a 'kingdom of the like that was never to be granted to anyone after him' could and probably just means that the kingdom consisted of jinn and birds as well as men - no one would have this type of kingdom ever again)

Where does it say he died on the horse while leaning on his stick? Where does it say he went unnoticed for days?

Where does it say an insect was biting away at Solomons stick - as far as I'm aware the Quran says it was an 'earthly creature'

Where does it say the jinns built a palace with a marble floor for the queen so that Solomon could impress her?

Where does it say the queen revealed her legs to Solomon in the manner depicted in your vid to entice solomon (in the Quran it says she simply pulled up her garments because she thought she was standing in a lake of water)?''

and then:

''3- The verse from the Quran is:
    ''But when We decreed death for him, naught showed them his death but a creature of the earth that ate away his staff; and when he fell down, the jinn came to know plainly that if they had known the unseen, they would not have tarried in abasing torment.''

It appears it's not even clear that he was leaning on his stick - I'm not sure exactly what the verse is saying.

4- An earthly creature could pretty much be anything in my honest opinion - perhaps a creature that lives in the ground - there are quite a lot of these - ferrets, meerkats, naked mole-rats etc.''

If it was indeed was one of these rodent-type creatures then it could have taken just a few hours for the stick to break. tbh I find it a bit silly trying to guess at what happened when none of us really know what actually happened - the verses of the Quran actually contain very very little detail regarding these points.

The story of Solomon is really not such a big deal for me - the only reason why I started commenting on the thread in the first place was because there were a lot of details in the video that are not from the Quran (but as you correctly point out are inferred from the Quran) - I just wanted to make that point.

Anyways, I hope you and the kids are doing well my friend.

Best wishes

Abu Yunus

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
  • Previous page 1 ... 13 14 1516 17 ... 19 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »