Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 09:48 PM

New Britain
September 24, 2024, 10:45 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
September 15, 2024, 01:08 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What will come after Islam?

(Read 2835 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What will come after Islam?
     OP - February 24, 2010, 05:40 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but according to Islam, wasn't the reason god sent so many prophets that the message they conveyed was being "corrrupted" all the time?

If I am not wrong, then I assume the reason Jesus was sent to earth was that judaism had failed/become corrupted. Likewise happened when Christianity became corrupted, god introduced us to Islam.

But now that Islam has become corrupted, and I think we can all agree on this, even the muslims do. I think its safe to say that Islam is so misunderstood and misinterpreted these days, that only a marginal portion of the muslims are following the true (whatever those may be, as many muslims seem to disagree on that) teachings of Islam (even according to muslims). When even the believers are unable to follow the teachings of Islam, then certainly the unbelievers will have a difficult time coming to grips with, and eventually embracing the religion. Hence why the majority of worlds population are non muslims, and have been so for a long time.

Anyway, now that Islam has clearly failed, or been an epic fail for god, what comes next? Does god have a plan, or is he going to leave the human beings to figure out of shit all by themselves all of a sudden?

English is not my first language, so I apologise for any grammatical and/or spelling mistakes I might have made.
  • Re: What comes after Islam?
     Reply #1 - February 24, 2010, 06:08 PM

Nothing bro, as time goes on religion will continue to lose its grip on peoples lives and minds. Atheism/humanism is the future, hopefully.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #2 - February 24, 2010, 06:13 PM

Nothing bro, as time goes on religion will continue to lose its grip on peoples lives and minds. Atheism/humanism is the future, hopefully.

Unfortunately I don't share your optimism.  People have this uncanny ability to turn concepts and stuff into religions, even if those concepts are initially noble or the product of reason. 

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #3 - February 24, 2010, 06:15 PM

Unfortunately I don't share your optimism.  People have this uncanny ability to turn concepts and stuff into religions, even if those concepts are initially noble or the product of reason.  

Ye true. Well I hope at least people in general just become less religious.

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #4 - February 24, 2010, 06:21 PM

Ye true. Well I hope at least people in general just become less religious.

What I hope for is that people keep an open mind and pander less to ideologies and agendas.  But I'm quite doubtful that our human nature would allow such a thing.  At least for the foreseeable future.  Belief in something is quite fine, we all need to have a belief in something but things start getting ugly when 'sacred cows', militancy and heresies start appearing....

"Modern man's great illusion has been to convince himself that of all that has gone before he represents the zenith of human accomplishment, but can't summon the mental powers to read anything more demanding than emoticons. Fascinating. "

One very horny Turk I met on the net.
     Reply #5 - February 24, 2010, 06:37 PM

What I hope for is that people keep an open mind and pander less to ideologies and agendas.  But I'm quite doubtful that our human nature would allow such a thing.  At least for the foreseeable future.  Belief in something is quite fine, we all need to have a belief in something but things start getting ugly when 'sacred cows', militancy and heresies start appearing....

Well I believe humanism is a more coherent and ethical philosophy than anything religion provides and I think it will help humans leave such stupid ideolgies, which has become a crutch for people to hold on to for comfort. The reality hurts some people but I think humanism provides that optimism for people to evolve to their full potential.

Reply #6 - February 24, 2010, 07:28 PM

After Islam we will be served ice-cream.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Re: What will come after Islam?
     Reply #7 - February 24, 2010, 08:18 PM

Sorry, I meant to say "What will come after Islam?" I also am curious to know how muslims defend Islam being such a huge failure on God's part.
     Reply #8 - February 24, 2010, 08:21 PM

Religions were always brought about to control hedonism.  Islam was the final message from God.  So after it there can be no interference from God.

Just uncontrolled and unadulterated pure hedonism  dance

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #9 - February 24, 2010, 08:30 PM

I think you are onto something there. Given how many secular nations have prosperous and peaceful societies, especially when compared to the religious ones, god finally realised that mankind is better off without his assistance. Now if only the religious people could get with the program.

The message from god this time around, is no message. That makes perfect sense, in this scenario, where even god's final and true message became corrupted. Actually it fucked up even worse than the previous ones.
     Reply #10 - February 24, 2010, 10:18 PM

In a global community a massive religion spread is hard unless its something like the simple bhai / Buddhist philosophies. New belief systems still do form and evolve in very rurual communities. but thanks to the internet and youtube the chances of any religion spreading like the 3 great monotheistic religions spread is 1/infinity.

Makes u think if Mo could have made up islam in this day and age and been successful?

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #11 - February 24, 2010, 10:22 PM

Religions were always brought about to control hedonism.  Islam was the final message from God.  So after it there can be no interference from God.

Just uncontrolled and unadulterated pure hedonism  dance

Agreed. Our lives are gna be sweet.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »