Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
Today at 08:47 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 03:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 04:08 AM

New Britain
June 02, 2024, 05:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 02:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 03:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 08:51 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Double Mind

(Read 16667 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Double Mind
     Reply #90 - April 01, 2010, 12:38 PM

''I am not saying you are not peaceful, or that you cant be peaceful as a muslim.

What I am saying that that bit comes from being human, not from being a true Muslim.

Its an aggressive ideology on an imperialist mission - that should be pretty obvious to anyone who is being objective.

Islam would probably have not got that far beyond Mecca has it been a peaceful loving hippy style movement.''

ok the enlightened one, whatever you say.

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #91 - April 01, 2010, 12:46 PM

ok, but  please do let me know about this..

Apply the context of the Quran to the Quran, rather than anything else.  How many times have you read the translation of the quran cover to cover?  Have you done it recently, if not I highly recommend it because you seem to think that I am completely out of the park on this one. 

I dont think it takes a huge leap of imagination to understand the language of the quran.  For the most part its retributive, vindictive and ugly.  Just read any random 20 pages of the quran and see what % fits the mould as I just described.

P.S  As a point of interest and as a Quran only, are you going to make your son read the quran in Arabic or English first when he is 5-10 years old?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #92 - April 01, 2010, 12:51 PM

I do apply the context of the Quran to the Quran when I read it. I've lost count of the number of times I've read it in English - but probably around 10 times, and yes I have done so recently. I'll encourage my son to read both the Arabic and English at the same time.

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #93 - April 01, 2010, 02:00 PM

Aslam, have you left islam fully then or do you still call yourself a muslim?

I call myself a doubting Muslim.
     Reply #94 - April 01, 2010, 02:03 PM

What does 786 mean to you Aslam?

I take it to mean Bismillah.
     Reply #95 - April 01, 2010, 02:04 PM

Thanks for making me feel really welcome, bros. Irrespective or whether I eventually quit Islam or not, this forum has improved the lot of apostates of Islam in my eyes. I have already found answers to some of my questions which were unanswered so far.

Such as?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #96 - April 01, 2010, 02:16 PM

How long have you been harbouring doubts for Aslam?  Do you know any other Muslims in India who share the same doubts as you -  If not, why do you think you are different?

I don't know. When I think of it now, it seems that the doubts have been there for long albeit hidden and obscure. In my friend circle, there are many who share the doubts but we refrain from expressing them openly. It is not because we sense any danger, but simply because doubts are frowned upon by others.
     Reply #97 - April 01, 2010, 02:27 PM

Such as?

Please don't laugh at the silliness of it, but I realised it only at this forum that it is possible to not remain a Muslim while continuing to believe in God. I used to ask myself if it was possible to be at peace after I lose all my belief in Islam. After coming to this forum, I can see that it is possible. I used to think that the apostates after quitting Islam become enemies to the Muslim brethren. But now I see that it is not like that. I used to think that I would feel all alone in the world if I quit. And so on...
     Reply #98 - April 01, 2010, 02:42 PM

I used to think that the apostates after quitting Islam become enemies to the Muslim brethren.

Most religious zealots have this kind of "us vs. them" mentality.

Is either you are with "us" or you are with "them". There is no spirituality in it. Just politics.

This is exactly why I dislike religions so much. They tend to foster this anti-humanistic stance.

How about being a human being first and foremost? And think of all humanity as if they are your sisters and brothers?

Reply #99 - April 01, 2010, 03:28 PM

Please don't laugh at the silliness of it, but I realised it only at this forum that it is possible to not remain a Muslim while continuing to believe in God. I used to ask myself if it was possible to be at peace after I lose all my belief in Islam. After coming to this forum, I can see that it is possible. I used to think that the apostates after quitting Islam become enemies to the Muslim brethren. But now I see that it is not like that. I used to think that I would feel all alone in the world if I quit. And so on...

No, I wont laugh, in fact I think most of us totally get what you saying.  Dont forget most of us have already been there Wink

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #100 - April 01, 2010, 04:25 PM

Religion is man-made bullshit - but I'm open to the possibility of a God.
  • Previous page 1 2 3 4« Previous thread | Next thread »