Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Gaza assault
by zeca
June 30, 2024, 10:43 PM

France Muslims were in d...
June 30, 2024, 08:06 PM

New Britain
June 26, 2024, 07:57 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
June 26, 2024, 11:07 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 26, 2024, 03:53 AM

Eid Al-Adha
by akay
June 26, 2024, 03:50 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 24, 2024, 02:38 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
June 24, 2024, 07:45 AM

Qur'anic studies today
June 20, 2024, 06:24 PM

Marcion and the introduct...
by zeca
June 17, 2024, 03:58 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
June 17, 2024, 01:00 PM

Jesus mythicism
by zeca
June 15, 2024, 10:14 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: (Yet another) ex-revert...

(Read 13450 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • (Yet another) ex-revert...
     OP - April 06, 2010, 08:44 PM

Hi,

I went through the islamo-spin-cycle a few years ago as a young 'revert'. Studying at seminary, giving speeches at events, doing 'dawah'; the whole nine yards. Not long after meeting a nice muslimah with the intention of marriage I began experiencing doubts. We went ahead and got married, and following a short stint of pretending everything was fine we sat down to have a frank conversation about the situation and I was reassured to find she also had her doubts. Neither of us were going to leave the other for becoming an apostate, so we mutually agreed to take the red pill wherever that might lead. Wink

Fast forward a few years and things are better than ever (and still with my partner, minus the allah-shaped third wheel in our relationship) emancipated from constant background anxiety and guilt that my old imaginary pal might think less of me for failing to observe some inane 7th century doctrine.

I'm here because I feel that an individual who changes their mind about a particular set of beliefs shouldn't have to suffer social stigma, let alone live in fear. The fact is that many of those who may want to change their mind with regards to islam face a myriad of problems, many of which need not be tolerated in a free society. I also see challenging the taboo of apostasy in islam as an important step towards secularising muslims in general.

I could go on, but I'm sure anyone still reading is probably hoping I'll stop waffling. See you around! Tongue

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
  • Re: (Yet another) ex-revert...
     Reply #1 - April 06, 2010, 08:46 PM

signwelcome

Really happy to hear you two stuck by each other and 'survived' Islam!

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #2 - April 06, 2010, 08:52 PM

Welcome, thinkfree. What a nice story, you two are lucky to have each other Smiley

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #3 - April 06, 2010, 08:57 PM

Welcome!

The red pill has served well. Smiley

Pariah

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #4 - April 06, 2010, 08:59 PM

Welcome thinkfree! Nice introduction. I'm glad everything worked out well for both of you. yes

Are you agnostics now?

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #5 - April 06, 2010, 09:03 PM

Cool story thinkfree.

Reply #6 - April 06, 2010, 09:06 PM

Welcome! Glad your marriage worked out! Feel free to expound as much as you want in this thread Smiley

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #7 - April 06, 2010, 09:07 PM

Cool stuff. Welcome to the forum. Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - April 06, 2010, 09:24 PM

Hello mate, welcome  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #9 - April 06, 2010, 09:30 PM

Interesting story.  Wink
    Welcome to the site.

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #10 - April 06, 2010, 09:37 PM

Thanks for all your replies!

The red pill has served well. Smiley

How did I know you'd be lurking here, troublemaker? Tongue

Are you agnostics now?

I'd place myself somewhere in the space between weak and strong atheism. Pariah on the other hand has actively deicidal tendencies.  Headsman

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
     Reply #11 - April 06, 2010, 09:57 PM

Hi Thinkfree - welcome Smiley
     Reply #12 - April 06, 2010, 10:06 PM

Did you know that your lady has been here for a while? Smiley

German ex-Muslim forumMy YouTubeList of Ex-Muslims
    Wikis: en de fr ar tr
    CEMB-Chat
    I'm on an indefinite break...
     Reply #13 - April 06, 2010, 10:35 PM

Welcome Thinkfree.   Smiley

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #14 - April 06, 2010, 10:38 PM

Hello and welcome...

And here's your customary dancing rabbit:  bunny
     Reply #15 - April 06, 2010, 10:40 PM

Great story. Hope you stick around. Wink

"The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves."
     Reply #16 - April 06, 2010, 10:52 PM

Welcome thinkfree.  You're very lucky that your wife also had the same doubts.  What were the chances of that eh!?

I also very much agree with breaking the taboo of questioning Islam.  These kinda discussions need to be had not just on the internet, but on the street and in the mosque!

Reply #17 - April 07, 2010, 12:03 AM

ok mm what's a red pill...  Huh?
    and
     victory
    welcome!...
     Reply #18 - April 07, 2010, 12:04 AM

ok mm what's a red pill...  Huh?
    and
     victory
    welcome!...

Never seen the Matrix, Nesrin?
     Reply #19 - April 07, 2010, 12:07 AM

oh it's a movie thing... ok i don't feel so bad now..
    naw movies like the matrix don't do it for me..
     Afro thanks Hassan!
     Reply #20 - April 07, 2010, 12:10 AM

oh it's a movie thing... ok i don't feel so bad now..
    naw movies like the matrix don't do it for me..
     Afro thanks Hassan!

Red pill is waking up to reality. Blue pill is settling for comforting illusions. Smiley

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #21 - April 07, 2010, 02:27 AM

I would have so picked the blue pill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyTBHdsEPjc

Cheesy

Iblis has mad debaterin' skillz. Best not step up unless you're prepared to recieve da pain.

Reply #22 - April 07, 2010, 07:48 AM

Welcome to the forum Thinkfree.
     Reply #23 - April 07, 2010, 07:52 AM

Hi,

I went through the islamo-spin-cycle a few years ago as a young 'revert'. Studying at seminary, giving speeches at events, doing 'dawah'; the whole nine yards. Not long after meeting a nice muslimah with the intention of marriage I began experiencing doubts. We went ahead and got married, and following a short stint of pretending everything was fine we sat down to have a frank conversation about the situation and I was reassured to find she also had her doubts. Neither of us were going to leave the other for becoming an apostate, so we mutually agreed to take the red pill wherever that might lead. Wink

Fast forward a few years and things are better than ever (and still with my partner, minus the allah-shaped third wheel in our relationship) emancipated from constant background anxiety and guilt that my old imaginary pal might think less of me for failing to observe some inane 7th century doctrine.

I'm here because I feel that an individual who changes their mind about a particular set of beliefs shouldn't have to suffer social stigma, let alone live in fear. The fact is that many of those who may want to change their mind with regards to islam face a myriad of problems, many of which need not be tolerated in a free society. I also see challenging the taboo of apostasy in islam as an important step towards secularising muslims in general.

I could go on, but I'm sure anyone still reading is probably hoping I'll stop waffling. See you around! Tongue

so tell us how you found us & where you're from?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #24 - April 07, 2010, 08:39 AM

Greetings and salutations, thinkfree!   Greetings

You are very lucky that your missus had the same doubts as you.  Unfortuantely for me, I realized that once I had come to the conclusion that Islam was NOT the truth it pretty much spelt the end of my marriage to my lovely, but VERY Muslim husband.  I just couldn't keep up the pretense anymore myself.

Look forward to your posts.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #25 - April 07, 2010, 04:37 PM

so tell us how you found us & where you're from?

IsLame, don't take it personal. But do you have an OCD for asking people to post their stories and how they found the forum?

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #26 - April 07, 2010, 04:38 PM

Cheesy

Naw man, Islame just likes to get to know every new member. I think thats the great thing about CEMB.  Afro

Reply #27 - April 07, 2010, 04:39 PM

IsLame, don't take it personal. But do you have an OCD for asking people to post their stories and how they found the forum?

Cheesy

Reply #28 - April 07, 2010, 04:40 PM

Cheesy

Naw man, Islame just likes to get to know every new member. I think thats the great thing about CEMB.  Afro

Yep! We like see the human behind the screen name.
     Reply #29 - April 07, 2010, 06:23 PM

You know what, ive been waiting fo someone to raise why i always ask the same question.  Surprised it took this long !

I think its interesting and also informative and useful to know how people found out about the site. Businesses interested in growth spend millions on doing customer research.  Here we can do it by typing a few characters.  So if you want me to stop repeating the same question, someone else should beat me to it  Tongue

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »