Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What music are you listen...
by zeca
Yesterday at 02:38 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 07:45 AM

France Muslims were in d...
June 23, 2024, 09:58 PM

Eid Al-Adha
June 22, 2024, 09:51 PM

Qur'anic studies today
June 20, 2024, 06:24 PM

Marcion and the introduct...
by zeca
June 17, 2024, 03:58 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
June 17, 2024, 01:00 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
June 17, 2024, 11:14 AM

Jesus mythicism
by zeca
June 15, 2024, 10:14 AM

BBC Documentary: Searchin...
by zeca
June 13, 2024, 12:55 PM

New Britain
June 10, 2024, 09:25 PM

What happens in these day...
by akay
June 08, 2024, 12:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: My introduction

(Read 7428 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • My introduction
     OP - April 08, 2010, 03:53 PM

Hello there dear readers,

I normally do not do introduction threads on a public forum, and some of you may be somewhat disillusioned regarding this thread. I do have unambiguous reasons for not wanting to relate personal information, such as my political views, philosophy and religious beliefs (or lack of thereof) I remain absolutely impartial for the sake of civil discourse on those issues and I will also remain ambiguous (as I see fit) on annotations of a personal nature which are address to me, and I hope that the rest of the members respect my position, there will be no exceptions, and I can’t accentuate that adequately.

Below is some information I can disclose about me:

I am a male, I am from the United Kingdom I am also heterosexual and I have keenly been browsing the Website for quite a long time and only lately did I decide to sign-up so I might be familiar with some of the members more than expected for new member. My username is ‘JustTheFacts’ and I decided to choose this username for a basis, that being I did not want to expand an internet facade by giving excessive amount of legitimacy to my own opinions. I feel that in a situation where debate is taking place there should be no acceptance given to personal opinions or antidotes, the facts should be presented without being polluted by personal opinions and biasness’s. Notwithstanding I am happy to give my opinion on subjects and issues if requested by members. I want to make it clear that if I give a negative or positive opinion on a subject that does not entail that I support it or oppose it correspondingly.

When one reveals personal information about oneself on an internet forum then this information at times is used by adversaries to assail the person, rather than the argument presented by the person. I am sure you don’t need me to elucidate to you the fallacies of a personal attack.

I make no claim to be infallible and at times I might not follow the above criterion 100% I have been known to make mistakes.

JustTheFacts.
  • Re: My introduction
     Reply #1 - April 08, 2010, 05:52 PM

Welcome to the forum finally!  Great that you did, but I wonder why it took you so long?

I agree divulging personal information is not a good thing, but I find being a little more open allows for a richer 'social' experience on a forum where all you see in a monitor screen.

So where do you put yourself ideologically & philosophically -  Are you an ex-muslim, ex-theist, atheist, humanist?  And dont forgot to get yourself an avatar.

Fasten your seatbelts, and watch your free time be slowly sucked away  Wink

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #2 - April 08, 2010, 05:57 PM

Thank you for the welcome.

So where do you put yourself ideologically & philosophically -  Are you an ex-muslim, ex-theist, atheist, humanist?

No comment. But I have a question for you, why did you not add Muslim? As that would be common to such a forum no?

Fasten your seatbelts, and watch your free time be slowly sucked away

I am looking forward to that.
     Reply #3 - April 08, 2010, 06:00 PM

understood and respected..
    you have to love a great mystery..

just the facts..
    reminded me of the movie when bruce willis says to the lady hitting on him.. with a smile. just the fax mam.. just the fax...

ok i'm getting a bit carried away..
    hiya and welcome.. victory

Reply #4 - April 08, 2010, 06:04 PM

understood and respected..
    you have to love a great mystery..

just the facts..
    reminded me of the movie when bruce willis says to the lady hitting on him.. with a smile. just the fax mam.. just the fax...

Bruce Willis (as John Mcclane) in Die Hard 2: Die Harder to a woman working at the airport, when he is using her fax machine to fax fingerprints of a terrorist he killed in the luggage department of the airport. 

ok i'm getting a bit carried away..
    hiya and welcome.. victory

Thank you. Can I just say I love your poetry. It is very well expressed, can we do a collaboration sometime if you do not mind?
     Reply #5 - April 08, 2010, 06:08 PM

aww sure you can say that over and over and over .. thank you very much.. it really means alot when people actually listen to them..
    i don't mind not at all.. as long as the message is something i agree with..
     Reply #6 - April 08, 2010, 06:14 PM

aww sure you can say that over and over and over .. thank you very much.. it really means alot when people actually listen to them..
    i don't mind not at all.. as long as the message is something i agree with..

That is not a problem you would have to babysit me through it. I am actually inspired by some of your work the interconnections of the words is something very appealing to me, and I think women have an apt ability at doing that.

Do you have Synesthesia by any chance? You don't have to answer this question if you don't want to.
     Reply #7 - April 08, 2010, 06:17 PM

no.. remarkable how their minds work.. but no..
     Reply #8 - April 08, 2010, 06:40 PM

Welcome to the forums JTF  far away hug

So are you a Muslim then? Hope you enjoy it here whatever your beliefs!  Afro

Reply #9 - April 08, 2010, 06:44 PM

No comment. But I have a question for you, why did you not add Muslim? As that would be common to such a forum no?

I dont think we're gonna get on, but welcome you before it all goes pear-shaped   Cheesy

If you really want to know, the reason I did not add muslim was because I thought you were one and thought you would pull me up on it if you were.  But of course I could be wrong  Afro

So could you at least tell us why you were prompted to join today, out of the 700 or so days you have been visiting the forum?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #10 - April 08, 2010, 06:55 PM

Just for clarification Islame I don't want to go into if I am a Muslim or not. I don't deny or claim to be a Muslim. The reason I did not sign up was that I was afraid of criticism. I can post alot of information on a variety of things like cooking styles, automobiles, inventions, faiths and practices, marriages or even the financial measures of a household both American  Paki or Indian. I just get scared of criticism. That is all really.
     Reply #11 - April 08, 2010, 06:57 PM

I just get scared of criticism.

Says a lot about you.

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #12 - April 08, 2010, 07:00 PM

I just get scared of criticism. That is all really.

I can see where you are coming from.  But criticism is something nobody likes, but is critical for self-improvement.  And thats something everybody likes.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #13 - April 08, 2010, 07:01 PM

or even the financial measures of a household both American  Paki or Indian. I just get scared of criticism. That is all really.

"Paki"

Roll Eyes

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #14 - April 08, 2010, 07:06 PM

"Paki"

Roll Eyes

Cheesy

"In every time and culture there are pressures to conform to the prevailing prejudices. But there are also, in every place and epoch, those who value the truth; who record the evidence faithfully. Future generations are in their debt." -Carl Sagan

Reply #15 - April 08, 2010, 07:09 PM

JTF I promise not to call you "Paki"

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #16 - April 08, 2010, 07:09 PM

"Paki"

Roll Eyes

I think that term is generally only offensive in Britain.
     Reply #17 - April 08, 2010, 07:12 PM

Oh so you are above criticism, is that it? You can criticize anyone, but nobody needs to know anything about you because you are afraid of criticism? What makes you think you are so "objective"?

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #18 - April 08, 2010, 07:12 PM

Its offensive in Canada too but pakis can call themselves pakis. Since JTF seems to be a non-offensive type I think he is a Paki..stani.

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." -- Mike Tyson
     Reply #19 - April 08, 2010, 07:13 PM

Oh so you are above criticism, is that it? You can criticize anyone, but nobody needs to know anything about you because you are afraid of criticism? What makes you think you are so "objective"?

Good question.

I think you should address it mate.

God is Love.

Reply #20 - April 08, 2010, 07:19 PM

The reason why I used "Paki" was that I have seen it being used around here I was not trying to offend anyone.

Oh so you are above criticism, is that it?

No, you are putting words into my mouth. I said I was afraid of it. 

You can criticize anyone, but nobody needs to know anything about you because you are afraid of criticism? What makes you think you are so "objective"?

I try to be as objective as possible.
     Reply #21 - April 08, 2010, 07:21 PM

The reason why I used "Paki" was that I have seen it being used around here I was not trying to offend anyone

Really? I don't remember seeing anyone using it here, certainly not with any frequency.

If it gets used, it tends to get frowned upon. It doesn't take much to understand that this is a loaded word and if its used by someone, even if they are of Pakistani origin, it is only used ironically. This isn't the kind of place where that term gets thrown around a lot.

God is Love.

Reply #22 - April 08, 2010, 07:21 PM

Okay, I'll make sure that everytime you put words into anyone else's mouth, it is pointed out "JustTheFacts".

And you didn't answer this question, why do you feel that you should be allowed to criticize anyone here, but you would rather not let anyone know who you really are? What are you hiding?

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #23 - April 08, 2010, 07:25 PM

Really? I don't remember seeing anyone using it here, certainly not with any frequency.

If it gets used, it tends to get frowned upon. It doesn't take much to understand that this is a loaded word and if its used by someone, even if they are of Pakistani origin, it is only used ironically. This isn't the kind of place where that term gets thrown around a lot.

I can only apologize for that. I should have been more careful. 
     Reply #24 - April 08, 2010, 07:30 PM

Okay, I'll make sure that everytime you put words into anyone else's mouth, it is pointed out "JustTheFacts".

And you didn't answer this question, why do you feel that you should be allowed to criticize anyone here, but you would rather not let anyone know who you really are? What are you hiding?

I am not hiding anything. Stories about ones personal life can easily be concocted on an internet forum, I just choose not to relate personal information about myself, I do not think it improves the debate, and as I stated it gives opponents ammunition to attack you personally then to attack your arguments.

As you can see, me not stating who I am has already become fuel for you to attack me with. And this is the sort of thing I want to avoid.    
     Reply #25 - April 08, 2010, 07:32 PM

Not off to a very good start, considering the time you took to join.

And another thing..

So could you at least tell us why you were prompted to join today, out of the 700 or so days you have been visiting the forum?

popcorn

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #26 - April 08, 2010, 07:33 PM

No. Your acting holier than thou while using a shady account as soon as things got heated up around here is what's causing people to be suspicious of you.

Everyone here shares some personal info. The fact that you are hiding behind a veneer of anonymity, while still thinking you have the luxury of criticizing others, this double standard of yours is very interesting to the mods and to other members here who actually are a lot more open than you think you are being.

By hiding yourself, and making a big deal of staying hidden, you're telling us plenty about yourself.

Reply #27 - April 08, 2010, 07:37 PM

As you can see, me not stating who I am has already become fuel for you to attack me with. And this is the sort of thing I want to avoid.    

It's the 'I am scared of criticism' bit that got people critical. How ironic.

I am not interested in who you are or what you believe, it's your choice to say it or conceal it.
    I would prefer if other members stopped questioning and see where this takes us.
    Just take note that saying you are 'scared of criticism' won't make us refrain from it if your arguments/opinions are begging for it.

Reply #28 - April 08, 2010, 07:38 PM

Is it just me that finds it ironic that you say you dont like criticism, but thats all you have done since you've been here.

First lesson, dont treat others like you dont want to be treated.

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #29 - April 08, 2010, 07:41 PM

No. Your acting holier than thou while using a shady account as soon as things got heated up around here is what's causing people to be suspicious of you.

Everyone here shares some personal info. The fact that you are hiding behind a veneer of anonymity, while still thinking you have the luxury of criticizing others, this double standard of yours is very interesting to the mods and to other members here who actually are a lot more open than you think you are being.

By hiding yourself, and making a big deal of staying hidden, you're telling us plenty about yourself.

Well I can't do anything about your paranoia.
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »