Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 03:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 04:08 AM

New Britain
June 02, 2024, 05:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 02:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 03:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 08:51 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Where is evil coming from as per Quran ?

(Read 6744 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Where is evil coming from as per Quran ?
     OP - April 03, 2011, 04:12 PM

Wherever you may be, death will overtake you, even if you should be within towers of lofty construction. But if good comes to them, they say, "This is from Allah "; and if evil befalls them, they say, "This is from you." Say, "All [things] are from Allah ." So what is [the matter] with those people that they can hardly understand any statement?

http://quran.com/4/78

What comes to you of good is from Allah , but what comes to you of evil, [O man], is from yourself. And We have sent you, [O Muhammad], to the people as a messenger, and sufficient is Allah as Witness.

http://quran.com/4/79

4.78 says that all things are from Allah, that must mean that even evil is from Allah, but the following verse says evil is from Man.

Eh, how is this to be explained  Huh? Debunker ?

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
  • Re: Where is evil coming from as per Quran ?
     Reply #1 - April 03, 2011, 04:18 PM

I don't know. it does sound like a contradiction. The first verse is consistent with one of the main themes of the Quran, the second one isn't. I'll look it up.

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #2 - April 03, 2011, 04:21 PM

Quran 4.78
    Quran 4.79

Where is evil in Quran??  .. That a good thread dear Paloma., explore  more of such  statements from Quran. And this link http://quran.com/ i read quite often is a great resource to read comparative translation of Quran

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - April 03, 2011, 04:21 PM

Are these two consecutive verses?

A googolplex is *precisely* as far from infinity as is the number 1.--Carl Sagan
     Reply #4 - April 03, 2011, 04:23 PM

Are these two consecutive verses?

Hu! what kind of question is that Burkh head..

it says Quran 4.78  Quran 4.79, they must be consecutive verses

Reply #5 - April 03, 2011, 04:29 PM

@ Paloma

Ok, so the 2 verses are indeed consecutive. In the first one God tells the hypocrites that good and evil are created by God, and Muhammed has no control on whatever (good or) evil that befalls them. In the next verse, God tells the prophet that whatever good comes his way is from God, and whatever evil befalls him it's because of his actions (but ultimately, as per the first verse, all is from God).

Reply #6 - April 03, 2011, 04:29 PM

Hu! what kind of question is that Burkh head..

it says Quran 4.78  Quran 4.79, they must be consecutive verses

please yeezevee go trash some other thread.

Reply #7 - April 03, 2011, 04:35 PM

Please, Yeezee - if you have nothing to say, say nothing. Why do you incessantly gate-crash threads with babble that adds nothing to the discussion?
     Reply #8 - April 03, 2011, 04:36 PM

Afro

Reply #9 - April 03, 2011, 04:39 PM

Debunker, I was going to look up the verses in the tafseers, but tbh their babble is second only to Yeezees, and just can't be bothered, but if you feel inclined you can look up what they say here:

http://quran.al-islam.com/Loader.aspx?pageid=215

and

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMadhNo=0&tTafsirNo=0&tSoraNo=1&tAyahNo=1&tDisplay=no&LanguageID=1
     Reply #10 - April 03, 2011, 04:41 PM

oh i given up on tafsir ages ago.

Reply #11 - April 03, 2011, 04:46 PM

@ Paloma

Ok, so the 2 verses are indeed consecutive. In the first one God tells the hypocrites that good and evil are created by God, and Muhammed has no control on whatever (good or) evil that befalls them. In the next verse, God tells the prophet that whatever good comes his way is from God, and whatever evil befalls him it's because of his actions (but ultimately, as per the first verse, all is from God).

To explain further, good bestowed upon men, is out of God's grace, not because we "deserve" it, not even the prophet "derserves" the good bestowed upon him from God. 

Reply #12 - April 03, 2011, 04:54 PM

This verse also explains it further:

SHAKIR: And whatever affliction befalls you, it is on account of what your hands have wrought, and (yet) He pardons most (of your faults).

In other words, no matter what we do, we are always at fault, yet God fogives most of our sins, and the good bestowed upon us, is out of His grace, never because we deserve it.

Reply #13 - April 03, 2011, 05:26 PM

Debunker,  what do you think about (asbab ennozool)? History behind revealed verses?

"Tomorrow is the today you were worried about yesterday" Unknown
     Reply #14 - April 03, 2011, 05:42 PM

@ Paloma

That's a two option answer. in their case( the hypocrites) which i will mirror in  a personal yet made up example :
    1- A parent dies in a plane crash. these verses would Say this is Allah's will.
    2-I get fired and lose my income. The verses imply it is my actions.
     So when does either apply?( unless its convenient to apply it as per The logic of " stripping one self from responsibility)

Because it ultimately not logical to say , your parent died because of your actions( given normal circumstances)
    But it could be my fault to disregard the pilots part in the picture and label it God's will without further confrontation. Why shun away from having a finger pointed at you (even if you think it's not deserved, did he not believe enough to engage them in a conversation in regards to how important this war is ?)
    Basically, i think the hypocrites are scolded for what would be considered a very normal reaction if applied in our daily life ( if one extracts the image of holy war=thereby excusing the prophets silence on the subject and lack of remorse in this situation ( if in fact he did not have another response but the stated above vibe as "per God's instruction"- i haven't checked on it )

Please tell me that was clear  questions2

Reply #15 - April 03, 2011, 05:44 PM

Debunker,  what do you think about (asbab ennozool)? History behind revealed verses?

Mostly lies, and elaborate speculations...

Reply #16 - April 03, 2011, 05:47 PM

^ah, So you don't connect this verse these verses to God's take on some hypocrites responses towards the death of loved ones after a war?

Reply #17 - April 03, 2011, 05:50 PM

That's a two option answer. in their case which i will give a personal yet made up example on:
    1- A parent dies in a plane crash. these verses would Say this is Allah's will.
    2-I get fired and lose my income. The verses imply it is my actions. So when does either apply unless its convenient to apply it as per This logic of " stripping one self from responsibility even if imposed.
    Because it ultimately not logical to say , your parent died because of your actions( given normal circumstances)
    But it could be my fault to disregard the pilots part in the picture and label it God's will without further confrontation.
    Basically, i think the hypocrites are scolded for what would be considered a very normal reaction if applied in our daily life ( if one extracts the image of holy war=thereby excusing the prophets silence on the subject and lack of remorse in this situation ( if infact he did not have a nother response but the stated above vibe as per God's instruction)

Please tell me that was clear  questions2

the verses are saying that ultimately everything comes from God (so don't you blame your prophet you idiots -- the hypocrites). Plus, the verses are also saying that no one "deserves" good from God... we are all sinners, even the prophet.

Reply #18 - April 03, 2011, 05:52 PM

^ah, So you don't connect this verse these verses to God's take on some hypocrites responses towards the death of loved ones after a war?

be more specific.. you know I have a communication problem with you.

Reply #19 - April 03, 2011, 06:04 PM

the verses are saying that ultimately everything comes from God (so don't you blame your prophet you idiots -- the hypocrites). Plus, the verses are also saying that no one "deserves" good from God... we are all sinners, even the prophet.

lol@ idiot hypocrites. labels and labeling is extremely cold- even for me. I prefer to analyze an aspect of a personality even within history.
    I'll need to ask you something before i call any further discussion pointless regarding this thread.
    Do you think hypocrites of that time. Meaning muslims by name , not purely muslim by heart/word/and actions were all bad people?

be more specific.. you know I have a communication problem with you.

Sadly, yes...I tend to skip introduction to my point.
    I wondered if you agreed with this verse being revealed after the "hypocrites" said , "If our loved ones who died were with us and not fighting , they would still be alive"

Reply #20 - April 03, 2011, 06:28 PM

please yeezevee go trash some other thread.

debunker., I actually don't like to cross you and cut your logic in to pieces and throw in to trash., but you don't give me  chance  to keep shut and not  to write against  your words with posts like these.,  . See this

What is the big deal  about Quran saying "everything comes from God"?? Every religion before the birth of Muhammad said that. Please realize those words are  not something new which was unknown  to other religious groups.  

But here is the problem from you  " You Idiots and Hypocrits Don't you balme your Porphets"  You are so angry at your self, you are misspelling words like Hypocrits, balme, Porphets

Off course I blame those prophets who use the so called revelation to their Sexual/economical/political  needs.. These guys are/were nothing but CULT characters and their followers are fools. So you got to learn to differentiate good one from bad one..  

Reply #21 - April 03, 2011, 06:35 PM

@ mufa

lol@ idiot hypocrites. labels and labeling is extremely cold- even for me. I prefer to analyze an aspect of a personality even within history.
    I'll need to ask you something before i call any further discussion pointless regarding this thread.

I was merely referring to the highlishted part of the verse.
    Wherever you may be, death will overtake you, even if you should be within towers of lofty construction. But if good comes to them, they say, "This is from Allah "; and if evil befalls them, they say, "This is from you." Say, "All [things] are from Allah ." So what is [the matter] with those people that they can hardly understand any statement?

Do you think hypocrites of that time. Meaning muslims by name , not purely muslim by heart/word/and actions were all bad people?

yes, i know what the Qurnic hypocrites mean, and no they weren't just hiding their disbelief, they wished the Muslims ill, so yeah they were all bad people. that's as far as the human aspect of their badness is concerned. As far as their disbelief per se is concerned, that's between them and God.

I wondered if you agreed with this verse being revealed after the "hypocrites" said , "If our loved ones who died were with us and not fighting , they would still be alive"

yes, the 2 verses said: "even if there was no war, they would have died anyway becasue their time has come, so don't blame your prophet, it's all from God, you idiots. Plus, regarding the question of good and evil, no one "deserves" good, not even the prophet, God's grace is why anyone gets any good in their life at all".

Reply #22 - April 03, 2011, 06:38 PM

debunker.,

i hate yezvee  banghead

i loathe yezvee  banghead

i despise yezvee  banghead

i curse yezvee  banghead

i %#$%^^#$$^$%#^ yezvee!!  banghead

Reply #23 - April 04, 2011, 05:16 PM

i hate yezvee  banghead

i curse yezvee  banghead

Cool down debunker., I am fairly confident that  you are going to debunk Quran.  so you wrote,

the verses are saying that ultimately everything comes from God (so don't you blame your prophet you idiots -- the

That is all good ., O.K  That verse
    4.79: What comes to you of good is from Allah ..

saying ultimately everything comes from God .. Good   verse.

Now what does this verse says
    003.065: O followers of the Book! why do you dispute about Ibrahim, when the Taurat and the Injeel were not revealed till after him; do you not then understand?

You know who the followers of the book  are., but what do they dispute about Ibrahim??
     I don't see any dispute between Jews and Christians on "Ibrahim" in OT -NT verses?

Reply #24 - April 04, 2011, 05:23 PM

i hate yezvee  banghead

i curse yezvee  banghead

Islam - the religion of peace.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #25 - April 04, 2011, 07:00 PM

^ LOL, We know the curse won't work.

@ Debunker

I was merely referring to the highlighted part of the verse.

This verse justifies me calling you an idiot, wouldn't it ? since i keep having to clarify myself, but i'm sure you have a different opinion to that?
    What makes anyone an idiot, but the fact that someone else thinks they are one? it's this muslim non muslim mentality imo  which divides, to think non muslims/ hypocrites had difficulty accepting god's nature justifies calling them an idiot is beyond me. if a human did it , i'd understand. we can be impatient. but Allah? the god who ultimately wants Islam to remain as the human default, it's odd. yet muslims /when their form of Islam is "acceptable" get endless mercy & forgiveness from him. it's advertising.

yes, i know what the Qurnic hypocrites mean, and no they weren't just hiding their disbelief, they wished the Muslims ill, so yeah they were all bad people. that's as far as the human aspect of their badness is concerned. As far as their disbelief per se is concerned, that's between them and God.
    yes, the 2 verses said: "even if there was no war, they would have died anyway becasue their time has come, so don't blame your prophet, it's all from God, you idiots. Plus, regarding the question of good and evil, no one "deserves" good, not even the prophet, God's grace is why anyone gets any good in their life at all".

yeah , i'm sure you know what hypocrites mean. I mentioned it for the sake of clarification and if you felt the need to anything to that.

Notice the bolded.

1- Muslims can curse non muslims/ but non muslims can't curse muslims? What's wishing ill for another in the end of a day but a wish and self inflicted torture.
    there aren't many incidents as i am aware of hypocrites actively planning to challenge the prophet's power.but to mention the incidents about his hypocrite companions plotting to take over his power or influence other muslims to view him less intensly and compete with his position. I just wonder if you are capable of Switching the word hypocrites to"people" and wonder if you'd have a different view.

way i see it , mohammed had some of these traits.
    1- cursing those who bluntly don't agree with him amongst his people. you would argue this is God's word though.ie Idiots.
    2- easily threatened ( as the story goes with" his hypocrite companions building a mosque" which the prophet went on interpreting this with the following words " to lead them astray from my pious mosque" and refused the idea.

the above two traits is not uncommon though, I can react that way and i've seen people react that way.(albeit i wouldn't go as far as refusing something without a good unselfish reason. but if your quote applies which is the following "we are all sinners, even the prophet"
    how is the split personality conveyed in these verses  below reasoned?

1-That you (mankind) may believe in Allah and His (Prophetic) Messenger, and may respect him, and honour him, and may glorify Him (Allah) morning and evening. (48:9)

2-Say (O Beloved Prophet): If your fathers, and your sons, and your brothers, and your wives, and your kinsfolk, and the wealth you have acquired, and merchandise for which you fear that there will be no sale, and dwellings you desire, are dearer to you than Allah and His (Prophetic) Messenger and fighting in His Way: then wait till Allah brings His Command to pass, and Allah does not guide the disobedient people. (9:24)
    ^
    Lots of ands. and is used to distinguish between what what comes before and after treating them as separate requirements. (ie get me a pen and paper)

3-O you who believe! Raise not your voices above the voice of the Prophet, nor speak aloud when speaking to him as you shout one to another, lest your deeds become worthless while you perceive not.
    ^
    Speaking to the prophet in a "loudish" voice can nullify a good deed.which is what a muslim supposedly  lives to do.

I gather from your posts you  have thought through your understanding of God within your personal life and it remains a priority for you to tackle his nature when a challenging concept arises from one of the members. That's all well. do you have the same approach towards the prophet whom you are inclined by the quran to put faith towards his intention/sincerity or lack of it when forwarding  "god's message"?

If the prophet was amongst us now, and many believed him to be the prophet of Allah, yet these verses were an order given through his voice claimed to be from Allah, Would you be a follower and accept the standards these verses impose on you  towards him?it's easy noe that he's dead. how  is it possible to believe  that he's a normal man who sins+ at the same time believe it's a right of his to set such standards even by God. for me to imagine that i'd just switch someone i'm inspired by and add the fact that they think they are above everything & everyone in my life to the point of if i speak too loud, my accomplishments might dissolve to nothing?...eventually i'd tell them to fuck off and accept consequences of repression & bad mouthing from the point of authority i'd even go as far as exposing them. I'd be a total hypocrite at those times/ more accurately a kafira. and if you're normal as well , you would be a hypocrite at heart, too  Smiley

So does the prophet have a mixed message?( i am human and inclined to mistakes hence my over reaction/instability is excused, yet i am to be honored and by set standards as per God's instruction) Is this insecure/demanding image of the prophet from god or the prophet himself? would millions of muslims following the prophet be a justified even acceptable idea had it not been stated to do so in the Quran? How can so much faith be put in the quran as a whole ( i understand the idea about accepting god's nature:- god is unknown therefore new information is welcome and weighed to ones perception) But the prophet is a human as millions of us are and millions of us have been and hopefully millions would be) it is expected to make a sound judgment on his character as it is portrayed and consider that judgment of ours for each and every verse we read.

without being Dogmatic of course  grin12

Reply #26 - April 04, 2011, 07:11 PM

^ sorry to anyone who read this. i made a real mess up there ...Fixed now.

Reply #27 - April 04, 2011, 07:20 PM

i hate yezvee  banghead

i curse yezvee  banghead

Reply #28 - April 04, 2011, 07:30 PM

OMFG.

Hitting on the "page number 2" on this thread. I was thinking, what freaking image is L2PK gonna post NOW?  "Sigh"

Reply #29 - April 05, 2011, 12:55 PM

Islam - the religion of peace.

what does that comment have to do with my showing the utter hatred I have for yeezevee?

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »