Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 01:18 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
October 03, 2024, 12:57 PM

New Britain
October 02, 2024, 07:07 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 29, 2024, 07:32 AM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The heart of the EDL army is online, not on the streets

(Read 53782 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 8 ... 20 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The heart of the EDL army is online, not on the streets
     Reply #150 - November 03, 2011, 01:45 PM

What about personal system values? To think that non muslim are the fuel of the hell and Ala puts a veil in our eyes etc to be non muslim and wicked?

And Christians who think we are fuel for the fire are also not "Good Human Beings"?

You see regardless of how offensive you may find the views some people hold - it doesn't mean they are "Bad Human Beings".

As someone said above, to be a believer in religion - especially the Abrahamic ones (over half of humanity) you have to believe some very irrational and barbaric stuff - and means all sorts of mental gymnastics to maintain their humanity - but maintain their humanity they do! At most of them.
     Reply #151 - November 03, 2011, 01:48 PM

What do you mean? It is what it says in the quoran constantly, I have not made it up. If a muslim chooses not to beleive that ok, but it is what it says.

Hell is a particularly obscene belief and it amazes me how so many people can believe in it.

It amazes me that I once did.

But it doesn't mean you are a "Bad Human Being"

Is this getting through to you Mandragoras?
     Reply #152 - November 03, 2011, 01:52 PM

Anjem Chaudhury would be overjoyed that so many non-Muslims fall for this as well as Muslims.

The non Muslims take their cue from these ideas propounded by literalist Islam and those Muslims who believe and prosletyse these ideas.

The only way to deal with this is a pincer movement against both.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #153 - November 03, 2011, 02:09 PM

What do you mean? It is what it says in the quoran constantly, I have not made it up. If a muslim chooses not to beleive that ok, but it is what it says.

Then write a letter to the author. Huh?

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #154 - November 03, 2011, 02:10 PM

And Christians who think we are fuel for the fire are also not "Good Human Beings"?

You see regardless of how offensive you may find the views some people hold - it doesn't mean they are "Bad Human Beings".

As someone said above, to be a believer in religion - especially the Abrahamic ones (over half of humanity) you have to believe some very irrational and barbaric stuff - and means all sorts of mental gymnastics to maintain their humanity - but maintain their humanity they do! At most of them.

I'm not expert in Christianity, but the tenth commanments and the golden rule are not that bad...Who goes to hell in christianity are more what we considered a bad person. Not just the fact that you don't belong in a religion.
     Reply #155 - November 03, 2011, 02:13 PM

Who goes to hell in christianity are more what we considered a bad person.

Classic!  Cheesy

And you think Muslims don't believe that also?
     Reply #156 - November 03, 2011, 02:21 PM

Hell is a particularly obscene belief and it amazes me how so many people can believe in it.

It amazes me that I once did.

But it doesn't mean you are a "Bad Human Being"

Is this getting through to you Mandragoras?

Of course beleiving in hell doesn't make you a bad person. But the fact that in islam I'm going to hell just because I'm not muslim, all my good deeds in this life for Ala are nothing, it's insulting. What a charming god, that creates respect for others isn't it?
     Reply #157 - November 03, 2011, 02:24 PM

Of course beleiving in hell doesn't make you a bad person. But the fact that in islam I'm going to hell just because I'm not muslim, all my good deeds in this life for Ala are nothing, it's insulting. What a charming god, that creates respect for others isn't it?

Of course beleiving in hell doesn't make you a bad person. But the fact that in Christianity I'm going to hell just because I didn't accept Christ, all my good deeds in this life are for are nothing, it's insulting. What a charming god, that creates respect for others isn't it?

Afro
     Reply #158 - November 03, 2011, 02:31 PM

Here's charming video for you. "Don't be caught dead without JESUS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4mZXfRMI0U
     Reply #159 - November 03, 2011, 02:37 PM

Sure, the bible it is exactly the same as the quoran, not. The law of Ala is nothing as the preaching of Jesus Christ in the new testament.
     Reply #160 - November 03, 2011, 02:43 PM

Of course beleiving in hell doesn't make you a bad person. But the fact that in Christianity I'm going to hell just because I didn't accept Christ, all my good deeds in this life are for are nothing, it's insulting. What a charming god, that creates respect for others isn't it?

Afro

Please tell me if you have read the new testament. Without being perfect, if you think the values and language are similar to the quoran...
     Reply #161 - November 03, 2011, 02:45 PM

Mandragoras, the problem is NOT ordinary muslims, it is the ultra-literalist wahhabi/salafi influence that is the problem. The imams that get imported preaching the strict supremacist interpretations are an issue, those that come in trying to preach a peaceful coexistence are not. Sadly the waters are muddied by the intimidating nature of the most extreme literalists, but blaming ALL muslims only serves to push more towards the literalist way of thinking.

I am a proponent of slightly more strict border controls, especially the ability to deport foreign criminals, but I see no reason to go even close to the extremes that the EDL and BNP would take us.

As for the bible, it is just as much a cherry picked book of nonsense as the quran, and whilst it may not be quite so concentrated in it's unpleasantness (there is more neutral "filler" babble in the bible), that does not mean it's a better book in any way, shape or form or worthy of any more respect or influence.

I've been driven mad trying to prove my sanity
     Reply #162 - November 03, 2011, 02:47 PM

Sure, the bible it is exactly the same as the quoran, not. The law of Ala is nothing as the preaching of Jesus Christ in the new testament.

Sorry, chum, that's a strawman.
     Reply #163 - November 03, 2011, 02:51 PM

Quote from: Mandragoras on Today at 09:37 AM

Don't understand that,  in simple english for a foreigner please.
     Reply #164 - November 03, 2011, 02:52 PM

Please tell me if you have read the new testament. Without being perfect, if you think the values and language are similar to the quoran...

I have and as far as Holy texts goes:

1. the Old Testament is the worst (even the Qur'an doesn't say kill babies or stone someone who's not even an adulterer etc...)

2. The Qur'an comes next.

3. The New Testament is a vast improvement (So long as we ignore Hell - the most obnoxious concept invented by man).

But as I say this is all a Strawman argument.

We are not discussing which is worse.

We are discussing whether believing nasty crap means you are a bad human being.

It doesn't. People can believe nasty things - and still be good human beings.

The human mind works in amazing ways - and can do all sorts of acrobatics and compartmentalisation to make sure their humanity shines through. (In most cases anyway.)
     Reply #165 - November 03, 2011, 02:57 PM

Quote from: Mandragoras on Today at 09:37 AM

Mandragoras, the problem is NOT ordinary muslims, it is the ultra-literalist wahhabi/salafi influence that is the problem. The imams that get imported preaching the strict supremacist interpretations are an issue, those that come in trying to preach a peaceful coexistence are not. Sadly the waters are muddied by the intimidating nature of the most extreme literalists, but blaming ALL muslims only serves to push more towards the literalist way of thinking.

I am a proponent of slightly more strict border controls, especially the ability to deport foreign criminals, but I see no reason to go even close to the extremes that the EDL and BNP would take us.

As for the bible, it is just as much a cherry picked book of nonsense as the quran, and whilst it may not be quite so concentrated in it's unpleasantness (there is more neutral "filler" babble in the bible), that does not mean it's a better book in any way, shape or form or worthy of any more respect or influence.

I know the problem is not ordinary muslim, the problem is islam.

The bible as a whole is unpleasant, i'm specifically talking about the new testament, what is considered the word of Jesus Christ. Contradicts the quoran in so many things, which I find a releive that is not as violent and promotes better feelings.
     Reply #166 - November 03, 2011, 02:58 PM

The human mind works in amazing ways - and can do all sorts of acrobatics and compartmentalisation to make sure their humanity shines through. (In most cases anyway.)

Good, we would be in worse shit otherwise!
     Reply #167 - November 03, 2011, 03:00 PM

We are discussing whether believing nasty crap means you are a bad human being.

It doesn't. People can believe nasty things - and still be good human beings.

Being brainwashed to beleive nasty things as good. Yes, and to do nasty thing because of this. Yes, that is the reality. But that does not change the nastiness of the act.
     Reply #168 - November 03, 2011, 03:00 PM

Don't understand that,  in simple english for a foreigner please.

A Straw man fallacy is when you create an argument your opponent never made.

I never said the Qur'an was exactly the same as the Bible.
     Reply #169 - November 03, 2011, 03:01 PM

Good, we would be in worse shit otherwise!

Indeed! Now why can't you understand that Muslims do that as much as anyone else?
     Reply #170 - November 03, 2011, 03:04 PM

Some loving excerpts from the New Testament:

Matthew
    5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

(^^ Means Christian apologists do NOT get to disregard the OLD TESTAMENT and the horrific stuff in there that makes the Quran look like an episode of Barney and Friends in comparison)

5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

(11:21-24) "Woe unto thee"
    Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and the eternal torment of hell because they didn't care for his preaching.

15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mark

4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

(^^ Sounds very much like verses of the Quran)

Luke

12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

(^^ Hey! Allah?!)

12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

(^^ Servant/slave... yahweh/jehovah/allah all are sadistic pieces of shit concocted in the imaginations of sadistic slave owning, rape obsessed men of yore)

12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

12:52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

12:53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

John

3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Romans

1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

(^^ Homophobia with death penalty)

2 Thessalonians

2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

(^^ Yahweh leads you astray, just like Allah promises, then fucks you for eternity - it's like they are twins or something)

Oh yeah... and fuckin' ALL OF REVELATIONS, which is the final book of the "New" Testament.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #171 - November 03, 2011, 03:06 PM

Wtf is a "quoran" and "ala"  Huh?

I wonder if he's intentionally mispelling that shit or if he's just retarded.

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #172 - November 03, 2011, 03:07 PM

Whilst the New Testament, as AbuAli has pointed out is a vast improvement on both the old testament and quran, it does introduce the concept of hell which is about as crappy a mind-control trick as is possible to devise, and Jesus is even stated as saying he was not there to abolish a word of mosaic law... So all the virulent stuff from the OT (mainly deuteronomy) is still valid. The bible contradicts itself just as much as it does the quran.

The only reason we are not under a brutal christian theology right now is because of the reformation removing it's political power... it was hardly a picnic for anyone who didn't believe or believed something different before then

I've been driven mad trying to prove my sanity
     Reply #173 - November 03, 2011, 03:16 PM

Some loving excerpts from the New Testament:

Matthew
    5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

(^^ Means Christian apologists do NOT get to disregard the OLD TESTAMENT and the horrific stuff in there that makes the Quran look like an episode of Barney and Friends in comparison)

5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

8:12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

(11:21-24) "Woe unto thee"
    Jesus condemns entire cities to dreadful deaths and the eternal torment of hell because they didn't care for his preaching.

15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mark

4:11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

4:12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.

(^^ Sounds very much like verses of the Quran)

Luke

12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

(^^ Hey! Allah?!)

12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

(^^ Servant/slave... yahweh/jehovah/allah all are sadistic pieces of shit concocted in the imaginations of sadistic slave owning, rape obsessed men of yore)

12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

12:52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

12:53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

John

3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

15:6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Romans

1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

(^^ Homophobia with death penalty)

2 Thessalonians

2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

(^^ Yahweh leads you astray, just like Allah promises, then fucks you for eternity - it's like they are twins or something)

Oh yeah... and fuckin' ALL OF REVELATIONS, which is the final book of the "New" Testament.

In the new testament things are abrogated from the old testament, like the stoning of adulteres, because it creates a new rule: the golden rule. And it doesn't preach to kill of fight the unbelivers...but the opposite, turn your cheek and love your enemies!

Have you really read it? As a whole it is nothing like the quoran.
     Reply #174 - November 03, 2011, 03:20 PM

Wtf is a "quoran" and "ala"  Huh?

I wonder if he's intentionally mispelling that shit or if he's just retarded.

Gosh, you are unique!
     Reply #175 - November 03, 2011, 03:21 PM

In the new testament things are abrogated from the old testament, like the stoning of adulteres, because it creates a new rule: the golden rule. And it doesn't preach to kill of fight the unbelivers...but the opposite, turn your cheek and love your enemies!

Have you really read it? As a whole it is nothing like the quoran.

Nope it is not all love and bunnies. Yes I have read it. Have you? And no it does NOT abrogate the Old Testicle. Try again with people who are illiterate.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #176 - November 03, 2011, 03:23 PM

Gosh, you are unique!

I'm unique because you don't know how to fucking spell?  Huh?

Formerly known as Iblis
     Reply #177 - November 03, 2011, 03:30 PM

That's pretty much the worst advice ever. Which is precisely why no one does it.

Best advice, block the attack, then laugh in their face. I will love whoever I love, don't be telling me who to love.

If anything Christianity has cheapened love into a useless word that is so often repeated yet rarely meant.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #178 - November 03, 2011, 03:32 PM

Gosh, you are unique!

How seriously would you take someone who said the following:

Crischyanitay is that dumb religion where jeezuz did suicide.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #179 - November 03, 2011, 03:34 PM

How seriously would you take someone who said the following:

Crischyanitay is that dumb religion where jeezuz did suicide.

Cheesy

Exactly!

Formerly known as Iblis
  • Previous page 1 ... 4 5 67 8 ... 20 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »