Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 09:48 PM

New Britain
September 24, 2024, 10:45 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
September 15, 2024, 01:08 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Girl gang who kicked woman in the head while yelling 'kill the white slag' freed

(Read 12547 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Girl gang who kicked woman in the head while yelling 'kill the white slag' freed
     Reply #60 - December 07, 2011, 09:08 PM

i never argued that it shouldn't have been reported. but like allat said, it should've been done carefully. non-white on white hate crime does not exist on the same level as white on non-white hate crime.

You know, I'm really not sure about that these days. I think it would be hard to prove one way or the other.

white people can commit as many hate crimes as they want and it will never ever be taken to represent every white person.

TBH I'm not sure that never is supportable here. If you mean never among white people then it probably is supportable, but that isn't never as such.

when a muslim commits a crime, every muslim/brown person is held responsible. even ex-muslims are held responsible. hell, even sikhs are held responsible.

Again, only supportable in a limited context. Exactly who do you think is holding every Muslim/brown person responsible for this? I certainly am not. I'd hazard a guess that a lot of other people aren't either.

it would be irresponsible and immoral for the media to act as if there was no difference and there would be no racist consequences.

The case itself is already a racist consequence.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Re: Girl gang who kicked woman in the head while yelling 'kill the white slag' freed
     Reply #61 - December 07, 2011, 09:14 PM

when the 9/11 terrorist attacks happened, i was personally affected and continue to be.

when the norway terrorist attacks happened, you weren't and never will be.
     Reply #62 - December 07, 2011, 09:17 PM

The first is a pity, but really doesn't do much to address all of my points.

Reply #63 - December 07, 2011, 09:26 PM

no, i am addressing your point about "Exactly who do you think is holding every Muslim/brown person responsible for this?"

you certainly are not, and i never said you are. but i have been through enough, and have heard of so much horrific stories, of people being arrested simply for being arab/muslim, people being interrogated, deported, people being called "sand niggers" and told to "go back where you came from" that it's irrelevant who does the blaming. what's relevant is that this blaming exists, it's systematic, and needs to be taken into account.

you can't possibly argue non-white on white hate crime is on the same level. we live in a society that's systematically racist against non-whites. sure there are some people racist against white folks, but it's not systematic.
     Reply #64 - December 07, 2011, 09:38 PM

Ok fair enough. That's no reason to shy away from issues though. I'm against racist attacks generally, regardless of who they are directed against and by who.

Incidentally, the Norway attack isn't a good analogy in this case. A better analogy would be a similar attack where the perp only targeted people of another ethnic group, instead of targeting people of his own group.

If, for instance, a similar (white) person staged an attack in the UK and only shot brown people, I think it is fair to say that in some people's minds (like the assailants in this case) it would be taken as reflecting on all white people, for the simple reason that the assailants appear to be racist to start with.

IOW, they're the same sort of people as the white people who assume that an attack by one Muslim reflects on all Muslims. Like such people, they are likely to take anything as confirming their bias if it can be construed that way, and they are likely to act on their bias.

Reply #65 - December 07, 2011, 09:40 PM

you can't possibly argue non-white on white hate crime is on the same level. we live in a society that's systematically racist against non-whites. sure there are some people racist against white folks, but it's not systematic.

Wotcha mean "we"? I live in Australia. There doesn't appear to be much difference between white-against-non-white or non-white-against-white here these days when it comes to racially motivated violence.

ETA: Meaning it's rare for either to be reported, but the numbers don't seem to be skewed one way or the other.

Reply #66 - December 07, 2011, 09:42 PM

You were a minor though.

Anyways, that "sorry your honor, but I was drunk" defense hasn't flown in the US in a very long time-- they're more likely than anything to stiffen the penalty if you say that here.

No, I was 18.  That's not a minor over here.

I think it was just a very lucky day then. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #67 - December 07, 2011, 10:00 PM

Oh I thought you were 15 for some reason. Nevermind.

fuck you
     Reply #68 - December 07, 2011, 10:03 PM

Oh I thought you were 15 for some reason. Nevermind.

We are talking 20 years or so, and a case handled in a magistrates court. Which is alot different then being at the crown court on a trial.

Also why I have clearly shown that according to the guidelines, you would get punished more and that being drunk is not looked upon as a mitigation factor, in serious cases, those are the guidelines set for judges.
     Reply #69 - December 08, 2011, 05:33 AM

You're about as smart as the judge.

The others have got what I was driving at!  Tongue

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #70 - December 08, 2011, 05:45 AM

Personally I don't care what the motivation is, the person should be punished in balance for their actions and not their motivations after taking into account mitigating circumstances.

Precisely! If this is scrupulously followed in each and every case then this kind of nonsense will stop.

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Reply #71 - December 08, 2011, 06:24 AM

But if the only place where this is being reported at all are right wing or BNP-friendly media, then we who are not either of those have excused ourselves from that conversation. That is what I think is hurtful, to muslim communities in particular.

^^^^^ This! Afro. IMO both the right and the left  are full of shit,they distort realities to suit their perceptions. What makes matters worst is that these days reporters function more as novel[fiction] writers and the truth becomes a casualty.

Thomas Paine

Reply #72 - December 08, 2011, 05:41 PM

I think that no matter whether alcohol was a factor in a crime, they should be punished the same. People know that alcohol has effects, it is a risk, if you do stuff that is wrong it is still your fault as the alcohol intake was your choice, I don't care whether it skews your judgement or not.
     Reply #73 - December 11, 2011, 09:58 PM

Obviousy the threat of of being tortured forever in a lake of fire wasnt enough to stop them from drinking alcohol. Maybe they thought omnipresent god wasnt watching Leicester at the time. But the CCTV WAS watching hahaha.

THEREFORE CCTV is more powerful than god??

Aside from the race issue, it would be absurd to blame islam for these women's actions. However it didnt seem to 'provide a moral framework' for them on this occasion, as many theists claim religion does.

One thing I can be pretty sure of is that imams will use this incident to highlight the 'evils' of alcohol consumption, preach it to the masses, and confirm and strengthen the idea amongst believers that islam is correct. Bugger!

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #74 - December 11, 2011, 10:00 PM

Alcohol wouldn't have been a mitigating factor had a bunch of white women beaten up a black woman whilst hurling racist abuse at her. Its a shame the case was decided like this.

In general, things being swept under the carpet makes things worse.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #75 - December 11, 2011, 10:03 PM

What do you guys think should have been done in this case that wasn't done?

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #76 - December 11, 2011, 10:34 PM

The problem arises when incidents of racist abuse or violence become ideological ammunition to take up racial persecution positions, or to deny the existence of discrimination one way of the other. Sensationalised reporting doesn't help this, because it makes people cautious over that, and I understand why that is. Its completely understandable. At the same time, self censorship can be just as problematic.

God is Love.

Reply #77 - December 11, 2011, 10:42 PM

That didn't answer her question.

fuck you
     Reply #78 - December 11, 2011, 10:43 PM

I wasn't answering it, just giving my further thoughts.

God is Love.

Reply #79 - December 11, 2011, 10:44 PM

oh

fuck you
     Reply #80 - December 11, 2011, 10:51 PM

i never argued that it shouldn't have been reported. but like allat said, it should've been done carefully. non-white on white hate crime does not exist on the same level as white on non-white hate crime. white people can commit as many hate crimes as they want and it will never ever be taken to represent every white person. when a muslim commits a crime, every muslim/brown person is held responsible. even ex-muslims are held responsible. hell, even sikhs are held responsible. it would be irresponsible and immoral for the media to act as if there was no difference and there would be no racist consequences.

Its a balancing act to report responsibly whilst not succumbing to self-censorship. The issue of honour crimes is an example of this. Its a very real problem, and for quite a few years there was a reluctance to report on it because of fears that it would be used to demonise a minority community. Yet by not reporting it the problem did not go away and its only after the efforts of alot of victims and those who took an interest in their plight that honour killings and honour violence in the UK is being addressed.

God is Love.

Reply #81 - December 11, 2011, 11:35 PM

I think judging the seriousness of a crime on its location is a factor here.  If these girls had attacked her in a school yard, it would be rationalised downwards to mere schoolyard rough and tumble - something we all either did or suffered in our own school days.  Its then a mere matter of detention or suspension from school or whatever.  But this happened in the street so therefore it should be a prison sentence.

Similar with honour killings, really - if any of these "honour killers" attacked their daughter in the street it would be dealt with as an assault, but because its behind closed doors it is allowed to escalate, even when its reported, and eventually it ends in murder.  If the man was put behind bars first time he hit his daughter he probably wouldn't escalate to murder in the first place.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #82 - December 11, 2011, 11:39 PM

so you're saying a father who hit his children even once deserves to be imprisoned? Huh?
     Reply #83 - December 11, 2011, 11:53 PM

wat.  Huh?

I'm saying the location of the crime shouldn't affect how seriously its taken.  If a father beats the crap out of his daughter it should not matter whether he does it on the street or in his home, if a father slaps the back of his daughter's leg it shouldn't be a crime at all regardless of whether he does it at home or in a supermarket aisle.

I think you missed my point.

Reply #84 - December 12, 2011, 12:17 AM

If the man was put behind bars first time he hit his daughter he probably wouldn't escalate to murder in the first place.

Reply #85 - December 12, 2011, 12:21 AM

Quote mining doesn't usually work on a skeptical forum.

Reply #86 - December 12, 2011, 12:47 AM

what? how did i quote mine? i'm just saying what you said seems to mean you want fathers who hit their children even once to be imprisoned.
     Reply #87 - December 12, 2011, 01:41 AM

i support my compañeras in their struggle against the white oppressor.

this was not a fucking "white oppressor" this was a girl and her boyfriend on their
    way home.  So any random act of violence or abuse against a white person is
    justified?  are you fucking for real?

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #88 - December 12, 2011, 01:44 AM

Cheesy

seriously, was it not obvious that i was just being facetious?
     Reply #89 - December 12, 2011, 01:47 AM

What do you guys think should have been done in this case that wasn't done?

the same as for anyone else.  Especially laws in regards to racial hate crimes.
    Disorderly in public, put in the drunk tank over night, and any other law that
    would have been thrown at any other person who did the same thing.

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »