Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 04:09 PM

New Britain
September 18, 2024, 02:11 PM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
September 15, 2024, 01:08 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
September 14, 2024, 12:27 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Bigmo in the house

(Read 26330 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #60 - July 02, 2014, 12:29 AM

^^^ I honestly have no idea what you just said there   Huh?

Nor me.

Think I'll stop reading this thread now. No cogent answers will be forthcoming, as per.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #61 - July 02, 2014, 01:52 PM

^^^ I honestly have no idea what you just said there   Huh?

Well as someone who's heard the Quranists arguments a number of times, this is what he means:

He's arguing that the 'beat' them verse doesn't say 'beat' them because it would contradict the Quran (in their view) and he gave the example of adultery which requires 4 witnesseses - so according to him that would contradict 4:34 because the Quran wouldn't say "if you fear misconduct" and then stipulate "beating" on the basis of a fear/suspicion, since even adultery requires 4 witnesseses to prove it, so the Quran wouldn't say hit them based on a mere suspicion.

So he denies that wadriboohunna means "hit them"

@Bigmo

Are you still in the house? You seem to be ignoring my questions.

What do we need salvation from and why?

Do you believe in Hell?

And regarding 4:34, what does " wadriboohunna" mean in your view?

And since you mentioned the adultery verses, do you think flogging a person is the best way to deal with infidelity?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #62 - July 02, 2014, 06:10 PM

OK thanks, though I'm asking for a fuller explanation of salvation from the Quranist viewpoint.

Salvation usually means avoiding Hell and achieving Paradise. I'm just curious to know what you - as a Quranist - mean by it, and why we need to be saved and what exactly do we need to be saved from?

Do you believe in Hell?

Yes I believe in hell although I believe how God judges is somewhat different than how we humans Judge. Hell and Hevan are not in our physical world so I don't dwell on them much.

Yes what I am saying is exactly what you said. Anything you need to know about what will save you in the hereafter is contained in the Quran. The same can be said about the Old and New Testament.

Why do we need to be saved? Well as a believer i believe we do not have much choice. We did not create ourselves or establish the rules. Its about playing the game we are in in a way that works for you rather than against you.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #63 - July 02, 2014, 06:13 PM

I suspect Bigmo's response will be that it doesn't say "Beat/Hit" - but says "Avoid her" or "Leave her" or "Strike a similtude for her" or, my favourite: "Have sex with her" - which are all interpretations I have heard from Quranists at some point or another.

Not exactly. Its about bringing forth proof that the Quran demands. The verse starts with "if you fear". Well fear is not an acceptable criteria to hold anyone accountable since the Quran ordered bringing forth witnesses and taking of oath when a person might have actually witnessed something even if the spouse claimed to have witnessed. . So how can it allow anyone to hold anyone accountable by mere fear?

To be blunt. If you walked in and saw someone banging ur wife the Quran established a process for you if you want to hold her accountable. Either you produce 4 witnesses, good luck on that, or you swear 4 times and she can swear 4 times. I don't know about you but most people will simply lie even under oath after all who wouldn't when facing lashes. People like about these things anyways. Thats why we call it cheating.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #64 - July 02, 2014, 06:23 PM

Well as someone who's heard the Quranists arguments a number of times, this is what he means:

He's arguing that the 'beat' them verse doesn't say 'beat' them because it would contradict the Quran (in their view) and he gave the example of adultery which requires 4 witnesseses - so according to him that would contradict 4:34 because the Quran wouldn't say "if you fear misconduct" and then stipulate "beating" on the basis of a fear/suspicion, since even adultery requires 4 witnesseses to prove it, so the Quran wouldn't say hit them based on a mere suspicion.

So he denies that wadriboohunna means "hit them"

@Bigmo

Are you still in the house? You seem to be ignoring my questions.

What do we need salvation from and why?

Do you believe in Hell?

And regarding 4:34, what does " wadriboohunna" mean in your view?

And since you mentioned the adultery verses, do you think flogging a person is the best way to deal with infidelity?

No its is not. Which is why the Quran also established bringing some arbiter from the family to solve matters. But in terms of reciprocity justice it is accurate since the pain that causes to the other person. People kill for these things and it also can break a family. The pain of lashing will disappear in a day or two but that pain can last a life time. Which is why lashing is not a solution but there must be an investigation about why its taking place. Adultery is no easy matter. In Moses's ten commandments its right after killing someone.

But the Quran gave us an understanding of the magnitude of adultery in God's eyes. But it was more concerned about slandering which in Arab culture can mean death to a woman even if they are just gossips and rumours.

As far as what adribuhunna means to me I don't know and never really thought about it. I don't believe in a purely linguistic interpretation of the Quran. The Quran uses the same words in variant ways.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #65 - July 02, 2014, 06:27 PM

Welcome bigmo parrot

You won't find too much support for neocon ideology here; we're mostly liberals. Just because most of us are highly critical of Islam, and Islamism in particular, doesn't mean that we hate Muslims or are right-wingers or wish war upon Muslim countries or anything of the sort. Pamela Geller/Robert Spencer types aren't popular here.

I am not sure about that. This strong emphasis on Shariah law and the topics raised seems to me a lot of Neocon influence. The Quran translations pasted many times here seems to be designed to take things out of context. A very striking Neocon strategy
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #66 - July 02, 2014, 06:34 PM

Well said!

Hell is another example of this. Many Muslims these days - especially Quranists - "defend" the concept of Hell by arguing that it is "Not forever!" (only for a "very long time") and you won't go there for simply not believing but only if you are the worst of the worst rapist, mass murderer or Hitler.

However even if that were true (which it isn't) it doesn't change the simple fact that keeping someone alive so you can repeatedly torture them over and over again is the work of an insanely cruel monster - and not an All-Merciful All-Compassionate, Divine Being.

That's not unusual. In the Quran many believers couldn't understand why the Quran took a hard line against the hypocrites even harder than the pagans fighting them. Many still established friendship and the Quran even told the prophet that if you prayed for their forgiveness 70 times God will not forgive them. They found later the hard way when these hypocrites switched sides against them and joined the Meccan pagans against them. They even started rumors to spread discord. So its natural that many Quranist will question the justice of Divine punishment.

We are told in the Quran that God will judge people by every little deed they did and promised that every human will see his own record laid in front of him. You will get in the end what your hands have done and what your record says.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #67 - July 02, 2014, 08:47 PM

I am not sure about that. This strong emphasis on Shariah law and the topics raised seems to me a lot of Neocon influence. The Quran translations pasted many times here seems to be designed to take things out of context. A very striking Neocon strategy

Erm, perhaps you don't know what neoconservatism is. It's a political ideology notable for advocating for the violent imposition of free-market capitalism and democracy on other countries. I don't see how you could connect critique of shari'ah with neocon ideology Huh? We're not advocating "liberating" dar-al-Islam, we're just criticising a political ideology (shari'ah/ islamism) and religion (Islam). Would you accuse all critics of communism of being McCarthyists or warmongers? The Quran translations posted here are always mainstream translations written by Muslims. 
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #68 - July 02, 2014, 08:50 PM

No its is not. Which is why the Quran also established bringing some arbiter from the family to solve matters. But in terms of reciprocity justice it is accurate since the pain that causes to the other person.

So as long as the 100 lashes are part of package of measures including an arbiter from the family, then it's OK?

Should the person be lashed before or after everyone sits down to try and save the marriage*?

As far as what adribuhunna means to me I don't know and never really thought about it.

You don't know what it means!!??

Then how do you know it doesn't mean hit/beat?

*Traditionally the verse about 100 lashes has been understood to be for fornication of unmarried couples while hadith stipulates stoning is for adultery of married couples - but as Quranists reject hadith they regard these verses as pertaining to adultery of married couples, I'm going along with their view for the sake of argument.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #69 - July 02, 2014, 09:00 PM

That's not unusual. In the Quran many believers couldn't understand why the Quran took a hard line against the hypocrites even harder than the pagans fighting them. Many still established friendship and the Quran even told the prophet that if you prayed for their forgiveness 70 times God will not forgive them. They found later the hard way when these hypocrites switched sides against them and joined the Meccan pagans against them. They even started rumors to spread discord. So its natural that many Quranist will question the justice of Divine punishment.

We are told in the Quran that God will judge people by every little deed they did and promised that every human will see his own record laid in front of him. You will get in the end what your hands have done and what your record says.

So you think that repeatedly torturing people in the most grotesque and unimaginably horrific ways is reasonable, just and the actions of a "The Most Merciful of those who show Mercy"?

As the Qur'an says:

"Boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads; which will melt what's in their bellies, and skins. For them will be hooked rods of iron Whenever, in their anguish, they try to escape from Hell, they shall be dragged back..." (22:19-23)

"A Fire which will encompass them like the walls and roof of a tent, will hem them in: they will cry out for help but will be granted scorching water like melted brass, that will scald their faces" (18:28-30)

"Dragged through scalding fetid fluid and burnt in the Fire." (40: 70-72)

"As often as their skins are roasted We shall exchange them for fresh skins" (4:56)

"No food except pus" (69:36)

The tree of Zaqqum Will be the food of the sinners. Like molten brass it will boil in their insides. Like the boiling of scalding water. (It will be said) "Seize him and drag him into the midst of the Blazing Fire! Then pour over his head the torment of Boiling Water" (44:43-48)

"They will be given boiling water to drink so that it tears their bowels to pieces" (47:15)

"Never will it be eased off them nor will they be reprieved" (3:88)

Never will they get out. (5:37)

Hell for all eternity (4:169)
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #70 - July 02, 2014, 09:09 PM

btw Bigmo, you still haven't explained what you mean by salvation, why we need to be saved and what are we being saved from?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #71 - July 02, 2014, 09:50 PM

I have to warn you, Bigmo, that Hassan can and DOES read/speak Arabic. Fluently.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #72 - July 02, 2014, 10:09 PM

No its is not. Which is why the Quran also established bringing some arbiter from the family to solve matters. But in terms of reciprocity justice it is accurate since the pain that causes to the other person. People kill for these things and it also can break a family. The pain of lashing will disappear in a day or two but that pain can last a life time. Which is why lashing is not a solution but there must be an investigation about why its taking place. Adultery is no easy matter. In Moses's ten commandments its right after killing someone.

But the Quran gave us an understanding of the magnitude of adultery in God's eyes. But it was more concerned about slandering which in Arab culture can mean death to a woman even if they are just gossips and rumours.

As far as what adribuhunna means to me I don't know and never really thought about it. I don't believe in a purely linguistic interpretation of the Quran. The Quran uses the same words in variant ways.

I don't believe in a linguistic interpretation of the Quran, either. What I like to do is just squint at it, tilt my head sideways while turning away slightly. Usually what happens after a span of time spent like this is a divine revelation of the truth of the Quran, in squiggly pictures, a sort of holy graphic novel. I have taken my interpretative technique to imams and the hafiz I know, but they either try to ¨educate¨ me or they become offended. It is nice to finally find someone who reads Quran like I do. I feel really validated right now. Forget reading it. I know what it says. Really.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #73 - July 03, 2014, 04:28 AM

Hang on a minute, Bigmo.

In your other thread, you're telling me how the Quran is crystal clear so much of the time and the only reason anyone disputes it is those blasted hadith or whatever leads one to erroneous interpretations, but here you're telling me that you have no idea what something so plainly obvious means? Suddenly the Quran uses the same words in various ways and so even though the meaning is evident from its context, God only knows what that verse meant? You're talking about how this book contains all the laws you'll ever need for a perfect society, and yet you've never even spared a thought about what the meaning of such a critical or controversial verse is?

Who filled your head with these romantic ideas of Islam and then left you to try to justify it?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #74 - July 03, 2014, 05:00 AM

So you think that repeatedly torturing people in the most grotesque and unimaginably horrific ways is reasonable, just and the actions of a "The Most Merciful of those who show Mercy"?

As the Qur'an says:

"Boiling fluid will be poured down on their heads; which will melt what's in their bellies, and skins. For them will be hooked rods of iron Whenever, in their anguish, they try to escape from Hell, they shall be dragged back..." (22:19-23)

"A Fire which will encompass them like the walls and roof of a tent, will hem them in: they will cry out for help but will be granted scorching water like melted brass, that will scald their faces" (18:28-30)

"Dragged through scalding fetid fluid and burnt in the Fire." (40: 70-72)

"As often as their skins are roasted We shall exchange them for fresh skins" (4:56)

"No food except pus" (69:36)

The tree of Zaqqum Will be the food of the sinners. Like molten brass it will boil in their insides. Like the boiling of scalding water. (It will be said) "Seize him and drag him into the midst of the Blazing Fire! Then pour over his head the torment of Boiling Water" (44:43-48)

"They will be given boiling water to drink so that it tears their bowels to pieces" (47:15)

"Never will it be eased off them nor will they be reprieved" (3:88)

Never will they get out. (5:37)

Hell for all eternity (4:169)

I didn't create so i can't really say anything. There is hell and there is paradise. The question you raised are beyond the scope of the Quran.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #75 - July 03, 2014, 05:04 AM

Hang on a minute, Bigmo.

In your other thread, you're telling me how the Quran is crystal clear so much of the time and the only reason anyone disputes it is those blasted hadith or whatever leads one to erroneous interpretations, but here you're telling me that you have no idea what something so plainly obvious means? Suddenly the Quran uses the same words in various ways and so even though the meaning is evident from its context, God only knows what that verse meant? You're talking about how this book contains all the laws you'll ever need for a perfect society, and yet you've never even spared a thought about what the meaning of such a critical or controversial verse is?

Who filled your head with these romantic ideas of Islam and then left you to try to justify it?

There are tons of verses and words and terms in  the Quran I do not understand. but i disagree with you about the context. I don't think that the Quran can be used to justify laying your hand on someone just because you have a hunch or suspicion.

I said whatever you need for your salvation. Salvation meaning your fate on judgement day. No human can ever understand everything in the Quran and the Quran itself recognizes that. It advises the believers to only try to interpret the explicit verses.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #76 - July 03, 2014, 05:08 AM

btw Bigmo, you still haven't explained what you mean by salvation, why we need to be saved and what are we being saved from?

The Koran talks about the story of Satan and Adam and Eve. It talked about a confrontation between God and Satan. There is a battle we are all engaged in, but its a battle our eyes can not see. The Quran came to guide a believer to win that battle.

It basically teaches a believer what God wants from him and how to avoid His wrath.

Why we need salvation, well that depends on whether you believe in an after life or not and whether you believe in a judgement day or not.

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #77 - July 03, 2014, 05:09 AM

Can an atheist go to heaven? Do you agree with the quran when it says that non muslims are unthinking animals, cattle, no intelligence?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #78 - July 03, 2014, 05:12 AM

The question you raised are beyond the scope of the Quran.

Nothing, surely, can be beyond the scope of the Koran. If it can, you're on quicksand.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #79 - July 03, 2014, 08:01 AM

Not exactly. Its about bringing forth proof that the Quran demands. The verse starts with "if you fear". Well fear is not an acceptable criteria to hold anyone accountable since the Quran ordered bringing forth witnesses and taking of oath when a person might have actually witnessed something even if the spouse claimed to have witnessed. . So how can it allow anyone to hold anyone accountable by mere fear?

To be blunt. If you walked in and saw someone banging ur wife the Quran established a process for you if you want to hold her accountable. Either you produce 4 witnesses, good luck on that, or you swear 4 times and she can swear 4 times. I don't know about you but most people will simply lie even under oath after all who wouldn't when facing lashes. People like about these things anyways. Thats why we call it cheating.

Listen that beating of wife is applicable when she disobeys and that is not necessarily limited to adultery. Read your favourite book again. And for the sake of argument let's just accept that it is indeed for adultery then why does only the men have the right to beat their wives? Why are the wives deprived from the pleasure of punishing the husbands themselves?

Guys, the funny thing is that one Quranist site says that obedient here means obedient to God and not one's husband. And the three stages of punishment should be applicable if the wife wants to desert her husband. And the third stage is not beating, it is just complying with the wife's rule and leave her Cheesy. See Bigmo I have better interpretations than you. Beat me at that Tongue.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #80 - July 03, 2014, 10:25 AM

It basically teaches a believer what God wants from him and how to avoid His wrath.

'avoid His wrath'?

so even a Quranist believes in Allah as a psycho sadist tyrant.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Bigmo in the house
     Reply #81 - July 03, 2014, 12:57 PM

I didn't create so i can't really say anything. There is hell and there is paradise. The question you raised are beyond the scope of the Quran.

Worst response ever!

It's irrelevant whether you 'created', you have a mind to think and reason with. Even the Quran demands you use your mind to make a judgement about the claims it's making - "Do they not ponder..." "Can they not think/reason with their minds..." etc...

Or are you saying you are only a Muslim because you were born a Muslim and have never thought about if it's really true or not?

As for: "The question you raised are beyond the scope of the Quran."

Nonsense!

The Qur'an spends most of it's time threatening it's readers with Hell and dangling the carrot of Paradise. The Qur'an mentions the word Hell (النار) over 500 times - and that's not including other words for Hell such as Jahannam, Haawiya, Sa'eer etc... The Qur'an goes to great lengths (more than the Bible) to describe the various grotesque ways that unbelievers will be horribly tortured. While at the same time God is described as the All-Merciful, the All-Compassionate, the All-Forgiving, The Gentle One, The Magnanimous, etc.. etc... We are told in the Qur'an that God is "The Most Merciful of those who show Mercy".

You say the Qur'an cannot contradict itself? Here you have right in front of you the most glaring contradiction of all time:

Most Merciful/Monstrous Torturer.

To keep someone alive for ages and ages* so they can be repeatedly burnt, and have their brains boiled and intestines shredded over and over again cannot in any way be regarded as the act of "The Most Merciful of those who show Mercy!"

I can see why you don't really want to dig too deeply into what the words in the Qur'an actually mean.

*I'm humouring the Quranist position that Hell is not forever, even though it is an intellectually dishonest one - just for arguments sake.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #82 - July 03, 2014, 01:03 PM

As far as what adribuhunna means to me I don't know and never really thought about it

Bigmo, you still haven't answered this question:

If you don't know what "واضربوهن" means, how do you know it doesn't mean "and Hit them"??
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #83 - July 03, 2014, 02:22 PM

Bigmo, you still haven't answered this question:

If you don't know what "واضربوهن" means, how do you know it doesn't mean "and Hit them"??

Why do you want to hear from someone you think is saying nonsense?

Because then it would mean the Quran is contradicting itself.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #84 - July 03, 2014, 02:27 PM

I wish I knew Arabic and had Arabic font in my PC so that I can see who is right. Bigmo do one thing. Refer us to an Arabic to English dictionary and prove yourself. I just can't believe that a bunch of Quranists got the translation right just because they were not influenced by the Hadiths. I think most translators consider their task a holy one and remain neutral about it, or at least that's what I would have done.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #85 - July 03, 2014, 02:28 PM

There are tons of verses and words and terms in  the Quran I do not understand. but i disagree with you about the context. I don't think that the Quran can be used to justify laying your hand on someone just because you have a hunch or suspicion.

I said whatever you need for your salvation. Salvation meaning your fate on judgement day. No human can ever understand everything in the Quran and the Quran itself recognizes that. It advises the believers to only try to interpret the explicit verses.

Because you need four witnesses, right? Or swearing four times or a confession or whatever.

Here's the thing you're missing, bigmo: that was for a particular circumstance with a high penalty, namely "confining her to her house until death." Just think about that for a minute. I'm not going to try to pin it on you that Muslim societies very often find women stuck in the home worldwide, but this is in your perfect Quranic law society. There will be women under house arrest until death for lewdness, prisoners in their houses, their husband their jailer, Quranic law shining brightly overhead.

Does that sound nice to you? Of course not! I've gathered that at least you're a far more moral and decent person than the people who glorify this, more so than Allah. Of course you don't think that a woman should be locked inside her house forever until she dies. You're going to try to bring in "unless God ordains for her some other way," and try to make that exception the rule. You're going to do something, even if it is just disagree without substance, because I know you're not a fucking asshole. You're a guy with good intentions trying to defend a book that is truly so flawed you'd find it easier to hide a mountain.

But just look at how women are treated in the Quran. They are put under the guidance of men, they are told to submit to their husbands. It doesn't say, "Listen to men (if you want to, ladies,) and obey them (if that's cool with you and if you feel inferior enough/dependent enough)," it flat out sets up the social structure where the women are obedient to the men. And then, nearly in the same breath, it tells men that if you fear they aren't listening to you, first lodge a verbal complaint, then let 'em sleep alone, and then, if all else fails, "hit them." And it's not just because of a hunch. It's to reinforce and reclaim a man's rights in Islam, and to correct a woman for the very real offense of failing to return to obedience to her husband, even after he complained and stopped having sex with her.

This is not considered a high consequence by the Quran or its author(s). This is not a death penalty, this is not something that requires amputation, it's not something that involves life imprisonment, it's not a hundred lashes. It's slapping your disobedient wife or roughing her up a little. And that is no problem. It's a problem with some Muslims nowadays, because times have changed, and we've realized that that's pretty fucked up, just like slavery, just like rampant polygamy, just like sending countless people to eternal torture and calling the torturer merciful.

I spent years doing this song and dance, Bigmo. There's nothing (short of saying the Quran abolishes slavery, that one was an interesting surprise) that you've said that I haven't heard before, or sometimes said before. In fact, when I was still a Quranist, I argued with my Saudi Sunni husband late into many nights until my voice was gone, and now he's a passionate Quranist, himself. And, like my husband, I think you're a really decent guy deep down, Bigmo. I have hopes that someday you're going to outgrow this thing that weighs you down and makes you an advocate of the indefensible.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #86 - July 03, 2014, 02:31 PM

Why do you want to hear from someone you think is saying nonsense?

Unless the Qur'an isn't contradicting itself due to the sheer force of your will, you're going to need to prove that.
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #87 - July 03, 2014, 02:33 PM

I wish I knew Arabic and had Arabic font in my PC so that I can see who is right. Bigmo do one thing. Refer us to an Arabic to English dictionary and prove yourself. I just can't believe that a bunch of Quranists got the translation right just because they were not influenced by the Hadiths. I think most translators consider their task a holy one and remain neutral about it, or at least that's what I would have done.

It does say strike, hit, beat, etc, and all other interpretations are a huge stretch. As a Quranist, I never tried to dispute what it said, it was awfully clear. I just tried to water it down with other parts of the Quran so that the "strike" was symbolic and light, and that the "disobedience" clearly had to be something severe that threatens her wellbeing or her family's, something unislamic with high consequences when the game is over, blah blah blah, total nonsense insulting to the intellect (my apologies, anyone I ever argued that to).
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #88 - July 03, 2014, 04:47 PM

That's the logical fallacy of circular reasoning. You're trying to prove one unsupported claim with another unsupported claim. It's like saying; the Qur'an is true because it's never wrong!

I'm afraid we have to look at the facts (what does the verse actually say) - and not your claims & assumptions about the Quran.

Plus as I have pointed out already, the Quran does indeed contradict itself, (i.e. Mercy & Torture)

So would you like to try again and see if you can find out what that verse actually says?
  • Bigmo in the house
     Reply #89 - July 03, 2014, 05:00 PM

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Previous page 1 2 34 5 6 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »