Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Yesterday at 12:41 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 08:35 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
July 05, 2024, 10:43 AM

Marcion and the introduct...
by zeca
July 03, 2024, 05:35 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
June 30, 2024, 10:43 PM

France Muslims were in d...
June 30, 2024, 08:06 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
June 26, 2024, 11:07 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 26, 2024, 03:53 AM

Eid Al-Adha
by akay
June 26, 2024, 03:50 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 24, 2024, 02:38 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
June 17, 2024, 01:00 PM

Jesus mythicism
by zeca
June 15, 2024, 10:14 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: The Hypothesis or slavery allowance (if that is how it called) in Islam

(Read 36338 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The Hypothesis or slavery allowance (if that is how it called) in Islam
     Reply #90 - October 13, 2014, 09:03 PM

What did you expect or wanted to happen?

You should consider that there are many intelligent people on this forum that do not believe in islam (anymore). I don't consider myself especially intelligent for that matter, but you have to present a strong case for your arguments here to stand your ground.
     Reply #91 - October 13, 2014, 09:06 PM

xtremestr  said

(Do you not see how twisted and sick that logic is?)

so i took that as he/she insulted me by saying my logic is sick and twisted and misunderstand me i accepted all the criticism and i openly said my hypothesis can be wrong but what i receved from now was nothing but quotes about slavery and how slaves are humiliated in islam which has nothing to do with my topic

So why you dont want to discuss that aspect?
    You dont feel comfortable with it?
     Reply #92 - October 13, 2014, 09:10 PM

What did you expect or wanted to happen?

You should consider that there are many intelligent people on this forum that do not believe in islam (anymore). I don't consider myself especially intelligent for that matter, but you have to present a strong case for your arguments here to stand your ground.

are you saying that I'm not intelligent or something?
     Reply #93 - October 13, 2014, 09:11 PM

So why you dont want to discuss that aspect?
    You dont feel comfortable with it?

what i expected was a peaceful discussion on my hypothesis and not rape
     Reply #94 - October 13, 2014, 09:13 PM

the hadith you gave has no sanad for it how could i know it's right?

Follow the link and it'll tell you as much of a transmission as it has, and the name of the volume to which it belongs. If you still believe it is falsified, I'm sure the pious Muslim owners of the website would very much love to know about this. You should write to them and ask if there's been some mistake to let such a terrible, awful report be approved for their site.

But let me give you some others:

Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported that a man came to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and said:
    I have a slave-girl who is our servant and she carries water for us and I have intercourse with her, but I do not want her to conceive. He said: Practise 'azl, if you so like, but what is decreed for her will come to her. The person stayed back (for some time) and then came and said: The girl has become pregnant, whereupon he said: I told you what was decreed for her would come to her.

حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ يُونُسَ، حَدَّثَنَا زُهَيْرٌ، أَخْبَرَنَا أَبُو الزُّبَيْرِ، عَنْ جَابِرٍ، أَنَّ رَجُلاً، أَتَى رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ إِنَّ لِي جَارِيَةً هِيَ خَادِمُنَا وَسَانِيَتُنَا وَأَنَا أَطُوفُ عَلَيْهَا وَأَنَا أَكْرَهُ أَنْ تَحْمِلَ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ اعْزِلْ عَنْهَا إِنْ شِئْتَ فَإِنَّهُ سَيَأْتِيهَا مَا قُدِّرَ لَهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَلَبِثَ الرَّجُلُ ثُمَّ أَتَاهُ فَقَالَ إِنَّ الْجَارِيَةَ قَدْ حَبِلَتْ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ قَدْ أَخْبَرْتُكَ أَنَّهُ سَيَأْتِيهَا مَا قُدِّرَ لَهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference    : Sahih Muslim 1439 a
    In-book reference    : Book 16, Hadith 159
    USC-MSA web (English) reference    : Book 8, Hadith 3383
      (deprecated numbering scheme)

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported that mention was made of 'azl in the presence of Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) whereupon he said:
    Why do you practise it? They said: There is a man whose wife has to suckle the child, and if that person has a sexual intercourse with her (she may conceive) which he does not like, and there is another person who has a slave-girl and he has a sexual intercourse with her, but he does not like her to have conception so that she may not become Umm Walad, whereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: There is no harm if you do not do that, for that (the birth of the child) is something pre- ordained. Ibn 'Aun said: I made a mention of this hadith to Hasan, and he said: By Allah, (it seems) as if there is upbraiding in it (for 'azl).

وَحَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى، حَدَّثَنَا مُعَاذُ بْنُ مُعَاذٍ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ عَوْنٍ، عَنْ مُحَمَّدٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ بِشْرٍ الأَنْصَارِيِّ، ‏.‏ قَالَ فَرَدَّ الْحَدِيثَ حَتَّى رَدَّهُ إِلَى أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيِّ قَالَ ذُكِرَ الْعَزْلُ عِنْدَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ ‏"‏ وَمَا ذَاكُمْ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالُوا الرَّجُلُ تَكُونُ لَهُ الْمَرْأَةُ تُرْضِعُ فَيُصِيبُ مِنْهَا وَيَكْرَهُ أَنْ تَحْمِلَ مِنْهُ وَالرَّجُلُ تَكُونُ لَهُ الأَمَةُ فَيُصِيبُ مِنْهَا وَيَكْرَهُ أَنْ تَحْمِلَ مِنْهُ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ فَلاَ عَلَيْكُمْ أَنْ لاَ تَفْعَلُوا ذَاكُمْ فَإِنَّمَا هُوَ الْقَدَرُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ عَوْنٍ فَحَدَّثْتُ بِهِ الْحَسَنَ فَقَالَ وَاللَّهِ لَكَأَنَّ هَذَا زَجْرٌ ‏.‏

Reference    : Sahih Muslim 1438 g
    In-book reference    : Book 16, Hadith 153
     Reply #95 - October 13, 2014, 09:13 PM

are you saying that I'm not intelligent or something?

No, certainly not. How could I if I don't know you? I am just suggesting you consider how you present your point, based on what arguments.
     Reply #96 - October 13, 2014, 09:14 PM

what i expected was a peaceful discussion on my hypothesis and not rape

My question is:
    Would you mind if we discussed also other aspects of Islam?
  • Re: The Hypothesis or slavery allowance (if that is how it called) in Islam
     Reply #97 - October 13, 2014, 09:15 PM

xtremestr  said

(Do you not see how twisted and sick that logic is?)

so i took that as he/she insulted me by saying my logic is sick and twisted and misunderstand me i accepted all the criticism and i openly said my hypothesis can be wrong but what i receved from now was nothing but quotes about slavery and how slaves are humulated in islam which has nothing to do with my topic

Islam can say what it wants to. Not only have you completely abandoned your original hypothesis, but you have also convinced yourself that it's completely okay to accept the idea of enslaving people just because you believe that you are some god's slave. Do you not see how twisted and sick that logic is?

I am not saying that you are sick and twisted, but if that is truly your logic, then in that, I believe you to be sick and twisted. You're arguing that you're against slavery but:

Slaves are unfree by definition, so I see nothing good in it, NO MATTER WHAT THE SYSTEM.

we are all slaves in the eyes of Allah so what is your point? even the slave masters are slaves so what is your point?

I don't believe in Allah.

then don't reject my point if islam thinks EVERYONE is a slave then this debunks the argument that islam has no Equality with slaves you are arguing that according to islam slaves and the non slaves are not brothers or not the same when i show you it's not that case then you say will i don't believe in allah will then don't use religious argument against religion sense you don't believe in religion

(Of course it does. A slave must do as his master bids. The hadiths explain that Quran 4:24 was revelaed for this specific purpose:

They took captives (women) on the day of Autas who had their husbands. They were afraid (to have sexual intercourse with them) when this verse was revealed:" And women already married except those whom you right hands posses" (iv. 24))

OK let me put your claim in real life situation and see your reaction if you Tonyt said to your brother that "you can have sex with any woman (anyone even slaves)" and people will reply with " OMG OMG OMG Tonyt is allowing his brother to rape slave women" are you gonna be happy with that?Huh?? the verse or the chapter itself must be read in context

4:19-25 read it now i could come with more context but really everyone now is commning at me with many comments

First of all, Islam is supposed to be perfect everywhere and anywhere, but having a verse(or multiple verses) for specific situations, doesn't that seem to go against what the Qur'an claims to be?

Secondly, as pointed out in the quotes, and by your posts in this thread in general, you are justifying Islam's allowance of slavery. When your era-appropriate argument started to crumble, you started making even less sense by arguing that we are all Allah's slaves(which is false, only Muslims can be considered Allah's slaves, other, Atheists specially refuse to 'submit', which is why we are punished in an eternal hellfire). Your last set of posts, in my opinion, moved you out from 'oh maybe slavery was NEEDED to prevent poverty(?)' to 'WELL WE ARE ALL SLAVES WHO CARES IF SOME ARE ALSO PEOPLE'S SLAVES?!'(if it doesn't make sense then please go back and read your own posts).

أشهد أن لا إله
     Reply #98 - October 13, 2014, 09:18 PM

My question is:
    Would you mind if we discussed also other aspects of Islam?

sure i would prefer it on skype
     Reply #99 - October 13, 2014, 09:29 PM

I believe on forum is better.
    So why you dont feel comfortable  when a member comes up with the subject of rape?
    Slavery , rape  the two are very much correlated.

Reply #100 - October 13, 2014, 09:30 PM

Now, I know, I know, Ahmed. You're going to either reject this hadith or find some weird way of accepting it in the context. Here's the problem, Ahmed, and it's very much tied up in what happymurtad was saying at the very start.

Whether or not you realize it, Ahmed, this thread is full of indisputable reasons why your hypothesis is unsupported and your conclusions false. You've not given one reasonable explanation as to why slavery would be something forcefully imposed on people, why manumitting them is a charity, and why escaped slaves would have their prayers unaccepted by God until they return to their masters. In fact, there are hadith that tell of slaves escaping their owners, only to be recaptured later by the Muslims and returned to the slaveowner. Does this sound like slavery was for the benefit of the slave, Ahmed?

Let's face it. You don't have a lot of evidence on your side. Some hadith and some Quranic passages about treating the slaves well in certain regards (as well as you can treat someone whose freedom you deny and who you can lawfully have sex with) is not even close to enough to turn the tides on all of the issues we've pointed out for you here. Like I said, it's clear for any unbiased reader of the hadith or the Quran that not even Mohammad himself believed your hypothesis.

But I get you, Ahmed. I think we all get you, much better than you think we do. A lot of us have been in your place before. Many of us realized some things about Islam were just truly evil on the outside, and we sat around and came up with idea after idea, just like you're doing now, to try to explain why this was allowed in Islam, and coming up short.

You haven't ever concerned yourself before, not even for a minute of your life, with justifying slavery in any other culture, practiced by any other man for any other reason. The only reason you're grasping at straws trying to explain this historical case of slavery is that you need for there to be a good reason for it. You can't accept that there isn't. You so desperately want there to be a reason, so you're hanging onto this hypothesis even though it's been debunked dozens of ways in this thread so far.

I'm not telling you that you can't keep trying to find ways to make yourself feel good about the slavery Mohammad allowed and encouraged and engaged in. Knock yourself out. But if you're being intellectually honest, if you allow yourself a moment to sit down and actually think about the points you've heard today, you should realize that this idea of yours is beyond impossible. It is downright silly. It's my sincere advice that you think a little harder, and come up with one more probable.
     Reply #101 - October 13, 2014, 09:30 PM

AhmedZaid9119 I am so glad that you became a very active member of CEMBER family.. But why this obsession with skype?  Why not write in to the forum? writing is permanent., Your writing will educate 100s of readers if not thousands .. But if you chit-chat on skype .. it is just for the day and  for one or few persons..  

Think about it.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #102 - October 13, 2014, 09:33 PM

I think that may be a lot of the appeal, Yeezevee.
     Reply #103 - October 13, 2014, 09:37 PM

I think that may be a lot of the appeal, Yeezevee.

you mean appease ..Nah...   AhmedZaid is a momin and in CEMBER group., he will not fall for my appeasement..  lol,,

Reply #104 - October 13, 2014, 09:40 PM

NOW i know your reply is it will be "BUT IT"S SAY IT"S LAWFUL FOR YOU" again let me put you in Muhammad place if you told your brother for example that he is allowed to have sex with any woman people gonna reply with (Ishina IS ALLOWING HER BROTHER TO RAPE WOMEN) let me ask you are you gonna be ok with that?? please answer this

wat

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #105 - October 13, 2014, 09:41 PM

Follow the link and it'll tell you as much of a transmission as it has, and the name of the volume to which it belongs. If you still believe it is falsified, I'm sure the pious Muslim owners of the website would very much love to know about this. You should write to them and ask if there's been some mistake to let such a terrible, awful report be approved for their site.

But let me give you some others:

Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported that a man came to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and said:
    I have a slave-girl who is our servant and she carries water for us and I have intercourse with her, but I do not want her to conceive. He said: Practise 'azl, if you so like, but what is decreed for her will come to her. The person stayed back (for some time) and then came and said: The girl has become pregnant, whereupon he said: I told you what was decreed for her would come to her.

حَدَّثَنَا أَحْمَدُ بْنُ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ يُونُسَ، حَدَّثَنَا زُهَيْرٌ، أَخْبَرَنَا أَبُو الزُّبَيْرِ، عَنْ جَابِرٍ، أَنَّ رَجُلاً، أَتَى رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ إِنَّ لِي جَارِيَةً هِيَ خَادِمُنَا وَسَانِيَتُنَا وَأَنَا أَطُوفُ عَلَيْهَا وَأَنَا أَكْرَهُ أَنْ تَحْمِلَ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ اعْزِلْ عَنْهَا إِنْ شِئْتَ فَإِنَّهُ سَيَأْتِيهَا مَا قُدِّرَ لَهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَلَبِثَ الرَّجُلُ ثُمَّ أَتَاهُ فَقَالَ إِنَّ الْجَارِيَةَ قَدْ حَبِلَتْ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ قَدْ أَخْبَرْتُكَ أَنَّهُ سَيَأْتِيهَا مَا قُدِّرَ لَهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference    : Sahih Muslim 1439 a
    In-book reference    : Book 16, Hadith 159
    USC-MSA web (English) reference    : Book 8, Hadith 3383
      (deprecated numbering scheme)

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported that mention was made of 'azl in the presence of Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) whereupon he said:
    Why do you practise it? They said: There is a man whose wife has to suckle the child, and if that person has a sexual intercourse with her (she may conceive) which he does not like, and there is another person who has a slave-girl and he has a sexual intercourse with her, but he does not like her to have conception so that she may not become Umm Walad, whereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: There is no harm if you do not do that, for that (the birth of the child) is something pre- ordained. Ibn 'Aun said: I made a mention of this hadith to Hasan, and he said: By Allah, (it seems) as if there is upbraiding in it (for 'azl).

وَحَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْمُثَنَّى، حَدَّثَنَا مُعَاذُ بْنُ مُعَاذٍ، حَدَّثَنَا ابْنُ عَوْنٍ، عَنْ مُحَمَّدٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ بِشْرٍ الأَنْصَارِيِّ، ‏.‏ قَالَ فَرَدَّ الْحَدِيثَ حَتَّى رَدَّهُ إِلَى أَبِي سَعِيدٍ الْخُدْرِيِّ قَالَ ذُكِرَ الْعَزْلُ عِنْدَ النَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم فَقَالَ ‏"‏ وَمَا ذَاكُمْ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالُوا الرَّجُلُ تَكُونُ لَهُ الْمَرْأَةُ تُرْضِعُ فَيُصِيبُ مِنْهَا وَيَكْرَهُ أَنْ تَحْمِلَ مِنْهُ وَالرَّجُلُ تَكُونُ لَهُ الأَمَةُ فَيُصِيبُ مِنْهَا وَيَكْرَهُ أَنْ تَحْمِلَ مِنْهُ ‏.‏ قَالَ ‏"‏ فَلاَ عَلَيْكُمْ أَنْ لاَ تَفْعَلُوا ذَاكُمْ فَإِنَّمَا هُوَ الْقَدَرُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ ابْنُ عَوْنٍ فَحَدَّثْتُ بِهِ الْحَسَنَ فَقَالَ وَاللَّهِ لَكَأَنَّ هَذَا زَجْرٌ ‏.‏

Reference    : Sahih Muslim 1438 g
    In-book reference    : Book 16, Hadith 153

so i get from your argument of quoting these hadiths that islam allow rape(sex without consent or fornication)Huh?Huh???

well what is your thougts on this?

Narrated By Jabir ibn Abdullah : Musaykah, a slave-girl of some Ansari, came and said: My master forces me to commit fornication. Thereupon the following verse was revealed: "But force not your maids to prostitution (when they desire chastity)." (Abu Dawud 12:2034).

The verse referred to in the above Hadith is Surah an-Nur 24:33, which prohibits men to force their maidens to prostitution. If they want to have sexual relations both have to agree.

Fataawa al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, Fataawa Islamiyyah, vol. 3, p. 190.
    the scholars say that one should not engage in ‘azl with a free woman except with her permission, because she
    has the right to have children. Moreover, withdrawing without her permission diminishes her pleasure, because
    the woman’s pleasure can only be completed after ejaculation. So not asking her permission causes her to lose
    out on pleasure and on the possibility of having children. Hence we state the condition that this may only be
    done with her permission.

Al-Tibb al-Nabawi, 183, from Jabir ibn Abd Allah:
    “the Messenger of Allah forbade from engaging in sexual intercourse before foreplay.”

now on top of all that do you know what Azl is? even in Arab world it's used as Arabic reference for condoms that men use in sex so women won't get pregnant

in conclusion the hadith you sited shows:
    men can have sex with women with Azl so they won't get pregnant but it doesn't show that men can FORCE themselves on women as i showed the hadith i sited

Reply #106 - October 13, 2014, 09:42 PM

you mean appease ..Nah...   AhmedZaid is a momin and in CEMBER group., he will not fall for my appeasement..  lol,,

hmmm what?
     Reply #107 - October 13, 2014, 09:43 PM

AhmedZaid9119 I am so glad that you became a very active member of CEMBER family.. But why this obsession with skype?  Why not write in to the forum? writing is permanent., Your writing will educate 100s of readers if not thousands .. But if you chit-chat on skype .. it is just for the day and  for one or few persons..  

Think about it.

because you have no Idea how i lost so much energy in this typing is hard and just i have to check for spelling errors each time while on Skype i get to bring my points in half of the time i did here however i have absolutely no problem in having my skype chat recorded and uploaded on youtube or the forms so everyone " 100s of readers if not thousands" can see it I'm not afraid of that
     Reply #108 - October 13, 2014, 09:46 PM

I believe on forum is better.
    So why you dont feel comfortable  when a member comes up with the subject of rape?
    Slavery , rape  the two are very much correlated.

I'm no lol i showed up on J&T show many times I'm not afraid of speaking my Ideas in public
     Reply #109 - October 13, 2014, 09:50 PM

Think about it.

lua thinks my writing is uneducated so?
     Reply #110 - October 13, 2014, 09:52 PM

because you have no Idea how i lost so much energy in this typing is hard and just i have to check for spelling errors each time while on Skype i get to bring my points in half of the time i did here however i have absolutely no problem in having my skype chat recorded and uploaded on youtube or the forms so everyone " 100s of readers if not thousands" can see it I'm not afraid of that

I see in Chat you can get away with all sorts mistakes., but in writing people will catch you.,  you got a point there,  but you see AhmedZaid,  i realized many Muslim kids and even  graduates have hard time to string  few words in to sentence and put them in proper format .  So my point is you will learn writing and you will learn English and you will not do spell mistakes if you write in to the forum .. and on the way you will teach your Islam to 100s of forum readers...

Reply #111 - October 13, 2014, 09:53 PM

Your writing is UNEDUCATED??  writing is uneducated?  Nah.. no nope.. well lua is wrong..

Reply #112 - October 13, 2014, 09:54 PM

First off, my point was to show you that slaves are lawful for intercourse without marriage. Also, it is my understanding that both 24:33 and your hadith are about prostitution. That says nothing about the slave owner demanding her to have sex or coercing her into it with his power position over her. And the azl part was not the important part at all, so I don't know why you'd even want to double check with me on that?

Also, hold up a second:

Moreover, withdrawing without her permission diminishes her pleasure, because
    the woman’s pleasure can only be completed after ejaculation. So not asking her permission causes her to lose
    out on pleasure and on the possibility of having children. Hence we state the condition that this may only be

That, my friend, is just not even close to true. Cheesy I don't even know how to tell you how wrong that is.
     Reply #113 - October 13, 2014, 09:56 PM

Where did I say that? When I gave you the advice that you will be taken more seriously and have an easier time communicating your points if you used basic grammar? That's just a fact. It's the advice I give to my husband, too, and all the ESL students I've ever tutored. Take it or leave it, it's for your benefit.
     Reply #114 - October 13, 2014, 10:02 PM

I'm no lol i showed up on J&T show many times I'm not afraid of speaking my Ideas in public

Fine.

Why does God allow  slavery in the first place?
     Reply #115 - October 13, 2014, 10:10 PM

Now, I know, I know, Ahmed. You're going to either reject this hadith or find some weird way of accepting it in the context. Here's the problem, Ahmed, and it's very much tied up in what happymurtad was saying at the very start.

Whether or not you realize it, Ahmed, this thread is full of indisputable reasons why your hypothesis is unsupported and your conclusions false. You've not given one reasonable explanation as to why slavery would be something forcefully imposed on people, why manumitting them is a charity, and why escaped slaves would have their prayers unaccepted by God until they return to their masters. In fact, there are hadith that tell of slaves escaping their owners, only to be recaptured later by the Muslims and returned to the slaveowner. Does this sound like slavery was for the benefit of the slave, Ahmed?

Let's face it. You don't have a lot of evidence on your side. Some hadith and some Quranic passages about treating the slaves well in certain regards (as well as you can treat someone whose freedom you deny and who you can lawfully have sex with) is not even close to enough to turn the tides on all of the issues we've pointed out for you here. Like I said, it's clear for any unbiased reader of the hadith or the Quran that not even Mohammad himself believed your hypothesis.

But I get you, Ahmed. I think we all get you, much better than you think we do. A lot of us have been in your place before. Many of us realized some things about Islam were just truly evil on the outside, and we sat around and came up with idea after idea, just like you're doing now, to try to explain why this was allowed in Islam, and coming up short.

You haven't ever concerned yourself before, not even for a minute of your life, with justifying slavery in any other culture, practiced by any other man for any other reason. The only reason you're grasping at straws trying to explain this historical case of slavery is that you need for there to be a good reason for it. You can't accept that there isn't. You so desperately want there to be a reason, so you're hanging onto this hypothesis even though it's been debunked dozens of ways in this thread so far.

I'm not telling you that you can't keep trying to find ways to make yourself feel good about the slavery Mohammad allowed and encouraged and engaged in. Knock yourself out. But if you're being intellectually honest, if you allow yourself a moment to sit down and actually think about the points you've heard today, you should realize that this idea of yours is beyond impossible. It is downright silly. It's my sincere advice that you think a little harder, and come up with one more probable.

lua i don't want this to turn in some sort of a fight

(Now, I know, I know, Ahmed. You're going to either reject this hadith or find some weird way of accepting it in the context. Here's the problem, Ahmed, and it's very much tied up in what happymurtad was saying at the very start.)

NO absolutely not i said that many times that i even lost count to it i ACCEPT ALL CRITISIZM all of it i accepted all the hadiths you sited i even called some of them problematic so why are you accusing me of saying i find weird way to twist it no i try to TAKE everything in the hadith the context and every word and dissect it and put it in logic scope and see the result so far no one convinsed me that there is a hadith that says you can have sex with a woman or a slave without her consent let alot no where in the sunnh there is except some hadiths that justifies some verses like 4:24 that says you are allowed to have sex with female slaves BUT doesn't say you are allowed to force yourself on her this ALLL goes back to 4:19

(Whether or not you realize it, Ahmed, this thread is full of indisputable reasons why your hypothesis is unsupported and your conclusions false. You've not given one reasonable explanation as to why slavery would be something forcefully imposed on people, why manumitting them is a charity, and why escaped slaves would have their prayers unaccepted by God until they return to their masters. In fact, there are hadith that tell of slaves escaping their owners, only to be recaptured later by the Muslims and returned to the slaveowner. Does this sound like slavery was for the benefit of the slave, Ahmed?)

do you know what hypothesis is?? hypothesis is generally not accepted when it face evidence for it it becomes a theory when it face evidence against it it REMAIN a hypothesis so you can't reject a hypothesis and basicly my hypothesis is about treated slaves kindly where in the hadith does it says you can do what evere you want to your slave or don't treat them kindly??? please show me
    plus lesson I'm not trying to degrade you or anyone else but from the moment i returned to islam after i left it and heard many arguments that want me to leave islam NONE of them was genuine or just not convincing and i was easily able to debunk it I'm not speaking now but before i came here in the first place

(But I get you, Ahmed. I think we all get you, much better than you think we do. A lot of us have been in your place before. Many of us realized some things about Islam were just truly evil on the outside, and we sat around and came up with idea after idea, just like you're doing now, to try to explain why this was allowed in Islam, and coming up short.)

No you don't because you don't know me you don't know how i left islam and what i went trough the Ahmed you are talking to now is different than the Ahmed before he left Islam now I'm more depressed than before and the days i went through when i left islam was like dark days of my life my emotions was flipping and my anxiety went crazy to the point of suicide attempts you don't know me so you can't say  you have been in my place

(You haven't ever concerned yourself before, not even for a minute of your life, with justifying slavery in any other culture, practiced by any other man for any other reason. The only reason you're grasping at straws trying to explain this historical case of slavery is that you need for there to be a good reason for it. You can't accept that there isn't. You so desperately want there to be a reason, so you're hanging onto this hypothesis even though it's been debunked dozens of ways in this thread so far.)

how many times i have to say this i don't justify slavery this is the last time i will say that however like i said you can't debunk a hypothesis and i already said it's not proven so you can't say it's debunked sense i already said that IN THE VERY POST I MADE that this is unproven rendering this comment you made futile but slaves treatment is better in islam than before it and the is an absolute fact that i showed here no one was able to debunk it the only verses about slaves you showed me is about slavery allowance and just one about sex that is all but no one was able to debunk the Hadiths about your slaves are your brothers and fear allah concerning your slaves and my slaved forced me to commit fornication (rape) therefore 24:33 was revealed and the hadiths about giving women the consent in marriage None of the hadiths i provided was debunked

and the last comment you accused me of being intellectually dishounest yet i said many many times that i accept all critisizm
     Reply #116 - October 13, 2014, 10:26 PM

First off, my point was to show you that slaves are lawful for intercourse without marriage. Also, it is my understanding that both 24:33 and your hadith are about prostitution. That says nothing about the slave owner demanding her to have sex or coercing her into it with his power position over her. And the azl part was not the important part at all, so I don't know why you'd even want to double check with me on that?

Also, hold up a second:
    Quote from: AhmedZaid9119 on Today at 09:41 PM
    Moreover, withdrawing without her permission diminishes her pleasure, because

That, my friend, is just not even close to true. Cheesy I don't even know how to tell you how wrong that is.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID HERE HOLD UP

(Fataawa al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, Fataawa Islamiyyah, vol. 3, p. 190.
    the scholars say that one should not engage in ‘azl with a free woman except with her permission, because she
    has the right to have children. Moreover, withdrawing without her permission diminishes her pleasure, because
    done with her permission

YOU SEE?Huh?Huh?Huh?? YOU SEE you misquoted me THIS IS NOT MY SENTENCE BUT RATHER A FATWA finmad so don't misquote me to show bad image in me here this is NOT WHAT I"M saying but what Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen, SAID also i see another misquotation here you only focused on (Moreover, withdrawing without her permission diminishes her pleasure, because the woman’s pleasure can only be completed after ejaculation. So not asking her permission causes her to loseout on pleasure and on the possibility of having children. Hence we state the condition that this may only be done with her permission.)

AND COMPLETLEY MISSED THE MOST important part (the scholars say that one should not engage in ‘azl with a free woman except with her permission,)

THAT IS THE SOLE REASON why i quoted this fatwa not the rest i quoted this to show that a man can't practice azil wihtout women permission

(First off, my point was to show you that slaves are lawful for intercourse without marriage. Also, it is my understanding that both 24:33 and your hadith are about prostitution. That says nothing about the slave owner demanding her to have sex or coercing her into it with his power position over her. And the azl part was not the important part at all, so I don't know why you'd even want to double check with me on that?)

your point is wrong and proven wrong with verse 24:33 and 4:19 read them and about prostitution if you refuse it because of it;s definition today as having sex but with money payment that is what it used to be before
    the sale of captives into slavery and prostitution
    from oxford dictionary 

the payment here is meant by pleasure NOT money
     Reply #117 - October 13, 2014, 10:29 PM

because the woman’s pleasure can only be completed after ejaculation.

Well, I can assure you that's not true. Grin
     Reply #118 - October 13, 2014, 10:29 PM

Wait...are you saying that your whole issue here is that you don't think it's possible to reject a hypothesis? A hypothesis doesn't just sit around forever getting consideration and being taken seriously just because someone blurted it out. Your job when you have a hypothesis is to test it and either find it supported or unsupported.

You kind of have this backwards, Ahmed. In many fields where the word "hypothesis" deserves to be used at all, you're never going to reach a point where it is proven to you beyond any possible doubt that the hypothesis is incorrect. Instead, it is your obligation, if you are intellectually honest, and, despite your protests, I will say that again, to accept more likely models than the flimsy ones that don't hold water. And your hypothesis does not hold water to say the very least. It doesn't stand up to any of the accusations or any of the criticisms that have been mentioned on this board. A hypothesis absolutely can be rejected. Most are. And yours should be, too.

No you don't because you don't know me you don't know how i left islam and what i went trough the Ahmed you are talking to now is different than the Ahmed before he left Islam now I'm more depressed than before and the days i went through when i left islam was like dark days of my life my emotions was flipping and my anxiety went crazy to the point of suicide attempts you don't know me so you can't say  you have been in my place

Definitely didn't mean to say that I've been actually experiencing all aspects of your life. I meant specifically with the subject we're talking about right now. A lot of us have been apologists. A lot of us have been saying the same sort of things you're saying.

And you seem to be taking issue with "intellectual dishonesty," but at least know that it's not a term I use flippantly, and it's a charge I myself have been extraordinarily guilty of in the past, back when I was trying to justify all the evils of Islam and package them as divine and moral. I'm not saying that you are, but I know that, if you sat down and really thought about how the weight of the evidence against your hypothesis is greater than the amount in support of it, you would reject this one as improbable, if not impossible, as well. It's not meant to cause you offence, but I truly believe this, and I'll stand by it.
     Reply #119 - October 13, 2014, 10:31 PM

Well, I can assure you that's not true. Grin

OMG READ THE POST I MADE THIS IS NOT MY ARGUMENT
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 ... 11 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »