Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 03:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 04:08 AM

New Britain
June 02, 2024, 05:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 02:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 03:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 08:51 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Shoes thrown at Bush

(Read 9322 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Shoes thrown at Bush
     Reply #30 - December 16, 2008, 12:58 PM

Shoe thrower 'beaten in custody'

The brother of the Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush has said that the reporter has been beaten in custody

Damn.
    I suspected as much.
    They wanted the cameramen to stop filming when it happened. They wanted to beat him there and then.
    Did you hear his cries?

The Americans, their puppets and traiters, are not even concerned that the world is watching to see how he will get treat.

I take the opposite view. The guy is extremely lucky he didn't get a bullet in his head. You can be sure Bush's security staff would have got a dressing down considering a second shoe was actually thrown.

Besides it seems if he did get a beating it would have been from the Maliki crowd and not Bush's as Maliki was more embarrassed about it than Bush.

And another point. Where were all these brave Iraqis when Saddam was in power.

If the reporter had thrown a shoe at Sadam, I would have expected him to be beaten up, or tortured, murdered, etc.
    Wasn't all this, eventually, about bringing freedom, justice, rule of law, to Iraq?

In such a freedom, you shouldn't get a bullet in the head for throwing a shoe, neither should you be beaten up, after the event.

If he's broken the law, charge him.
     Reply #31 - December 16, 2008, 01:22 PM

Shoe thrower 'beaten in custody'

The brother of the Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes at US President George W Bush has said that the reporter has been beaten in custody

Damn.
    I suspected as much.
    They wanted the cameramen to stop filming when it happened. They wanted to beat him there and then.
    Did you hear his cries?

The Americans, their puppets and traiters, are not even concerned that the world is watching to see how he will get treat.

I take the opposite view. The guy is extremely lucky he didn't get a bullet in his head. You can be sure Bush's security staff would have got a dressing down considering a second shoe was actually thrown.

Besides it seems if he did get a beating it would have been from the Maliki crowd and not Bush's as Maliki was more embarrassed about it than Bush.

And another point. Where were all these brave Iraqis when Saddam was in power.

If the reporter had thrown a shoe at Sadam, I would have expected him to be beaten up, or tortured, murdered, etc.
    Wasn't all this, eventually, about bringing freedom, justice, rule of law, to Iraq?

In such a freedom, you shouldn't get a bullet in the head for throwing a shoe, neither should you be beaten up, after the event.

If he's broken the law, charge him.

Throwing a shoe at someone is an assault and is against the law.

Naomi Campbell was prosecuted and now has a criminal record for something very similar.
     Reply #32 - December 16, 2008, 01:42 PM

Throwing a shoe at someone is an assault and is against the law.

Naomi Campbell was prosecuted and now has a criminal record for something very similar.

I think a cellphone would hurt more.

Unless the guy was wearing cleats.  Afro

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #33 - December 16, 2008, 05:41 PM

I actually find this whole episode rather heartening . If people are protesting by throwing footwear , and the americans are managing not to shoot people who chuck stuff at their president , maybe things really are getting better over there .
     Reply #34 - December 16, 2008, 06:28 PM

http://www.sockandawe.com/

Cheesy

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I remain.
     Reply #35 - December 16, 2008, 07:55 PM

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving OUTGOING president.

Personally, I'd like to see Bush in court defending himself against charges of treason.

Reply #36 - December 18, 2008, 02:01 PM

Cheesy

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #37 - December 18, 2008, 03:30 PM

I actually find this whole episode rather heartening . If people are protesting by throwing footwear , and the americans are managing not to shoot people who chuck stuff at their president , maybe things really are getting better over there .

Ah but, no but - the poor guy has had a hiding in prison or on the way there by all accounts and now has fractured ribs and a broken arm. This augurs well for justice in the new Iraq.
    Anyway, nice to see Bush appreciated in this way. Pity it wasn't a summons being served from the Hague for war-crimes, instead of a pair of size tens.

Religion is ignorance giftwrapped in lyricism.
     Reply #38 - December 19, 2008, 01:53 PM

Palestinian offers shoe-throwing reporter a bride
    NABLUS, West Bank – The head of a large West Bank family wants to reward the Iraqi journalist who lobbed his shoes at President George W. Bush by sending him a bride.

Ahmad Salim Judeh says if journalist Muntadhar al-Zeidi is interested the family is willing to send one of their daughters to Iraq along with her dowry.

The 75-year-old Judeh says doing so "would be our honor." He also said Friday that the 500-member clan had raised $30,000 for al-Zeidi's legal defense.

Al-Zeidi has become something of a folk hero in the Middle East since throwing his shoes at Bush at a Baghdad press conference Sunday. News stations across the Arab world have repeatedly shown footage of the incident.

Al-Zeidi is unmarried.

Women are just a prize to be given away  Roll Eyes

I was not blessed with the ability to have blind faith. I cant beleive something just because someone says its true.
     Reply #39 - December 20, 2008, 05:41 AM

Shit, if he'd flashed his arse at Bush they'd be offering him four daughters. Roll Eyes 

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #40 - December 20, 2008, 06:03 AM

That or if the shoes connected.

I chose to get circumcised at 17, don't tell me I never believed.
     Reply #41 - December 20, 2008, 06:05 AM

If I was Bush I would have hoiked the shoes back at the sod and told the cops to let him go.  yes

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »