Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
by zeca
Today at 06:51 AM

Marcion and the introduct...
by zeca
July 03, 2024, 05:35 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
June 30, 2024, 10:43 PM

France Muslims were in d...
June 30, 2024, 08:06 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
June 26, 2024, 11:07 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 26, 2024, 03:53 AM

Eid Al-Adha
by akay
June 26, 2024, 03:50 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 24, 2024, 02:38 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
June 24, 2024, 07:45 AM

Qur'anic studies today
June 20, 2024, 06:24 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
June 17, 2024, 01:00 PM

Jesus mythicism
by zeca
June 15, 2024, 10:14 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Oh muslim women,Be Boring!

(Read 13474 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Oh muslim women,Be Boring!
     OP - September 12, 2009, 12:01 PM

How hijab has changed over time P1 & P2

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=149351854622

someone`s personal thoughts about fashion hijab, thought i would share it with u guys so i donot get pissed off alone Tongue

Posted by In Sha' Allaah Shaheed Blogger:

Part 1

Any Muslim who goes to the Masjid, MSA, Islamic conference or any gathering that involves Muslim women will have noticed that Hijab is leaving the fold of its purpose and entering into a type of fashion. Instead of ?who looks the most pious?, it?s now ?who looks the most prettiest?.

I know I am not the only person who has noticed this.

Hijab is meant to enforce and push the concept of haya? (shyness) to a level that the Kuffar can?t reach. But now, we see a lot of our sisters dragging Hijab down to the level of the Kuffar to the extent that when it comes to even the personality type and behavior of the Hijabi, it would be no different from the Kafir?s if she were to stop wearing Hijab.

But I don?t want to talk about the personality type right now. I just want to focus on the actual clothing.

Black or white. Those are colors which these sisters will say, ?it?s a boring color?? as if the command of Allah can be fashioned into something that is more attractive looking.

However, the irony of it all is that I?ve come across sisters who will actually defend this behavior and fashionable hijab. What?s the argument? ?Why are you looking in the first place?? or ?You should lower your gaze?.

My simple question to them is: ?Why wear something that will make men look? Is that not attracting Shaytan?s temptation??

Part 2

I know it?s a touchy issue, but I always enjoy healthy discussions. I hope no one takes offense and gets emotional on the subject. There?s no need to, especially since we are believers and are discussing an issue that?s not even related to Shirk or Kufr; but just a simple command from Allah. Anyways, It?s best to respond with solid evidences and open-minded discussions.

Now with this issue of fashion Hijab, there are some more points to be made.

The first is marriage. When the sister gets married to a pious husband - may Allah protect you from the Madkhali?s - the husband, in many cases, is going to feel weird inside when he sees his wife wearing a hijab outside that causes other brothers to wonder who this attractive sister is. Quiet a few friends of mines have expressed that to me. The way they resolved these feelings with their wives was through simple and honest dialog. If the wife loves her husband enough, she would discuss with an open mind and they would most likely come to an agreement. For example, a friend of mines has a wife that used to wear ?fashion hijab?. After talking over the issue with her for many days, she now only wears a black niqab with a black jilbab. You?ll never see her wearing anything else. And alhamdullilah, she?s content (from what my friend says).

So my sisters (who are single), when you get married to a pious brother (who is not a bootlicking Talafi), In Sha? Allah, there?s a very good chance you will be having that same exact discussion with him.

What would change a ?fashion wearing? hijabi to a full-fledged plain black Niqabi?

It is many things. Things like al-Iman, Daleel, concern for her husband?s feelings, and sometimes even the very adventure of obeying Allah openly. Sometimes I think about the sisters of Lal Masjid that were massacred. And I think about the images of the thousands of niqab/burka wearing sisters that command the good and forbid the evil. If I try to replace that image with thousands of sisters that wear ?fashion hijab?, something seems out of place?

I am not judging a sister for wearing a Hijab. Not at all. In fact, most of the good brothers I know of got married to a Hijabi (who then later became Niqabi). There?s nothing wrong for a brother to choose a ?fashion hijabi? in marriage.

But what I am saying is that since the purpose of hijab is to achieve haya? and to escape from the world of ?looking good?, it makes more sense for a sister to be a niqabi.

Now, I know wearing Niqab is not easy for sisters. Many people have expressed that much before me. I know this is going to sound weird coming from a guy, but bare with me.

I tried an experiment at my work place once upon a time. For the first few months, I didn?t wear a Kufi. When I started wearing one, the reaction of people changed all around me, dramatically (maybe they recognized who I was). Jokes aside though, my Iman increased with just this extra layer of cloth on my head. I know of stories of brothers who didn?t have beards to begin with. After growing their beards like Shaykh Usama and growing out their hair like Abu Mansoor al-Amriki, the reaction of the people naturally changed.

So with every layer of cloth added on a sister, it should, In Sha? Allah, increase her Iman if her goal is the pleasure of Allah.

Now, the question comes, what?s a fashion hijabi? It can be a sister that has any of these traits in her appearance:

1. Makeup
    2. Pants which reveal the shape of her legs
    3. Tops which reveal the shape of her upper body
    4. Hijab which doesn?t cover the neck or ears or hair (if a sister?s hijab has all of these 3 traits in one? that?s not good)
    5. Shoes which are high heels or reveal the feet
    6. Colors of the Hijab which are unnecessarily bright and enhances the beauty of the sister (you know, the neon Highlighter colors).
    7. Putting on perfume when going out
    8. Plucking eyebrows

The Arabic word, ?At-Tabarruj? means not only ?to display oneself? but also ?to spruce up one?s charms for the purpose of exciting desire?.

Imam Adh-Dhahabi says in his book Kitab Al-Kaba?ir (The Book of Major Sins):

?Amongst the deeds which a woman is cursed for are displaying the adornments she wears, wearing perfume when she goes out, and wearing colorful clothes?? Hence, the Muslim woman is encouraged to wear muted, somber colors and to avoid bright designs, patterns and colors.

All of these things I have mentioned have their specific ruling in the Shari?ah. If you?re interested in learning more about any of them, just let me know.

Sometimes we allow our personalities to define us as opposed to the Sunnah. So a brother likes to be ?sporty?, thus he?ll have a thin beard. That?s crossing the boundaries of Shari?ah. Style in appearance is permitted as long as it doesn?t contradict the Sunnah. Some sisters tend to take that statement a little far. That?s my argument on the fashion hijabi?s.

By Allah, what are my sisters worried about? The Mujahideen want to marry pious sisters that are worried about their Akhira and cover as much as possible so that it makes it harder for them to entire the Hellfire. The Mujahidoon and their supporters have deep love for sisters who cover extra. Sisters, don?t you want to be loved by the Awliya? of Allah? Don?t you want to be on their side? Naturally, we do it for Allah, but it doesn?t hurt to use this as an incentive to gain nearness to Allah.

Tomorrow I would like to address the issue of the fear of being stared at, being called names, marriage and wearing niqab vs. being single and wearing niqab, and alienation.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأن محمدآ عبده ورسوله
  • Re: Oh muslim women,Be Boring!
     Reply #1 - September 12, 2009, 12:09 PM

pffff. Wearing an all black garb in a Middle eastern country allways sounded like torture to me. But hey, If Mo says so... Mos allways right... *puke* finmad

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves." - from Goethes Faust
    "Only the wisest and the stupidest men never change." - Confuzios
    "there is no religion of peace, only people who are peaceful while being religious."
     Reply #2 - September 12, 2009, 12:12 PM

How hijab has changed over time P1 & P2

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=149351854622

someone`s personal thoughts about fashion hijab, thought i would share it with u guys so i donot get pissed off alone Tongue

cant find the post?

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #3 - September 12, 2009, 12:16 PM

cant find the post?

fixed it . pasted the whole thing  grin12

Reply #4 - September 12, 2009, 12:22 PM

Exactly - a fashionable hijab/wearing make-up underneath it, is a complete contradiction. 

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #5 - September 12, 2009, 12:43 PM

Sheesh!  There's no pleasing these people! 

When you're a Muslim woman, you just can't win!  finmad

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #6 - September 12, 2009, 12:49 PM

Sheesh!  There's no pleasing these people!  

When you're a Muslim woman, you just can't win!  finmad

Yes but sister, you're just not understanding true aqeedah... by losing, you're actually winning, by hiding, you're showing yourself to be worthy of being hidden, by being submissive, you are showing your people's supremacy, by never questioning or criticising your traditions and beliefs, you are showing you're a logical, rational person. You see, everyday is opposite-day!  
    banana dance banana dance banana dance

Oh look at what the religion of peace dragged in:

It is time that Muslim began learning to ?speak? the?language? of their enemies. Malcolm X raheema?Allah once said in one of his famous speeches that when it came to dealing with the enemies of the African American people, specifically the Ku Klux Klan, you have to learn to ?speak? their ?language?. With rape, murder, lynching, bombings, arson, kidnapping, threats, etc. the Ku Klux Klan made it very clear what their ?language? was. So Malcolm X simply said to learn this ?language? of your enemy so when that enemy comes to ?talk? than you and them can ?understand? one another.

The same thing can be said now for us as Muslim. The next time some group of kuffar thugs want to ?talk?, speak their ?language?. Go ahead and ?dialogue? with them and help them ?understand? what Islam is all about. Insha?Allah I think we get the picture.

We will do our best insha?Allah to continue to update on this case and others and if you receive any authentic stories of Muslims being attacked or abused than please let us know and we will bring attention to them insha?Allah. Now is the time for action my brothers and sisters so learn the ?language? of your enemy and may Allah keep us firm upon that which is the truth.

This is from one of their other notes.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #7 - September 12, 2009, 12:54 PM

Yes but sister, you're just not understanding true aqeedah... by losing, you're actually winning, by hiding, you're showing yourself to be worthy of being hidden, by being submissive, you are showing your people's supremacy, by never questioning or criticising your traditions and beliefs, you are showing you're a logical, rational person. You see, everyday is opposite-day!  
    banana dance banana dance banana dance

Oh look at what the religion of peace dragged in:

This is from one of their other notes.

Omg! did u read the comments on that link u posted ! i never knew this hadeeth existed :S

Book 019, Hadith Number 4321.

Chapter : Permissibility of killing women and children in the night raids, provided it is not deliberate.... Read More

It is reported on the authority of Sa'b b. Jaththama that the Prophet of Allah (may peace be upon him), when asked about the women and children of the polytheists being killed during the night raid, said: THEY ARE FROM THEM.

Reply #8 - September 12, 2009, 01:00 PM

Yuppers... after reading that note and the comments, seems they're just begging to be reported to facebook for spreading hate and inciting violence.  Baseball bat

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #9 - September 12, 2009, 01:04 PM

Yuppers... after reading that note and the comments, seems they're just begging to be reported to facebook for spreading hate and inciting violence.  Baseball bat

i was thinking the same!
    and i dont know how come i never seen these hadeeths b4 !! they are supposed to be authentic even!! am in shock :(

Reply #10 - September 12, 2009, 01:16 PM

Chapter : Permissibility of killing women and children in the night raids, provided it is not deliberate.... Read More

Islam is religion of contradiction, just below that Hadith in al-Bhukari the Prophet disaproved it:

usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/hadith/bukhari/052.sbt.html#004.052.256

Reply #11 - September 12, 2009, 02:37 PM

Where is the " Allah beautiful and loves beauty" from all of this?

Reply #12 - September 12, 2009, 06:18 PM

I would just like to point out that the original blogger, Inshaallah Shaheed, is a notorious jihadi blogger who has been investigated not only by American journalists, but by the FBI and other authorities.  And you know what?  That motherfucking loser blogs out of his parents' basement.  Any women who support him and go along with him are likely to be those dumbass women who believe in the jihadi movement and support it (or even take part in it) and then when their men are arrested are all 'Boo hoo, Muslims are harassed by the kuffar authorities!  We didn't do anything!' A recent example of this is Sabrina Boyd.

[this space for rent]
     Reply #13 - September 12, 2009, 06:22 PM

Exactly - a fashionable hijab/wearing make-up underneath it, is a complete contradiction. 

Only if you think the woman is wearing the scarf for Islamic reasons.  The scarf is the scarf, it doesn't have to be about Islam.  A lot of girls are doing it now because it's become the fashion - yes that is stupid, but it is what it is. No one said fashion trends were intelligent.  Come on, we used to see girls with a scarf on going in public, holding hands etc with their boyfriends - in a Muslim country.  Not to mention  you have that stone age mentality in some of the parents of 'Wear hijab so you can get a husband' and the girl rebels by wearing it with makeup, elbow length sleeves and whatever she can get away with.  Which is sad because no one in our parents' generation except for farmers was wearing the hijab when they were in their teens and 20s. In our country there was a division in the universities between girls who don't wear scarf & the ones who wear fashion hijab and the ones in jilbab and niqab, and the latter group would treat the former like garbage, say things to them as they walk past, etc. 

[this space for rent]
     Reply #14 - September 12, 2009, 07:37 PM

Only if you think the woman is wearing the scarf for Islamic reasons.  The scarf is the scarf, it doesn't have to be about Islam.  A lot of girls are doing it now because it's become the fashion - yes that is stupid, but it is what it is. No one said fashion trends were intelligent.  Come on, we used to see girls with a scarf on going in public, holding hands etc with their boyfriends - in a Muslim country.  Not to mention  you have that stone age mentality in some of the parents of 'Wear hijab so you can get a husband' and the girl rebels by wearing it with makeup, elbow length sleeves and whatever she can get away with.  Which is sad because no one in our parents' generation except for farmers was wearing the hijab when they were in their teens and 20s. In our country there was a division in the universities between girls who don't wear scarf & the ones who wear fashion hijab and the ones in jilbab and niqab, and the latter group would treat the former like garbage, say things to them as they walk past, etc. 

True :S i was encouraged to wear hijab even b4 my mom did , when it started to look nice and colorful.. i never liked the traditional hijabi look ..
    if it wasnot for amro khaled , maybe i would have never been religious at all , he made islam look modern and easy to follow.

Reply #15 - September 12, 2009, 08:16 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about how boring Muslim women are in bed. Disappointed.............with the the thread and Muslim women in bed.

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #16 - September 12, 2009, 08:16 PM

Goes to show all those girls wearing fashionable hijabs, make up etc, and going around feeling so proud and high above everyone for being a muslim don't really like what islam teaches, they just wont hear it when you tell them that islam says no to all that. I have aunts and cousins like that. Then again I've heard that the hijab/niqab isn't actually compulsory in islam, is that true?

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #17 - September 12, 2009, 08:25 PM

Then again I've heard that the hijab/niqab isn't actually compulsory in islam, is that true?

It tells you to do it in the Quran, not sure if that means its compulsary or not.. you're guess is as good as mine

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #18 - September 12, 2009, 08:45 PM

It tells you to do it in the Quran, not sure if that means its compulsary or not.. you're guess is as good as mine

Thanks

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #19 - September 12, 2009, 09:27 PM

I thought this thread was going to be about how boring Muslim women are in bed. Disappointed.............with the the thread and Muslim women in bed.

You people are obsessed with sex on this fine Ramadhan day.

[this space for rent]
     Reply #20 - September 12, 2009, 09:29 PM

this forum is always obsessed with sex, must be a lot of sexually repressed people around these areas.... Tongue
     Reply #21 - September 12, 2009, 09:30 PM

Goes to show all those girls wearing fashionable hijabs, make up etc, and going around feeling so proud and high above everyone for being a muslim don't really like what islam teaches, they just wont hear it when you tell them that islam says no to all that. I have aunts and cousins like that. Then again I've heard that the hijab/niqab isn't actually compulsory in islam, is that true?

It's compulsory unless you follow the apologetics version of Islam.
     Reply #22 - September 12, 2009, 09:33 PM

Just learnt to associate most threads on here with sex.

Also yes I suppose I am a bit obsessed with sex, does that mean I'm repressed ? No.

Take the Pakman challenge and convince me there is a God and Mo was not a murdering, power hungry sex maniac.
     Reply #23 - September 12, 2009, 09:35 PM

that was a joke pakman Tongue
     Reply #24 - September 12, 2009, 09:35 PM

Until today, there is unanimity among the scholars of Islam that hijab - all but face and hands covered - is obligatory.  They support it with two verses from the Quran and a few hadith.  Niqab was considered obligatory by the majority of sunni scholars up until about a century ago.  If you look at the old rulings you still see that, but your Qaradawis of today are not going to say that. Only the scholars who are really reactionary and retrograde, like your Deobandis or something, they'll tell you it's obligatory either from the sunna of the female sahaba or from the principle of 'preventing the means' (in this case, preventing the means to widespread public orgies).  Your average MCB / ISNA hack is going to tell you it's sunnah.  Just an example of how Islam has been influenced by political and cultural movements (secular nationalism and communism in the Muslim world) and is not unchanging and standing 'against trends' like Muslims claim.

Only progressivists now are saying that hijab is not part of the Quran and sunnah, at least as far as it being obligatory.  I personally don't know if they have a leg to stand on, linguistically and grammatically in their interpretations, but I support them for a variety of reasons.

[this space for rent]
     Reply #25 - September 12, 2009, 09:38 PM

Not necessarily. A lot of women may wear a hijab simply as a symbol; a symbol of who they are, and a symbol to show that they are not interested in men. They may still want to look nice.

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #26 - September 12, 2009, 09:39 PM

that was a joke pakman Tongue

Obsessions with sex is a great thing Peru.

Reply #27 - September 12, 2009, 09:42 PM

lol you don't need to tell me that Tongue
     Reply #28 - September 12, 2009, 09:46 PM

Oh yes I forgot......you give and recieve mail via the back door

Reply #29 - September 12, 2009, 09:47 PM

Cheesy I wonder what the next step of kinkiness is after that Tongue
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »