Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
Today at 08:47 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 04, 2024, 03:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 03, 2024, 04:08 AM

New Britain
June 02, 2024, 05:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
June 02, 2024, 02:12 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
June 01, 2024, 03:35 PM

General chat & discussion...
May 31, 2024, 08:51 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 26, 2024, 09:19 AM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 25, 2024, 05:42 AM

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
May 20, 2024, 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I think it is time for me to leave Islam

(Read 40230 times)
  • 12 3 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I think it is time for me to leave Islam
     OP - March 29, 2010, 08:17 PM

Im 17 years old, My name is Anisa Khan. My farther has recently passed away after i prayed and prayed towards God, but he ignored them. God made my life horrible and painfull which i hate. I have witnessed my farther die right in front of my eyes. I cannot beleive God had done this I never made many sins i used to be really good and proud of being a muslim. But one thing on my dads Jannazah my whole family kept saying "Allah Ne Marzi" I thought yes its Gods fault if it wasn't for him I'd still have a dad & scince then ive been having doubt on the existence of God.
  • Re: I think it is time for me to leave Islam
     Reply #1 - March 29, 2010, 08:23 PM

I am sorry for your loss :(

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #2 - March 29, 2010, 08:28 PM

thank you. he was the best dad in the world  Cry
     Reply #3 - March 29, 2010, 08:28 PM

Welcome to the forum anisa200, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, that sounds so sad.

Reply #4 - March 29, 2010, 08:31 PM

thank you, im sure i'll make very good friends with you all.
     Reply #5 - March 29, 2010, 08:33 PM

Sorry to hear about your father, and my best wishes to you and the rest of your family.  Smiley

In all fairness to mythical gods though, no religion promises immortality in this world. So death in itself is not a particularly good argument against any religion. They all have explanations for it.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #6 - March 29, 2010, 08:34 PM

Im 17 years old, My name is Anisa Khan. My farther has recently passed away after i prayed and prayed towards God, but he ignored them. God made my life horrible and painfull which i hate. I have witnessed my farther die right in front of my eyes. I cannot beleive God had done this I never made many sins i used to be really good and proud of being a muslim. But one thing on my dads Jannazah my whole family kept saying "Allah Ne Marzi" I thought yes its Gods fault if it wasn't for him I'd still have a dad & scince then ive been having doubt on the existence of God.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father and the emotions and feelings you are experiencing as a result of his absence from your life.

I truly believe that, even if only privately, most people will ask the questions that you are asking now at some stage of their life.

And I think that everyone here has experienced the same moment of doubt that you are at the moment, and understands the difficulties and complexities of this loss of faith, and continues to ask the questions that you are asking now.

I hope you find strength now in your time of mourning - and remember, this forum will always be here whenever you need to express your emotions and feelings about your faith and belief.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #7 - March 29, 2010, 08:36 PM

thank you billy and osmanthus, billy your so kind thanks for that made me fell better
     Reply #8 - March 29, 2010, 08:42 PM

Welcome to the forum Anisa

I'm very sorry for you loss. I imagine it must be hard for you and I hope that time heals your emotional wounds. Remember that you will always have memories of your dad, memories that no one or god can take from you.

Feel free to share here. Talking about it can only help ease your sadness.
     Reply #9 - March 29, 2010, 08:44 PM

Thank You Iraqi Athiest your words have made me realize there are people that care and that will take time out to listen to me.
     Reply #10 - March 29, 2010, 08:54 PM

Welcome anisa Smiley

I'm very sorry to hear about your father :( But you will find this is a good place to vent your frustrations and doubts with god and religion.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #11 - March 29, 2010, 08:59 PM

Welcome Anisa. far away hug

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #12 - March 29, 2010, 10:42 PM

hey, welcome. so where are you from? that sounds like pushto your family was speaking.
     Reply #13 - March 29, 2010, 10:55 PM

deeply sorry for your loss...
     far away hug
    welcome..
     Reply #14 - March 30, 2010, 12:09 AM

welcome!  Afro

Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense. - Voltaire
     Reply #15 - March 30, 2010, 12:16 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. 

[this space for rent]
     Reply #16 - March 30, 2010, 01:57 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss. :( I hope you stick around with us and learn and prosper with us, as I have and many have.  Smiley
     Reply #17 - March 30, 2010, 04:49 AM

I am sorry for your loss anisa.

Hi and welcome.
     Reply #18 - March 30, 2010, 05:03 AM

I'm really sorry for your loss. I do know what it feels like and I also recognise the anger that you feel with God.

If there is an all-knowing and all-powerful God then we are all quite justified in feeling angry with him for making us suffer, since this is all part of an all powerful and all-knowing God's divine plan - and to put his creatures through such terrible pain and disaster without giving them any good reason for it is surely very cruel.

Although Oz is right that suffering and pain in itself is not a particularly good argument against religion - Unlike Oz - I believe it highlights a question that religion does not have an adequate answer.

When billions of human beings are forced to suffer terrible pain and tragedy - children drowned in Tsunamis, mothers crushed in Earthquakes, babies born with genetical defects and loved ones snatched through illness and disease - and then say "It's OK, I needed to test you - and I will give you a really happy life in the next life." - Is just not good enough!

If you force someone to endure the unendurable and bear the unbearable - and then say to  them "I have a very good reason, but I can't tell you yet!" - that is unacceptable. No amount of divine reward can make up for the losses and cruel tragedies one has been forced to suffer in this world. And the thought that God might somehow erase those memories or somehow compensate by bringing loved ones back to us - doesn't cut it in my book.

For me, suffering poses a big question about God - and a very valid one!

Reply #19 - March 30, 2010, 05:13 AM

Hope you can  manage to summon up the strength required to get you through this difficult time..  tell us about yourself, how long you have had doubts, if you shared them and how you found us

My Book     news002       
    My Blog  pccoffee
     Reply #20 - March 30, 2010, 06:57 AM

I am not sorry for you.
    I am sorry for everyone else who will never get the privilege to meet your father and know him as well as you do.

His knowledge is part of you: you'll always carry him with you as long as you have memory... be happy for that.

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #21 - March 30, 2010, 07:03 AM

Hello Anisa, I hope you can find some happiness soon to relieve your pain.

However, I would like to say, and I mean no offense at all by this, it seems as if you are making an emotional decision to give up on Allah because you felt he gave up on you. Believe me, I don't think Allah exists either but everyone dies and as a muslim you cannot blame Allah for what he has promised to do numerous times throughout the Quran.
    There are plenty of reasons for thinking Allah is a fraud, but i'm sorry to say, the death of a relative is not one of them. I hope this doesn't sound harsh, I don't want to antagonise you as I can understand you are going through a tough time but death is the only guarantee that Allah ever lives up to - if anything, as a muslim before the death, you should believe in him more for keeping this promise.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #22 - March 30, 2010, 07:05 AM

I'm so sorry you had to go through this far away hug
     Reply #23 - March 30, 2010, 07:06 AM

Hello Anisa, I hope you can find some happiness soon to relieve your pain.

However, I would like to say, and I mean no offense at all by this, it seems as if you are making an emotional decision to give up on Allah because you felt he gave up on you. Believe me, I don't think Allah exists either but everyone dies and as a muslim you cannot blame Allah for what he has promised to do numerous times throughout the Quran.
    There are plenty of reasons for thinking Allah is a fraud, but i'm sorry to say, the death of a relative is not one of them. I hope this doesn't sound harsh, I don't want to antagonise you as I can understand you are going through a tough time but death is the only guarantee that Allah ever lives up to - if anything, as a muslim before the death, you should believe in him more for keeping this promise.

Pain and suffering don't increase your faith in god.
     Reply #24 - March 30, 2010, 07:08 AM

Perhaps this is going ot, but I think there is a good case for the argument peruvianskies.
    God promises death, God delivers death. The promise is fulfilled, whether you like it or not, god is living up to herself.

Reply #25 - March 30, 2010, 07:10 AM

You are simplifying the situation faaar too much. She didn't leave Islam because someone dropped dead. There's a lot more to it then that. Hassan put it quite well above.
     Reply #26 - March 30, 2010, 07:19 AM

I think there are two separate issues here.

I am saying that God promises and delivers death, the fact of death alone should not be reason to disbelieve in God and if anything, should make you believe in God even more. If I am not mistaken, the op states that the death of her father "even after all the praying" makes her doubt God - I think this is a fallacy, God shouldn't be doubted here because God is doing exactly what God says God will do.

However, you can accept that death is a promise of God but still question the ethics of the matter. This is a different point and this is the one that Hassan refers to. Yes, God promises death and yes, God delivers death but perhaps the suffering that accompanies this death can raise a separate argument against the goodness of God. You can't argue against God because of suffering, you can only argue against God's goodness and this again shouldn't lead you to question the existence of God, just the ethics that God is working with. However, once you accept that reality has both pain and happiness and so God is both good and evil you can doubt the existence of a God but not have a clear-cut case against her. The op didn't say that the suffering in the world seems to allude to a lack of higher ethical divinity but said that the very death itself made her doubt God. I, at least, don't think such a statement can be made.

Reply #27 - March 30, 2010, 07:28 AM

I see your point however do you really think that this is an appropriate time and place to discuss such issues?
     Reply #28 - March 30, 2010, 07:32 AM

I think there are two separate issues here.

I am saying that God promises and delivers death, the fact of death alone should not be reason to disbelieve in God and if anything, should make you believe in God even more. If I am not mistaken, the op states that the death of her father "even after all the praying" makes her doubt God - I think this is a fallacy, God shouldn't be doubted here because God is doing exactly what God says God will do.

However, you can accept that death is a promise of God but still question the ethics of the matter. This is a different point and this is the one that Hassan refers to. Yes, God promises death and yes, God delivers death but perhaps the suffering that accompanies this death can raise a separate argument against the goodness of God. You can't argue against God because of suffering, you can only argue against God's goodness and this again shouldn't lead you to question the existence of God, just the ethics that God is working with. However, once you accept that reality has both pain and happiness and so God is both good and evil you can doubt the existence of a God but not have a clear-cut case against her. The op didn't say that the suffering in the world seems to allude to a lack of higher ethical divinity but said that the very death itself made her doubt God. I, at least, don't think such a statement can be made.

I hardly think the OP is in the state of mind to start dishing out the philosophical reasons about her doubt. She just wants some comfort, not a debate. This is hardly the time nor place to start questioning her logic.
     Reply #29 - March 30, 2010, 07:32 AM

I of course, don't want to hurt any feelings here and if the mods feel it is inappropriate they can delete my comments or split them off into a separate thread - I would understand completely.

• 12 3 ... 8 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »