Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
October 04, 2024, 01:18 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
October 03, 2024, 12:57 PM

New Britain
October 02, 2024, 07:07 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
September 29, 2024, 07:32 AM

AMRIKAAA Land of Free .....
September 15, 2024, 09:35 PM

Tariq Ramadan Accused of ...
September 11, 2024, 01:37 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
September 11, 2024, 01:01 PM

France Muslims were in d...
September 05, 2024, 03:21 PM

What's happened to the fo...
September 05, 2024, 12:00 PM

German nationalist party ...
September 04, 2024, 03:54 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
August 25, 2024, 11:52 AM

The origins of Judaism
by zeca
August 18, 2024, 01:03 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Deadly attack on office of French magazine Charlie Hebdo

(Read 85440 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 12 13 1415 16 ... 20 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Deadly attack on office of French magazine Charlie Hebdo
     Reply #390 - January 15, 2015, 01:05 AM

Muslim responses:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30812155

I want a copy of the 'Survivors edition'. Anyone know how?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #391 - January 15, 2015, 08:39 AM

Sunni Islam’s most prestigious center of learning Al-Azhar said “Islam denounces any violence.”

No it fucking doesn't. Jesus fucking Christ I'm so tired of this bullshit! Are these people even talking about the same religion I was brought up in???

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #392 - January 15, 2015, 10:55 AM

No Naerys, no they are not.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #393 - January 15, 2015, 12:20 PM

Danish cartoonist Adam's response:

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #394 - January 15, 2015, 12:50 PM

Here in Romania we had a very good cover of Charlie Hebdo affair.
    Many newsletters showed the cartoons with the prophet Muhammad, TV stations also.

At one TV show they brought an ortodox priest and an imam (the president o Romanian Council of Muslims).

I want to say that both were in the same boat, like brothers, with absolutely condemning the murder of cartoonists, but in the same time saying that freedom of expressions should not extend to offend religion or religion symbols like Jesus or Mo . grin12 I should argue that the ortodox priest was even more radical, what an idiot... The imam of course tried to explain how Islam has nothing to do with all Charlie Hebdo affair. You know this sound...

At another TV station a lampoonist showed 2 Charlie Hebdo cartoons. After that he said that Quran is a shit of a book and then that Islam is a shit of religion, an idiocy, a stupidity which fools and brainwash people. He said many times and argued a lot on this, I couldn't believe myself. Well, he also argued that all religions are stupid ideology but Islam is the worst. Which thing is worst, naming Quran or Islam a shit?

Now the Council of Monitorizing Broadcast charged him with a 4500 € fine for allegedly insulting Romanian Christmas traditions and inciting hatred against Islam and Muslims population. To be honest it wasn't the case, he didn't say something about muslims, he made a point about Islam.

The president of Romanian Council of Muslims is saying now that he will go to court. I really hope that this will remain national and if the Romanian Council of Muslims will lose or their case will be dismissed by the judge, they don't go international and make a Danish cartoon of this. In this case I will really fear for this guy's life.

Reply #395 - January 15, 2015, 01:10 PM

b]Which thing is worst[/b], naming Quran or Islam a shit?

Neither. Mocking Muhammad is.

Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #396 - January 15, 2015, 01:18 PM

What do you expect if you insult Islam?' British hate preacher BACKS the Paris massacres and tells his followers 'Britain is the enemy of Islam'  says News from that Daily Mail

well watch videos at that link

and watch the fool at this link..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd-eINbDoXI

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #397 - January 15, 2015, 01:39 PM

(Clicky for piccy!)

Very good cartoon. I like intelligent satire  Afro
     Reply #398 - January 15, 2015, 02:34 PM

Neither. Mocking Muhammad is.

He didn't do that. He made some comments but were about the Muhammed in cartoons.
     Reply #399 - January 15, 2015, 02:42 PM

(Clicky for piccy!)

I don't get it Cry
     Reply #400 - January 15, 2015, 02:48 PM

Life for an actual canary in a coal mine could be described in three words: "short but meaningful." Early coal mines did not feature ventilation systems, so legend has it that miners would bring a caged canary into new coal seams. Canaries are especially sensitive to methane and carbon monoxide, which made them ideal for detecting any dangerous gas build-ups. As long as the bird kept singing, the miners knew their air supply was safe. A dead canary signaled an immediate evacuation.

When the canary dies, shit is about to hit the fan for everyone who hasn't been paying attention. It is an extremely powerful warning signal.

Reply #401 - January 15, 2015, 02:51 PM

I don't get it Cry

They used to have canaries in mines during Victorian era to provide an early-warning of toxic gas like carbon monoxide so that miners could get out. It is saying that Charlie (the bird and the mag) being killed by the toxic gas is sign to act before more die. Charlie the mag hasn't died however so another message could be that if we don't act then that could happen and we will be living under completely toxic conditions where all suffer or die.
     Reply #402 - January 15, 2015, 02:52 PM

I don't get it Cry

Coal miners in the old days used to take canaries in a cage down the coal mines with them as an early warning system for the leaking of toxic gases such as carbon monoxide, methane or carbon dioxide. These gases would kill the bird before affecting the miners. Distress or death of the bird was a "danger warning" that conditions were unsafe and they must take action.

It is alluding to the fact that this attack is a warning to all of us and symptomatic of a deep problem and that it cannot be ignore - but action must be taken.
     Reply #403 - January 15, 2015, 02:52 PM

Ah... Lily & Nikki beat me to it  finmad
     Reply #404 - January 15, 2015, 03:11 PM

Cinzia Arruzza with a more thoughtful than usual view from the left on the Charlie Hebdo attack
    http://www.publicseminar.org/2015/01/is-solidarity-without-identity-possible/#.VLfWjYE76rW
     Reply #405 - January 15, 2015, 03:12 PM

What do you expect if you insult Islam?' British hate preacher BACKS the Paris massacres and tells his followers 'Britain is the enemy of Islam'  says News from that Daily Mail

well watch videos at that link

and watch the fool at this link..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd-eINbDoXI

I don't understand. How this Anjem Choudary is not in jail. I've seen some video with him and he is preaching Salafi/Wahhabi and he is saying that is with ISIS not with Obama. It is clearly what he is preaching. What is government waiting for, another slaughter? Salafi ideology should be banned immediately.

Also why there are Sharia courts in UK? WTF?
     Reply #406 - January 15, 2015, 03:19 PM

(Clicky for piccy!)

Such an awesome cartoon! Which newspaper posted this Nikolaj?

You are the Universe, Expressing itself as a Human for a little while- Eckhart Tolle
     Reply #407 - January 15, 2015, 03:38 PM

It is a cartoonist named Adam O. He makes cartoons for the left-wing Modkraft.dk. But it was a private one and got shared by Strid.

Here is one that got published on the Modkraft.dk Facebook-page:

"We on the Danish left LOVE political satire"

"But only politically CORRECT satire"

Not many Muslim-named Danes seem to approve. Haram. Victimhood narrative ftw. Next destination: Jihad

Reply #408 - January 15, 2015, 03:42 PM

Ah, yes I've seen some of his work before on Modkraft's Facebook page.

You are the Universe, Expressing itself as a Human for a little while- Eckhart Tolle
     Reply #409 - January 15, 2015, 03:44 PM

Ah, yes I've seen some of his work before on Modkraft's Facebook page.

You have been assimilated. You are now a house nigger. Yes, I have seen people in Denmark say things like that.

Reply #410 - January 15, 2015, 03:48 PM

You have been assimilated. You are now a house nigger. Yes, I have seen people in Denmark say things like that.

En husperker?  Cheesy And yeah, I'm very left-wing myself as well  whistling2

Reply #411 - January 15, 2015, 03:50 PM

I'm sure we can find some white left-wingers who will tell you that you have internalised the white imperialist narrative and you are a betrayal to the left-wing struggle - never mind your own people. And they can't see how fucking racist that is.

Reply #412 - January 15, 2015, 04:40 PM

This was posted on the ex-muslim reddit

mysmilie_977

"I am an Arab who comes from a Muslim family and thoroughly understands Islam's current situation. Apologies for my English as it is my third language, and apologies for this extremely lengthy post which I am to proof read after I wake up tomorrow. Here's the full story.

Understanding the world's Muslims position on what's happening today requires a thorough understanding of an array of nodes, or variables, which are often off-set against each other in arriving at any given situation. These variables are extremely important to know in order to understand the fuller picture, and without them the international alienation of Muslims and Arabs may continue for reasons often viewed as a mesh; an extremely hard to decipher web of interconnected values leading to extremism and the complete insanity often portrayed by the few bad apples.

First, yes, it is important to understand that the conversion from a normal sane Apple to an horribly bad apple is quite simple under certain circumstances, and in order to avoid those and help the international Muslim world wake up, international governments and media must tread carefully and hand-in-hand in order to contain an ever boiling situation.
    It is extremely easy to point fingers and blame a whole religion, and it's even easier to deal with brute-force-bombing villages and towns which are spewing terrorists around the world, but those are merely symptomatic-reliefs and are far from an actual cure. The virus that is religion-fueled extremism, especially when driven by faiths which make it "morally" easier to die, adapts rapidly and dangerously unless fully understood and contained.

First, allow me to give you a background about myself. I am a 30 years Arab Muslim who comes from a very authentic Arabic and Muslim background, I was brought up reciting verses of the Quaran throughout my childhood and I studied moderate -gulf states version- Islam for all my years of school and most of university. I also grew up in a typical Arab setting where being a "tough man" is often a survival instinct dictated by the constant bullying spread across various classes and often targets the "weak". The weak here is anyone who isn't willing to sustain bodily harm in order to defend oneself, usually women, the more feminine guys, children, and anyone who doesn't "cover up his sisters". The Arab world is a fascinating place where you can find the most human to human love and understanding, and you can find the most hateful and condescending interconnections, sometimes in the same damn building or house hold.

If you think you can get beheaded for drawing prophet mohammed, try swearing at a guy's sister in front of his dad, or try whistling at a veiled mother in front of a protective husband in many parts of the Arab world; be it Egypt, Jordan, Yemen, Saudi even Lebanon, that can easily get you killed. To understand that a non-religious Arab would risk death and would murder for "honor" is an extremely essential part of understanding how this reflects on religion, because it is often that deep bewitched "readiness for martyrdom" attitude is what trickles down to religious extremism, honor crimes, and even crimes after a football match. Often asked yourself why Palestinian riots or demonstrations are often far more violent than, say, an Israeli demonstration? Why North Africans are -this is sad but true- extremely hard to deal with in places like Europe and are often avoided by the police? Why the Lebanese in Australia tend to be the most violent among their peers? It is extremely understand that the nature of Arab "honor" is transitive, it actually is not exclusive to Islam, a Christian Arab is far more likely to defend any version of "honor" more violently than say a Dutch Christian. I am here not saying that being Arab is the cause of extremism, not at all, but it is the interconnection of all these elements. The reason you won't find a Christian Arab strapped to some c4 somewhere is because Islam, as a misinterpreted and often politically exploited religion, makes it easier to "go big" for all those falsely promised rewards of 72 virgins and eternal paradise. The need to defend "honor" is very essentially the same, it is just extremely compounded when coupled with religion and systematic brainwashing of neglecting this "transitive temporary" life and focusing on avoiding eternal hell.

I remember my dad rushing to school when my sister was five in order to fight with the Islamic-studies teacher. My sister had returned home earlier that day, utterly traumatized and pleading my father to make "Allah forgive her". That asshole of a teacher has just exposed an innocent five years old to unimaginable descriptions of eternal hell, graphic suffering that gets into the details of burning flesh, wearing molten-steel shoes until the brain boils, eating puss-filled thorny food for eternity, and an array of things even adults can't handle to hear; yet there we were with my sister being just five and traumatized in one of the world's most progressive Islamic countries on Earth. That teacher taught me too, and I went through the same exact detailing of said horrors but I never went back home crying because guess what? Boys don't cry, or else how can I defend my honor? That teacher had no agenda asides from doing his job and getting his salary and doing what he though was a good job in transmitting a religious message, and I was in a private Arab school which taught Islam as part of the governmental curriculum. It is then easy to imagine the horrors the Arab and Muslim youths go through when systematically brainwashed by people with actual agendas, in countries where extremism is a national export. In the wake of the September 11 terrorist attacks, the United States had Saudi and many other Arab governments restructure their school curriculums where all teachings related to Jihad and martyrdom were moderated and teachers were instructed to lessen from their tones. This I believe was a great step forward is still lacking in traction.

Islam today carries this extremely strong "honor" overtone because it was born in one of the most tribal societies on Earth, and although it was a marvelous rebellion against many horrid tribal virtues once prevalent, it still inherited from the culture and like most pagan-to-Abrahamic conversions, it still had to cater to local tastes and thus punishments were often extreme: cutting hand of the thief made much more sense than the once common "kill him and rape his family and take his daughter as a slave", and to stone a woman and a man to their death for adultery was a way to defuse the "honor" anger and avoid the once extremely savage and common tribal wars. When Islam first arrived, it was a systematic solution to many of the huge issues back then, but it is evident today that even backward Muslims view such punishments as extremes let alone the moderates. Just like we will view capital punishment as extreme one day when we will have brain-reset solutions, humanity advances but religion makes it damn hard to let go and Islam is very good at that.

This school of "honor" though was the vehicle through which Islam spread back in its time, and many cultures who adopted Islam adopted with it this school of thought. Hence today, places like Pakistan, Afghanistan, Eastern Europe, Nigeria, even the Philippines adopted it and started producing their own versions of extremism. Some other countries were lucky enough to have adopted Islam without the extremism multiplier, where Malaysia often stands-out as a good example.

The problem with understanding international Islam today is to understand that the Arab world is still, largely, few centuries backwards in its way of thinking, yet this same Arab world clings to the leadership role of explaining and guiding Islam around the world. In the Arab world of today, Human life is still easy to waste for the silliest reasons, from a girl losing her virginity then murdered by her brothers all the way up to what just saw unfold in France, they stem from the same deadly formula; a skewed understanding of a tribal honor system and a religion which makes it easier to say "fuck it all", and those two are often exported in a couple and are dangerously offered throughout terrorists-production camps.

To add to this deadly formula, the Arab world sadly sits on a huge oil reserve which only lets international powers and human greed fuel these differences and feed them, and with Israel's presence in the region and another Abrahamic religion fighting for yet another prophecy in Israel, the Arab world and the Muslim world at large is a mess.

To fix this, the international community must take firm steps in not allowing Arab governments to continue their puppet-shows and to cease fueling hatred and extremism. Scientists worldwide must help us take major leaps against petrol-dependency and render the region uninteresting for all those meddlers. Education and schooling must vastly improve in order to give the Arab and Muslim youths purpose instead of the current desperation rendering them easy prey to remote exploiters.

It is time to stop the insanity and to stop each others' 2000 year's old books causing all this destruction. The exploitation and abuse is systematic and is politically driven, and if real efforts are made into corrective steps, international world peace is a very attainable dream. Meanwhile, free world, keep on doing what you're doing. Adherents to all religious must respect every human's right to say whatever they want to say with no risk of any punishment whatsoever, be it a risk of horrendous crimes or being taken to court, all religions must cut their bullshit. No human on earth has the right to shun another human from their birth-right of free speech.

Long live Charlie.

Thank you,
    WQ

Reply #413 - January 15, 2015, 06:00 PM

Just read that! good stuff, and great for understanding the situation!
     Reply #414 - January 15, 2015, 06:19 PM

Statement by some left groups in France (Alternative libertaire, Mouvement des Objecteurs de Croissance, Nouveau Parti Anticapitaliste, Parti Communiste des Ouvriers de France)
    http://www.anarkismo.net/article/27793

The translation isn't great so for anyone who knows French it might be easier to read in the original version
    http://alternativelibertaire.org/?Pour-la-liberte-d-expression-et
     Reply #415 - January 15, 2015, 06:36 PM

Interesting graph!

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/01/08/3609796/islamist-terrorism-europe/
     Reply #416 - January 15, 2015, 07:10 PM

Corsican separatists, the Basques and others should join the Jihad. This is destroying for peoples' perception. We need more Basque spectacular terror on the Tube. Throwing a Molotov cocktail at a government post office at night doesn't cut it.

Reply #417 - January 15, 2015, 08:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvgdPAEu8vA

Je Suis Charlie ill Maher and panelists Salman Rushdie, Carly Fiorina and Paul Begala discuss the recent terror attacks

Reply #418 - January 16, 2015, 12:58 AM

Its a bit jittery at time but here is Maajid et., al., at the Frontline Club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8GI20g64k
     Reply #419 - January 16, 2015, 01:06 AM

Its a bit jittery at time but here is Maajid et., al., at the Frontline Club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8GI20g64k

Now I am worried about Maajid Nawaz.. He  crossed the line with his words in that video..

• Previous page 1 ... 12 13 1415 16 ... 20 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »