Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Yesterday at 11:12 PM

Marcion and the introduct...
by zeca
July 03, 2024, 05:35 PM

Gaza assault
by zeca
June 30, 2024, 10:43 PM

France Muslims were in d...
June 30, 2024, 08:06 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
June 26, 2024, 11:07 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
June 26, 2024, 03:53 AM

Eid Al-Adha
by akay
June 26, 2024, 03:50 AM

What music are you listen...
by zeca
June 24, 2024, 02:38 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
June 24, 2024, 07:45 AM

Qur'anic studies today
June 20, 2024, 06:24 PM

ماذا يحدث هذه الايام؟؟؟.
by akay
June 17, 2024, 01:00 PM

Jesus mythicism
by zeca
June 15, 2024, 10:14 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: The heart of the EDL army is online, not on the streets

(Read 51526 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 20 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The heart of the EDL army is online, not on the streets
     Reply #270 - November 04, 2011, 02:44 PM

Fundamentalism doesn't really apply to Islam, someone who prays 5 times a day and fasts is technically a fundamentalist, but it's original CHRISTIAN meaning is someone who is like, opposed to secular laws or something. Or uses it in politics.

If that person who prays 5 times a day a fasts doesn't fight or kill unbelievers who are waging war against islam, is still considered fundamentalist? I thought yihad was a big chunk of islam as Allah talks about it all the time.
     Reply #271 - November 04, 2011, 04:02 PM

I repeat:
    They don't try to change the value system because their god hates christians, jews, polytheist  or the kuffar in general. I have a problem with that religion called islam and with however thinks it has to delete our values system and implement the filthy sharia.

I was addressing this part of your comment:

In fact I said in a previous message that I don't mind people from other cultures like hindu, buddist or sikhs etc etc.

You seem to be implying that muslims have a single culture which is bullshit.

If that person who prays 5 times a day a fasts doesn't fight or kill unbelievers who are waging war against islam, is still considered fundamentalist? I thought yihad was a big chunk of islam as Allah talks about it all the time.

Someone who prays 5 times a day is an observant muslim IMO. Jihad is a big chunk of Islam, I was taught its the sixth pillar of Islam but there's different types of Jihad. I think they all have the same goal (make Islam supreme) but there are different methods, some methods are violent, others aren't.
     Reply #272 - November 04, 2011, 04:35 PM

Opps I used the wrong word, culture, when in fact I was referring to religion wacko! But I imagine it can be said as islamic culture? Would that be correct?
     Reply #273 - November 04, 2011, 05:21 PM

It is the same when they criticize and talk about the non sense of islam, but if I say "quoranic animal" I'm hate speech.

Hows about this one for you then, you say quranic animal one more time and you will get a warning for it.

It is very simple.  This is a forum for EX muslims or those who are fucking reasonable enough to not consistently keep repeating what animals we must have been when we used to believe in the quran.

It's really very simple. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #274 - November 04, 2011, 05:24 PM

This thread is becoming a waste of space, and will be heading for the Rant Arena if the tone doesn't improve.

Everyone: please lay off the silly personal attacks and insults in this thread.

Mandragoras: just to be clear, this does include things like "Qoranic animals", etc. If you walk up to someone and start telling them their friends and family are sub-human animals, you shouldn't be all that surprised when they give you the finger.

Aww fuck, You did it already.  Grin 

I should have read on instead of getting pissed off.

Reply #275 - November 04, 2011, 05:44 PM

Hows about this one for you then, you say quranic animal one more time and you will get a warning for it.

It is very simple.  This is a forum for EX muslims or those who are fucking reasonable enough to not consistently keep repeating what animals we must have been when we used to believe in the quran.

It's really very simple. 

I won't repeat that again. I was referring really to the kinds of Ajem Choudary or whatever his name is, really nasty ones. It was not my intention to insult any of you or your family or friends.
     Reply #276 - November 04, 2011, 08:48 PM

Can at least refer to Mo as a quoranic animal? He was the one who created the quoran, and I consider him a sub-human defective animal.

It will make you look rather silly. He was human. Humans do all sorts of weird things.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #277 - November 04, 2011, 09:10 PM

Completely off-topic, but why did you choose mandrake as your user name and avatar, Mandragora?

Reply #278 - November 04, 2011, 09:13 PM

So what proportion of the world's population who identify themselves as "Muslim" actively interpret the Qur'anic command "DON'T EAT PIG MEAT" as "Go ahead....Eat pig meat"? Or "Fast during Ramadan" as "Wanna stuff your face to your hearts content during Ramadan?....Dat's cool wid Allah"? Or "Stay off the booze" as "Have one on me buddy"?

Read about Sufism. Even the seemingly most obvious commandments aren't so obvious to many of those folks, bless their hearts.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #279 - November 04, 2011, 11:17 PM

idk, i have this dude who considers himself a 'wahabi' who i smoke weed with and he always tries to debate with me on why islam is right and shit(i'm usually like wtf i'm getting stoned leave me the fuck alone). then i asked him whether he had anything to drink that night(we just got back from the bar), and he's like 'fuck dat khamri bro'. i'm like wtf why u smoke weed then? and he's like 'well weed isn't like alcohol' even though some hadith i have forgotten says 'every intoxicant is forbidden'(sahih bukhari 40xx, where x is something i forgot). he shrugs his shoulders and we proceed to get high
     Reply #280 - November 04, 2011, 11:47 PM

^^ I know loads of muslims like that.  My ex hated alcohol too but he smoked a whole lot of green.  Grin

I could never relate to that reasoning.  Both were equal in my mind. 

Reply #281 - November 05, 2011, 12:15 AM

Its because smoking weed is seen as a less 'western' thing as its very common in many muslim countries. My cousin brother smokes it regularly and he's doing hafiz, a few weeks ago he text me a few mins before he was about to lead prayers at the mosque he prays in saying he only realised he has weed in his pocket and was asking how he should get rid of it without anyone noticing  Cheesy
     Reply #282 - November 05, 2011, 12:31 AM

Weed is western too.

Fucking ID crisis even affects the chill things.....tchaa

*suck tooth*

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #283 - November 05, 2011, 01:48 AM

But its not seen and isn't a western exclusivity, I used to get high in Peshawar (away from parents of course) and no-one around me seemed to care, had I had a bottle of beer in my hand I think their reaction would have been totally different  Tongue
     Reply #284 - November 05, 2011, 06:49 AM

Isn't alcohol an Arabic word.  Huh?

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #285 - November 05, 2011, 07:00 AM

'alcohol' has an arabic origin, yes. but so does 'hash'... although i don't think that has much to do with how acceptable they are in a muslim society.
     Reply #286 - November 05, 2011, 07:25 AM

When I was in Egypt, alcohol to Egyptians is like cannabis to us, you know people do it, but not openly, and if you saw someone outside smoking hash, you'd be like..."WTF" but just walk on.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #287 - November 05, 2011, 07:30 AM

I read a journal of a French clergyman who travelled to Jerusalem over land, in the 15th century, the number one request made by Turcomans (Turks) and Arabs was if he had any good quality wine, because he's French. Roll Eyes This was about 80 years after the 9th Crusade.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #288 - November 05, 2011, 09:59 AM

Before there were Christians or Muslims in the Middle East, there was wine.

I do wish religion would stay out of the kitchen, the bedroom and the wardrobe, and confine its attentions to stuff that doesn't matter like the soul.
     Reply #289 - November 05, 2011, 10:21 AM

Quote from: asbdsp
    Read about Sufism. Even the seemingly most obvious commandments aren't so obvious to many of those folks, bless their hearts.

I've read quite a lot about Sufism or "sugar coated Islam" as it's been called. Referring to the existence of Sufism does not in itself constitute an answer my question to AbuAli you quoted - no more than pointing to violence in the bible in itself answers questions regarding the perculiarly Muslim ongoing tendency to commit violence and human rights abuses in the name of their god.

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #290 - November 05, 2011, 10:34 AM

Quote from: deusvult
    By da brown people of course.  Course, uncouth, ignorant buffoons who think they can tell us Europeans what to do. Things like "don't bomb our country" or "all people are created equal" or "there are systematic injustices in the political and legal system set up by those in power" Tomfoolery I tell you, tomfoolery.

I don't understand what you are jabbering on about here. You'll have to lay it out in plain english I'm afraid. Who says "don't bomb our country" etc?

Quoranic animals,

Not my term. Madragoras has elaborated on what they mean anyhow. Do you believe them?

a good Muslim is a bad human being,

Like I said, those who you or I would regard as a "good human being" is, according to the Koran, a BAD Muslim. That is a FACT. It follows as a matter of basic logic that, according to the Koran, a "GOOD" Muslim would be a bad human being from our point of view.

no such thing as a moderate Muslim...

The trouble is I have never been presented with a clear definition of a "moderate" Muslim so I can understand what people are talking about. What do YOU mean by the term?

The mosque: the most epic display of collective douchbaggery, arrogance and delusion
     Reply #291 - November 05, 2011, 10:41 AM

Quote from: "posthuman"
    When I was in Egypt, alcohol to Egyptians is like cannabis to us, you know people do it, but not openly, and if you saw someone outside smoking hash, you'd be like..."WTF" but just walk on.

Let's start again. What proportion of the world's population who define themselves as "Muslim"

> Eat Pork
    > Drink alcohol
    > Eat when and where they want during Ramadan

Answers anyone?

Reply #292 - November 05, 2011, 10:43 AM

a clear definition of a "moderate" Muslim so I can understand what people are talking about. What do YOU mean by the term?

I know the question is not directed at me, but the Muslim equivalent of a Christmas-and-Easter Christian, perhaps.

A largely secular person with a few ill-defined ideas about the Almighty Other.
     Reply #293 - November 05, 2011, 10:51 AM

Is DH still on the old trope of trying to show that anyone that professes to be a Muslim is a 5th columnist who will sometime soon bring the Western world to it's knees? Color me bored but the same old tropes and accusations get bored after a while.  Hey guys all the Jews Muslims are here to turn your paradise into a hell hole.  Better use violence against them because Lord knows we don't want them to get violent.  Rinse and repeat.    

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #294 - November 05, 2011, 12:08 PM

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm there? It is true that what is known (by Muslims in particular) as "The MUSLIM world" encompasses a wide range of vegistigal pre-Islamic culinary, linguistic and other cultural traditons. But what should we conclude from this other than "Not ALL Muslims eat sheeps' eyes"?

That's quite a simplistic view of culture.

Pre-Islam Culture + Islam = Pre-Islamic Islamic culture.

It shows how you view the world, Islam, and everything else. A bit like Christians saying there is either a God or there isn't, ignoring the possibility we could be a computer simulation, a realty TV show for aliens, the creation of Conan etc.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #295 - November 05, 2011, 12:16 PM

I'll take it that JC is OK with you answering for him. So in what sense does the "context" of Madragoran's usage of the word "native" differ from JC's in your opinion?

Native means displaced/replaced by force. Nobody talks about the natives of Europe, because most of the "natives" of Europe, are not in Europe, by the actions of people from Europe. This cannot be said of any other "native". In reality that's what it means. There's no such thing as a native therefore. The human story is a story of migration.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #296 - November 05, 2011, 12:18 PM

I'm improvising here with definitions, but wikipedia seems to be singing a similar tune:

'The term "native" can have many different social and political connotations in different contexts. In some cases it is a neutral, descriptive term, for example, when stating that one is a native of a particular city or that a certain language is one's native language. However, in the context of colonialism—in particular, British colonialism—the term "natives", as applied to the inhabitants of colonies, assumed a disparaging and patronising sense, implying that the people concerned were incapable of taking care of themselves and in need of Europeans to administer their lives;[citation needed] therefore, these people resent the use of the term and consider it insulting, and at present English speakers usually avoid using it. This connotation has also led to controversy over the preference of the terms Native American or American Indians, though this controversy has resulted in either term being acceptable to most American Indians.[1]. And in the context of Nativism, in some periods a potent political force, "natives" are defined as a (predominantly white) group deserving of a special privileged position in comparison to immigrants.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #297 - November 05, 2011, 12:24 PM

Isn't it those who call THEMSELVES "Muslim" who are doing the "labelling"? This is their CORE IDENTITY. What is the other 95% of their identity you are referring to above?

So? I labelled myself Posthuman, there's someone else who thinks they're Jesus Christ, and you appear to be....DH......"Dark Hardon" "Dreamy Handjob" "Delicious Hindu"...etc. Not sure.

24 hours in a day.

8 sleeping, 8 working, 2 eating, drinking, small talk, 1 travel, 0.25 sex. The rest is religion.

Homosapien is their primary identity, whether they like it, or know it, or not.

EDIT: In Arab countries, 5 hours smoking sheesha.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #298 - November 05, 2011, 12:27 PM

You mean the "culture" of all NAZIS in Europe is not Nazi?

And what conclusion should be drawn from this?

That a Jewish person having a Bar Mitzvah is not a Zionist scumbag who wants to live in the West Bank.

Before Jesus was, I AM.
     Reply #299 - November 05, 2011, 12:30 PM

Who has said anything about "Race Pride"? You and too many other people here are too eager to read race supremacist, xenophobic sentiments into what are perfectly innocuous statements. JC, in the link I posted above, made a distinction between "native" Canadians and "immigrants". Do you accept his distinction as a valid one?

No, because immigrant in Canada means someone moving to Canada. Immigrant in Europe means non-white or Muslim. It just does I'm afraid. whistling2

Before Jesus was, I AM.
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 20 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »